Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken (30741 Views)

Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped / Nigerian Atheist: / What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by raphieMontella: 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
Back frm my ban..lol
KingEbukasBlog:

Acknowledging the existence of a creator is rational . Science remains a killer of atheism.
acknowledging the possibility of a creator is rational..i agree...acknowledging the possibility of a whole race of creators is also rational...
Acknowledging that theres a possibility of no creator is also rational...
Then natural selection of choices take control..
U will understand what i mean when u decide to be open minded...

According to renowned physicist Michio Kaku

"I have concluded that we are in a world made by rules created by an intelligence .Believe me, everything that we call chance today won't make sense anymore. To me it is clear that we exists in a plan which is governed by rules that were created, shaped by a universal intelligence and not by chance."
those were his own personal opinions thats why two humans are nt the same...the fact that he is a renowned scientist doesnt create a stamp that he is right..
Even Albert einstein was wrong abt quantum entanglement..so its no claim sir..

There is no proof Christianity has a bad effect.
serzlyy? Stop lying nau

Lol . Christianity deplores the despicable acts of those people in the past even before they did it grin
does atheism accpt the despicable act of the millitant atheists?
The issue is that u christians like
to isolate..nd rigmarole nd give urselves superiority nd perfection when u re nt..

It is not because of Hell exactly . A Christian is a follower of Christ and He exhorts us to attain perfection like God . The passion to be like Christ restrains us from committing to sin or erring.
many christians are christians tuday because of hell...simple truth..i wont argue it
morality is nt frm christ..

Again , I consider Christianity as a lifestyle and then a religious affiliation .
it is a cult..t is nt a lifestyle
muslims can live a christian like lifestyle bt doesnt make them christians..

Faith is substantial . The role faith plays sometimes is impalpable .
i consider faith hyped..

Christ commands us to love our enemies and the bible adjures us to be united in faith
even buddha spoke/preaches love...
Stop making it seem as tho christ teachings is unique..
The bible also encourages incest nd marriage by rape..shud we adhere?

Africa is backward because some still hold unto to primitive religions and of course the high illiteracy level
primitive religions like christianity nd islam etc..
U knw illiteracy is a cause yet u exclude it in the case of northkorea y?
Oh ye..cus its an atheist country..

Do you know that it was Christianity that brought us education ?
did christianity bring education to the middle eastern developed countries?

Everyone both atheist and theists exercise faith . You believe God does not exist because of faith or else you are all knowing human which you of course you are not .
let me clear myself to u....
I am an agnostic atheist...
I dnt knw if there is a god...bt i knw the god u bring as the creator is a lie...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
author=darkenedrebel post=48553919]

In other words you're a theist with no belief in any of the gods that are worshipped today. Just so you know, I feel the same way too, but I stayed true to Catholicism because it's saner than the rest and because it has served as an efficient medium to God.

How is Catholicism saner than - let's say - Protestantism?
I guess you stayed true to Catholicism because like most people you stick to the religion with that you grew up.

As sure as eggs is eggs.

So you are seriously telling me that money, women, family and knowledge mean sh.it to you? cheesy
Kontinu. grin

People that feel the need to be emotionally dependent on others you mean to say. Not everyone feels the need. Not everyone fancies emotional baggage.

Eating and sleeping? Like seriously? I'm talking about humanity's purpose on earth and you're talking about eating and sleeping? Why not say breathing as well. You're trivializing this discourse.

Nairaland is purposeful in keeping your finger on the pulse of Nigerian news, and also to blow off steam. But it isn't the purpose of humanity on earth, which was my initial question. You are terribly tergiversating.

You don't get the point. You don't have to tell me what you think of all this one by one since these are nothing but examples of the things that matter to people and serve them as a purpose irrespectively of the promise of a paradise. Most people have more than one purpose in life and it changes in different phases of their life.

The point is that you claim that everyone must believe in God nd pardise or else life has no purpose. And I say, FOR YOU!
Most atheists do not consider their life senseless or needless or without purpose. It's you who needs the comfort of this promise. Not everyone else does. Some people like the idea of it all coming to an end some day. People are different. There are even cultures that believe tht you can be re-born as a rat or a fly and live with it. It's strange to you, it's not to them.

Fine, that's why I said we can always agree to disagree.

Eventually. cheesy

Did you miss the part where I said that my claims were subjective?

No, I didn't but I remember you saying that the atheist stance can be destroyed when one considers the purpose of life, which for you is the hope for paradise and it was important to me to point out that people have different views on what the purpose of life is.

And just as it is wrong for me to assume that everyone needs to hope for an afterlife to lead a purposeful life, so also is it wrong for you to assume otherwise.

No, it'S not the same because I accept that some people need this hope whereas others don't and I am perfectly at pece with this knowledge but you try to convince people that there must be a God or else you would feel like your life has no purpose. I believe you are actually trying to convince yourself.

You can take me to court on the grounds of vicarious liability grin

Nice diversion tactic. So explain to me why I would have to suffer for the b.itchy behavior of Eve who God is actually responsible for because it was God who created her curios and put this freaking apple in front of her nose. Now I and my family and my children and grandchildren and generations to come have to suffer for the mistake of two people? And it makes sense to you, like seriously? cheesy

And then he goes on to have his son crucified in the cruelest of ways nd yet it is not enough?

Come on!

If you experience it then how can you not look at others who haven't—probably out of their non-belief in God—and not feel complete pity for them or consider their existence to be without purpose?

Instead of pitying other people who don'T feel bad in the absence of something they don't know, I choose to enjoy this experience.

You attach too much importance to material things. That's your problem.

I don't see how it's a problem to enjoy everything I worked for and was blessed with since it makes me feel good and feeling good is the purpose of my life - just a quick reminder. wink

This statement is too ambiguous. Clarify please. Which one is mama abeg? grin

grin

Why the affront on Christianity?, especially when I never tried to make a case for it on this thread? Ad Hominem sniping do not bode well for your argument.

I will tell you. You Christians have bastardized everything Jesus stood for. This dude must have been extremely cool. Christians are miserable creatures who believe that they came to this life to suffer so that God will consider them worthy of paradise. I value life too much to live it in misery.

Unlike you I don't see it as punishment. I see it as a fire-test, a test of character and faith.

The All-Knowing needs to test your character even though he is All-Knowing. Does it make sense to you?
And when you die, he will say: Let's look at your sins. You were rude to your mum when you were five and ou kicked this boy in school when playing football and then you lied to your wife about not drinking so much beer. And you had premarital s.ex. And even though I created a strong se.xul drive in all humans and animals, you will be punished. grin

You said you believe in GOD, but do not believe in a God that punishes people for the mistakes of their forefathers. Fine!! then why did the God you believe in put you in a turbulent world—a world filled with vices, war, terrorism, pedophilia, serial killer and rapists?

I love this world and I have no fear. I am an eternal being. No life experience - good or bad - is so important in the context of eternity.

How is the god (the one you believe in) that placed you amidst these whirlpool of calamities any different from the one that punishes people for the deeds of their forefathers as you erroneously posited?

All the bad experiences I have lived so far have served me very well. I have no regrets and I don't blame anyone physical or non-physical.

Like I said earlier, I never made a case for Christianity here. All these affronts on the Bible and Christianity are uncalled for.

You clearly argue from the Christian perspective so it's just logical that I will point to the incoherence of this set of beliefs.

Yet you say you believe in a god (and distance yourself from religion)

Clearly!

Once again, how is that your God that created you to live in a world brimming with wickedness any different from the so-called 'punitive, revengeful, ego-driven God'? As you can see, our gods are bedfellows? Probably twin brothers grin

In the midst of the most terrible of circumstances, you can find well-being and peace. The sooner you learn to feel good unconditionally, the more control of your life, you will have.

And millions like me also feel the same way about people who live only for today (without consideration for tomorrow) and who do not believe in God or have any hope of an afterlife. We see them as people existing for the mere fun of it and that there's no substance to there existence. So it's a 50-50 situation.

