Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm (11409 Views)

British Lady Cried Out After Seeing The Picture Of Her Man Marrying Another Lady / People In These Professions Are More Likely To Cheat On Their Partners. / Lion Tries To Harm Baby On Live TV – See What The Mother Did (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm by Shym3xx: 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
kaziblake:
Not watching

Lol. Did I hurt ya feelings, luv?

Hey, I just don't want to commit manslaughter cos I'm a rough rider and my weight on you would be disastrous. grin

Come give papi chulo some sugar. tongue
Re: Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
Nope! Thanks for offering thoughsmiley
ActOfWar:

Lol I almost forgot you have this sweet side in you. Babe its high time we moved this convo. To a better platform, don't you think?
Re: Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm by Shym3xx: 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
interloper:

Big guy am kool like dat! Being a whirlwind of relocation and adjusting to new environments that created my scarcity online all along but thank goodness be heading back to Europe in a few weeks from now and I align back to my defacto life.......... offshore work and life not so adventurous sometimes.

I did make a few cameo appearances on that forum in the last few weeks....... Tagged you I believe but every one seems to have upgraded to some hard-core aboriginal names and I really don't know who is who again but I am walking my way back as time and opportunity permits from hence....... Miss you guys dearly.

I hope some kind of Renaissance or social rebirth comes to play in the black family and communities because we are just not holding things down nicely on many fronts.

We need to start looking at ourselves straight in the eyes and tell ourselves some serious home truths, we have not faired fantastically globally in celebrating and nurturing good family units nurtured with love and care within our societies and I think we all share some blame individually and collectively.

Hurts me as a man when I hear the black woman is the least desirable of all races when it comes to interracial dating, might sound racially chauvinistic or stereotypically but for fact statistics don't lie and sadly this is true.........even the Asians and Indians are rated higher than us! Sadly

Am just using this as one of the many examples that the black girl child might internalize her self worth with, why does she have to struggle to be loved by her fellow black brothers? why does she get labeled as an angry black woman when she conveys her pain and frustration with so much passion? why does she get overlooked despite her brilliance in many human endeavors or being told she doesn't fit into the mainstream culture!

I know the system is pretty tough on us melanin folks but we just have to continue the positive conversation and portrayal of our people and hope in no time the burden of proving ourselves beyond all reasonable doubts will cease and the benefits will cascade to the younger girls/boys, hopefully they can in turn find joy and happiness from within and be better self assured to face the challenges of life without having to deal with all this cobwebs of racism, sexism and color bar.

Yes, I hear that, big bro. At least, you’re able to experience different cultures and that helps a great deal in understanding humanity better. That’s my dream and, environment change is the new frontier for me. It’s always good to be dynamic. Being in one place doesn’t really help when it comes to outlook, hence I tend to sway around different cultures in cyberspace, just to understand why people are the way they’re and the best possible way to relate to them.

You didn’t really miss much by staying off the internet. There’s nothing to miss on a medium where all types of frauds, psychos, nutjobs, and sociopaths gather lol. I haven’t been on the other board for time now – I just decided to leave due to certain issues. Good to see you and I’m glad everything is alright with you.

I honestly don’t know about the renaissance because we missed the ship in the 60s and 70s when there was a lot of steam with black power movement. But white people were smart enough to use divide and conquer to quell that and, we’ve been fragmented since. Hence I don’t see any renaissance on the horizon. Everyone is just so different now and we’ve lost our sense of community. I just think people need to start accepting responsibilities for their own individual failures and start making sure that their kids won’t repeat the same mistakes they made.

Also, a lot of these black women are the architects of their own misfortunes. Nobody wants to be around problematic, aggressive, and confrontational sociopaths. There aren’t the only ones the society views a certain way – so why should black men who endure far worse than they do, be at the receiving end of their drama? The average guy is trying to find peace and happiness in a relationship with his desired partner – not more problems. And the funniest thing is that: the same women who’re problematic when it comes to black men are always useful/willing slaves when it comes to white men. They just need to sort themselves out and do better, starting from their mums.

1 Like

Re: Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
daretodiffer:
Nope! Thanks for offering thoughsmiley
Lol never expected a positive reply from you Na, shey be Na you.. How are you?
Re: Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 19, 2016
I am good. You?
ActOfWar:
Lol never expected a positive reply from you Na, shey be Na you.. How are you?
Re: Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm by Dullahi(m): 6:54am On Aug 19, 2016
Wow..
Re: Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
daretodiffer:
I am good. You?
Re: Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm by doveda: 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2016
Check your mail
ActOfWar:
Everything seems boring. You mind telling me how u coined ur monikers(d2d and do.ve.da)
Re: Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
daretodiffer:
I am good. You?
jumat Mubarak smiley Sorry it's coming late..check ur mail
Re: Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2016
daretodiffer:
I am good. You?
I am doing good. Turn on ur mail notification pls
Re: Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm by AlphaJazz: 5:24am On Jun 23, 2021
Pg1. 2016
I acceed to the fact that black girls are more susceptible to self-harm than black men due to the emotional fragility of females. But I do not believe that black girls have numerical superiority over black men as regards who is more prone to having a mental illness(es)—I think we are on an equal playing ground in that department.

As this article says, the stigma that we unwittingly attach to mental illnesses and people living with depression is the main reason why people shirk from paying timely visits to a therapist—a move that could have proactively stymied the chances of ugly and very avoidable disaster(s) from making it to the surface—but would rather choose to live in self-denial, which by the way is the first stage of sadness according to the Kübbler-Ross Model. The second being Anger, followed by Bargaining, and then Depression, and then Acceptance.

If one is unable to segue successfully from depression into acceptance, then it leads to self-harm, self-hate, sadism, suicide and many other 'unputdownables'.

I remember Kevin Hart saying this in Central Intelligence when his wife asked that they see a marriage counsellor: "We ain't seeing no therapist, baby!. Black people don't see no therapist. When we are sad we take our problems to the Barber's shop or watch the movie 'Barber Shop

That up there is pretty much the sum and substance of this article. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MUST READ: 10 Experinces That Signal You're In Love / What Causes Delay In Marriages? / I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.