Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

ABU Zaria's Online MBA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU Zaria's Online MBA (12922 Views)

Al-Amin Bashir Bugaje, ABU Zaria Best Student 2017. Gets NNPC Scholarship / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / ABU Zaria Female Students Missing!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABU Zaria's Online MBA by adahib: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2016
I intend to start an online master's program with ABU but I have my reservations. I don't know how smooth it runs,the ease of graduation,how soon one gets his certificate, etc bearing in mind that we are in Nigeria.

Please I want to find out from the house if anybody has gone through it, or know anybody who has. Your inputs are highly needed.

Mod please kindly move this to front page for more contributions.
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by adahib: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2016
Contributions please...
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
adahib:
I intend to start an online master's program with ABU but I have my reservations. I don't know how smooth it runs,the ease of graduation,how soon one gets his certificate, etc bearing in mind that we are in Nigeria.

Please I want to find out from the house if anybody has gone through it, or know anybody who has. Your inputs are highly needed.

Hey hello, you can ask your questions would be glad to help
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by blaQie(m): 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2016
He already asked about 4 qxns.
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:43am On Sep 07, 2016
adahib:

Hello Dear you dont have to go to Zaria for anything has every thing is made for your comfort. Your certificate would be sent to you via courier upon completion or you can collect them at various designated venues at different locations: Lagos, Abuja and Zaria.

The programme runs very smooth, as Students do not need internet data to study on the VigiTab. However, they will require little consumption of data when participating in forums, quizzes and submission of assignments.

The Program also made arrangements with internet data providers for interested candidates to subscribe to a CUG (Closed User Group)plan which will cost N24,000 per annum. The CUG plan also gives you the opportunity to call your classmates within the plan at no additional cost throughout the duration of the program

You can reach me on 08021005167 for further questions.

2 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:48am On Sep 07, 2016
adahib:

Hello Dear you dont have to go to Zaria for anything has every thing is made for your comfort. Your certificate would be sent to you via courier upon completion or you can collect them at various designated venues at different locations: Lagos, Abuja and Zaria.

The programme runs very smooth, as Students do not need internet data to study on the VigiTab. However, they will require little consumption of data when participating in forums, quizzes and submission of assignments.

The Program also made arrangements with internet data providers for interested candidates to subscribe to a CUG (Closed User Group)plan which will cost N24,000 per annum. The CUG plan also gives you the opportunity to call your classmates within the plan at no additional cost throughout the duration of the program

You can reach me on 08021005167 for further questions. Aslo visit www.abudlc.edu.ng for more info.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by chuckky86(m): 3:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
Is the fee for regular and special same.
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by Dainty25(f): 4:30pm On Feb 08, 2017
Mizzzbeee:

You can reach me on 08021005167 for further questions. Aslo visit www.abudlc.edu.ng for more info.
Hello miss
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by perfectgen(m): 11:29am On Mar 29, 2017
Hi,
I saw this topic on google and being interested in the ABU Online MBA, I wish to know if anybody subscribed last year and how the program went; modalities, fees, and generally the standard.

Thanks
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by Beehandz(m): 1:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
Am also very interested in this program but i will like to know if exams are being written at the distance learning centers in Lagos. or one has to travel to Zaria.
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by tosan24(f): 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2017
adahib:

