Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting (7970 Views)

Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible / For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions / 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by JackBizzle: 9:13am On Aug 14, 2016
1) God is good. God is perfect. But how then can you explain why he created such evil like the devil? Even the bible says that by their fruit, ye shall know them. How can a banana tree produce apples? How can a good God be capable of producing such evil like the devil?

2) A half truth is a lie. You lie by omitting a part that will change the story completely. The catholic church and all bible historians agree that there are scrolls, gospels and books left out of the scripture. Even the original biblical scriptures have been lost, what we see are copies of copies that are translated. How can you trust the bible when you know it is not complete?

3) What was God doing before Judaism and Christianity? It is without doubt that pagan and polytheistic religions existed long before christianity. What was Jehovah doing before he started telling man what to do? Why were other gods more popular than him?

4) Why does God love killing children to punish parents? God killed the first born of Egyptians for enslaving the Isrealites. God Killed David's son for disobedience. Why not just punish the parents?

5) A kingdom divided against itself cannot prosper. God is not the author of confusion. So why is christianity so fragmented and divided with different bibles, dogmas and churches?

cc Kingebukasblog, kingebukanaija, winner01, hahn, dblackninja, sirwere, johnydon22, joseph1832, tufanja, reyginus, scholar8200, tempem, accidentalgenius.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:34am On Aug 14, 2016
Oh dear oh dear . Thank God I came early ,let me book space while I prepare a special thread the atheists would love wink
Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by ValentineMary(m): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2016
It is pitiful to see xtians take obvious contradictions as ultimate truth. The bible has too many loopholes that is irreconcilable yet xtians try to stitch it together and in the process shoot themselves in the leg. grin

10 Likes

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by UndisputedBosom(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2016
Keep Blackmailin yourself wink
Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by tabisegroup(m): 9:50am On Aug 14, 2016
Who can question the sovereignty of God ?
Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by Khutie: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2016
undecided
Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by nicedas(m): 10:10am On Aug 14, 2016
3 muslims have just been injured in al aqsa mosque in israel this morning.
Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by malvisguy212: 10:13am On Aug 14, 2016
ValentineMary:
It is pitiful to see xtians take obvious contradictions as ultimate truth. The bible has too many loopholes that is irreconcilable yet xtians try to stitch it together and in the process shoot themselves in the leg. grin
the op mention bible passage ? The op did not deserve reply, how can you accuse someone of injustice when you don't believe He ever exist ? The op did not understand the NATURE of God, the purpose of God creation. The op did not even understand The biblical meaning of omnipotent.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by honourhim: 10:14am On Aug 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

1) God is good. God is perfect. But how then can you explain why he created such evil like the devil? Even the bible says that by their fruit, ye shall know them. How can a banana tree produce apples? How can a good God be capable of producing such evil like the devil?

2) A half truth is a lie. You lie by omitting a part that will change the story completely. The catholic church and all bible historians agree that there are scrolls, gospels and books left out of the scripture. Even the original biblical scriptures have been lost, what we see are copies of copies that are translated. How can you trust the bible when you know it is not complete?

3) What was God doing before Judaism and Christianity? It is without doubt that pagan and polytheistic religions existed long before christianity. What was Jehovah doing before he started telling man what to do? Why were other gods more popular than him?

4) Why does God love killing children to punish parents? God killed the first born of Egyptians for enslaving the Isrealites. God Killed David's son for disobedience. Why not just punish the parents?

5) A kingdom divided against itself cannot prosper. God is not the author of confusion. So why is christianity so fragmented and divided with different bibles, dogmas and churches?

cc Kingebukasblog, kingebukanaija, winner01, hahn, dblackninja, sirwere, johnydon22, joseph1832, tufanja, reyginus, scholar8200, tempem, accidentalgenius.

I will reply you later in the day when I'm free.
Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by nicedas(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2016
malvisguy212:
the op mention bible passage ? The op did not deserve reply, how can you accuse someone of injustice when you don't believe He ever exist ? The op did not understand the NATURE of God, the purpose of God creation. The op did not even understand The biblical meaning of omnipotent.
i have got just one question for you, in the bible, i have seen a place wher jesus fell to his face and pray, where in the bible jesus or any creature danced or even clossed his or her eyes to pray?

1 Like

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by hahn(m): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2016
The bible again? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
To be sincere with you, there's nothing difficult about any of the questions.

The problem of the atheist is not the question or answers but the fact that a person believes in something that cannot really be proved to another person.

Do we say a computer genius or an AI programmer cannot be a good AI programmer because he created an AI robot that developed the uncanny ability to hurt humans?

No. We can't and shouldn't. That was his goal. That is, to create a software that can do whatever it wants to do. Is anything wrong with that?

1 Like

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by JackBizzle: 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
Reyginus:
To be sincere with you, there's nothing difficult about any of the questions. The problem of the atheist is not the question or answers but the fact that a person believes in something that cannot really be proved to another person.

Do we say a computer genius or an AI programmer cannot be a good AI programmer because he created an AI robot that developed the uncanny ability to hurt humans? No. We can't. That was his goal. That is, to create a software that can do whatever it wants to do. Is anything wrong with that?