And yet what you have in common with those people is that like them ALL YOU HAVE is the PRESENT MOMENT. It's ALWAYS now. Yesterday and tomorrow only exist in your mind. wink

That's not what I said. I was talking about morality in generally, and that it is but a sham.

Look at the comment I first made that bordered on morality:

Did I mention any thing like religion or God in that comment? Dyslexia's a bîtch grin

As I said above, I said nothing of this sort. Only God knows where you're getting all these from.

Actually most people are not. Most people only conform to rules for fear of either being punished or being caught. That's de facto.

And a few lines later he will ask me to provide statistics. grin

We are not talking about Christians or Moslems here, but the savagery and egocentric nature of humans in general.

And yet you wonder why some people do not want or can't believe in God. cheesy
I don't share your views on human nature. I have never seen a wicked baby. Circumstances harden hearts but people are not bad by nature.

Your comprehension ability seems to be on the fritz this morning. What happened? You didn't get enough sleep or what? grin grin

Foul.

Once again I never said religion made people act right. You're committing the Straw man fallacy here.

I said the threat of sanction contained in our laws and rules are why we have morality, and not because it is innately in the human nature to be moral. Try to understand me before giving quick-whir responses.

Then your initial argument that we need to believe in God is invalid. We need laws in this case.

Yes, and we created laws to regulate our coexistence, and the punishment meted out to defaulters who break these rules are what compelled people to be morally upright, and not because it is innately in our nature. That's my point, a simple point you're not getting.

There are people who will do good even if nobody watches them. I know it's hard to believe when one is located in Nigeria but they exist.

Unlawful killings, homicide, and by extension, suicide, is a big deal because it is a crime against humanity. Natural and unavoidable deaths is not a big deal. The lord giveth and the lord taketh away grin

You are contradicting yourself. How is it a big deal to be taken away from this wicked world (your view) and taken to paradise?

Hasty generalization. Where is your proof? Any statistics to validate this spurious, obnoxious statement. . .?

Lead by example. wink

I get it. You're just being purposely ridiculous to frustrate me. Not gonna happen grin grin

I am actually serious. Why are you so sad when people die when you are so convinced that there is an afterlife in PARADISE?

You saved your child first because selfishness is ingrained in the human nature, and because we are not innately moral or public-spirited. That's the plain truth, stop trying to justify your actions with that motherly instinct crap. cool

Yes and I have no problem with it. I am selfish! I love myself first and it's your social conditioning to believe that it's wrong to put yourself first.

Are you a mother to only your child? A mother is meant to be a mother to all. Or are the lives of the other 5 innocent people worth less than the life of your child?

I am supposed to be the mother of all? Says who? You are confusing me with me Virgin Mary.
Ask your mother if she loves the children of her neighbors as much as she loves you? grin

The five innocent people will go to paradise. Not much of a big deal, is it? grin

It makes her self-centered if she cannot sacrifice the life of her child to save the lives of 5 people. Where is the commonweal in her actions? Isn't her motherly instincts supposed to spread across to other people as well? A mother is meant to be a mother for all, not just for one.

Have I carried the other people under my heart for nine month? You are a dreamer. I would always put my child first, most mothers would and if you consider it immoral, so be it. I have no problem with it. wink

You just confirmed the innate selfishness of the human nature with your answer, and that morality is a sham. Thank you for making me win this debate so easily cool grin

I have not only confirmed it, I am proud of it. smiley
I put myself first and when I feel good, I have the energy to move mountains for others as well. I have never seen a miserable person capable of helping others.

Look at you . . .yelping like a cornered and wounded fox. You're only ranting 'cause you fell into my trap grin

One of the qualities of a trap is that it comes unforseen which is not the case here. Try again. wink

All I asked for you to solve the Trolley problem and the Footbridge dilemma, wetin concern the Christian God with that one? grin

I got you when I wanted. . .right up in the jugular grin grin

You could get more if you opened the spirit to the teaching that could change your life for the better but it's ok, I believe you will get there some day. You have plenty of time, you are an eternal being. wink kiss

You would save your child because of motherly instinct. Motherly instinct is biological and extremely normal, and from an isolationist point of view(one void of religious bias or the 'false sense of morality we've been dappled in for centuries) I'd say you made the right decision by disregarding the lives of the other 5 people and allowing your motherly instinct survival-of-the-fittest instinct to decide your decision-making process. Kudos once again, and you've only proven me right: morality is a sham because humans are self-centered and innately immoral. grin

You can ride it till tomorrow. Yes, I would save my child FIRST. This is what mothers do. wink

I only asked you to field those two questions to point out to you that we are not moral or public-spirited by nature. Morality is/was an artificially-induced social conditioning, and accreditation has to go to Theism (not Christianity) for this 'false sense of morality' that has kept humanity extant and in one piece.

Only a Christian can claim that it is normal for a mother or father to sacrifice their child. This is the nonsense you have been reading in the Bible.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by raphieMontella: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2016
Resurrected from myy ban
winner01:
All the techonological gadgets you are screaming was motivated by theists.
bros u can lie for africa o...
U christians ehn...
Who is now thomas edison?
Who is now alan turing?
Who is graham bell?
I can go on and on...
Abeg stop tryna make atheists seem dumb jst to further the intenttions of ur church..
Atheists are breaking grounds in science abeg..stop this
Most scientists and philosophers are atheists or agnostics..few theists sire..

Which place in the bible confirms your first paragraph.
Oh yes..brethren..upon to the historical book of proverbs chapter 3verse5 (proverbs3:5)

You people should just keep crying angrily, religion has been attacked since the 14th century and been predicted to die off even before the16th century. This is the 21st century and more than 3/4 of the worlds population is still religious, and the number has been predicted to increase over the next 70 years. Seems to me like you will be crying for a really long time.
religion has been existing prior to 8500 BC and atheism began to breed in the period of enlightment which is the 18th century..
Its actually 63 percent of the world that are religious nt 75...
Atheism is slowly rising...take it or leave it..i can only tell u the truth..
U can do ur research..
in 2004 a bc survey..atheists in nigeria =0%...baba time will tell...

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
Mindfulness:

How is Catholicism saner than - let's say - Protestantism?

It is not happy-clappy for one (I mean in its manner of worship); it's better organized and the hierarchical constructs within the Church are well defined—from the Pope, Cardinals, down to the ordinary lay faithful—and so there are almost no cases of internescine power tussles as is the case of many Protestant churches.

And also because it's the first Christian denomination, and also because I cannot come to terms with the reasons (most times dubious) that necessitated the creation of other denominations. The Anglican Church for example was created to satisfy the selfish interests of King Henry XVIII (I suppose you know the back story)

Basically, I cannot reconcile with the history of Protestant churches and what necessitated their creation in the first place, and also because their mode of worship doesn't work for me.

I guess you stayed true to Catholicism because like most people you stick to the religion with that you grew up

No, I did not stick to Catholicism because of this reason.

So you are seriously telling me that money, women, family and knowledge mean sh.it to you? cheesy
Kontinu. grin

Of course they matter to me, but they are not my sole raison d'être.

Nice move, though. Trying to use women to make me reconsider?. grin

Has it ever occurred to you that I might be an eunuch? Don't forget, women to an eunuch is like a nāked Scarlett Johnson to a Sam Smith. grin grin grin

You don't get the point. You don't have to tell me what you think of all this one by one since these are nothing but examples of the things that matter to people and serve them as a purpose irrespectively of the promise of a paradise. Most people have more than one purpose in life and it changes in different phases of their life

The point is that you claim that everyone must believe in God nd pardise or else life has no purpose. And I say, FOR YOU!