How many years will the program run for? -The MBA Regular will run for a period of two years, while the MBA Special will run for a period of three years(3yrs), however, the two programs can be fast tracked and completed in 18months.
How possible is it for me to fast track the program and complete it within a short period of time? -For you to complete the program within a short period of time, you will be expected to take more courses per semester depending on what you can handle based on your specialization.
What certificate do I get at the end of the program, is online masters going to be written on it or will it be the same certificate as those given to on campus students? -The certificate you will be given is exactly the same as what is given to on campus students, meaning there will not be any mention of online MBA in it.
How many semesters will be available for the program? -The total number of semesters available for the whole program is 4 semesters and 6 semesters for both MBA Regular and MBA Special respectively. This means there are 2 semesters available in a year.
Will I need to go to Zaria at any point in time during the program? -You will not be required to go to Zaria at any point because we have different resource centers In Abuja, Lagos, Zaria, Port Harcourt and other part of Nigeria .
Where will the examination take place? -All examination will be taken at all the resource centers depending on which location is closer to you.
What will the mode of study be like since its e-learning program? -All course materials will be preloaded on a tablet and a Vigidrive depending on the one you prefer.
What is a Vigidrive? - A Vigidrive is a small device like a flash drive that can be connected to a computer/laptop or tablet that enables you to have access to your course content.
How much is the total cost of the program? -The total cost of the whole program is N432,500 for students who wants tablet and 387,500 for those who wants vigidrive. • What are the mode of payments available? -Students can pay using their atm cards, internet banking, or cash deposit at Zenith bank and First Bank.
Can third class students apply? With or without a postgraduate diploma? - Yes. Third class can apply if they have a PGD or if they have 5years work experience.
What is the list of professional certifications approved for this program? - Only Nationally qualified professional bodies are accepted. This is to avoid students being rejected later when their files gets to senate.
Will I be allowed to pay per semester or courses as obtainable outside the country? -No, Payments are only acceptable in two installments and the payment can be paid every year.
Where will students defend their thesis at the end of the program? - Resource Centers unless of course they want to visit Zaria.
Will strike actions in the school affect the e-learning students and the calendar? - NO
Is IJMB result (Interim Joint Matriculation Board) acceptable as a substitute for WAEC/NECO/GCE? - Yes it is
Is it possible for an HND graduate to apply for the MBA program? - HND graduate must either have a PGD or a nationally recognized professional certificate like ICAN, ACCA, CIPM etc. Also note that work experience does not count for HND holders.
Are applicants with degrees from NOUN eligible? – Yes applicants with degree from NOUN can also apply for the program.
Is the MBA program accredited by NUC? - Yes it is
Can I decide on when I want to write my examination? -Examinations are written twice a semester( at the end of a semester and a month after the semester ends).
What specializations are available on the MBA program? - You can either specialize in MBA Human Resources, MBA Marketing or MBA Finance and Investment.
Can awaiting result be acceptable for this application? – Yes , awaiting result is acceptable as long as the result will be ready and provided before you complete the program.
Will I need internet to study and have access to my course content? – You do not need internet to access your course content because they are already preloaded and internet will only be required when you need to submit assignment.
Can I apply without having my NYSC certificate at the point I apply? – Yes you can but you have to provide your certificate before you complete the MBA program.
Can Prospects outside the country apply for the program?- Yes they can. The School will be partnering with different embassys.
Is the MBA program academic or professional? – The MBA program is a professional one.
What happens if applicant starts the program and for some reasons needs to travel out of the country? – The applicant will only need to send an mail to the school notifying them of change in location and arrangements will be made for where he or she can write his exams.
Follow the link below and apply before register closes.

apply.abudlc.edu.ng/Account/Register?us=R2VvcmdlMDEz
APPLY.ABUDLC.EDU.NG

Read here for further details: https://www.facebook.com/George013/posts/535365003327829
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by perfectgen(m): 6:57am On Dec 14, 2017
Beehandz:
Am also very interested in this program but i will like to know if exams are being written at the distance learning centers in Lagos. or one has to travel to Zaria.
The exams are written in. DLI, Lagos; no need to travel to Zaria.
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by trublvr(f): 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2018
DON'T TRY IT!
I am running an online MBA with ABU, and it isn't worth it, trust me.
The issues include, but not limited to :
* No physical lectures or tutorials
* Some results are not given
* Not all work is graded, and even when you complain, they don't grade
* Complaints are well received by support, but nothing is done unless it's a general complaint
* Fee structure is not consistent. I paid much more for second semester than first
*Course materials are duplicated and copied from lecture notes for Indian Universities
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by Papacypaul(m): 4:09pm On Jan 28, 2018
Mizzzbeee:

