Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,871 members, 7,806,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) (44010 Views)

Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo / Africa's Fastest Trains Set To Be Shipped To Nigeria After Being Inspected. PICS / Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by seangy4konji: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2016
What was he looking for up and down

Are there some rat serif his bumbum in Spain?

Trouble sit down and yanga carry lantern go wake am.
Your case is sorry oooo
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 14, 2016
justwise:

I will advice anybody I know to do the opposite because investment in Nigeria is not secured and will only expose your loved ones to kidnappers.

The problem with some Nigerians like you is that you love playing the race card and refused to call a spade a spade.

You live and work in Spain but want to claim benefits in Switzerland? Who's money? Did he work and pay into Swiss system?

Some Nigerians enjoy abusing any system given the opportunity.

Sire! I know the weight of his crime smiley, from his current situation judging him is the last thing I would do. As a family guy, he is a hustler, except you have a very good job in Europe, you will hustle all your stay. No fun at all, therefore I don't blame him at all.

Still on the advise, assuming he was able to invest, saved a lot of cash back home, he wouldn't be this devastated.

I don't know why you choose the reverse, so you're very OK with the fact that, his hard earned money, personal belongings all gone?
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by stevedre: 9:24am On Aug 14, 2016
officialgeorge:
.omo dis story is not straight.. .i smell lies ...it does not jux connect...dey cant jux detain u fr no reason..dy must have found sometin implicating on u sir

My brother the story may sound like a lie but Nigerians are not respected abroad and I have witnessed worse scenes happening to Nigerians due to our useless embassies abroad. Sometimes when u date a white girl and she cheats, u must pack to another city before breaking up with her cuz she will set u up and their racist people will join her to make life miserable for the Nigerian.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by timmy(m): 9:56am On Aug 14, 2016
I don't know of anyone mentioned it before. But I think it's his fault. He over stayed his first stay in Swiss. 5 months instead of 3 and probably even tried to get a job which violated the EU rules.

I potty him, but we should all be aware that these countries aren't like Nigeria, they keep records.

My humble opinion sha. And sadly, he might not be able to recover from this. I'd advice, rather than start being depressed, he should look at creating shopping carts in Nigeria, lots of malls are coming up, his experience can become useful.

1 Like

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by sleek0509: 9:56am On Aug 14, 2016
bigtt76:
How can you be a permanent resident of a country and not hold their passport?

Holding a permanent residence card is different from being a citizen, thus holding their passport. In Spain, for instance, you get permanent residency after having lived legally for 5 years then after 10 years of legal residence, you are eligible to apply for citizenship thus becoming their citizen and thereby getting their passport.

NOTE you have to apply after the 10 years and also have a clean record for it to be approved.

So this guy was already eligible to apply for his Spanish nationality. He should have just waited, with the passport he can then go to Switzerland legally to work and then be able to claim benefits legally.

1 Like

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 14, 2016
bee444:
Let's get one thing straight, shall we? You're living in Spain, and went to Switzerland to claim benefit if I get you right! OK. As a professional individual with vast experience in immigration matters, you have committed fraud.
Now listen, A Spanish citizen can go to any EU country and claim benefit, no crime in that. A permanent resident of Spain have no right whatsoever to do same. A permanent resident can only claim benefit in a country where that PR was issued.

His crime are in two folds..

A. He claimed benefit in Switzerland
B. He claimed benefit whilst still working in Spain.

He was badly misinformed by his friend about the procedure of getting benefit in another EU country without being a citizen of Spain. Though technically, Switzerland is not a member of the EU, but they've inculcated most of EU laws into their own system. They have Free trade with EU and do most things together.

He got greedy just like most of them. Spanish authority won't issue him another visa because they work hand in hand with other EU countries.

Welcome to Nigeria. Malaysia I'm sure would be on your mind now...if so, death warrant is already issued.

And why travel to Switzerland with just few weeks to you applying for citizenship? That shows you knew what you were doing. You want to play the system. Greediness killed you bro.

