Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:41 PM

No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police (8017 Views)

Mayowa Ahmed Of #SaveMayowa Is Dead / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 13, 2016
The Lagos State Police command says it has investigated the controversy surrounding the funding and medical treatment of Mayowa Ahmed and has not been able to establish any case of fraud against Ahmed or members of her family.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmos, said this in a statement on Friday.

It would be recalled that the victim’s family, supported by Nollywood actress, Toyin Aimakhu; and Miss Aramide Kasumu, the director of Lifestake Foundation, had launched an online appeal to raise funds for her cancer surgery in an Atlanta- based hospital in the United States.

The campaign was said to have raised over N80m and a separate $100,000 for her but Aimakhu later alleged on social media that the campaign was a scam.

The police spokesperson, however, described the controversy as a mere misunderstanding between the parties involved.

The statement read in part, “On July 28 the Ahmed family wanted to take Mayowa out of the hospital and Both Toyin and Aramide demanded to know the destination, this led to crisis between the family and the other party, with both Aramide and Toyin Aimakhu realising Mayowa does not have valid visa to United States of America

“The inability of both parties to communicate appropriately led to allegation and counter allegation, with the duo of Toyin and Aramide thinking the family have no intention of seeking medical help for Mayowa abroad and might likely divert the fund away from the purpose it’s meant for.

“The command having waded in had ensured that a genuine hospital in South Africa was contacted by the family.”

Badmos said the investigation which was carried out by the Police X Squad revealed that the victim indeed had Ovarian Cancer

She revealed that till date a total N81,278,954.81 had been deposited into Mayowa’s bank account while $100,000 is in the Gofundme internet account.

The police spokesperson said the police had unfrozen the account but would continue to monitor it closely.

She said, “The inability of both parties to communicate appropriately led to allegation and counter-allegation, with the duo of Toyin and Aramide thinking the family had no intention of seeking medical help for Mayowa abroad and might likely divert the fund away from the purpose it’s meant for.

“The command having waded in had ensured that a genuine hospital in South Africa was contacted by the family and she will be under the care of one Dr. Naicker.

“Flight arrangements are already concluded with mini air ambulance and medical certificate duly issued to enable her travel.

“The lien placed on the account has been lifted to enable Mayowa access fund for her medical treatment and for every other expenses to be made.”

http://punchng.com/no-fraud-case-savemayowa-say-police/

2 Likes

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by veekid(m): 8:29am On Aug 13, 2016
shocked who should we believe now please
Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by eleojo23: 8:29am On Aug 13, 2016
When huge amount of money is involved in anything, controversies and misunderstandings are bound to arise.

Get well soon Mayowa.

18 Likes

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:29am On Aug 13, 2016
cool cool cool get well soon mayowa

7 Likes

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by Yewandequeen(f): 8:29am On Aug 13, 2016
Thats a good development.

I pray the treatment will be a success and not a waste.

6 Likes

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 13, 2016
May God heal this lady sad

2 Likes

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by PrincessAnna: 8:30am On Aug 13, 2016
Devil is a liar

2 Likes

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by kayo80(m): 8:30am On Aug 13, 2016
Cool. Toyin Aimakhu and Linda Ikeji should bend their heads in shame...especially Linda, blogging that the Mayowa girl had planned with her family members to scam Nigerians. I don't know how Linda reached that kind of conclusion. I am still a fan of Linda's success story cos it motivates me, but that was really a bad move by her. How can a dying girl who is fighting for her life plan with her family to scam Nigerians?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by ChuzzyBlog: 8:30am On Aug 13, 2016
Never sounded like fraud to me from day 1. Anyways keep #PrayingForMayowa

21 Likes

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by miketemi4luv(m): 8:30am On Aug 13, 2016
OK oooo, kudos to dem den if dats d truth & followed proper investigation, and I wish her quick recovery....
Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by Jediel1(m): 8:31am On Aug 13, 2016
I'm surprised dat d police no use big English take find way to take charge am to court cool cool
Get well mayowa wink wink

