Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,533 members, 7,808,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria (5082 Views)

Politics In 2017 : Anambra Polls, Mega Party, Others To Shape New Year / Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official / Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by plaetton: 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
What a stuuuupid, condescending insult.

I don't blame the op, a Cradle to grave product of disfunctional system.

What an irony.
Regular Insults from imbeciles is the high price we pay for our citizenship in this nation.

Now, every discerning mind should figure why Igbos like myself would find the forced marriage between ourselves and people who think like the OP very loathsome.

Yuk! Is what easily comes to mind.

National politics.

In local parlance, who e don EPP

Those of you that are master craftsmen at the so-called local politics , what exactly do have to show for it ?

Northern Nigeria, the Masters of national politics in Nigeria are the proud centers of the lowest and most shameful quality of life indices in Nigeria and prominently in the world. Is that something that Igbos should envy ?

As Igbos, we say you can go to hell with your national politics.

Igbos, since the end of the civil war, have grown impervious to the never ending clown shows you call federal politics. We have grown above the tiny drops of milk the rest of you still salivate and depend upon.

Any time there is growth in the economy, the Igbo middle class expands.
At any point in time since the civil war, the Igbo middle class has been robust and expanding far more than any other group in Nigeria.

The day Nigeria gets good sincere leadership, whether from the North, the West or any other part of Nigeria, Igbos, as everyone knows, are and will always be in the best position to be the greater beneficiaries .

Therefore, maclatunji, to fxxx with your federal politics. Keep playing your federal politics of musical chairs.
Keep playing your game political motions without movement.
Keep regressing back to the Feudal characters of a bygone era.

Igbos do not ever , and will never have to ingratiate ourselves to anyone, any group, will never bow just to get drops of milk from any cow.
Those of you who are adept at it, the Masters of national politics, as you call yourselves, can go right ahead and continue right where you left off.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by AntiIPOOP(m): 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

You can see whatever the Bleep you want..idk care.

One thing I know is I find your entire tribe extremely descipable, and utterly DISGUSTING.
Eyya no be fight na sad
Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by vedaxcool(m): 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
KOed them foolish ipoop

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by CSTR12: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
maclatunji:

You need a lesson in history child. It was Igbos that were largely sold as slaves during the time of slave trade. Have you heard of Igbo landing?

You want schooling on Ilorin? Go read history.

You are here whining on this thread, go lick your wounds. tongue tongue tongue
And yorubas were not sold as slaves? How did you think the yoruba language got to brazil and cuba?
Yorubas were also sold off enmass and became nothing of worth. Atleast a number of igbo slaves stood out and changed the course of history both locally and even internationally.

21 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by maclatunji: 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
plaetton:
What a stuuuupid, condescending insult.

I don't blame the op, a Cradle to grave product of disfunctional system.

What an irony.
Insults from imbeciles is the high price we pay our citizenship in nation.

Now, every discerning mind would figure why Igbos like myself would find the forced marriage between ourselves and people who think like the OP very loathsome.

Yuk! Is what easily comes to mind.

National politics.

In local parlance, who e don EPP.

Those of you that are master craftsmen at the so-called local politics , what exactly do have to show for it ?

Northern Nigeria, the Masters of national politics in Nigeria are the proud centers of the lowest and most shameful quality of life indices in Nigeria and prominently in the world. Is that something that Igbos should envy ?

As Igbos, we say you can go to hell with your national politics.

Igbos, since the end of the civil war, have grown impervious to the never ending clown shows you call federal politics. We have grown above the tiny drops of milk the rest of you still salivate and depend upon.

Any time there is growth in the economy, the Igbo middle class expands.
At any point in time since the civil war, the Igbo middle class has been robust and expanding far more than any other group in Nigeria.

The day Nigeria gets good sincere leadership, whether from the North, the West or any other part of Nigeria, Igbos, as everyone knows, are and will always be in the best position to be the greater beneficiaries .

Therefore, maclatunji, to fxxx with your federal politics. Keep playing your federal politics of musical chairs.
Keep playing your game political motions without movement.
Keep regressing back to the Feudal characters of a bygone era.

Igbos do not ever , and will never have to ingratiate ourselves to anyone, any group, will never bow just to get drops of milk from any cow.
Those of you who are adept at it, the Masters of national politics, as you call yourselves, can go right ahead and continue right where you left off.

Despite the problems of the North, its people do not go about sowing seeds of hate and subversion around the country.

So, we must thank them for their enlightenment in this regard and condemn Igbos for being the opposite.

Of course you are pained, truth hurts.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by maclatunji: 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
CSTR12:
And yorubas were not sold as slaves? How did you think the yoruba language got to brazil and cuba?
Yorubas were also sold off enmass and became nothing of worth. Atleast a number of igbo slaves stood out and changed the course of history both locally and even internationally.

Igbos were conquered and subjugated by other tribes, Yorubas had intra-ethnic wars generating slaves.