i saw your response on the op issue and am moved to posit mine,i applied civil engineering special admission since september but alas till now i don't here anything about admission list,is it that there is no admission dz year?
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by perfectgen(m): 4:53pm On Jan 30, 2018
trublvr:
DON'T TRY IT!
* Complaints are well received by support, but nothing is done unless it's a general complaint
* Fee structure is not consistent. I paid much more for second semester than first
* Tribalism. I'm not a Northerner, so basic transactions like screening that should be easy, are not unless you "drop something", especially if you don't speak the right language

You have made so much points which I agree on as I am also a student but I disagree on some cogent points too; I will take your complaints one by one.
* on issue of physical lecture, it is basically an online program with lecture notes provided to guide us but no physical class. However, etutor are supposed to run online tutorials for the students for clarifications of class notes. I however observed most of them do not; this is something we need to take up with the school.
* on results not being given, there was a platform for complaints and resolution of results issue. I however saw all my results and that of three people close to me who are also running the course. I know some people complained initially and by the time the school was releasing the final results in October, corrections had been made.
* on the issue of not grading your work, the responsibility is that of the etutor, who you should follow up on. I did that last semester when I observed no grading for 2 of my CAs; the etutor finally uploaded it. The issue, like I first mentioned are the etutors who sometimes don't complete the upload of CAs as at when due hence the collation becomes hard and results are affected.
* on the issue of support, while I have complained about three issues to them, they have responded at all times; albeit sometimes late, but I believe they are trying, they just need to work more effectively.
*on the issue of fee structure, most of us started with prerequisites to administration courses; having not graduated in the administrations. Prerequisites cost 10k per module while core and electives cost 20k per module hence it is understandable why we had to pay more in second semester than first semester.
*In terms of tribalism, I have not experienced any though the tendencies are there but this is relative; it depends on individuals.

Note: I really salute your courage in expressing challenges you are facing on the program but like I once heard a wise man say, when life gives you lemon instead of orange, add sugar and make lemonade our of it. ABU MBA is a good platform to learn, make friends and project yourself in the administration of key organizational functions, so just see it from another perspective. It is not totally what I will call sterling but from the Nigerian context of most MBA programmes, I will still rate it as above average.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by toluh1(f): 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
Mizzzbeee:

Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by toluh1(f): 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
About Abu MBA.
Is the 432,000 constant for both regular and special?
And how much will I be paying,if I fast track to 18 months?
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by toluh1(f): 5:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
Does any one have an idea of the total cost of MBA in Noun please?
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by callmemikel(m): 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2018
perfectgen:

You have made so much points which I agree on as I am also a student but I disagree on some cogent points too; I will take your complaints one by one.
* on issue of physical lecture, it is basically an online program with lecture notes provided to guide us but no physical class. However, etutor are supposed to run online tutorials for the students for clarifications of class notes. I however observed most of them do not; this is something we need to take up with the school.
* on results not being given, there was a platform for complaints and resolution of results issue. I however saw all my results and that of three people close to me who are also running the course. I know some people complained initially and by the time the school was releasing the final results in October, corrections had been made.
* on the issue of not grading your work, the responsibility is that of the etutor, who you should follow up on. I did that last semester when I observed no grading for 2 of my CAs; the etutor finally uploaded it. The issue, like I first mentioned are the etutors who sometimes don't complete the upload of CAs as at when due hence the collation becomes hard and results are affected.
* on the issue of support, while I have complained about three issues to them, they have responded at all times; albeit sometimes late, but I believe they are trying, they just need to work more effectively.
*on the issue of fee structure, most of us started with prerequisites to administration courses; having not graduated in the administrations. Prerequisites cost 10k per module while core and electives cost 20k per module hence it is understandable why we had to pay more in second semester than first semester.
*In terms of tribalism, I have not experienced any though the tendencies are there but this is relative; it depends on individuals.