And as an addendum I said that my statements were subjective. Please get you some reading glasses. I know of 20:20 vision. . . .yours is 20:dusty vision. grin

Most atheists do not consider their life senseless or needless or without purpose. It's you who needs the comfort of this promise. Not everyone else does. Some people like the idea of it all coming to an end some day. People are different. There are even cultures that believe tht you can be re-born as a rat or a fly and live with it. It's strange to you, it's not to them

Eventually. cheesy
No, I didn't but I remember you saying that the atheist stance can be destroyed when one considers the purpose of life, which for you is the hope for paradise and it was important to me to point out that people have different views on what the purpose of life is.
No, it'S not the same because I accept that some people need this hope whereas others don't and I am perfectly at pece with this knowledge but you try to convince people that there must be a God or else you would feel like your life has no purpose. I believe you are actually trying to convince yourself

Nice diversion tactic. So explain to me why I would have to suffer for the b.itchy behavior of Eve who God is actually responsible for because it was God who created her curios and put this freaking apple in front of her nose

@bolded___gender inequality has been so ingrained in our subconsciousness that we do not even know when we are guilty of it.

Both Adam and Eve are responsible. . . . . . . not just Eve. Unless you're trying to say Adam was so daft that he couldn't think for himself? grin

And yeah. . . . Eve was a bîtch. grin

And the Bible never said the fruit was an apple. It never made mention of the name of the fruit in fact. I wonder why people assume it was an apple.

Now I and my family and my children and grandchildren and generations to come have to suffer for the mistake of two people? And it makes sense to you, like seriously? cheesy

I never believed in the Adam and Eve tale. Direct your anger at the author(s) of the book of Genesis. The tale is just the Jewish variation of the creation story IMO.
There are many scriptural passages I do take not literally—the story of Noah/the flood etc—I just take them as allegories and tales dripping wet of didacticism.

And then he goes on to have his son crucified in the cruelest of ways nd yet it is not enough

Come on

He didn't crucify his son. The Jews and Romans crucified his son! Besides, he is still the same as his son (Holy Trinity doctrine), so basically the person that was crucified (Jesus) is still God himself, except he came as God the son.

The Greeks believed their gods came down and lived among them, who says the Christian God cannot do the same?

Instead of pitying other people who don'T feel bad in the absence of something they don't know, I choose to enjoy this experience

''They do not feel bad in the absence of something they do not know"

That statement reminds me of this popular saying: Ignorance is bliss. So basically, we, theists, have chosen the red pill while atheists have opted for the blue pill. Interesting

I don't see how it's a problem to enjoy everything I worked for and was blessed with since it makes me feel good and feeling good is the purpose of my life - just a quick reminder. wink

grin

Tell me what you meant by that jare. . . .I would keep importuning you until you squeal. grin

I will tell you. You Christians have bastardized everything Jesus stood for. This dude must have been extremely cool. Christians are miserable creatures who believe that they came to this life to suffer so that God will consider them worthy of paradise. I value life too much to live it in misery

@bolded___you're letting your emotions get in the way.

Your parents are Christians (after all you grew up in a Christian home). . . .are they miserable creatures?

I am a Christian. . . . .am I a miserable creature? grin

The All-Knowing needs to test your character even though he is All-Knowing. Does it make sense to you?

Yes it does, because we have free will. We are not programmed robots. We have the free will to do good or to do bad, and our stay on earth is a test to see who stays true and doesn't go astray.

And when you die, he will say: Let's look at your sins. You were rude to your mum when you were five

No one has a senseness of touch when he/she is 5 years old. Age of reasoning begins at nine. Whatever you did before nine years old is just child's play because you had no judgment of what is right or wrong.

nd ou kicked this boy in school when playing football and then you lied to your wife about not drinking so much beer

Trivia!!

And you had premarital s.ex. And even though I created a strong se.xul drive in all humans and animals, you will be punished. grin

Premarital sex is not a sin. . . . at least not to me. I don't care what the bible says about it, or what any pastor says. My dick, my rules. grin

I love this world and I have no fear. I am an eternal being. No life experience - good or bad - is so important in the context of eternity.
All the bad experiences I have lived so far have served me very well. I have no regrets and I don't blame anyone physical or non-physical

This doesn't answer the question; you're just eddying around the same spot.

How is my God—whom you said was punitive and ego-driven—any different from your God that did not place you in an Utopian world, but rather in a world filled with pain, troubles, war, sickness?

You obviously have no answer to this. What kind of loving God puts his daughter in a world where she is exposed to gangbanging and of getting Oreo'd in the alley (that's if you're light-skinned and if you know what getting Oreo'd means grin); what kind of God puts his daughter in a world where she is exposed to murder?; what kind of God puts his daughter in a world where she is exposed to racial discrimination and hate-crimes?

At this point you really need to stop hurling brickbats at the Christian God because yours that has placed you on the edge of a precipice and open to danger is no different. Now accept in humility that you just got your āss handed to you. kiss

You clearly argue from the Christian perspective so it's just logical that I will point to the incoherence of this set of beliefs

I made mention of Ogbanje and ghosts. How is that arguing from the Christian perspective?

Clearly!
In the midst of the most terrible of circumstances, you can find well-being and peace. The sooner you learn to feel good unconditionally, the more control of your life, you will have

And yet what you have in common with those people is that like them ALL YOU HAVE is the PRESENT MOMENT. It's ALWAYS now. Yesterday and tomorrow only exist in your mind. wink
[quote]
And a few lines later he will ask me to provide statistics. grin

And yet you wonder why some people do not want or can't believe in God. cheesy
I don't share your views on human nature. I have never seen a wicked baby. Circumstances harden hearts but people are not bad by nature

A baby's brain is not fully developed and the ideas in its tiny skull are inchoate. Even if a baby is wicked. . .how would you know? Wickedness is made manifest in words and in deeds. . . . and a baby even if it is inherently wicked, it cannot voice its malicious thoughts, let alone act upon them. . . so how can you say that you have never seen a wicked baby. . . .are you a mind reader?

Foul.
Then your initial argument that we need to believe in God is invalid. We need laws in this case

There are people who will do good even if nobody watches them. I know it's hard to believe when one is located in Nigeria but they exist

Yeah, there are people who will do good even if no one watches. Like for example, there is this woman I know, her name is Christine, she is on Nairaland and she told me periphrastically that the lives of 5 people pales in comparison to that of her child's. Sounds familiar? grin

Do good when no one is watching my āss.
Yes they may be some that would do good, but compared to those that wouldn't the number is vastly disproportionate.

You are contradicting yourself. How is it a big deal to be taken away from this wicked world (your view) and taken to paradise?

It is a big deal when the person is murdered or his/life is cut short unlawfully.

1. It is a sin against humanity (even animals of the same specie do not go around killing themselves, except in extremis.

2. It is against the laws of the land

3. It is a sin against God

Ssupposing the person had not lived out his/her dream or lived to his full potential? How does that not make it a big deal?

You are lovelier when you do some ratiocination you know. wink

Lead by example. wink

Read on:

1. The bystander effect and,

2. Deterrence theory of punishment

I am actually serious. Why are you so sad when people die when you are so convinced that there is an afterlife in PARADISE?

I already thrashed this above.

Yes and I have no problem with it. I am selfish! I love myself first and t's your social conditioning to believe that it's wrong to put yourself first

@bolded__You're not getting me. I would have done the same if I were in your shoes. I live for myself and my family, and oh well, for my future family.

I only wanted to point out the hypocrisy in your jibber-jabber about morality. I wanted to prove to you that morality is a sham and that we are only moral when it is convenient for us, and you proved me right by doing a 'morally wrong' thing just to save your child.

I am supposed to be the mother of all? Says who? You are confusing me with me Virgin Mary

Who says you cannot be virgin Mary?. . . .my bad. . .I mean secondary Virgin Mary? Or wait, let me ask the holy spirit where he kept that hymën. . .wait I'm coming grin

Ask your mother if she loves the children of her neighbors as much as she loves you? grin

You haven't met my mother, don't jump into conclusions. She may not love others more than she loves me but her motherly instints cuts across the spectrum. I have no exclusive rights to it.