3 Likes

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by Sunnycliff(m): 8:32am On Aug 13, 2016
I pray the young woman is healed that's my stake

2 Likes

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by IDmina10: 8:32am On Aug 13, 2016
una don hear...*doubters
Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 13, 2016
Thanks to everyone that made it possible especially toying that brought the case to limelight. May she be healed IJN

3 Likes

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by dayosheedah(f): 8:34am On Aug 13, 2016
Wish her quick recovery
Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by agrovick(m): 8:34am On Aug 13, 2016
Let's hope she makes a quick and permanent recovery
Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by LordVoldemort(m): 8:35am On Aug 13, 2016
From Emory Hospital in Atlanta to dubai back to south Africa. This does not gell at all.

I know for a fact it was a scam

Wish Mayowa all the best

3 Likes

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 13, 2016
I hope Linda will give this news the necessary publicity too.....because that lady never prints anything good. Na bad news she dey sell undecided

8 Likes

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by 9jatatafo(m): 8:36am On Aug 13, 2016
Hmmmm. I just hope this Mayowa survive this cancer. I won't say anything further until I hear she is. Well,
May Almighty God in heal her, Amen
Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by ICanWork: 8:36am On Aug 13, 2016
Linda Ikeji should be arrested lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by Orikinla(m): 8:37am On Aug 13, 2016
PrincessAnna:
Devil is a liar
[size=20pt]You can say that again.
And all liars are children of the devil.
No matter their claims that they are Christians.[/size].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tpBopy8whw

Naija, less noise, more sense!

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by teacherbim(f): 8:38am On Aug 13, 2016
Police will continue to monitor the money closely hmmmm
Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by PrincessAnna: 8:39am On Aug 13, 2016
Orikinla:
[size=20pt]You can say that again.
And all liars are children of the devil.
No matter their claims that they are Christians.[/size].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tpBopy8whw

Naija, less noise, more sense!
Delay is dangerous in this case. May God help her
Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by afroluxpaint: 8:40am On Aug 13, 2016
i doubt if the nigerian police would not have made a demand for certain amount to unfreeze the account. no be today na their way
Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 13, 2016
Police don collect their own grin

1 Like

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by slowbreeze(f): 8:46am On Aug 13, 2016
I always had a deep feeling it wasnt a scam,jst misunderstanding bw the parties involved.Toyin should be appreciated as well cos it was her appeal to a large extent dat helped raise most of d fund needed.
I do wish her well.Its cancer.Even if she doesnt recover fully,some years will be added to her life.unlike in Nigeria where it is a death sentence..I remember a relative given at most 3 months to live in Nigeria.It got to a point she was jst occupying bed space at teaching hospital cos little or nothing was done.Family gathered money and sent her abroad for treatment and she remained with us 3 and1/2 years later b4 death succumbed,bt it was worth it...Wish dem d best!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by okonja(m): 8:48am On Aug 13, 2016
May God be with yiu
Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by ashjay001(m): 8:55am On Aug 13, 2016
Jediel1:
I'm surprised dat d police no use big English take find way to take charge am to court cool cool
Get well mayowa wink wink

U no go kill person! Na part of d chanji be dat: Naija police n money, no dey part ways before!
Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by Abdstrakt(m): 9:07am On Aug 13, 2016
e don do abeg!!! They should fly the girl out already. Haba mana!
Re: No Fraud Case Against #savemayowa, Say Police by blackestboy: 9:10am On Aug 13, 2016
It's obviously a case of poor communication management. I don't think Toyin should be castigated as been hateful, cos she spearheaded the campaign out of love

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Butt Implants Gone Horribly Wrong Pics Discretion Advised / Top 8 Health Benefits Of Orange Seeds / I Can't Sleep Because Of Bed Bugs. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.