Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Regreting Programming Career - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Regreting Programming Career (1125 Views)

Is It Too Late To Start My Programming Career? / Programming Career In Either JAVA Or .NET / Computer Science Degree Recommended For Programming Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Regreting Programming Career by talk2hb1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 25, 2009
Hello Folks in house, I have been wondering all this while if any programmer have any cause,picking programming as a career
Re: Regreting Programming Career by Seun(m): 12:54pm On Sep 25, 2009
Why do you regret it?
Re: Regreting Programming Career by segsalerty(m): 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2009
@poster
What happened ?
Re: Regreting Programming Career by yawatide(f): 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2009
Did you get into it cos of the money or cos of the love for programming itself? I think answering this question in particular will go a long way in helping you come to closure.
Re: Regreting Programming Career by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2009
The frustration of web design and programming is very depressing and frustrating but it's worth the stress when at the end.You get the desired result.Programming without passion is simply just coding.
Re: Regreting Programming Career by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2009
i wish i can become multithreaded,
then i will dedicated different threads to different languages and a single thread to take care of the other world
even when i die, i wont stop coding
coding to me is boring, but the joy of seeing my codes do what i want it to do is fulfilling (like when u eat booli) grin.

even on the bus, i have python installed on my iPod touch 2G, so i can read python by mark lutz on it and switch to Terminal to test what i just read
me i just like the kind life wey i dey live.
Re: Regreting Programming Career by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2009
@webdezzi
i feel u jare. Just like i told a friend yesterday, computing is a way of life for me.
Re: Regreting Programming Career by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 04, 2009
Interesting. In my own case, it is just a hobby and nothing more. But i loooooove it!
Re: Regreting Programming Career by yawatide(f): 10:00am On Oct 05, 2009
I think a book I am currently reading has said it best, "programming is difficult business. It shouldn't be undertaken with ignorance".

of course I am sure the author isn't saying that programming in and of itself is difficult but that being mature enough to know the good parts and use only those is what is difficult.

Programming/coding (I don't agree with your analysis pc guru wink) or whatever you want to call it should be done cos you have the passion for it not cos of the money. The money will always come later.

What's that saying? Ah, here it is: If you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life.
Re: Regreting Programming Career by BigStar1(m): 10:16am On Oct 05, 2009
I wonder why i would regret my beloved career?
Re: Regreting Programming Career by Agod: 12:23pm On Oct 05, 2009
The guy no say him regret anything. He just wan create an endless loop of I regret/I no regret kind of.
Re: Regreting Programming Career by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2009
But having said that, i would not mind a career in programming. i blv i hav some of the requirements. Coding is one thing, programming is another.
Yeah, i dont agree wit pc gurus's analysis at all. When you hav a hard time wit coding, it just meant you have overlooked something either due to lack of knowlege or lack of patience. And i will never use the word frustration, i will rather call it fun (call me playful it you like). My greatest challenge (frustration) so far was that, it took me several months to write a hello_world php dll extension with ms c++ compiler surprisingly!

(1) (Reply)

Guyz Come To My Rescue / Desktop Or Online Application? / What Is The Best Tool/software To Use In Developing Andriod Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.