Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,196 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (669508 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2016
gentledoj:

How to go about it, what to expect wen d plane land?

lagosismyhome has given you full details, after you modify your post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Femalin: 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2016
@ Walspring I just want to convert my GPA from 2.8 ghana on a 4.0 scale to USA standard
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
lionlee216
Songitto
sobastical
Thanks for the ielts lead.. .a cousin of mine needs 7.0 minimum in all sections and 7.5 overall and has failed to get that 3 times now...hence maybe lesson would help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 10:49pm On Oct 26, 2016
LagosismyHome:
Hello House
Does anyone know of a good Ielts lesson in Nigeria , especially online tutoring
HI, Lagosismyhome. No need to spend money on the hungry lions (tutorials ), I can lend the person my IELTS materials.. Bought them for a $100,used them once.. I will lend the person. If you know the person. No need to sign up for classes. IELTS is a little bit like WAEC, the answers are staring at you. And it's step by step.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 11:19pm On Oct 26, 2016
LagosismyHome:
lionlee216
Songitto
sobastical
Thanks for the ielts lead.. .a cousin of mine needs 7.0 minimum in all sections and 7.5 overall and has failed to get that 3 times now...hence maybe lesson would help

I have a few materials on IELTS that might help but they are really not much. Her best bet would be to visit www.ieltsbuddy.com there are so many resources should could benefit from there. Truth is you don't really need a tutorial for the Exam. Everything can be done virtually. For the speaking, tell her to watch videos on YouTube. There are so many videos on how to ace the speaking test. For the writing, she should go to playstore abi na app store and download ielts app for writing. I can't remember the particular one I used as I have deleted it but she should go with the one with the best reviews and highest rating. She can practice listening on ielts buddy. Com and official British Council website. Ko lo tun ku? Reading.. This involves techniques but I can help with hints.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 11:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
LagosismyHome:
lionlee216
Songitto
sobastical

Lets give the thanks to God, b y mafit offer free lecture on ielts,toefl... I was in their office few days ago to collect my free kaplan toefl text book, then i asked them about the free lectures i saw on their website, i was told lectures is already in progress, if i could join them, but no time...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:05am On Oct 27, 2016
LagosismyHome:
Hello House
Does anyone know of a good Ielts lesson in Nigeria , especially online tutoring

Yes and i am here to tutor anyone online..

Am serious
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:05am On Oct 27, 2016
ken3333:
please must I go to the USA embassy with my marriage photos

Yes since its not heavy to carry

1 Like

Songitto:

I only know about b y mafit at ikeja, their services are good and smooth... I'm not sure if they offer online tutor you can contact them and ask them via their website http://www.gregmattoeflnigeria.com/ieltscentresinnigeria/

Forget those ones and lemme tutor the person
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:06am On Oct 27, 2016
Femalin:
@ Walspring
I just want to convert my GPA from 2.8 ghana on a 4.0 scale to USA standard

is it High school GPA or university GPA?

try this site below;

https://www.wes.org/calculator/igpa.asp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:08am On Oct 27, 2016
Airich01:

I don't mean wrong. . My apologies.

Noted sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:09am On Oct 27, 2016
neurosci:

Hi, how much scholarship/financial aid were you given? I also got admitted to a uni in Ohio, but didn't go 'cos it's 100% scholarship on books, but 20% scholarship on tuition.

nah free books dem give you oooo so dem wan make you pay money come read the free books

The school no try at all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 1:26am On Oct 27, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:35am On Oct 27, 2016
LagosismyHome:
lionlee216
Songitto
sobastical

I guess he was disconnected while doing it, he just need to focus and understand the logic when he missed a step or question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:36am On Oct 27, 2016
neurosci:

I tell you. I was given 500 dollars worth of scholarship per semester on books. And the money cannot be used on any other thing except books. if you dont use it all on books, it wastes.

Operation flew to better school for better scholarship

In Reminisce voice ''Moving on to a greater thing''
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:37am On Oct 27, 2016
To those that sent me pm, i have replied you all except 1 and i will do that later

Sorry for late reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 7:05am On Oct 27, 2016
LagosismyHome:

You dont have to do any preparation. ....where ur stop over .. just follow d signs of people coming out. Usually if u dont have visa for that stop over country then u shouldnt come out of the airport...just walk around in d airport and find something to do while time goes. make sure you note the boarding time of your connecting flight and be infront of the gate in good time so u dont miss the connecting flight....

Its easy , once u there instinct will lead u

Will my time ( wrist watch) frm Nigeria still correct with the boarding time please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:23am On Oct 27, 2016
gentledoj:

Will my time ( wrist watch) frm Nigeria still correct with the boarding time please?

No your time is only correct when you are in nigeria..... any other connecting time , arriving , departing or landing time is based on the time at that particular airport ...... for example if u leave lagos at 1pm then yes thats lagos time and next if your next flight in from Dubai 4pm. then 4pm is Dubai time to arrive newyork 9am that means the plane lands at 9am newyork time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ridsan4real(m): 7:35am On Oct 27, 2016
Hello folks! please how do u guys choose schools which are far from major cities? for e.g schools in kansas, missouri, Kentucky, Connecticut are far from New York, Washington, Atlanta, Houston in which there is direct flight from Nigeria? do u join domestic flight or bus to ur destination on arrival in US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:38am On Oct 27, 2016
ridsan4real:
Hello folks! please how do u guys choose schools which are far from major cities? for e.g schools in kansas, missouri, Kentucky, Connecticut are far from New York, Washington, Atlanta, Houston in which there is direct flight from Nigeria? do u join domestic flight or bus to ur destination on arrival in US ?

