Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Nigerian atheists should take several seats - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian atheists should take several seats (4658 Views)

Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) / Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) / Atheists Should Stop Fighting Religion Now! VERY Important (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 10:31am On Aug 15, 2016
braithwaite:

What they aren't...

Explain that abeg

They arent Christians. If I said atheists, they'll say atheism is not a thing, but a lack of something.
Why do they want to encourage us to lack what they lack?
Who lack epp?
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 10:36am On Aug 15, 2016
4everGod:

we dont need that T shirt here in Naija. 95% of Nigerians do not even know what Atheism is grin grin

Lol, na so sef.

Its like giving credence to unimportance.
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by hopefulLandlord: 10:38am On Aug 15, 2016
winner01:
This guy, you just say some long nonsense without thinking undecided. Dont you have anything in your head.
How is Nigeria trying the religious way undecided

We are arguably the most religious country in the world, you and I can't argue that religion has influence in almost every sector in Nigeria

Or did they call us most religious for nothing?
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2016
winner01:
This guy, you just say some long nonsense without thinking undecided. Dont you have anything in your head.
How is Nigeria trying the religious way undecided

I don't bother replying him , whenever I see that he mentioned me , I just skip his post to the next mention without reading his post grin . I can't waste my time reading trash smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 11:12am On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

We are arguably the most religious country in the world, you and I can't argue that religion has influence in almost every sector in Nigeria

Georgia, Armenia, Thailand, Yemen, Indonesia, Srilanka, e.t.c are more religious than Nigeria.
Those promoting such lies are atheists who have the internet at their disposal.

Just as the lady in the op said, you cant take away hope for a better tomorrow where people are suffering.
Other countries have reasons for being religious, many religious countries have prospered.
Africa has its own problem. You people cant capitalize on that. There is no single study that shows the correllation between atheism and development. All you have are assumptiins and speculations. Ive posted several studies showing links between religiousity and positivity, post yours and prove us wrong (scientifically).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I don't bother replying him , whenever I see that he mentioned me , I just skip his post to the next mention without reading his post grin . I can't waste my time reading trash smiley
The annoying thing is that his posts are long and empty.
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by braithwaite(m): 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
winner01:
They arent Christians. If I said atheists, they'll say atheism is not a thing, but a lack of something.
Why do they want to encourage us to lack what they lack?
Who lack epp?

Is it a crime to think for yourself without someone/somebook reference?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2016
braithwaite:

I think far better than you. Most theists do. No one tells me what to do except my Creator cos I didnt come here on my own. You people who think you created yourselves or chance created you cant tell us what or how not to think, cos the universe does not care what you think.
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by hopefulLandlord: 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
winner01:
Georgia, Armenia, Thailand, Yemen, Indonesia, Srilanka, e.t.c are more religious than Nigeria.
Those promoting such lies are atheists who have the internet at their disposal.

Just as the lady in the op said, you cant take away hope for a better tomorrow where people are suffering.
Other countries have reasons for being religious, many religious countries have prospered.
Africa has its own problem. You people cant capitalize on that. There is no single study that shows the correllation between atheism and development. All you have are assumptiins and speculations. Ive posted several studies showing links between religiousity and positivity, post yours and prove us wrong (scientifically).

That kinda "hope" has its disadvantages bro but I understand you
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by braithwaite(m): 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by braithwaite(m): 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2016
winner01:
I think far better than you.

Cant laugh..no reason to argue on this..

winner01:
most theists do. No one tells me what to do except my Creator cos I didnt come here on my own. You people who think you created yourselves or chance created you cant tell us what or how not to think, cos the universe does not care what you think.

Atheists are just like you theists, some of us are nice, some are really nice, some of us are not so nice and some are just silly wankers It's not because they're atheists though, it's because they're people. In every demographic, the negative elements can be loud, so it's easy to see the whole group in a negative light because of the bad attitudes of a few.

Winner01 comparing how you think with mine is far too lame..you know why? YOUR THINKING HAS LIMITS... MINE DOESN'T ...you think what you're accustomed to,and youre bn bind by faith and all...WE THINK OUTSIDE THOSE SCHEMES..

And do get this,As a matter of fact, it usually requires quite the humbling and sobering epiphany to cause one to remit ones claims to know of the existence of a god. however, this doesnt mean that all theist don't think.. they do, but they seems to turned back form the reality and still get stucked with that word FAITH..

Pls THINK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
braithwaite:

Cant laugh..no reason to argue on this..

Most theists do. No one tells me what to do except my Creator cos I didnt come here on my own. You people who think you created yourselves or chance created you cant tell us what or how not to think, cos the universe does not care what you think.

Atheists are just like you theists, some of us are nice, some are really nice, some of us are not so nice and some are just silly wankers It's not because they're atheists though, it's because they're people. In every demographic, the negative elements can be loud, so it's easy to see the whole group in a negative light because of the bad attitudes of a few.

Winner01 comparing how you think with mine is far too lame..you know why? YOUR THINKING HAS LIMITS... MINE DOESN'T ...you think what you're accustomed to,and youre bn bind by faith and all...WE THINK OUTSIDE THOSE SCHEMES..

And do get this,As a matter of fact, it usually requires quite the humbling and sobering epiphany to cause one to remit ones claims to know of the existence of a god. however, this doesnt mean that all theist don't think.. they do, but they seems to turned back form the reality and still get stucked with that word FAITH..

Pls THINK

Can you explain how my thinking has limits?
Out thinking box is not limited to material universe alone. I think atheists are angry because their worldview is limited to the material, thats why they try to invite us to such closed box by tellung us constantly that "all we have is here and now".... I'm sorry, but we dont wanna be reduced to such.