The Ilorin you are making noise about was a camp of a Yoruba rebel general not part of established Yoruba homeland.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by payosehtor(m): 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
maclatunji:
It is very simple, you cannot be conniving against the progress of Nigeria and effectively benefit from it.

This concept is not alien to you because a large part of your population are spread outside the Southeast and you behave well enough to be accepted as fellow Nigerians.

However, when it comes to national politics, you simply have consistently failed to be circumspect. Let me give you an example, Igbos were the noisiest in supporting the misrule of Goodluck Jonathan as President for 5 years. In that period, you failed to encourage him to build Nigeria, worse still to help develop your region that is ravaged by underdevelopment.

Now, that the man you majorly do not support is in power, you are encouraging subversion and beating the drums of war.

How then can you be political relevant in Nigeria? You cannot and will not be.

Oh, I forgot, you are fighting for Biafra. It would have been fun to allow you have it but you would mess that up and still want to eat from the rest of Nigeria like you currently are.

Sorry, you will not be able to eat your cake and have it. So, the choice is yours, become progressive in your political outlook or remain backwards in Nigeria.

You can make all the noise you want on the Internet, it won't change facts on ground.

Respect to my enlightened and sophisticated Igbo friends, you will forgive me ffor addressing your politically-unsophisticated brethren, making too much noise in Nigeria.
you have said it all bro. what a blunt truth. Ipob will soon request for your head ok? (John the Baptist/king Herodotus scenario)

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by plaetton: 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
maclatunji:

Despite the problems of the North, its people do not go about sowing seeds of hate and subversion around the country.

I feel embarrassed for your amnesia and dishonesty.

How many riots, bloody riots and mass killings , religious or ethnic, have you ever heard of in Igboland since you were born ?

How many bloody riots and mass killings , ethnic and religious, have do you hear of in the North or by Northerners every month since you could hear?

We assume that the org.ies of mass killings we are inundated with every fortnight in the North or by Northerners are not borne out of hate for other people, but brotherly, patriotic love ?

You're a big joke. undecided

You're a product of a dysfunctional system, where your system only permits you to use a small half of your thinking faculty.
That is the only explanation for posting such an outlandishly stuuuupid and historically false statement.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by maclatunji: 8:30pm On Aug 12, 2016
plaetton:

I feel embarrassed for your amnesia and dishonesty.

How many riots bloody riots and mass killings , religious or ethnic, have you ever heard of in Igboland since you were born ?

How many bloody riots and mass killings , ethnic and religious, have do you hear of in the North or by Northerners every month since you could hear?

I assume that the daily org.ies mass killings we are treated every fortnight in the North or by Northerners are not borne out hate for other people?

You're a joke.

You're a product of dysfunctional system, where your system only permits you use a small half of your thinking faculty.
That is the only explanation for posting such an outlandishly stuupid and historically false statement.

LOL, sorry you are feeling hurt but the truth is the truth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by attackgat: 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
maclatunji:
It is very simple, you cannot be conniving against the progress of Nigeria and effectively benefit from it.

This concept is not alien to you because a large part of your population are spread outside the Southeast and you behave well enough to be accepted as fellow Nigerians.

However, when it comes to national politics, you simply have consistently failed to be circumspect. Let me give you an example, Igbos were the noisiest in supporting the misrule of Goodluck Jonathan as President for 5 years. In that period, you failed to encourage him to build Nigeria, worse still to help develop your region that is ravaged by underdevelopment.

Now, that the man you majorly do not support is in power, you are encouraging subversion and beating the drums of war.

How then can you be political relevant in Nigeria? You cannot and will not be.

Oh, I forgot, you are fighting for Biafra. It would have been fun to allow you have it but you would mess that up and still want to eat from the rest of Nigeria like you currently are.

Sorry, you will not be able to eat your cake and have it. So, the choice is yours, become progressive in your political outlook or remain backwards in Nigeria.

You can make all the noise you want on the Internet, it won't change facts on ground.

Respect to my enlightened and sophisticated Igbo friends, you will forgive me ffor addressing your politically-unsophisticated brethren, making too much noise in Nigeria.

Another Yoruba man who is fighting to do 'one Nigeria' with Igbos.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by Kyase(m): 8:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
jahsharon:
Ibos wants the best things in Nigeria but they hate Nigeria. Ibos hate Hausa, Yoruba, Fulani, Kanuri, Igbira, Tiv, Junkun, even Ijaws, Itsekiri, Urhobo e.t.c. Ibos only like Ibos. Anybody who is not an Ibo is an enemy to Ibos.

Ibos wanted One Nigeria when their adopted son the ineffectual buffon husband of the cantankerous sheppopo was president and was sharing more money than the nation was making with his gang of looters.The drunk fisherman has lost election after bankrupting the country, Ibos now want Biafra. What a people! Ibos now say "give us Biafra or death". We can't give them Biafra and they can't take it themselves either, if they want death, they are free to die.
Respect your elders...
Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by CSTR12: 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
maclatunji:

Igbos were conquered and subjugated by other tribes, Yorubas had intra-ethnic wars generating slaves.