The five innocent people will go to paradise. Not much of a big deal, is it? grin

So if you and your child were among the five people, and let's say I diverted the train to your side of the tracks rather than pushing my son into it . . .you would still forgive me? That's assuming the train didn't kill you instantly and you still had like 35 minutes to say a word or two to me. cheesy

Have I carried the other people under my heart for nine month? You are a dreamer. I would always put my child first, most mothers would and if you consider it immoral, so be it. I have no problem with it. wink

I have not only confirmed it, I am proud of it. smiley
I put myself first and when I feel good, I have the energy to move mountains for others as well. I have never seen a miserable person capable of helping others

I've addressed this. Selfish woman. . cheesy

One of the qualities of a trap is that it comes unforseen which is not the case here. Try again. wink

Rats see the bread/cheese on the gum, they've seen their buddies getting stuck on the gum, but they still go for the bread and end up getting stuck as well.

The kind of traps that are set are the ones that one can predict miles away but still end up falling into it because it's just so enticing. cheesy

You could get more if you opened the spirit to the teaching that could change your life for the better but it's ok, I believe you will get there some day. You have plenty of time, you are an eternal being. wink kiss

Meaning?

You can ride it till tomorrow. Yes, I would save my child FIRST. This is what mothers do. wink
Only a Christian can claim that it is normal for a mother or father to sacrifice their child. This is the nonsense you have been reading in the Bible.

@bolded__you obviously have a visceral hatred for Christianity and the Bible. Tell me, what has the Bible ever done to you?

Let's play a game of counterfactuals here:

Did you get jilted by a Christian boyfriend? . . . . . . . . . . .'Cause that would explain a lot.

No? did you get jilted by a guy who had a Christian sister?

No? Did you get duped by a guy named 'Christian' Benteke ? grin

Talk to me, what have Christians done to you in the past that Christianity has to receive such odium from you?

Therapy 101 in session grin
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by oaroloye(m): 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
SHALOM!

Atheism is an Oyinbo Trojan Pig Front, and I invite it to say whatever it can still say, with my Foot of Fellowship in its mouth.

Whereas Christianity was the original Trojan Horse to invade our Continent, Atheism is the new System.

If you are willing to renounce and denounce Jesus, DOORS WILL OPEN UP FOR YOU.

They WILL bend over backwards to make you an ASSET.

YOU SEE MIDDLE-CLASS CHRISTIANS WILLING TO COMPROMISE THEIR FAITH IN ORDER TO ADVANCE IN THEIR CAREERS.

BIOLOGY Scientists accept and support the Doctrine of Evolution and Abiogenesis in order to be employed- while doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to support CREATIONISM- e.g. by CREATING something themselves.

ECONOMISTS supporting the CENTRAL BANKING System, allowing Oyinbos with "MONOPOLY" Money to buy and devalue our REAL and hard-earned Money.

SPORTS- Christians allowing Sports to distract our people, playing with those who are ROBBING US BLIND.

MEDICINE- Christians praying for Drugs and Surgery to work- and then crediting GOD- and calling THAT "Divine Healing!"

Not to forget that Western Medicine is based on GREEK PAGAN WORSHIP.

FINANCE- Christians getting in bed with Unbelievers- literally and figuratively- and calling it "DIVINE PROSPERITY."

They do not trust in GOD, but rather in STOCKS & SHARES, FOREX MONEYCHANGING, LOANS, BONDS, and LOTTERIES.

With these compromises, the step into Atheism is but a short one.

Useless False Christian Traditions are attributable to UNCOVER ATHEISTS, JESUITS, and other ILLUMINATI who have infiltrated Organized Christianity to bring it into disrepute. You will notice that they all teach that YOU CANNOT know God BY YOURSELF, except their SPECIAL SPEAKER come and tell you from HIS "Anointed Mouth," which is NOT how YAHSHUA Taught us.

Whereas there are many Fool Gospel and Jehovah's Witlesses (sic) Christians who have died because they were denied Medical Treatment- besides that none of these people should be sympathized with, because when they were healthy, they too opposed medical treatment for ailing and injured members- we do not see Atheists rushing to their rescue, paying their hospital bills for them!

ON THE CONTRARY, THE OYINBO ATHEISTS ARE PREPARING TO EXTERMINATE OUR RACES AS INFERIOR.

Everyone has heard of ORIGIN OF THE SPECIES, by Charles Darwin, that is the basis for the EVOLUTION Religion.

You have likely never heard in your life, that THAT IS NOT THE TITLE OF THE BOOK.

If African people in particular were aware of the REAL TITLE of Charles Darwin's book, they would UNDERSTAND whom we are dealing with!

Both Atheist and Christian Biology Scholars are proven to be TRAITORS of our country, by their REFUSAL to inform the public of the FULL TITLE of Darwin's book, which is:

ORIGIN OF THE SPECIES BY NATURAL SELECTION, OR THE PRESERVATION OF FAVOURED RACES IN THE STRUGGLE FOR SURVIVAL.

The White Atheists are planning to exterminate our "surplus population," to reduce the Human Race to a size they SAY is "SUSTAINABLE," but in reality, they mean CONTROLLABLE. By them.

Black Atheists are TRAITORS-WITHOUT-MORALS who are their SIXTH COLUMN to help the Wicked Oyinbos to accomplish their goals.

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Ruq: 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Great points. How would we know where to draw the line? What the OP and others do not realise is that a lot of people derive their morality from faith. A large number of people are good because of their hope in one afterlife or the other. Hardened criminals have ''discovered'' Christ or any other deity and become good. What the OP is advocating is going to lead to anarchy and chaos. No matter the amount of disdain you possess for religion, an unbiased analysis will lead you to the conclusion that its merits far outweigh the demerits.

This bro, is what most atheists don't see, this is why I am never plainly against religion, its a double edge sword. They think because they can be moral without religion without the promise of heaven, and because they're cool with that they think others would be able to operate like that not knowing that's what keep some peeps sane, just like what farmer4life said. I keep saying if we successfully quench religion despite all its shortcomings I won't be surprised if those that think the world would be a better place without it would be the ones wishing they never liberated theists from the gods they revere, I mean to a lot of theists a belief in God is what makes life meaningful for them and I can't blame them take that away in folds and you'll be surprised that suicide rate might increase. Now tell me how much of a saviour have you been to those you think need help.
Yes it false reality to atheists but they take it far serious and it is real to them, yeah its painful to watch people suffer because of their beliefs, but you'll be surprised to see that theists even attach sense to the sufferings. And only few would entertain the idea that gods aren't real, they can't even stomach it, peeps like this I leave alone and encourage them to continue. The only peeps I think should be "liberated" are those who are suffering because of their belief in God not those who these God idea is everything to them, in short its the reason they're happy, its what they live for, people like this will break down, that's why i stand on it being an individual liberation.
Plus some peeps are fully aware of the decision the frequent attacks on religion has made some even more defiant that they are on the right part.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
One more thing, religious threads are usually moved to the front page and I see no reason why an atheist thread shouldn't make it there too once in a while
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
author=darkenedrebel post=48563713]

It is not happy-clappy for one (I mean in its manner of worship); it's better organized and the hierarchical constructs within the Church are well defined—from the Pope, Cardinals, down to the ordinary lay faithful—and so there are almost no cases of internescine power tussles as is the case of many Protestant churches.

And also because it's the first Christian denomination, and also because I cannot come to terms with the reasons (most times dubious) that necessitated the creation of other denominations. The Anglican Church for example was created to satisfy the selfish interests of King Henry XVIII (I suppose you know the back story)

Basically, I cannot reconcile with the history of Protestant churches and what necessitated their creation in the first place, and also because their mode of worship doesn't work for me.

No, I did not stick to Catholicism because of this reason.

Ok.

Of course they matter to me, but they are not my sole raison d'être.

Since you have more than one purpose in life, it should be easy for you to understand that other people - atheist or not - have more than one life purpose as well.