Most people who discovered the fields of science you all wanna hijack were thinking outside your box, they were theists.

so what exactly do you people want? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

That kinda "hope" has its disadvantages bro but I understand you
Just what are the disadvantages?
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by braithwaite(m): 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2016
winner01:
Can you explain how my thinking has limits?
Out thinking box is not limited to material universe alone. I think atheists are angry because their worldview is limited to the material, thats why they try to invite us to such closed box by tellung us constantly that "all we have is here and now".... I'm sorry, but we dont wanna be reduced to such.

Most people who discovered the fields of science you all wanna hijack were thinking outside your box, they were theists.

so what exactly do you people want? undecided

Am on transit good brother.. don't have the liberty to write...

I want you to think..

Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 12:03am On Aug 16, 2016
braithwaite:

Am on transit good brother.. don't have the liberty to write...

I want you to think..

Think about what?
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 11:57am On Aug 16, 2016
?
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
braithwaite:

Can you give me three conclusions you arrived at using your thought processes alone, without reference to a book/someones existing knowledge.
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by braithwaite(m): 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
winner01:
Can you give me three conclusions you arrived at using your thought processes alone, without reference to a book/someones existing knowledge.

[b]

Loolz..

i'm not here to argue who wins or who lose, you don't have to tell me to list out my conclusion applying my thinking process alone..we are wired differently..let me educate you /no offense meant..

Going through life, it is important that i take everything i see, hear, and observefor granted. Instead,I form my own opinions and ask myself why these things matter, regardless of why they may matter more or less to other people. Because it’s a bit like listening to them ,telling me about their religious beliefs and all..

There's lot of this around,which are full of their own life experiences, depression that lead to christ acceptance,or seeking of deliverance and all,as well as how they arrive with such background, the way they were raised, the education they received or did not receive, mistakes they made, personal fears or concerns, doctrine they think are important to them, heavenly values they place high above others, and that may or may not be aligned to other religious doctrine . Just because someone tells me what they think about something, doesn’t automatically make it a fact. It’s just their version of reality,what they think, how they feel, why they consider it important to talk about on that particularly,but it likely not what reality means to me..

You're religious,am not ,that's what us human.. we can't be all same.. either through someone's thinking or your personal opinion.. it all revert back to a conclusion, someone proceed the thinking and place out the idea..people see,hear,read and accept while others doesn't even accept..why should that be a problem

Now am not saying you shouldnt follow your religious belief or faith..can you put that aside for thirty minutes and ask those questions tarrying in our minds and think over them..

>who create this fictional God.. *fictional :IMAGINARY human wer told to believe is the supreme being..

>Which is the true God/religion .. Allah,Jesus, Zeus,buddha. Christainity,islam,and all..

>Why does he allow the confusion..since he's the said omnipresent, omniscient, omni this and omni that.. there's no need for me to see a special sign or attest to a miracle before I need knowing..

Nyt bro

[/b]
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by mabea: 7:56am On Aug 19, 2016
efismikoko:

Are you serious well you have not met me sha
Well I dint become an athiest because of emotional trauma of any sort neither drug poo
Nice article but this just makes people lazy
A widow whom has not been paid for months don't need to steal all she need is work harder look for another good source of income to sustain herself than relying on manner from heaven which will not come and so does the girl that was raped she should focus her energy on how to get justice than relying on justice from a fairy god.

The Bible has made us lazy kai when a poor man see a rich man he says it's his destiny to be rich while his own destiny is to be poor. Instead of him to work harder use his brain however he can to be successful he listens to one pastor that tells him God said HE WILL FAVOUR WHO HE WILL FAVOUR making the poor either to fast and pray for God's favour or takes heart that he is not to be favoured by God

Listen, this earth belongs to all of us we are all equal and we have equal right we need to kill that mentality that some people should be successful while others shouldn't and this mentality came from religious people abeg
Is that the only thing you saw from the article? The writer of this article focuses on the fact that atheism preaches hopelessness which does not agree with the nigerian spirit. Bros think again.what do you think that will happen to that woman lying helplessly in that hospital bed with no words of encouragement that everything will be alright, guess it's her fate so she should accept it after all things just happen.Just like people are bound to be sick on this earth so they are bound to be healed as well.

Nigerian atheists don't actually broaden their views to objective reasoning,they only see christians (pastors) as scammers which I believe is what contributed to their claim of atheism.This is why I don't take them serious.
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 9:20am On Aug 21, 2016
mabea:
Is that the only thing you saw from the article? The writer of this article focuses on the fact that atheism preaches hopelessness which does not agree with the nigerian spirit. Bros think again.what do you think that will happen to that woman lying helplessly in that hospital bed with no words of encouragement that everything will be alright, guess it's her fate so she should accept it after all things just happen.Just like people are bound to be sick on this earth so they are bound to be healed as well.

Nigerian atheists don't actually broaden their views to objective reasoning,they only see christians (pastors) as scammers which I believe is what contributed to their claim of atheism.This is why I don't take them serious.
Very well said my sister!
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 11:12am On Aug 26, 2016
undecided
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 11:43am On Aug 28, 2016
smiley
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 4:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Did Religious Britain suffer any negative influence anytime in the past?
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 8:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
cheesy
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 7:31am On Oct 02, 2016
happy sunday
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
wink
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 5:49pm On Oct 13, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Like I said both of them have their flaws, its not by force to chose one
Maybe you should tell your brothers this.
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
smiley
Re: Nigerian atheists should take several seats by winner01(m): 11:54am On Mar 10, 2018
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Hate Islam / "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" / Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.