The Ilorin you are making noise about was a camp of a Yoruba rebel general not part of established Yoruba homeland.
Igbos were conquered by which tribe? Haha more delusion.
Infact, the major reason why igbo never created an empire was because there was no existential threat to igbo civilization. The only real threat was the great benin empire and they were stopped at onitsha and even as far as Ika in delta state.
The yorubas on the other hand were beaten black and blue first by the women from benin republic and then by fulani.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by meme4real: 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Akpan107:
You are such a frustrated ignorant... Igbos hate Ijaws but love Jonathan, is Gej an igbo man. there's no State in Nigeria Igbos have not invested billions of naira into! you're still talking of hate here.

My brother you can see the hypocrisy of this hateful tribe called yorrobers.The same thing they acquise others of is actually who they really are.Now they say Igbos hate everybody in the zoo.My question here is who has the biggest investment running all over the zoo?does any yorrober man have one investment in akwa ibom,river state,bayelsa,IMO,Enugu,anambra etc?i quests non,this is because hatred for the these regions has so eaten them up that it is a taboo for them to invest in other people's region.Now that idiot is coming to spread their usual propaganda just to discredit the Igbo tribe.Yorrober cannot marry any other tribe apart from their yorrobers,and if they marry the person e go hear yhee.Very tribalistic people who only believe that they can make money as ritualist.Tell me is it not because of the hatred their Oba has for the Igbos that he made that statement during the state election.Useless tribe.Yorrober we are not stopping or preventing you people to continue to remain as slaves in Nigeria and you do not have the right to continue to attack us simply because we have decided to librate ourselves from the shackles of this damnable pit called Nigeria.Leave us alone and mind your own business.Everyday,Igbo this,Igbo that.Leave them alone.HBP kills.

10 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by meme4real: 9:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
MonPro:

A yoruba muslim ile kewu arabic school graduate is advising Igbo how to play politics. 'I guess his number one advise will be -'Remove all your kings and put a fulani emirate in your land like we muslim yorubas did'. grin

When I was in kano during a riot in the 90s, these same yoruba muslim charlatans were running to Sabon gari to hide in Igbo shops when their fulani brothers-in-Islam wanted to show them 'true love' with matches.

I can tell you that the hatred this people exhibit for the Igbos is unimaginable.And it cannot be hiden it's so glaring.Only if the Igbos will understand how much this people hate them.Gosh.

10 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by meme4real: 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
Akpan107:
You tried to make me believe the igbos love the ijaws because of the militancy in the Niger Delta... that was why i asked you the question you have failed to understand. but i just want to let you understand that, we share the same culture and religion with the Igbos. we the Niger Deltan will always stand with them.

God bless you.what you just said is the fact that they have refused to understand.Shame will be theirs forever and as always.

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by maclatunji: 9:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
meme4real:

God bless you.what you just said is the fact that they have refused to understand.Shame will be theirs forever and as always.

Actually, history shows the perceived love between both regions is fake.

Anyways that is outside the scope of this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by meme4real: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
maclatunji:

Actually, history shows the perceived love between both regions is fake.

Anyways that is outside the scope of this thread.

So how did you come up with this and what is your evidence that the love between Ss and se is fake?or is it just jeliousy and evil eating you up?that the two brothers have reunited again.Smell out here with your hatred I don't talk to haters.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by maclatunji: 9:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
meme4real:

So how did you come up with this and what is your evidence that the love between Ss and se is fake?or is it just jeliousy and evil eating you up?that the two brothers have reunited again.Smell out here with your hatred I don't talk to haters.

Just go check the story of Ken Saro-Wiwa and Odimegwu Ojukwu.

Don't get high on your own ignorance.

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by Emyogalanya: 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
How does this help nation building no wonder people like u are in buhari cabinet . Building a nation by bashing a tribe? Tell me that's how China, usa, Germany, India, UK, Japan etc were built, 97% : 5% is ur presidents way , u may well suggests this formulae to buhari and see our economy overtake that of SA. Guy ur messing up big time
maclatunji:

Just contributing my quota to building the nation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by CSTR12: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
meme4real:

That guy is an islamo-yoruba bigot. One of the dangerous combo a nation can have.
Ofcourse, political unity between the old and new eastern region drills a painful hole into his mind.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by hannyjay(f): 10:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
D worst tin dat ever happen to dis country is d flat head.may thunder destroy ll enemies of dis country ijn
Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by abduljabbar4(m): 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
Akpan107:
You are such a frustrated ignorant... Igbos hate Ijaws but love Jonathan, is Gej an igbo man. there's no State in Nigeria Igbos have not invested billions of naira into! you're still talking of hate here.

Tell me that Nigeria is a no mans land

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Are Out Of Mainstream Politics In Nigeria by abduljabbar4(m): 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
Well done @maclatunji

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Irele And Ose LGA In Ondo Should Be Ceded To Edo State / This Is The Richest City In The World, According To A New Report. / APC Loses In All LGAs Declared So Far In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.