Hope you get a second chance in life. Sh*t happens
every thing you have articulated is true, except the malaysia bit there was no need to rub that in sarcastically i guess, dude have been through hard times already, if he had children i mean with a spanish woman his children would been spanish born citizens thus would have given him a maximum chance of returning to spain regardless of his crimes, i am sure you know what i am talking about. It was easy to deport him because he had no ties (families and reponsibilities) in spain.

1 Like

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by jantavanta(m): 10:08am On Aug 14, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

Remain in Nigeria and deal with your self esteem problem.

Being in my own country does not bring me down. We have been miseducated about who we are in this world.

My country is the origin of Creation & Development, and therefore I need not acquire money to go and claim social benefits elsewhere, in lands recently populated by descendants of Dravidian Albinos, who many of us worship on Fridays and Sundays.

Remain in the Ice-cold weather. Make sure you pay your heating bills. But do not return to pontificate White Supremacy after interacting with those rif-raffs who come as 'expatriate', while you are there as 'immigrant'.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by bigtt76(f): 10:48am On Aug 14, 2016
Thank you jaaaare! Looks like he just learnt a new English word and he's over the world about it angry

justwise:

Please there is no need for that

Bandeco:

My brother abeg I no understand you oo..
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by justwise(m): 10:52am On Aug 14, 2016
Iefosa:

Sire! I know the weight of his crime smiley, from his current situation judging him is the last thing I would do. As a family guy, he is a hustler, except you have a very good job in Europe, you will hustle all your stay. No fun at all, therefore I don't blame him at all.

Still on the advise, assuming he was able to invest, saved a lot of cash back home, he wouldn't be this devastated.

I don't know why you choose the reverse, so you're very OK with the fact that, his hard earned money, personal belongings all gone?

I'm ok for the fact that he did not get away with it and i have little or no sympathy for him.

You don't need to have a very good job in Europe to live a normal life, a job, common sense and living within your means are all you need.

He wanted to use short-cut and ended up taking a very long journey to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 14, 2016
jantavanta:

Being in my own country does not bring me down. We have been miseducated about who we are in this world.

My country is the origin of Creation & Development, and therefore I need not acquire money to go and claim social benefits elsewhere, in lands recently populated by descendants of Dravidian Albinos, who many of us worship on Fridays and Sundays.

Remain in the Ice-cold weather. Make sure you pay your heating bills. But do not return to pontificate White Supremacy after interacting with those rif-raffs who come as 'expatriate', while you are there as 'immigrant'.
you are also writing in those riff raffs that you hate so much language (english) why not invent your own or communicate in your own tribal language? You are a hyporcrite!

2 Likes

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by justwise(m): 10:58am On Aug 14, 2016
jantavanta:

I have to disagree with you on that. Being in Nigeria will not only bring you down it will send you 6fit down.

We are having this debate here now with everything invented by those rif-raffs

I guess you are just being patriotic

2 Likes

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2016
stevedre:

My brother the story may sound like a lie but Nigerians are not respected abroad and I have witnessed worse scenes happening to Nigerians due to our useless embassies abroad. Sometimes when u date a white girl and she cheats, u must pack to another city before breaking up with her cuz she will set u up and their racist people will join her to make life miserable for the Nigerian.
Really? grin i think you may be exarggerating a little bit, no white woman will cause you any problem if you break up with them, all they would do is move on to another black man, they would only cause you problem if you lied to them or conned them which most nigerians in Europe are guilty of always, lies and conning.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 14, 2016
justwise:

I have to disagree with you on that. Being in Nigeria will not only bring you down it will send you 6fit down.

