Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year (3376 Views)

Poll: Who is Nigeria's Best Player in 2008?

Osaze Odemwinge: 73% (69 votes)
Ikechukwu Uche: 4% (4 votes)
Vincent Enyeama: 5% (5 votes)
None of the above: 17% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Queen Asisat Oshoala Crowned Bbc Women Footballer Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Best Nigerian Footballer of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2009
AIT is holding its First Annual Nigeria football awards later in October. Osaze Odemwingie, Ikechukwu Uche and Vincent Enyeama have been nominated for the 2008 Nigeria footballer of the award.

Let's be pre-emptive: Who do you think is Nigeria's best footballer in 2008?
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2009
I would like Osaze to win. He has been consistent, committed and loyal to Nigeria.
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by Tudor6(f): 5:05am On Sep 26, 2009
If threads on NL are anything to go by, ait is organising a totally useless award ceremony while still owing salaries to its staff?
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by ProAnti: 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2009
Tudór:

If threads on NL are anything to go by, ait is organising a totally useless award ceremony while still owing salaries to its staff?

What has this got to do with this thread?
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by Tudor6(f): 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2009
Don't you see it as irresponsible for a company to owe staff arrears of 4 months salary while hosting an unnecessary award show?
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by sherrylo: 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2009
I think Osaze will win.
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by chosen04(f): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2009
Tudór:

Is it only her staff? Has AIT paid any dividend or given any bonus to her shareholders??. Useless award indeed!!!
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2009
Osaze!

He is committed and skillful.
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by sherrylo: 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2009
It's not a useless award! but maybe the organiser is not that responsible and that doesn't make the award useless.
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by Redman44(m): 5:24pm On Sep 26, 2009
Osaze deserves to win. He is committed and always gives his best everytime. He's also a gifted footballer with pace and vision. I believe he is doing well because he carries a western mentality. He does not think like an average Nigerian player. I just love his style of doing things.
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by muhsin(m): 5:28pm On Sep 26, 2009
Osaze Odemwinge
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 26, 2009
Vincent Eyeama deserves it. Osaz continues to be the same solid player he has been for years, but has he greatly improved like the types of Messi? No.
Eyeama has been developing from time to time, and I bluntly say, he deserves to be in same class with the Petr Cechs of this world.
If a slow motion of the saves Eyeama has made was to ever to unspool, I am sure, it would bury the meager shine of Osaz. Theres a big gap between this too, but Nairalanders seem to measure everything but handsomeness and hair braids grin, or some handful of goals.
I think the Israelis have the midas touch, they have transformed this gentleman to a keeper Nigeria could boast of come rain or sun. The only predicament he faces is the poor D-M, Mikel Obi, and the defense littered with types of the pathetically calamitious J. Yobo & the ever over-lapping T.T.
Vicent all the way. I hope he wins it.
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by utosco(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2009
I agree with aasog grin
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by koolchicco: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2009
I vote 4 Agbomma(Osaze)!
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by koolchicco: 8:08pm On Sep 26, 2009
chosen04:

Is it only her staff? Has AIT paid any dividend or given any bonus to her shareholders??. Useless award indeed!!! shocked shocked

I cant imagine myself buying AIT shares anyway. shocked undecided
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by Rooneyboy(m): 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2009
Did i read that correctly ? Someone actually thinks that Enyama is the rightful person to win the award,and is comparing him with the likes of Chec.Are u aware that the said Enyama was in Bolton 4 trials 2 seasons ago and had a woeful performance. I doubt if u know the person called Chec.
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by Rooneyboy(m): 9:01pm On Sep 26, 2009
Osaze and no 1 else.
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by kshow1(m): 9:47pm On Sep 26, 2009
DO WE HAVE ANY PLAYER THAT DESERVES AN AWARD ?
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by tunyus(m): 9:55pm On Sep 26, 2009
dormant YAR DUA deserve it
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by nguage(m): 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2009
Enyeama, no questions. Israeli footballer of the year, great in goal for Nigeria. 7 years in the national team and still as loyal as a pregnant housewife with 5 kids already. Clean sheets until our last game where he conceded two.

No offence Osaze, but he has been good but nothing near great at Dynamo Moscow.
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by mamagee6(f): 10:06pm On Sep 26, 2009
Osaze Odemwingie because he's cute. cheesy cheesy
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by german007(m): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2009
Osaze Odemwinge. Plays with the passion and pride.
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by init4dmoni(m): 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2009
all nigerian players r bleeped, couldn't win tunisa, fukk!!
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by franctony(m): 11:11pm On Sep 26, 2009
i suggest AIT postpones that award till after the world cup qualifiers. I dont think any of the super eagle players deserve any award if we dont qualify for the first world cup on African soil.

Even AIT doesmt deserve to give that award to start with, due to poor showing of football matches. i also suggest they wait until after the under-17 world cup we are hosting before approving them to give out such a sensitive award
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by dipo2much(m): 12:05am On Sep 27, 2009
waste of time. Thats what the award is
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by Builder: 1:32am On Sep 27, 2009
The award should go to amodu for been a consistent loser and a born thwart
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by Eaglebabe: 3:08am On Sep 27, 2009
Who is talking of award here,after their last abysmal disgraceful outing,at the national stadium Abuja?They were unable to defeat Tunisia and somebody wants to give them award.Why don't u give it to Kanu Nwankwo.
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by baekdoosan(m): 4:40am On Sep 27, 2009
none of them deserve to win
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by MannyCEO: 9:50am On Sep 27, 2009
osaze baba
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by german007(m): 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2009
osaze is just tooo much
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by 1forall: 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2009
There's no Nigerian footballer of the year abeg.
Re: AIT Nigerian Footballer Of The Year by saworoide: 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2009
From what we have seen so far this year, there is no need to give any of the eagles' players an award this year. They have all disappointed. However, Osaze may just be the one-eyed man in the land of the blind. If the must give an award, let them give it to Osaze.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sunshine Stars Crash Out Of Champions League! / Odoin Ighalo Lekki Mansion / Ronaldo Plays Football With His Kids, They Do His Free Kick Stance, Fans React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.