Nice move, though. Trying to use women to make me reconsider?. grin

Has it ever occurred to you that I might be an eunuch? Don't forget, women to an eunuch is like a nāked Scarlett Johnson to a Sam Smith. grin grin grin

You like women. I have been following you for some time now so I know. grin

Are you saying that you wouldn't enjoy them beautiful creatures if you knew that death was terminal or would you rather enjoy more of them? grin

And as an addendum I said that my statements were subjective. Please get you some reading glasses. I know of 20:20 vision. . . .yours is 20:dusty vision. grin

All is well. cool

@bolded___gender inequality has been so ingrained in our subconsciousness that we do not even know when we are guilty of it.

Both Adam and Eve are responsible. . . . . . . not just Eve. Unless you're trying to say Adam was so daft that he couldn't think for himself? grin

And yeah. . . . Eve was a bîtch. grin

And the Bible never said the fruit was an apple. It never made mention of the name of the fruit in fact. I wonder why people assume it was an apple.

It's not about gender inequality. It's about the lack of logic behind such stories.

I never believed in the Adam and Eve tale. Direct your anger at the author(s) of the book of Genesis. The tale is just the Jewish variation of the creation story IMO.
There are many scriptural passages I do take not literally—the story of Noah/the flood etc—I just take them as allegories and tales dripping wet of didacticism.

I knew you wouldn't disappoint. Someone with your intellect could never take those stories literally. Anyhow, they don't appeal to me any longer. Too negative for my liking. I am a posititve person and life is much easier this way.

He didn't crucify his son. The Jews and Romans crucified his son! Besides, he is still the same as his son (Holy Trinity doctrine), so basically the person that was crucified (Jesus) is still God himself, except he came as God the son.

The Almighty allowed for mere mortals to crucify him? And it makes sense to you?

The Greeks believed their gods came down and lived among them, who says the Christian God cannot do the same?

I believe that I am an extension of God's energy and everyone else is too.

'
'They do not feel bad in the absence of something they do not know"

That statement reminds me of this popular saying: Ignorance is bliss. So basically, we, theists, have chosen the red pill while atheists have opted for the blue pill. Interesting

It's not about ignorance.

Tell me what you meant by that jare. . . .I would keep importuning you until you squeal. grin

Nothing more than that I love life and enjoy it.

@bolded___you're letting your emotions get in the way.

My emotions are never in my way, they are my guidance. wink

Your parents are Christians (after all you grew up in a Christian home). . . .are they miserable creatures?

I am a Christian. . . . .am I a miserable creature? grin

Relative to me you are. I love this world and I love life. You hope that everything will be better when you die because all you focus on is evil, wickedness and sin. I kno what it's like. I have been there and it's hard but I am in a better place now without having to die first. wink

Yes it does, because we have free will. We are not programmed robots. We have the free will to do good or to do bad, and our stay on earth is a test to see who stays true and doesn't go astray.

The All-Knowing doesn't know it after all?

No one has a senseness of touch when he/she is 5 years old. Age of reasoning begins at nine. Whatever you did before nine years old is just child's play because you had no judgment of what is right or wrong.

Why hasn't anyone told me that before I got to nine? grin

Trivia!!

Are you the judge?

Premarital sex is not a sin. . . . at least not to me. I don't care what the bible says about it, or what any pastor says. My dick, my rules. grin

But it's a sin according to your religion of everything that is fun should be suppressed because you need to pass a test. It's ok, you are a cherry picker, I like cherry-pickers, I am one too. smiley

This doesn't answer the question; you're just eddying around the same spot.

How is my God—whom you said was punitive and ego-driven—any different from your God that did not place you in an Utopian world, but rather in a world filled with pain, troubles, war, sickness?

I have control over how I feel about this world and so my world is pretty much what people would call utopian. This is empowerment. wink

You obviously have no answer to this. What kind of loving God puts his daughter in a world where she is exposed to gangbanging and of getting Oreo'd in the alley (that's if you're light-skinned and if you know what getting Oreo'd means grin); what kind of God puts his daughter in a world where she is exposed to murder?; what kind of God puts his daughter in a world where she is exposed to racial discrimination and hate-crimes?

At this point you really need to stop hurling brickbats at the Christian God because yours that has placed you on the edge of a precipice and open to danger is no different. Now accept in humility that you just got your āss handed to you. kiss

And you ask me whether I think that you are miserable? Yes, you are.

I love this world and I embrace contrast because that's exactly what made me stronger, wiser and smarter. wink

I made mention of Ogbanje and ghosts. How is that arguing from the Christian perspective?

You are deeply rooted in this religion and your perception of the world is very much shaped by this religion that focuses on evil and sin unlike Jesus who focused on faith, love and his divine powers. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2016
Mindfulness:

Since you have more than one purpose in life, it should be easy for you to understand that other people - atheist or not - have more than one life purpose as well

You like women. I have been following you for some time now so I know. grin

Are you saying that you wouldn't enjoy them beautiful creatures if you knew that death was terminal or would you rather enjoy more of them? grin

It's hard not to like them. I mean, look at their soft baby skin, their come-hither mammary glānds, their sveltely ravishing crurals, and of course their ever-inviting glutes. It's hard not to. Trust me. grin

All is well. cool
It's not about gender inequality. It's about the lack of logic behind such stories.
I knew you wouldn't disappoint. Someone with your intellect could never take those stories literally. Anyhow, they don't appeal to me any longer. Too negative for my liking. I am a posititve person and life is much easier this way

The Almighty allowed for mere mortals to crucify him? And it makes sense to you?

He did so to demonstrate his love for humanity and to pay the ultimate ransom for sin. What greater love could there be than for a man to lay down his life for his friends?

I believe that I am an extension of God's energy and everyone else is too.
It's not about ignorance.
Nothing more than that I love life and enjoy it.
My emotions are never in my way, they are my guidance. wink
Relative to me you are. I love this world and I love life. You hope that everything will be better when you die because all you focus on is evil, wickedness and sin. I kno what it's like. I have been there and it's hard but I am in a better place now without having to die first. wink

Okay.

The All-Knowing doesn't know it after all?

That we have the free will to act as we wish doesn't make him any less omniscient. Why am I even bothering myself, this is like preaching to the choir 'cause you already have your mind made up.

Why hasn't anyone told me that before I got to nine? grin

Are you the judge?

How is kicking someone on the field as a child, or lying to your wife about drinking beer disqualify one from entering Heaven? If anything they are just venial sins. That's why I called them trivia.

But it's a sin according to your religion of everything that is fun should be suppressed because you need to pass a test. It's ok, you are a cherry picker, I like cherry-pickers, I am one too. smiley

Joseph was betrothed (not married) to Mary, and they cohabited while still not lawfully wedded. Unless I can see proof that Joseph never slept with Mary during this cohabitation period, which by the way is almost impossible considering the fact that they lived together and must have seen each other nāked at some point.

Contrary to what you think, religion does not dictate my life, neither do I follow it blindly. I do things that are not detrimental to myself and other people. Anything that's detrimental to me or others is my definition of sin. And premarital sex is not detrimental to me or anyone (thanks to condoms), so to me it is not a sin.

If I'm not supposed to have sex before marriage then I should have hit puberty at 25, not 11.

I have control over how I feel about this world and so my world is pretty much what people would call utopian. This is empowerment. wink

You may think you do, but only because you haven't seen life in its rawest form. What do you know? You were probably born with like a million golden spoons in your mouth and had mommy and daddy do everything for you.
Have you had to hold your best friend in your hands and watched him die? Or. . . . umm. . .never mind.

You can keep telling yourself what you want but life isn't fair. Most people that are happy with things are those that haven't had a slice of life, or those who choose to pretend that all is well, kinda like the placebo effect.

You keep telling yourself whatever you want but the world is full of shît. But hey, optimistic people like you are probably what the world needs right now.