We are having this debate here now with everything invented by those rif-raffs

I guess you are just being patriotic
Absolutely! That individual is been ignorant, misinformed perhaps grin
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Bandeco(m): 11:17am On Aug 14, 2016
bee444:

My friend, as you know, Switzerland is not a member of the 28 member Union. But in 2002, Switzerland signed an agreement with Brussels providing for free movement between the bloc and the Alpine nation. This allows Spanish citizens a free ride in Swiss nation. This means citizens of Spain can go to Switzerland to work, settle and claim certain benefits.
I don't disagree with this. But this is not the issue here

bee444:

Now, back to our friend. You should note that I wrote that this guy was badly misinformed. They thought that PR holders were also eligible or included in the agreement signed, hence, the benefit he claimed.
If indeed the guy was misformed (after living in Europe for 13 years) and think he was eligible to claim benefit in Switzerland without being a resident of Switzerland or an EU citizen then he deserve to be deported. No mercy. Infact he doesn't even deserve to stay in Lagos. Na village fit am. The truth is this guy committed a massive offence in Switzerland he is not telling us and he was deported with the connivance of the Spanish Authority too.. There's no way the swiss will deport him unilaterally just because of this story.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2016
Bandeco:

Your fantasy narrative is nonsensical. It's clear that your fantasy narrative emanates from a pedestal of ignorance on the modus operandi of welfare benefits in Europe. You seemed to agree with the fellows story that it is possible, as a legal non-EU resident of any EEA and Switzerland to go to any other EEA country and Switzerland to claim benefit. It baffles me how some supposedly exposed people will believe such bareface lie. It annoys me that a guy who claim to have lived in Europe for 16years will lie that he went to Switzerland to claim benefit. On what basis.? Does he has a Swiss social security /insurance number?

How on earth will you conceive the idea that the swiss won't detect immediately that he is not a legal resident of Switzerland or EU national therefore not qualify to access welfare benefits. How can you , jeez, oh my gush conceive the lie that it will take 5months for the swiss authority to reach a decision that a deserving or otherwise person should be paid welfare benefits or not. (na hunger and want go don already kill that destitute person before the 6months)..

Permanent residence of an Eu country are not even allowed to work in another EU country not to talk of claiming any kind of benefits whatsoever. Are the swiss foolish that someone(non - eu) working and paying taxes in Spain thereby contributing to public finances of Spain will just hop into Switzerland and extract benefits. Una ignorance dey pain me seriously.

Even eu citizen's right to claim unemployment benefits in other EEA and Switzerland is not absolute. You first have to come, register as an intending resident, obtain social security number before you can claim job seeker benefit..

There are so many areas in the man's story that I find laughable and not factual. I say unequivocally that if truly he is a permanent resident of Spain, there's no way Swiss authority will seize his resident permit and deport him to Nigeria. Except he committed a grave crime (not immigration offense) in Switzerland.

ANY ONE THAT BELIEVES THIS MAN'S STORY BASE ON WHAT HE/SHE JUST READ HERE IS IGNORANT. THE MAN'S LIES AND DECEIT TO GARNER SYMPATHY IS GLARING. HE HIS HIDING THE MAIN REASON HE WAS SHIPPED NIGERIA.
Absolutely! Tirigbosaaaa! For you, you are very well informed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 14, 2016
bigtt76:
Whether you like use insultive words, I still stand by it that you can only be deported to your country of origin for which you have a valid passport!

yes! You are right, although he may hold a valid residency in spain he may still be deported to nigeria to which the passport he holds and a national of born and bred. Hence they waited for his residency to expire
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Bandeco(m): 11:34am On Aug 14, 2016
bigtt76:
Thank you jaaaare! Looks like he just learnt a new English word and he's over the world about it angry

See this one.. You still get ink to write after this embarrassment. "How can he have a Spanish PR without having a Spanish Passport".....lolzzz grin grin
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by justwise(m): 11:41am On Aug 14, 2016
Bandeco:

See this one.. I still get ink to write after this embarrassment. "How can he have a Spanish PR without having a Spanish Passport" .. Olodo jati jati

That is absolutely possible, when you are given a ILR in the UK its just a card and not a passport. You only get a passport when you become a citizen.

