Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,597 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (669595 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mcearnie: 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I usually pefer honesty and constituency which reduces your worry...

however back to the topic. , interview is less than 5 mins or 2 mins self so which time will Vo have to be googling such . also loads of people have same name so even if your name it is possible someone else is bearing d same name. it happens in Nigeria even in the USA...... i had two classmates with same first name , middle name and surname. .. it almost impossible but i actually did have two classmates like that .
Thanks alot. This really helps.

Yea, not trying to lie but to avoid too many questions ni o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by 9jaRising: 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
Ogun state
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by 9jaRising: 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
HELLO HOUSE, ON THE APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION PAGE IT ONLY CARRY THE FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME, NOT INCLUDING THE MIDDLE NAME, WILL THAT CAUSE A PROBLEM AT THE EMBASSY AND I CANCEL APPOINTMENT BECAUSE OF THAT I HOPE THE VISA FEE CAN STILL BE USE AND WHAT CAN I DO TO CORRECT THAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
OluDare01:
In July, I can't wait to leave Nigeria.
In October, I can't wait for the semester to end.

In ...,I can't wait to graduate and get a job
In ....,I can't wait to get my papers
In...., I can't wait to make some millions/start some big business
etc

The list is endless smiley

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by 9jaRising: 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
9jaRising:
HELLO HOUSE, ON THE APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION PAGE IT ONLY CARRY THE FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME, NOT INCLUDING THE MIDDLE NAME, WILL THAT CAUSE A PROBLEM AT THE EMBASSY AND I CANCEL APPOINTMENT BECAUSE OF THAT I HOPE THE VISA FEE CAN STILL BE USE AND WHAT CAN I DO TO CORRECT THAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
I'm glad that I have some time to comment here today. What's good with everyone?

@ threadmates, what's the best for international calls now? Boss Revolution is acting up. Don't ask me to start reading from part 1

@dramaka, Voip sounds crude.

@thread regulars, nice to see your tireless contributions.

@uncountable PMs, I'm sorry I don't have any spare time. I'm hoping for a better day soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
imperiouxx:
I'm glad that I have some time to comment here today. What's good with everyone?

@ threadmates, what's the best for international calls now? Boss Revolution is acting up. Don't ask me to start reading from part 1

@uncountable PMs, I'm sorry I don't have any spare time. I'm hoping for a better day soon.

They have all gone up a lot ..... international calls into Nigeria the goverment put up a significant increase recently . This Buhari self angry or who soever is incharge of telecommunications
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 27, 2016
imperiouxx:

amantel or raza

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
gentledoj:

Longest time!!!

I no see ur break light again........
Lol.
You go soon understand.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 10:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
@lagsmacrib
@walspring
Pls kindly check your e-pigeonhole...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 11:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
biikeys:

In ...,I can't wait to graduate and get a job
In ....,I can't wait to get my papers
In...., I can't wait to make some millions/start some big business
etc

The list is endless smiley
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by PerfectGentuman: 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2016
On a scale of 4.00. Thanks a lot, this is really helpful
neurosci:

3.85 on a scale of what? You'll get a full ride for your first year at Berea College, and a full tuition subsequently.

However, try out New York University, Abu Dhabi. You'll get a full scholarship on tuition, accomodation, feeding, books, flight expenses to visit at least one country in each continent, stipend, flight expenses to and from your country twice a year. No kidding, but highly competitive!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 28, 2016
LagosismyHome:

They have all gone up a lot ..... international calls into Nigeria the goverment put up a significant increase recently . This Buhari self angry or who soever is incharge of telecommunications
Buhari has a very good plan for Nigeria but the problem here is, the past administration messed up the whole place before leaving.

Blaming this man everyday cannot solve any problem. At least, stealing has been controlled for now. It's no longer rob Peter to pay Paul.