And you ask me whether I think that you are miserable? Yes, you are.
I love this world and I embrace contrast because that's exactly what made me stronger, wiser and smarter. wink
You are deeply rooted in this religion and your perception of the world is very much shaped by this religion that focuses on evil and sin unlike Jesus who focused on faith, love and his divine powers. wink

Your words, not mine. You are free to believe whatever it is that you want. I find peace in my religion, that's all that matters.

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
darkenedrebel:

It's hard not to like them. I mean, look at their soft baby skin, their come-hither mammary glānds, their sveltely ravishing crurals, and of course their ever-inviting glutes. It's hard not to. Trust me. grin

grin

He did so to demonstrate his love for humanity and to pay the ultimate ransom for sin. What greater love could there be than for a man to lay down his life for his friends?

I can think of a 1000 more better ways to demonstrate one's love.

Okay.
That we have the free will to act as we wish doesn't make him any less omniscient. Why am I even bothering myself, this is like preaching to the choir 'cause you already have your mind made up.

I have.

How is kicking someone on the field as a child, or lying to your wife about drinking beer disqualify one from entering Heaven? If anything they are just venial sins. That's why I called them trivia.

And killing someone and by doing so sending them to paradise is bad? cheesy

Joseph was betrothed (not married) to Mary, and they cohabited while still not lawfully wedded. Unless I can see proof that Joseph never slept with Mary during this cohabitation period, which by the way is almost impossible considering the fact that they lived together and must have seen each other nāked at some point.

Contrary to what you think, religion does not dictate my life, neither do I follow it blindly. I do things that are not detrimental to myself and other people. Anything that's detrimental to me or others is my definition of sin. And premarital sex is not detrimental to me or anyone (thanks to condoms), so to me it is not a sin.

I didn't think religion was dictating your life. I hold you in high regard and I wouldn't if I were thinking that you are blind.

If I'm not supposed to have sex before marriage then I should have hit puberty at 25, not 11.

grin grin grin

You may think you do, but only because you haven't seen life in its rawest form. What do you know? You were probably born with like a million golden spoons in your mouth and had mommy and daddy do everything for you.
Have you had to hold your best friend in your hands and watched him die? Or. . . . umm. . .never mind.

I knew you would say something like this sooner or later, people always do but I have seen life in its rawest form but we don't want to have a pity party here.

You can keep telling yourself what you want but life isn't fair. Most people that are happy with things are those that haven't had a slice of life, or those who choose to pretend that all is well, kinda like the placebo effect.

Well, you can choose to focus on the problems but I choose to focus on the solutions. wink

You keep telling yourself whatever you want but the world is full of shît. But hey, optimistic people like you are probably what the world needs right now.

The world is made of contrast. There are always two ends of the stick. We wouldn't know peace if we didn't know war and we wouldn't know happiness without sadness so it all serves its purpose and I consciously focus on the good instead of complaining and lamenting over the bad. It's really that simple to be happy and full of joy.

I was talking to a friend this evening and she told me about a problem she had that she was trying to solve today and she was feeling down and worried. And I said, look, right now there is nothing you can do about it because it's late and you have nine areas in your life that are going well for you but instead of focusing on them, you choose to poison this beautiful evening with this particular problem, about which you can do nothing in this moment. So why don't you try to think of the good things in your life and relax. Trust me, you will have more energy to solve your problem tomorrow if you do this instead of worrying and as a result feeling drained tomorrow.

People have made a habit of focusing on the bad and it's this cogitation that makes them unhappy. Appreciation and constant and conscious mind control is the key to success.

Your words, not mine. You are free to believe whatever it is that you want. I find peace in my religion, that's all that matters.

I am glad you do but I think that you deserve more than that. I speak from experience. I was once someone who believed that I will find perfect happiness in paradise after life put me through hardship and God tested my character. I discovered later that I can have perfect joy and happiness before I die. Life can be effortless, trust me and that does not mean that you will live in a perfect environment but it means that you will have control over your emotions and always strive toward feeling good no matter what conditions you are surrounded by.

I am currently confronted with a situation that has the power to break people but I choose to strive in the knowledge that God is not testing me but leading me to where I want to be because God loves and adores us, all of us. kiss
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by shuggah(m): 1:12am On Aug 18, 2016
i wont argue but mr seun i pray for u everyday..one day u will confess with ur own mouth that there is God nd that we all didnt just come to exist but that God created us in his own image..may the love of Jesus christ be with u..i pray for u
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by cloudgoddess(f): 11:33am On Aug 18, 2016
Touchnot01:
Somehow, just somehow, seun and other atheist assume that every one wants to live the family man life. Some people want to go about on a killing spree because it makes them happy, who are atheists to tell these ones what to do.
Those are what are called psychopaths/sociopaths and they are an obvious danger to society. Which is why developed, secular countries have mental institutions to keep them from causing harm and even attempt to help them.

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Seun(m): 11:55am On Aug 18, 2016
Touchnot01:
Some people want to go about on a killing spree because it makes them happy, who are atheists to tell these ones what to do.
Religion hasn't stopped people like Osama Bin Laden, Shekau, ISIS, etc from going about on killing sprees. It motivates the suicide aspect.

cloudgoddess:

Those are what are called psychopaths/sociopaths and they are an obvious danger to society. Which is why developed, secular countries have mental institutions to keep them from causing harm and even attempt to help them.
Yep. And prisons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by OkaiCorne(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
Seun:
Religion hasn't stopped people like Osama Bin Laden, Shekau, ISIS, etc from going about on killing sprees. It motivates the suicide aspect.

Yep. And prisons.

Hello Seun, I trust you are doing great. And of course you must be super busy.

I would like to discuss some strategic matters with you if you don't mind.

Kindly advise how best we can discuss.

Best Regards.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Immorttal: 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
Acidosis:
I don't have to read the posts here, but why don't you all spend your time preaching against illiteracy?

Illiteracy rate in Nigeria is high; we have more illiterate than religious folks. Many people don't go to Churches by the way. However, we have more agberos on the streets of Lagos who cannot compose the simplest English statement.

To persons (e.g. me) who had the opportunity to gain education, sorry, a million atheists cannot convince me that there is no supreme being somewhere. Don't waste your time. We have gained enough education to know what's best for us.

Channel this energy to Illiteracy rate, it is almost higher in Nigeria than any nation in the world. (#fact from Data).
Even if there is a supreme being who told you he needs your worship,try to be realistic.Think freely and challenge your mental powers then you'll realised the truth is not far and unlikely.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by faceland: 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
Don't try it, they would make sure you fail and blame your lack of faith. Even police asks for your religion when writing statement. If you have sense, you would keep your unbelief to yourself.
Don't be a scapegoat o!
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by obils2: 12:54am On Aug 21, 2016
you have really said it man,the day i will go to north to preach,my go son must follow me.how will someone die just because u want to change ppls mentality and u still hv little children nt considering there well being.i am certain that 85% of those that evangelise are poor who cannot feed themselves but hope for 2morrow
Seun:
Religious People Are Suffering & They Need Our Help

People often ask outspoken atheists why they like to argue with religious people. "If you don't believe in God", they ask, "why do you spend so much time attacking people's religious beliefs?" They often respond by saying, "religious people keep trying to impose their religious beliefs on us through evangelism and politics, so we have to defend ourselves." Atheists who don't feel threatened usually choose to remain silent. I used to be a pretty quiet atheist myself, until I noticed something about religious people that I hadn't noticed before. Religious people are suffering!

Religion is not a harmless delusion. It's not a benign folly that merely wastes people's time. It's a malignant malady that systematically robs the majority of humanity of their freedom, pleasure, joy, comfort, knowledge, intelligence, health, money, lives, and much more. It would be selfish of us as atheists who are free from religion not to make every effort to free people from religion so that they can have much better lives.

Many religious people are not allowed to have blood transfusions. This means thousands of religious men, women and children have died from treatable medical conditions, such as pregnancies with any kind of complications, non-fatal car accidents, treatable gunshot wounds, etc. simply because they are not allowed to accept blood transfusions. So many children have become orphans needlessly; so many men and women became widows and widowers; so many fathers and mothers lost their children. All because of a religious rule that make no sense at all.