Are you not the one who is confused here?

You are calling her olodo but you don't seems to understand the difference between PR and citizenship
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Bandeco(m): 12:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
justwise:

That is absolutely possible, when you are i a ILR in the UK its just a card and not a passport. You only get a passport when you become a citizen.

Are you not the one who is confused here?

You are calling her olodo but you don't seems to understand the difference between PR and citizenship
Sorry to say you have toed same path of embarrassement.
Are you the one saying this? You of all people!
Apparently you seem not to understand me nor the girl but jumps into the terrain

What she meant is that if you have a Spanish PR, you will also have a Spanish Passport. That is what she was implying by asking rhetorically that " HOW CAN YOU HAVE A SPANISH PR WITHOUT HAVING A SPANISH PASSPORT"

Let me ask you, when a person has an indefinite leave to remain in the UK, does that person also get British passport without first becoming a citizen by naturalization? When a person has a British passport he/she is a British citizen, no longer a holder of ILR. If you are PR/ILR holder, you still a national of your homeland but has the right to settle in ur host country permanently /indefinitely. Becoming a British /Spanish citizen by naturalization is a different status/process all together and that is when u are qualified to be granted a British passport /Spanish Passport.

This is not too difficult to comprehend really!
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by bigtt76(f): 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
I don't claim to know it all, I asked a presumptive question and I was responded to in a gentleman manner by a well mannered person not you 'Mr Appalling' ...wondered where you learnt that from. I don't expect you to respond to this but if you do, I would give it to you back!! @Justwise ...please caution this guy! Let's not disrupt an educative thread. Have a lovely Sunday.

Bandeco:

See this one.. You still get ink to write after this embarrassment. "How can he have a Spanish PR without having a Spanish Passport".....lolzzz grin grin
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by justwise(m): 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
Bandeco:

Sorry to say you have toed same path of embarrassement.
Are you the one saying this? You of all people!
Apparently you seem not to understand me nor the girl but jumps into the terrain

What she meant is that if you have a Spanish PR, you will also have a Spanish Passport. That is what she was implying by asking rhetorically that " HOW CAN YOU HAVE A SPANISH PR WITHOUT HAVING A SPANISH PASSPORT"

Let me ask you, when a person has an indefinite leave to remain in the UK, does that person also get British passport without first becoming a citizen by naturalization? When a person has a British passport he/she is a British citizen, no longer a holder of ILR. If you are PR/ILR holder, you still a national of your homeland but has the right to settle in ur host country permanently /indefinitely. Becoming a British /Spanish citizen by naturalization is a different status/process all together and that is when u are qualified to be granted a British passport /Spanish Passport.

This is not too difficult to comprehend really!

You just repeated what i explained in my last post but at the same time coming up as if you did not comprehend where i was coming from.

Yes she got that bit wrong but you really can not be this thin-skinned that insulting people just because you spotted a mistake becomes second nature to you.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by justwise(m): 12:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
bigtt76:
I don't claim to know it all, I asked a presumptive question and I was responded to in a gentleman manner by a well mannered person not you 'Mr Appalling' ...wondered where you learnt that from. I don't expect you to respond to this but if you do, I would give it to you back!! @Justwise ...please caution this guy! Let's not disrupt an educative thread. Have a lovely Sunday.

Noted.

Sorry about that.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by claremont(m): 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
Bandeco:

Yup, that's true. Citizenship automatically means permanent residency/indefinite stay visa becomes null and void. There is no way someone can be operating under the rules of a permanent residence visa and at the same time be a citizen of the same country, one happens at the expense of the other.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Bandeco(m): 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
claremont:

Yup, that's true. Citizenship automatically means permanent residency/indefinite stay visa becomes null and void. There is no way someone can be operating under the rules of a permanent residence visa and at the same time be a citizen of the same country, one happens at the expense of the other.
Thank you sir
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by DICKtator: 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2016
bee444:

@Ateri, let me at least address your misconception. You see, the guy never misunderstood his status. He travelled to Swiss and applied for benefit whilst still working in Spain. He knew he won't get benefit in Spain 'cause he was still working. He needed extra cash and called his friend in Switzerland who advised him to come over and claim benefit. And because of greed and ignorance (not doing his research), he travelled and applied.