Note: I really salute your courage in expressing challenges you are facing on the program but like I once heard a wise man say, when life gives you lemon instead of orange, add sugar and make lemonade our of it. ABU MBA is a good platform to learn, make friends and project yourself in the administration of key organizational functions, so just see it from another perspective. It is not totally what I will call sterling but from the Nigerian context of most MBA programmes, I will still rate it as above average.

*I still don't think it's worth it.*
https://www.nairaland.com/4732027/ahmadu-bello-university-online-mba/4
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by GodLifted: 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2018
tosan24:

How many years will the program run for? -The MBA Regular will run for a period of two years, while the MBA Special will run for a period of three years(3yrs), however, the two programs can be fast tracked and completed in 18months.
How possible is it for me to fast track the program and complete it within a short period of time? -For you to complete the program within a short period of time, you will be expected to take more courses per semester depending on what you can handle based on your specialization.
What certificate do I get at the end of the program, is online masters going to be written on it or will it be the same certificate as those given to on campus students? -The certificate you will be given is exactly the same as what is given to on campus students, meaning there will not be any mention of online MBA in it.
How many semesters will be available for the program? -The total number of semesters available for the whole program is 4 semesters and 6 semesters for both MBA Regular and MBA Special respectively. This means there are 2 semesters available in a year.
Will I need to go to Zaria at any point in time during the program? -You will not be required to go to Zaria at any point because we have different resource centers In Abuja, Lagos, Zaria, Port Harcourt and other part of Nigeria .
Where will the examination take place? -All examination will be taken at all the resource centers depending on which location is closer to you.
What will the mode of study be like since its e-learning program? -All course materials will be preloaded on a tablet and a Vigidrive depending on the one you prefer.
What is a Vigidrive? - A Vigidrive is a small device like a flash drive that can be connected to a computer/laptop or tablet that enables you to have access to your course content.
How much is the total cost of the program? -The total cost of the whole program is N432,500 for students who wants tablet and 387,500 for those who wants vigidrive. • What are the mode of payments available? -Students can pay using their atm cards, internet banking, or cash deposit at Zenith bank and First Bank.
Can third class students apply? With or without a postgraduate diploma? - Yes. Third class can apply if they have a PGD or if they have 5years work experience.
What is the list of professional certifications approved for this program? - Only Nationally qualified professional bodies are accepted. This is to avoid students being rejected later when their files gets to senate.
Will I be allowed to pay per semester or courses as obtainable outside the country? -No, Payments are only acceptable in two installments and the payment can be paid every year.
Where will students defend their thesis at the end of the program? - Resource Centers unless of course they want to visit Zaria.
Will strike actions in the school affect the e-learning students and the calendar? - NO
Is IJMB result (Interim Joint Matriculation Board) acceptable as a substitute for WAEC/NECO/GCE? - Yes it is
Is it possible for an HND graduate to apply for the MBA program? - HND graduate must either have a PGD or a nationally recognized professional certificate like ICAN, ACCA, CIPM etc. Also note that work experience does not count for HND holders.
Are applicants with degrees from NOUN eligible? – Yes applicants with degree from NOUN can also apply for the program.
Is the MBA program accredited by NUC? - Yes it is
Can I decide on when I want to write my examination? -Examinations are written twice a semester( at the end of a semester and a month after the semester ends).
What specializations are available on the MBA program? - You can either specialize in MBA Human Resources, MBA Marketing or MBA Finance and Investment.
Can awaiting result be acceptable for this application? – Yes , awaiting result is acceptable as long as the result will be ready and provided before you complete the program.
Will I need internet to study and have access to my course content? – You do not need internet to access your course content because they are already preloaded and internet will only be required when you need to submit assignment.
Can I apply without having my NYSC certificate at the point I apply? – Yes you can but you have to provide your certificate before you complete the MBA program.
Can Prospects outside the country apply for the program?- Yes they can. The School will be partnering with different embassys.
Is the MBA program academic or professional? – The MBA program is a professional one.
What happens if applicant starts the program and for some reasons needs to travel out of the country? – The applicant will only need to send an mail to the school notifying them of change in location and arrangements will be made for where he or she can write his exams.
Follow the link below and apply before register closes.

apply.abudlc.edu.ng/Account/Register?us=R2VvcmdlMDEz
APPLY.ABUDLC.EDU.NG

Read here for further details: https://www.facebook.com/George013/posts/535365003327829
Ow much will it cost me to do my PGDE online course there?

Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by GodLifted: 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2018
How much is the total package of PGDE online course? The total school fees I mean
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by Newcreation22: 10:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
I am currently running the ABUDLC MBA Program. Its fantastic and very easy to secure admission as far as you are a graduate of a reputable Nigerian University. but you get little guidance from the tutors because its solely online. The materials are well researched as my current Personal tutors feels so.
The cost per course of 20k is too high especially in this period of covid 19, it should be reduced to 10k since one will have to register about 8 courses maximum
My advice is that all the candidates from a particular location should come together and organise tutorials by engaging professional to broaden your knowledge.
Finally, you get to meet good people who you might form professional ties and friendship with.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by ewons1(m): 2:35pm On Jun 26, 2020
@Newcreations22
my brother....i am so glad i saw this post of yours.i also applied for the MBA programme last week here in lagos and i just received the details of the log in few minutes ago.though am yet to pay but am thinking of doing 4 at the moment cos like u said,the 20k per course is really high in the pandemic crisis that has made cash to be lean.Did you register the whole 8 courses?

Please kindly contact me lets rub minds.....................you can send me a mail on darlynprince22j@gmail.com then we can take it up from there.
Expecting your feedback soon.thanks.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by Newcreation22: 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
You must complete the 8 foundation courses first.
I registered the 8 courses.
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by dayo20002002: 1:00pm On Jun 27, 2020
ABU online MBA is fantastic and flexible. With you registering the required course and securing good score in your assignment by prompt submission, you will not have problem in exam.
For your assignment (group, individual and forum).We have a good record of excellent assignment scores from without delay in submission.
Also, for individual or personal tutorial, we can be contacted.
For your Project writing in any of the specialization ( Finance, Marketing, Human Resource)
Contact No: 08028295941
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by Newcreation22: 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
You must complete the 8 foundation courses first.
I registered the 8 courses. Before choosing to register 2 to six courses because of paucity of funds.
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by dayo20002002: 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
For your BUAD assignment in any courses, you can contact us as the testimonies of our past excellent works in assignments (individual and group) have been remarkable with average score of 18 over 20 and scores in forum assignment have been very equally fantastic.

Our contact no : 08028295941
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by dayo20002002: 7:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
You can trust us to help you handle your ABU assignments from any of the study centre. Many of our students have recorded testimonies of high flying marks. Deadline meeting is our watch-word
We had assisted a lot of MBA 2 with their projects writing and materials. Hook up with us for a great service.

Contact No: 08028295941
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by garyaustin(m): 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
trublvr:
DON'T TRY IT!
*Course materials are duplicated and copied from lecture notes for Indian Universities

Thank you so much. Please I need to talk with you for more info. Please let's chat on WhatsApp 08033924157
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by dessie234(m): 11:14pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hello
Please is it mandatory to do the foundational course
I intend starting my MBA next mont,and i studied a mgtm related course
Kindly advise any one...
Thank you
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by dayo20002002: 7:09am On Jan 05, 2021
It is compulsory for every discipline aside those that studied Bus Adm in their first degree.
Re: ABU Zaria's Online MBA by dessie234(m): 10:52am On Jan 05, 2021
Seriously...i did mgtm science ...studied coop economis and mgtm... Does this applies to me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilag Admission 2011/2012 / NYSC, Direct Entry, Medicine And Surgery MBBS... / Did You Know IKEJA Is An Abbreviation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.