Many religious people are forbidden by their religions from enjoying most of the good things in life. Things like secular or instrumental music, fine art, poetry, sculpture, owning dogs, wearing make-up, friendship with the opposite sex, eating ram meat, eating sausages, pleasuring yourself or the opposite sex, watching fantasy movies or reading fantasy novels like harry potter, making friends outside the religion, dancing, tattoos, playing ludo because it relies on luck, barbie dolls, sexy clothes etc. Can you imagine what your life would be like if you had to forgo most of these wonderful things? Horribly boring. You'd probably kill yourself. I guess that's why many religious people are violent.

Most religious people believe in the afterlife. As a result, instead of focusing on the current life and making it as enjoyable as possible for themselves, their friends, and family members, they often endure miserable lives in the hope that they'll be rewarded after they die. An extreme case of this is the case of suicide bombers and religious fighters who embrace violent deaths for the sake of an imaginary paradise.

Many religious people are pressured to give a sizable proportion of their income to the religious establishments they worship with. Poor people are taught that the best way to get rich is not to save their money and invest in education and entrepreneurship, but to "sow" it by giving it to their rich religious leaders who will use it to live flamboyantly, and build religious monuments to attract more cash cows. When this stupid idea of "sowing"doesn't make the poor people rich, they are told that it's because they don't have faith, have sin in their lives, etc.

Many religious people are made to believe that the secret to good health and healing is prayer, having been brainwashed by dishonest sermons and misleading testimonies. When they have health problems, instead of going to good hospitals, they embark on prayer and fasting. When their friends slump due to heart attacks or strokes or seizures, they start praying on them instead of rushing them to good hospitals where they can get competent medical help. People have died of curable diseases like malaria because they didn't accept treatment until it was too late.

Many religious people are tolerant and liberal by nature, but due to certain verses in their holy scriptures, they feel that they must be intolerant of various groups of people that God supposedly doesn't like, such as lesbians and transexuals. They are against abortion, which they think is murder, but also against sex education, which reduces abortion rates dramatically, because they think it may encourage premarital safe sex. As a result their daughters end up getting pregnant outside wedlock, having illegal abortions, and dying despite their opposition to abortion.

Many religious people are women, and it sucks to be them because the scriptures of the major religions are clearly sexist. One scripture claims that women must be quiet and submit to men because man were created first and woman came from man, which is rather suspicious because in real life it's women who give birth to men. Another scripture proudly asserts that woman are deficient in intelligence and piety. There are almost no female prophets, apostles or disciples. The few famous women in major scriptures are famous not for personal exploits but for giving birth to important men, marrying them, or leading them astray (Eve, Jezebel). Religious women can't live up to their full potential.

And don't even get me started on the horrible treatment of "demon-possessed" people (the mentally ill) and "child witches".

Clearly, religious people are suffering. Our parents, siblings, and children. Our friends, crushes, and admirers. Our colleague, bosses, and employees. To save them, we who are atheists must come out of our closets and start speaking out; challenging them and educating them.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Seun(m): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
faceland:
Don't try it, they would make sure you fail and blame your lack of faith. If you have sense, you would keep your unbelief to yourself.
It's a trade-off. On one hand, being outspoken can lead to victimization, but on the other hand, it can make you feel much better and happier.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by CaptEColeJnr: 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
Seun:
It's a trade-off. On one hand, being outspoken can lead to victimization, but on the other hand, it can make you feel much better and happier.
Seun!
If you really wanna prove your belief,then you can on the basis of the questions am about to throw!

If you're indded an atheist as you claim to be,then why are you against the protrayal of Homosexuality,Lesbianism,Transgender,Bi-sexuality on Nairaland Forum.

-I believe the reson many African and Asian countries have refused to legalize Homosexuality is on the basis of Religion and Culture.. They go pari-pasu. So why are you against them?

-According to research, Religion is the main reason why many Homosexuals become atheists,because no religion supports their sexual orientation. And here is Seun Osewa who claims to be atheistic and still bans Homosexuality? Isn't it rather ironical?

Conclusion:You're just an 'atheist' struggling in-between a dilemma of RELIGION and ATHEISM.

Your atheismm was largely influenced by the fact that the people you majorly look up to (Mark Zuckerberg,Bill Gates) are atheists. So you just felt so influenced and affluenced by their non-belief in God and felt you should just follow suit.

Many so-called atheists are mostly found in religion forums arguing with believers just because they are caught up in. A sine-qua-non situation of having to force themselves to believe their is no God and yet an "inner-voice" speaks to them that indeed there's God. (I don't need you to admit all I said,because I know that you know that I'm right).

Finally,I find it rather ludicrous for someone like you who spent your entire life so-far in Nigeria,a very religious nation with a lot of religious influence on her citizens tonly claim to be an atheist which further corroborates my initial opinions about your "new belief".

Reflect on these words. It's E.Cole Jnr signing out cool

JESUS is Lord

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by JackBizzle: 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
Seun!
If you really wanna prove your belief,then you can on the basis of the questions am about to throw!

If you're indded an atheist as you claim to be,then why are you against the protrayal of Homosexuality,Lesbianism,Transgender,Bi-sexuality on Nairaland Forum.

-I believe the reson many African and Asian countries have refused to legalize Homosexuality is on the basis of Religion and Culture.. They go pari-pasu. So why are you against them?

-According to research, Religion is the main reason why many Homosexuals become atheists,because no religion supports their sexual orientation. And here is Seun Osewa who claims to be atheistic and still bans Homosexuality? Isn't it rather ironical?

Conclusion:You're just an 'atheist' struggling in-between a dilemma of RELIGION and ATHEISM.

Your atheismm was largely influenced by the fact that the people you majorly look up to (Mark Zuckerberg,Bill Gates) are atheists. So you just felt so influenced and affluenced by their non-belief in God and felt you should just follow suit.

Many so-called atheists are mostly found in religion forums arguing with believers just because they are caught up in. A sine-qua-non situation of having to force themselves to believe their is no God and yet an "inner-voice" speaks to them that indeed there's God. (I don't need you to admit all I said,because I know that you know that I'm right).

Finally,I find it rather ludicrous for someone like you who spent your entire life so-far in Nigeria,a very religious nation with a lot of religious influence on her citizens tonly claim to be an atheist which further corroborates my initial opinions about your "new belief".

Reflect on these words. It's E.Cole Jnr signing out cool

JESUS is Lord

Excuse me, please look-up the definition of "atheism" before you talk about atheism. It is because of ignorant comments like yours that more and more christians become atheists.

First of all Seun did not become an atheist because other rich people's lives. He examined the evidence and found that there was none for God. Also, the bible was found lacking and backwards for modern life.

A book that regulates slavery?
A racist God that put Jews above everyone?
A God that turns people into pillar of salt for looking back?

It is your choice to be a christian. However, note that the most developed nations have put christianity behind, their christian numbers dwindle every passing day. Europe becomes atheistic every other day. Even christianity is losing ground in America.

Again, I respect your choice to be a christian and I expect you to respect my choice not to be religious.

3 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by CaptEColeJnr: 7:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
JackBizzle:

Excuse me, please look-up the definition of "atheism" before you talk about atheism. It is because of ignorant comments like yours that more and more christians become atheists.

First of all Seun did not become an atheist because other rich people's lives. He examined the evidence and found that there was none for God. Also, the bible was found lacking and backwards for modern life.

A book that regulates slavery?
A racist God that put Jews above everyone?
A God that turns people into pillar of salt for looking back?

It is your choice to be a christian. However, note that the most developed nations have put christianity behind, their christian numbers dwindle every passing day. Europe becomes atheistic every other day. Even christianity is losing ground in America.

Again, I respect your choice to be a christian and I expect you to respect my choice not to be religious.
Oh dude!