Now, after submitting his claim, he went back to Spain. Five months after applying, the result came in, he was denied. And needing to know the reasons behind the rejection, and devising other reasons to apply and appeal his rejection, he travelled again to Switzerland. This time, he was stopped by an immigration officer who digged in into his travel history and hit the jackpot. Officer found out he already applied for benefit whilst holding a resident permit of Spain. He was interviewed, admitted he applied for benefit and was detained. Passport and resident permit was seized and confiscated. Swiss govt approached their Spanish counterpart, and an agreement was made to deport him.

Now, was I there? No, but experience and speculation of events always narrate itself.

He regretted making that decision. In his interview with the press, he time without number mentioned how he would have been a citizen of Spain had he not gone to Switzerland to claim benefit.

Now, does racism played its part in getting him deported? Absolutely. But then, was he the architect of his own misfortune? Absolutely. A white man would have been banned from Switzerland for certain years for committing fraud, but still get handed his passport and resident permit.

"He that comes to equity must come with a clean hand". Let's strive to be honest, at least for once.

Thank you

Why do you keep on typing,"he was WORKING (emphasis mine) in Spain when he applied for benefits in Switzerland?". That is not what the article says,or rather what he deportee(no offence meant to the victim) said. He said he was out of work when he erroneously applied for Swiss benefits!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by bee444: 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2016
DICKtator:

Why do you keep on typing,"he was WORKING (emphasis mine) in Spain when he applied for benefits in Switzerland?". That is not what the article says,or rather what he deportee(no offence meant to the victim) said. He said he was out of work when he erroneously applied for Swiss benefits!!

grin grin grin grin

My friend. He was working according to records. You see, the guy does odd jobs. He worked for an agency. And according to him, he was working in different industries. The thing is, with agencies, you cannot be out of job. They always have something for you.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Ugosample(m): 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2016
justwise:
[/b]
Remain in Nigeria and deal with your self esteem problem.
Please explain to me what you mean by this.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by justwise(m): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ugosample:

Please explain to me what you mean by this.

What i meant by that is...if you made a personal decision to move to a 'white man' country with the mind set that black worship white man then you have self esteem problem and shouldn't have left Nigeria to start with.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Ugosample(m): 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
justwise:

What i meant by that is...if you made a personal decision to move to a 'white man' country with the mind set that black worship white man then you have self esteem problem and shouldn't have left Nigeria to start with.
Okay boss.
I understand now.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by pansophist(m): 9:55am On Aug 15, 2016
This story reeks of lies, lots of unanswered questions.

1. Switzerland and Spain are in the schengen area, there is no border check at airport when travelling across each other. Why did they single him out and accorded such treatment?

2. He said he has permanent residence in Spain and wanted to renew it, this is trash. you only renew permanent residence plastic card or if it a vignette in your passport, not permanent residence status.

3. Since he applied for social security before and left after five months, he has been flagged as a criminal to exploit the system. You can only visit Swiss as a tourist and not as a social assistance beneficiary.

4. If he has permanent residence visa in Spain as claimed, he could just go to the embassy and they will give him a temporary residence to return, which is not the case here.

5. What about his friend that he went to visit? what was his reaction after all these? his silence simply passes a message that his visit was fraudulent, and was left alone to deal with the consequence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Knocked Down By A Hit & Run Driver In Abuja. Do You Know Her? (Pics) / Passengers Going To Warri From Lagos Found Themselves In Ibadan, Driver Arrested / 2 Jets Stolen At Lagos Airport: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.