Nigeria will bounce back if only everybody could make it happen. The Chinese experienced the same thing but look at where they are today. It's all about working together to make the country great again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dramaka(m): 4:09am On Oct 28, 2016
imperiouxx:

Ahn Ahn! I have trashed this issue of making international calls, I don't know why there's still a debate on this. I'm seeing several people giving their own preferred option. Listen up! None of those options beat SKYPE, case closed. I'm tired of visiting the websites and checking the rates therein. You're making me sound like a SKYPE ambassador (Dear Skype/Microsoft, I really don't mind sha o grin )

Or which one of them is offering 300 minutes for $7 (ie. 2.33cents per minute)?

The only next contender is Google Hangouts. All my Indian pals here told me about it as they use Hangouts to call India at 1 cent per minute. I think for Nigeria, it's about the same with Skype.

See previous posts on the matter:

If I might add (don't wanna leave out the fun part): If you can spare an extra $8 and pay $15 per month, you get unlimited calls/minutes to mobiles and landlines in Nigeria. You talk till you drop! Again, the party in Nigeria need not have internet access or a Skype account; a Nokia 3310 will do just fine.

Buy subscription on Skype, $7 per month for 300 minutes (Voice call clarity and quality is good, I think it's a good deal, I've abandoned HotVoip) to Mobiles and Landlines in Nigeria. The other party in Nigeria doesn't need to have a Skype account.
[i][/i]

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 6:38am On Oct 28, 2016
But nigeria isn't on the list of countries when I checked on Skype...
dramaka:

Ahn Ahn! I have trashed this issue of making international calls, I don't know why there's still a debate on this. I'm seeing several people giving their own preferred option. Listen up! None of those options beat SKYPE, case closed. I'm tired of visiting the websites and checking the rates therein. You're making me sound like a SKYPE ambassador (Dear Skype/Microsoft, I really don't mind sha o grin )

The only next contender is Google Hangouts. All my Indian pals here told me about it as they use Hangouts to call India at 1 cent per minute. I think for Nigeria, it's about the same with Skype.

If I might add (don't wanna leave out the fun part): If you can spare an extra $8 and pay $15 per month, you get unlimited calls/minutes to mobiles and landlines in Nigeria. You talk till you drop! Again, the party in Nigeria need not have internet access or a Skype account; a Nokia 3310 will do just fine.

Buy subscription on Skype, $7 per month for 300 minutes (Voice call clarity and quality is good, I think it's a good deal, I've abandoned HotVoip) to Mobiles and Landlines in Nigeria. The other party in Nigeria doesn't need to have a Skype account.
[i][/i]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 7:01am On Oct 28, 2016
OluDare01:

Lol.
You go soon understand.

Hmmmmmm

All is well !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 8:28am On Oct 28, 2016
eniolagharxe:
But nigeria isn't on the list of countries when I checked on Skype...

Why all this use of money? Why not use whatsapp? You can call with it plus you won't use up to 60mb in 2hours... All the way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 8:32am On Oct 28, 2016
Guys please help o.. What is the size of the picture I'm meant to use on my ds160?? Is it the normal ID Card size or is it.. 5cm by 5cm....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 8:44am On Oct 28, 2016
Airich01:
Guys please help o.. What is the size of the picture I'm meant to use on my ds160?? Is it the normal ID Card size or is it.. 5cm by 5cm....

5 by 5cm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 8:49am On Oct 28, 2016
Thanks brother.. You got your visa already right? I will add one more prayer for you... You will have a very good flight and you'll get there safe... Good luck man.!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ononi123: 8:50am On Oct 28, 2016
Hello house i a silent follower of this trade.....

I was denied on tuesday....i got admission to study an associate degree in nursing in a community college in Maryland in August this year but i have a BSc in Human physiology so VO said why go for an associate degree when you have a Bsc already? i wanted to defend it....he just handed me the pink leaflet...you are not qualified at this but you may wish to try again when your reason for applying changes.