@bold..... YES
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 7:39am On Oct 27, 2016
LagosismyHome:

No your time is only correct when you are in nigeria..... any other connecting time , arriving , departing or landing time is based on the time at that particular airport ...... for example if u leave lagos at 1pm then yes thats lagos time and next if your next flight in from Dubai 4pm. then 4pm is Dubai time to arrive newyork 9am that means the plane lands at 9am newyork time

Ok

Where to check the time at the next air port please?

And how to locate the boarding gate u are talking abt?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:43am On Oct 27, 2016
gentledoj:

Ok

Where to check the time at the next air port please?

U can ask or there usually free Internet at some airport so u can check google or you can plan ahead. .. note what the key times u need and convert it to Nigeria time and note it but surely u should be able to ask someone what the time is....also if u look at the board that has various flight information/ gates numbers usually there is a time on it that is reflective of the local time of that particular airport

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 7:53am On Oct 27, 2016
LagosismyHome:

U can ask or there usually free Internet at some airport so u can check google or you can plan ahead. .. note what the key times u need and convert it to Nigeria time and note it but surely u should be able to ask someone what the time is....also if u look at the board that has various flight information/ gates numbers usually there is a time on it that is reflective of the local time of that particular airport

Please, wen d plane land! Will I work into the arrival Hall or wat?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 27, 2016
How does a Nigerian licensed Pharmacist practise in the US?
I've heard my Bachelor of Pharmacy don't earn me a Pharmacy job in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Femalin: 8:10am On Oct 27, 2016
@ WAlspring
it is university GPA and Ghana is not there in d Wes gp calculator when I was trying to do it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 8:10am On Oct 27, 2016
ridsan4real:
Hello folks! please how do u guys choose schools which are far from major cities? for e.g schools in kansas, missouri, Kentucky, Connecticut are far from New York, Washington, Atlanta, Houston in which there is direct flight from Nigeria? do u join domestic flight or bus to ur destination on arrival in US?

Transport in USA. is very easy and safe.
Interconnecting flights between towns are quick but expensive.
There are railways.
Also Greyhound and local buses.
All simple and safe to use.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Femalin: 8:14am On Oct 27, 2016
@walspring
it is university GPA and Ghana is not there in d Wes gp calculator when I was trying to do it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 8:16am On Oct 27, 2016
has anyone paid visa fee online as a Gtbank user ? queue is crazy n I've d option of paying online , want to b sure how it works ? Plss who has tried it before
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ridsan4real(m): 8:35am On Oct 27, 2016
Hello folk. is there any fully funded k-state university student here? are u fully funded and what does it cover? thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:39am On Oct 27, 2016
gentledoj:

Please, wen d plane land! Will I work into the arrival Hall or wat?

On your boarding paper /pass d airline gives when u check in would be the boarding gate no And boarding time or in some cases d no wont be out ontime so u would be told to look at the board to get your boarding gate ....i am.talking of your connecting flight. So your boarding gate is the area of an airport where passenger for that particular flight would wait and also enter the plane from.... most airports are big so u need to know where in d airport they will lead u into the plane . That called a boarding gate and be there on time as well because after some time boarding closes

Regarding into arrival hall i dont know if u mean in relation to your connecting flight or your final direction. however its easy , u see what others are doing just observe and follow. .....even if u are doing it wrong someone will correct u... JJC is ok too no problem. .... alsoask any airport staff for clarification. They are usually helpful

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sholly91(m): 8:40am On Oct 27, 2016
Visa approved this morning at the Lagos embassy. I have been a silent follower of this thread, I must I gained a lot...knowledge is power. Me.....Good morning Ma. Vo...Good morning pass me your documents. Vo....why are you going to the US. Me.....am going to the US for masters in health sciences. Vo....how many schools did you apply to? Me.....3. Vo Name then? Western Illinois university, western Virginia and wright state uni(na only 2 Sch I apply for sha). Why western Illinois university? I found an ongoing research at the department of Heath with aligns with my area of interest. So tell me what is health sciences? Health sciences is an interdisciplinary field that centers on promoting quality lifestyle and diseases reduction. Vo..so tell me about your research interest... me..it is actually HPV(human papilloma virus)this virus is known to be cause of major cancers; especially cervical cancer. Vo...Are you coming back or staying back in the US to continue your research...I am coming to Nigeria, at this time HPV awareness in Nigeria still very low, even recently American association of clinical gynecologist recommend HPV screening as the primary screening for cervical cancer. Vo....did you take jamb. Me.....jamb, I am going for a masters degree. Vo....who is sponsoring you. Me.....my aunt and her husband. Vo.....what does she do. Me...she is into oil and gas...she has filling stations and cooking gas plant within Lagos...showed her bank statement and fixed deposit funds. What does your parent do? My dad is an hotelier while my mum sells sugar, rice and wheat in wholesale scale. Congratulations ..I will be approving ur visa. I didn't hear any single thing after this. Thanks @warriboy for helping out with my SEVIS fee....I wasn't coherent with my response at the beginning but after a while I gained my confidence back..

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 9:28am On Oct 27, 2016
Sholly91 congrats and God bless your new Journey

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (405)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.