Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (670424 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 24, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by elkiddo: 12:27am On Sep 24, 2016
KPhantom:

congrats.. So no test score was asked.

nope no test score o

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by daaz001: 1:24am On Sep 24, 2016
Good morning house,

Please I want to know if it's possible for someone who his Uncle or relative had filed a immigrant visa for but has not been called for interview to still apply for a B1/B2 or F1 Visa category and still be granted visa.

A friend asked me but I wasn't so sure but my answer was Yes...

Please how possible is it?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SilentPistol: 2:11am On Sep 24, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by macsilver(m): 3:05am On Sep 24, 2016
I recently completed my degree in University of Ilorin (B.A. hons. English ) and I want to further my education by going for my Masters in Internatiinal relations in Texas. I honestly don't know where to start from. Should I apply In the school first before applying for visa?
You need to understand that I am a total learner. I know nothing about this and I need someone to put me through. God bless

There are many like me who need help but don't know how to ask. They just come, read and press 'next'. This thread would definitely help them also! Pls pls pls someone help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 4:34am On Sep 24, 2016
macsilver:
Damn I took my time to read (almost) every part of this thread (from part 1) and I have this to say; you guys are amazing. I never believed my own turn to ask questions would also come. But please I need this hike favor from anyone here. I recently completed my degree in University of Ilorin (B.A. hons. English ) and I want to further my education by going for my Masters in Internatiinal relations in Texas. I honestly don't know where to start from. Should I apply In the school first before applying for visa?
You need to understand that I am a total learner. I know nothing about this and I need someone to put me through. God bless

There are many like me who need help but don't know how to ask. They just come, read and press 'next'. This thread would definitely help them also! Pls pls pls someone help

Naturally, you have to have admission first before going to show the embassy the reason you are going to the US. The admission plus I -20 form give you the qualification to seek for F1 visa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 4:38am On Sep 24, 2016
daaz001:
Good morning house,

Please I want to know if it's possible for someone who his Uncle or relative had filed a immigrant visa for but has not been called for interview to still apply for a B1/B2 or F1 Visa category and still be granted visa.

Thanks

B1/B2 is not a no no because the embassy will believe he has the intention to stay without returning since he has once shown interest in immigrant visa.

For F1 visa, I do not see a problem in sight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 4:41am On Sep 24, 2016
D5000y:
Kudos to everyone in the house!

I just completed my Masters (MSc) under the World Bank Africa Postgraduate Scholarship with specialization in Hydrology (water) & Climate Change; especially modeling groundwater flow and climate models, and would like to proceed on PhD.

Please any advice on likely scholarships? I am not avased to any geographic location.

Thank you

There is a world Bank scholarship supported by Japanese govt you should look at for. You can go browse it out now. It shout be out by Feb
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 24, 2016
daaz001:
Good morning house,

Thanks

Very, very possible. A friend of mine was granted a visa couple of days ago.

Your friend in context needs a lot of information to stand a chance. Maybe you can bring him here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ponpon(m): 7:24am On Sep 24, 2016
D5000y:
Kudos to everyone in the house!

I just completed my Masters (MSc) under the World Bank Africa Postgraduate Scholarship with specialization in Hydrology (water) & Climate Change; especially modeling groundwater flow and climate models, and would like to proceed on PhD.

Please any advice on likely scholarships? I am not avased to any geographic location.

Thank you

Which school boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 7:50am On Sep 24, 2016
macsilver:
Damn I took my time to read (almost) every part of this thread (from part 1) and I have this to say; you guys are amazing. I never believed my own turn to ask questions would also come. But please I need this hike favor from anyone here. I recently completed my degree in University of Ilorin (B.A. hons. English ) and I want to further my education by going for my Masters in Internatiinal relations in Texas. I honestly don't know where to start from. Should I apply In the school first before applying for visa?
You need to understand that I am a total learner
. I know nothing about this and I need someone to put me through. God bless

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by almeida3: 7:56am On Sep 24, 2016
OluDare01:

grin grin grin
Shoot me!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:07am On Sep 24, 2016
almeida3:

Shoot me!
Shoot?
I am not in North Carolina or Tusla shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 8:24am On Sep 24, 2016
Hello house good morning to you all, just for clarification purpose, is it possible to gain admission and get visa to travel to Troy uni @alaba state and book a flight to NewYork to visit your uncle before resumption..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 8:28am On Sep 24, 2016
Also, when one have his i-20 form ready and given sevis no, what are the other things that requires payment aside from visa fee and how much is it?? I am asking this because I have gotten my i-20 form ready, I do hear of ds160 form do they pay for it?, also sevis fee as the name implies requires a fee pls how much is it??
Thanks as you respond!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ipledge01: 8:45am On Sep 24, 2016
OluDare01:

Shoot?
Boss I sent a pm, still waiting for your reply. Epp your boy biko. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:53am On Sep 24, 2016
ipledge01:

Boss I sent a pm, still waiting for your reply. Epp your boy biko. wink
I don't have access to my NL mail for now.
Sorry about that.
Can you ask your questions here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by almeida3: 10:13am On Sep 24, 2016
OluDare01:

Shoot?
grin but you are in Amelika na! I heard all of you have guns!
Lol after reading from part 1 ooo! I can't take this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:33am On Sep 24, 2016
macsilver:

No offense but i am going to yab you anway so no vex ....so u read from part 1 reach here part 10 and u ask this question in bold ...

This one na F9 style reading ooo. ... wink wink

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
Which sch can i apply to covert my HND to BSC in mechanical engineering.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2016
ponpon:

Which school boss
I'm not avased to any university in Europe and North America.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2016
Mayflowa:

There is a world Bank scholarship supported by Japanese govt you should look at for. You can go browse it out now. It shout be out by Feb
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
Good day my people,
I am applying for a masters degree in animal science for next fall and after about 5 months of research I came up with these schools:
1. University of Idaho
2. SDSU
3. NDSU
4. FIU
(note: they all don't require GRE for my program)
Please advice me on the one that offers the best funding, work opportunities, etc for international students.
@Lagosismyhome and the other gurus in the house, tanx for always being there.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hushee:
Good day my people,
I am applying for a masters degree in animal science for next fall and after about 5 months of research I came up with these schools:
1. University of Idaho
2. SDSU
3. NDSU
4. FIU
(note: they all don't require GRE for my program)
Please advice me on the one that offers the best funding, work opportunities, etc for international students.
@Lagosismyhome and the other gurus in the house, tanx for always being there.

If u are looking for funding ....then GRE oooo,read very well for it and then it opens up your choices and funding

If u no need funding then carry go .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 1:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
LagosismyHome:

If u are looking for funding ....then GRE oooo,read very well for it and then it opens up your choices and funding

If u no need funding then carry go .

Thanks so much ma, so is it that they wouldn't be able to offer funding or GA although GRE isn't required for admission?
Please I really need explanation on this cos I'm sumhow confused, I don't really have much for now to consider GRE. I only registered for TOEFL.
Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 2:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
almeida3:

grin but you are in Amelika na! I heard all of you have guns!
Lol after reading from part 1 ooo! I can't take this
You saw what I saw
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hushee:

Thanks so much ma, so is it that they wouldn't be able to offer funding or GA although GRE isn't required for admission?
Please I really need explanation on this cos I'm sumhow confused, I don't really have much for now to consider GRE. I only registered for TOEFL.
Thanks in advance.

If anything its the GRE u for first hustle write and not TOEFL.. i am about to drive now so cant type but hopefully our Nl can throw in some feedback

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
LagosismyHome:

If anything its the GRE u for first hustle write and not TOEFL.. i am about to drive now so cant type but hopefully our Nl can throw in some feedback
Thanks so much ma, I'll wait for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
MECHANICALENG:
Also, when one have his i-20 form ready and given sevis no, what are the other things that requires payment aside from visa fee and how much is it?? I am asking this because I have gotten my i-20 form ready, I do hear of ds160 form do they pay for it?, also sevis fee as the name implies requires a fee pls how much is it??
Thanks as you respond!

Sevis fee is $200, Ds-160 is also attached to the visa appointment fee which you will pay at gtbank to book for your visa interview as they will use the code in your confirmation page from Ds-160 to procecess the payment,you don't pay for Ds-160 you only need to pay for visa fee which is 53kplus now, you can go through this link to read more about it http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-ds160complete.html

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:31am On Sep 25, 2016
mrsmith11:

I have the option to go for Bsc (6 semesters ) after completion of the 2yrs program

My concern is how to get scholarship to ease the tution fees for the 2yrs program though I have the tution fees but the living expenses for a year is my concern because my acct no carry am

Do you have your visa already?

If not Are you going for your visa interview with the 2 years program ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:31am On Sep 25, 2016
MECHANICALENG:
thank you sir!

Let's give the thanks to God

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.