I want to ask...how long is the waiting time before re-applying?
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 8:51am On Oct 28, 2016
Nigerian data connection isn't that reliable as the receiver would have to be a whatsapp user...
Airich01:

Why all this use of money? Why not use whatsapp? You can call with it plus you won't use up to 60mb in 2hours... All the way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 8:54am On Oct 28, 2016
Bro,na 4.5cent per minute o
dramaka:

[i][/i]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ahahnow: 9:01am On Oct 28, 2016
Hello all,

How do I pay for my $250 gmat exam in Nigeria? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:07am On Oct 28, 2016
Ononi123:
Hello house i a silent follower of this trade.....

I was denied on tuesday....i got admission to study an associate degree in nursing in a community college in Maryland in August this year but i have a BSc in Human physiology so VO said why go for an associate degree when you have a Bsc already? i wanted to defend it....he just handed me the pink leaflet...you are not qualified at this but you may wish to try again when your reason for applying changes.

I want to ask...how long is the waiting time before re-applying?
Thank you.

Sorry for your delay

You can apply next day ....but thats not the main issue . defending the above is very difficult so becareful even if u apply again and that still becomes an issue then u are just dashing them visa fee .....blc if u look at it wellhow can u go from Bsc to associate that moving backwards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ridsan4real(m): 9:46am On Oct 28, 2016
Hello,
I'm willing to apply for Phd program in animal science but due to lack of funds, I will be applying and seeking for graduate assistantship or fellowship that will cover tuition, stipend, health insurance e.t.c. As an admission criteria, prospective candidate needs proof of funds or certificate of financial responsibility. Do I also need It before being considered for admission, GA/fellowship and I-20? Kindly elaborate more. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ridsan4real(m): 9:51am On Oct 28, 2016
Hello folks. please I'm considering applying for Graduate assistant (with full tuition waiver and stipends) for US schools but I saw proof of funds...despite seeking for fully funded assistantship...what does that mean?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Governoryomi: 10:36am On Oct 28, 2016
In as much as i wouldn't want to derail the purpose of this thread, i will also not shy away from quickly reacting to your post.
We all have to be frank here, governance is continuum, you inherit both the assets and liabilities. You need not to throw blames at anyone, if you are sincere, have your plans and also up to the task. This govt hasn't been encouraging, lack focus and experienced managers. Fortunately, the govt inherited more of assets that could be easily capitalised and consolidated upon for our national progress, than liabilities, from the immediate past administration. But the govt seems to be only interested in the assets, while they quickly do away with the liabilities by throwing unnecessary jabs at past administration.
This administration from all indications, doesn't have the masses at heart, its all about victimisation and hunting of shadows.
Unfortunately what we are presently witnessing in the country in the political and administrative strata is all a game plan of 2019. The El-rufai, Amaechi, Fashola, Fayemi, Amosun, Mamman Daura, et al have formed another cabal, gotten hold of the govt from Buhari who has since lost being in charge, the reason an Aisha cried out recently. All in the bid to spoil the Fulani's man administration, make him worthless and unelectable by 2019 (if he eyes it by then), as El-rufai/Amaechi presidential ambition for 2019 is the major cause of our woes in the country at the moment. You can doubt this, but past events and future events will keep justifying it.

All be it, its not an unfamiliar political terrain. God will rise up at the right time to deliver us.

DeeTus:
Buhari has a very good plan for Nigeria but the problem here is, the past administration messed up the whole place before leaving.

Blaming this man everyday cannot solve any problem. At least, stealing has been controlled for now. It's no longer rob Peter to pay Paul.

Nigeria will bounce back if only everybody could make it happen. The Chinese experienced the same thing but look at where they are today. It's all about working together to make the country great again.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 10:37am On Oct 28, 2016
Please house, how can I research about professors and their researches that relates to my course as an international student in the school...thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 28, 2016
eniolagharxe:
Nigerian data connection isn't that reliable as the receiver would have to be a whatsapp user...

Depends on your service provider. My Whatsapp call works fine like 90% of the time.
I don't understand why everyone is talking about paying.
Or is there something I'm missing out.
Please enlighten me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (405)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.