Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know (81674 Views)

Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know / Photos From Idoma International Carnival 2017 / Beautiful Idoma Brides In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by onward4life(m): 4:24pm On Aug 13, 2016
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by princee7(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
all these for idoma gals way no fine n way no get swag......#smh
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by SirAweezy(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
Senior99:
Wow so interesting about the culture.,...But pple used to said idomas like drinks very well on occasions even burial.... undecided

Yeeee! Egbami ***faints****

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by SirAweezy(m): 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
[quote author=SirAweezy post=48451590]

They are nice people though!!! But the fear of "Aleku the gods" is the beginning of wisdom lol

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by cocoberry(f): 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
It's been abolished, nullify, cancelled, annihilated, obliterated, extinguished; exterminated, extirpated, eliminate, eradicated. Don't know for other parts of Idoma, but in Owukpa town, she can be buried in her husband's house.

toye440:
unfortunately our writer left out important details, like wen she's dies, guy na den u go know say no b ur property na borrow dem borrow u to kip ur joystick busy. The family will insist on burying her in her place of origin, den d uncles go show say make u marry her now as in pay some money, in fact it can b as bad as asking dat u make love to d dead.
pls liv idoma girls for idoma guys or else u will learn from experience. Even igala too r guilty of that archaic practice. if u doubt me well pls conduct an intensive research on them
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by BABANGBALI: 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
Idoma girls sabi fok walahi
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by MEILYN(m): 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
frozenSun:
return the corpse when she dies as she must not be buried outside..... na wah
Same for Igala people... You must return the corpse of the woman.
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by Raphafire101: 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
PAPI4LYF:
first time tu comment idoma Pple look @ their ugly face
Y are u pained They are ugly ryt?? Good, go ask God y he created them that way....show us ur tribal girls if u are proud of them..

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by MEILYN(m): 4:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
Zenas212:
Who says Idomas' and Igalas' are not Biafrans. Divide and rule has expiry date. Did anyone see kola nut and other items listed there? If your mother ties a two piece wrapper, know ye that you are Biafran. God bless Nnamdi Kanu and Biafra land.
The Igalas can't do anything without Kola nut. They can even cancel a meeting if Kola nut is not present..

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by MEILYN(m): 4:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
Philinho:
Idoma women don't cheat on their husbands: death is the punishment , and if your wife cheats and you're aware but keep mute, you'll die in her stead. Abortion is forbidden etc
Same with Igala
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by Adesiji77: 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
I sight you @cocoberry wink
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by Raphafire101: 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
Zenas212:
Who says Idomas' and Igalas' are not Biafrans. Divide and rule has expiry date. Did anyone see kola nut and other items listed there? If your mother ties a two piece wrapper, know ye that you are Biafran. God bless Nnamdi Kanu and Biafra land.
Lol....asin eh, the two wrapper stuff is so so true, Idoma and Igbo women no take that one joke at all
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by BABANGBALI: 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
Senior99:
..But pple used to said idomas ... undecided
lala take cover. Some has planted bomb here on nairaland
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by BABANGBALI: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
Philinho:
Idoma women don't cheat on their husbands:
liar Dat one na big lie

3 Likes

Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by LorDBolton(m): 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2016
When did beads enter idoma tradition?
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by mrmatt(m): 4:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
Nice one. I rep Idoma now and forever.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by frozenSun(m): 4:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
kulikuli45:

Yes o. Back in the days, when a man dies, some people will bury his wife along with him.
So we want our daughter's body back to avoid such occurence.

so if the woman dies. she should be taken back to her father's house so as to avoid being buried with her husband when he dies or ....... what exactly are you saying ?
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by kossyablaze(m): 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
Lukmann1:
why are you now telled us. nothing speciality in them so i will passed. them is not even so more too pretty a lot at all. embarassed
ur English eh... LadyF c am o
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by Awoofawo(m): 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
MrPresident1:
Strength and endurance training are also very essential before you marry an idoma babe.

I hear Idoma babes are all tigresses grin

Lol, you sabi am, and they not alway loyal espcially during courtship......myExp cool
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by Awoofawo(m): 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
BABANGBALI:
liar Dat one na big lie

No mind am, Idoma that I dey live with for my compound. Ati kekere ni won ti kose (their girls) cool
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2016
PAPI4LYF:
first time tu comment idoma Pple look @ their ugly face
Abeg put ur worwor pishure make we see if u worth any of those gals.....#shikena

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by Awoofawo(m): 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
MEILYN:
Same with Igala
lienus the great well done
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by Raphafire101: 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
JohnieWalker:
I can never marry from Idoma, kogi, benue even if they do marry one get 3 free I will pass gladly
Who beg u to marry from the places u just mentioned? Without u our girls are happily getting married every weekend, so just bounce....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by Akjr(m): 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
am idoma bt I dnt want to marry dr gyals :Pam idoma bt I dnt want to marry dr gyals
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by otswag(m): 5:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
i've lived in benue for 3 n half years now. 3years out of this was in idoma land, otukpa precisely. I can say the idoma people are one of d most accommodating ethnic groups in nigeria. Very wonderful set of people. Some parts have certain cultural beliefs I don't agree with e.g aleku but in all, I enjoyed my time over there. However, lemme point out that in that bride price list, THEY DO NOT JOKE WITH PALMWINE AND BEER.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2016
OK. Lemme goan buy condom first.
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by SlimHan(f): 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2016
zadok60 is needed on this thread smiley
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by xreal: 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2016
Tuface saw his better-half in Eket, and went there instead.

nferna ebagha
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by Abagworo(m): 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2016
I see no difference between this marriage and Igbo or upland Rivers marriage.
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by mhisbliss(f): 5:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
undecided I'm an idoma woman but i dont know any of this op nice one
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by toye440: 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
cocoberry:
It's been abolished, nullify, cancelled, annihilated, obliterated, extinguished; exterminated, extirpated, eliminate, eradicated. Don't know for other parts of Idoma, but in Owukpa town, she can be buried in her husband's house
sorry mate I speak of a recent tale, one of wch was my uncle, another a friend, and dis led me to a conclusion, its better u stick to d culture u know, changing to another may not b friendly.
Re: Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know by JohnieWalker(m): 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2016
Raphafire101:

Who beg u to marry from the places u just mentioned? Without u our girls are happily getting married every weekend, so just bounce....
Wats my biz with whether they are getting married or not. Bro its my opinion not urs and don't mention me again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Names Of Animals,insects And Birds In Hausa. / Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife / Late Alaafin’s Wives Show Off New Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.