In what position are you to speak for Seun? Ok fine! Let's assume those were his reasons.
Firstly,I don't know what da hell you meant by 'a book that regulates slavery' ... Because as far as. I've been reading the Bible, I have known that the Bible has always been against slavery,if not,why did God save the children of Israel from Egyptian slavery? Why did God also save them from Babylon? After ensuring they had learnt their lesson of disobeying Him, then he took them outta slavery.

Secondly,God was never racist,he took the Jews at top priority because they were the only ones serving THE REAl GOD.the rest were idol-worshippers, God will never take you at top priority if you don't serve Him! .. However,foreigners who were willing to worship God were welcomed by the Jews. It's only fair!

Thirdly,God is a God of His words,if he says "Do this,if you don't,this will be the consequence" then He ensure He keeps His word. God does nothing without His Word. That's why God and His Word are One!

But that happened. In the Old Testament,Lots wife turned into a pillar of. Salt because of the less grace. And enormous sins of mankind. Such a thing can't happen now because JESUS has died,he has shed his blood for ud,now there's abundant Grace and Mercy.

You are always welcome in the House of the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Seun(m): 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
But that happened. In the Old Testament,Lots wife turned into a pillar of. Salt because of the less grace. And enormous sins of mankind. Such a thing can't happen now because JESUS has died,he has shed his blood for ud,now there's abundant Grace and Mercy.
Is that so? What about Ananias and Sapphira? See www.nairaland.com/3265021 for more.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by CaptEColeJnr: 9:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
Seun:
Is that so? What about Ananias and Sapphira? See www.nairaland.com/3265021 for more.
I'm glad you raised the question of Ananias and Sapphira.
The church had just begun then,the new-converts knew little or nothing about their newly-found faith. Consequently,many of them would try to cheat God by lying to the apostles just for their own selfish benefits.

This was exactly what Ananias and his wife tried to do,but hence comes the question...... WHY DID GOD KILL THEM?

Because, the couple showed a great degree of Hypocrisy and Lies despite the fact that they were saved by the Holy Spirit.
Therefore,God made them the scapegoats in order to send a message to the church and to generations of. Christians to come that such grave sin wiould not be tolerated. The Church was new then,the believers were once idol-worshippers,so God needed tothem know that Christianity is DIFFERENT from every other religion.

Check Acts Chapter 5:11 (The whole church and allothers who heard of their death were terrified) that way they would think twice before cheating God. Their death served as a deterrent.

Let's look at Hebrews 12:8. (If you're not punished,as all his children are,it means you're not real children but bastards) that scripture alone justifies God's actions.

But God's grace is sufficient for we Christians,we are not killed despite our grave sins because of the Blood of Jesus! The grace increses every morning smiley
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by faceland: 3:49am On Aug 23, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
I believe the reson many African and Asian countries have refused to legalize Homosexuality is on the basis of Religion and Culture.. They go pari-pasu. So why are you against them?
JESUS is Lord

Being an atheist is not a cult, it just mean you don't BELIEVE in the existence of a God.
Although I see your point; an atheist is far more likely to be 'open-minded'. As of Sean, he was probably raised in a conservative society like ours. He would have to be a bustard if he is not (even slightly) influenced by the CULTure he was raised in.

It is the Western way to let a child loose. They tell their kids, "Go, research, and make up your mind", while ours prefer to indoctrinate the child to have our own values.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by faceland: 4:12am On Aug 23, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
Firstly,I don't know what da hell you meant by 'a book that regulates slavery' ... Because as far as. I've been reading the Bible, I have known that the Bible has always been against slavery,if not,why did God save the children of Israel from Egyptian slavery? Why did God also save them from Babylon? After ensuring they had learnt their lesson of disobeying Him, then he took them outta slavery.

Based on the Old Testament, their are a lot of things you might NOT be proud of in the Holy Bible... First of all, God said he never changes (when the laws of Moses was written). A curse was placed on anyone who altered the law of Moses (even by a small comma).

God might have freed the children of Israel from slavery, but all he gave them once belonged to a sinful society. They took it by spilling of blood and force. They forcefully raped and married the virgin captive girls (and their are laws that regulates that). Of course, IT WAS OLD TESTERMENT.

Another thing that scars me is the stories of talking snakes, talking donkeys, fish swallowing someone and he lives in the belly, people hearing voices from burning bush that the fire didn't consume the bush (hallucination, because it was all in his head otherwise it would burn up: Laws of Nature) and so on. In Nigeria we hear of religious leaders duping/controlling the poor while they live in luxury. Citizens having hallucinations of witches flying, spiritual husband (lust), and so on. We need a society of rational thinking people, may be that part of the reason the country is so backward.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by CaptEColeJnr: 9:19am On Aug 23, 2016
faceland:

Based on the Old Testament, their are a lot of things you might NOT be proud of in the Holy Bible... First of all, God said he never changes (when the laws of Moses was written). A curse was placed on anyone who altered the law of Moses (even by a small comma).

God might have freed the children of Israel from slavery, but all he gave them once belonged to a sinful society. They took it by spilling of blood and force. They forcefully raped and married the virgin captive girls (and their are laws that regulates that). Of course, IT WAS OLD TESTERMENT.

Another thing that scars me is the stories of talking snakes, talking donkeys, fish swallowing someone and he lives in the belly, people hearing voices from burning bush that the fire didn't consume the bush (hallucination, because it was all in his head otherwise it would burn up: Laws of Nature) and so on. In Nigeria we hear of religious leaders duping/controlling the poor while they live in luxury. Citizens having hallucinations of witches flying, spiritual husband (lust), and so on. We need a society of rational thinking people, may be that part of the reason the country is so backward.
You are reading the Bible from a human point of view,try and look at it from. A spiritual vantage point.(God is spirit).

The reason for the harsh law of Moses was because mankind were still suffering from the sin of Adam and Eve. There was NO GRACE.

For this reason,the Son Of Man was made manifest so that he might destroy the works of the devil. Then came Jesus,who mitigated the law by summarising it into two basic phrases. "Love Your God" and "Love Your Neighbour"...... Then by dying,the sin of Adam were cancelled, because Grace has been brought down by the blood
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Seun(m): 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
[color=#550000]WHY DID GOD KILL THEM?
God made them the scapegoats in order to send a message to the church and to generations of. Christians to come that such grave sin would not be tolerated.
That's really nasty. He could have sent the message without killing anybody.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by CaptEColeJnr: 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
Seun:
That's really nasty. He could have sent the message without killing anybody. It suggests that God has not forsaken his bloodthirsty ways.

Ananias and Sapphira were Christians, yet God killed them, according to the bible. He might kill you tomorrow to send a new message.
No,he won't ... His grace is abundant enough! God already passed the. Message through Ananias and his wife! It has been recorded in the Bible and generations have read it abd generations to come will still read it.

God has two sides --MERCY & JUSTICE. The latter side can be activated ONLY BY YOURSELF. Ifsn't careful,onemight incur the wrath of God, e./. The witches/wizards,the evil-doers,the ritualists etc.

That's why one needs to be saved. You might have lost your relationship with God but you haven't lost your place in Heaven. The Kingdom welcomes we sinners so long you're. Sorry for your sins.

GOD DOES NOT MIND OUR DOUBT SO LONG WE ARE SEEKING TO KNOW HIM MORE
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by pablobellins(m): 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
mr seun, can u pls read through the book of revelation. I would like to know the atheist views on that book. pls make a thread on it sir. and I so wish u mention me.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by winner01(m): 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
4everGod:

He is evolving! He was once a passive, reclusive Atheist then he became a bit more outspoken, now he is demanding that all atheists should become outspoken, next is most likely Militancy. They never know until they get there because right now he is trying to recruit disciples.
A very fine line between cool and terror.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Is It True That Some Pastors Fornicate With Their Members? / I Practised Christianity For 30 Years; Black Magic For 9 Years, But None Worked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 245
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.