Shut up and answer the question if they are not difficult. grin

Nowadays, no one's got time for strawmen

1 Like

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Shut up and answer the question if they are not difficult. grin

Nowadays, no one's got time for strawmen
I'm already responding to your question 1. I like to tackle them like that.

The purpose was to make beings who would determine their own fate in the first place.

In the bible it was written, in Genesis 1 vs 25, or 26, that he said 'let's make man in our own image an likeness' which is free to choose what to do.

How is that a mistake or something short of goodness. I'm not even trying to hold brief for Christianity but for reason.

I'm not sure about the exact verse though.
Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by JackBizzle: 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2016
Reyginus:
I'm already responding to your question 1. I like to tackle them like that.

The purpose was to make beings who would determine their own fate in the first place.

In the bible it was written, in Genesis 1 vs 25, or 26, that he said 'let's make man in our own image an likeness' which is free to choose what to do.

How is that a mistake or something short of goodness. I'm not even trying to hold brief for Christianity but for reason.

I'm not sure about the exact verse though.

Your answer is no where near adequate.

Why would a good God find it neccessary to create evil such as the devil?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by JackBizzle: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
tabisegroup:
Who can question the sovereignty of God ?

Anyone with sense.....

2 Likes

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by JackBizzle: 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Oh dear oh dear . Thank God I came early ,let me book space while I prepare a special thread the atheists would love wink

Is this another running away tactic?
Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Is this another running away tactic?

From your cheap questions ,uuuuuoooohhh I'm scared . I think my thread which proved atheism led to the killings of those religious people disconcerted you and you rushed to open this as a way of getting back at us .

Right now you are annoyed that I said the truth .

2 Likes

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Your answer is no where near adequate.

Why would a good God find it neccessary to create evil such as the devil?

Create evil? How is creating something that can decide for itself if it should do evil or good creating something that is evil?

Can a possibility of a thing happening be the same as the thing happening? There's possibility of good in man. There's possibility of evil in man.

In essence, the naturalism or natural state of man is good but his moral state is only evident when he performs an action.

To me, that's simple. I don't know about you. Atheism seems to be now opposing religion and every thing in it. The reason a human being with brains who calls himself a humanist will support homosexuality.

1 Like

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by JackBizzle: 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

From your cheap questions ,uuuuuoooohhh I'm scared . I think my thread which proved atheism led to the killings of those religious people disconcerted you and you rushed to open this as a way of getting back at us .

Right now you are annoyed that I said the truth .

Abeg, pick a question and answer.....no time for strawmen
Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by JackBizzle: 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
Reyginus:
Create evil? How is creating something that can decide for itself if it should do evil PR good creating something that is evil?

Can a possibility of a thing happening be the same as the thing happening? There's possibility of good in man.

There's possibility of evil in man. In essence, the naturalism or natural state of man is good but his moral state is only evident when he performs an action.

To me, that's simple. I don't know about you. Atheism seems to be now opposing religion and every thing in it. The reason a human being with brains who calls himself a humanist will support homosexuality.

For humans to be capable of evil, evil must first exist. So God must have created evil and thus the capacity to do evil.

1 Like

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

For humans to be capable of evil, evil must first exist. So God must have created evil and thus the capacity to do evil.
Is evil a thing?

1 Like

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
Reyginus:
Is evil a thing?

According to the bible, Yes!

Gd created evil in Isaiah 45:7.
Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by malvisguy212: 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
nicedas:
i have got just one question for you, in the bible, i have seen a place wher jesus fell to his face and pray, where in the bible jesus or any creature danced or even clossed his or her eyes to pray?
And also, were in the bible it say, closing eyes or dance to thy Lord is a sin ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by honourhim: 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Let me answer you one after the other as time permits me.

Yes God is good and perfect.
Everything that God allowed to happen is for a reason.
When there was no evil, Lucifer felt he was equal with God. And because failure was non existent and unknown to them some fellow angels had the same belief with Lucifer and of course God had to show them that they were not equals and that they were not infallible like God as they thought. That was how Lucifer became devil.

We are not programmed robots, we are created to learn and learning takes process just like our growth is not instantaneous but takes a process. Evil is one of our learning instruments.
The presence of evil and failure has made us to experience the redemption power of God, the power of God to protect, to provide to deliver us. It has also made us to experience God"s mercy, to know that God can be angry, that God can love and can hate, that God can forgive etc. Some of these attributes of God would have been unknown to us without the presence of evil. But God wants us to know them.
If there was no evil and faillibility at all, we would ve felt that we are equal with God but then God didn't create us (both human and angels) to be his equals or to rub shoulders with him. With the experience of Lucifer, the remaining angels in heaven must have learnt their lesson that their perfect state is solely powered by God. Also when we get to heaven and be perfected, nobody will tell us that our perfection is solely by God's grace.
The universe belongs to God. He runs it as it pleases him and there's nothing you can do than what you are doing now which of course has no effect on God.
Pls note that the rate at which evil prevails in a society is dependent on the people.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2016
Atheism is as much a faith as christianity.

Atheism like religion also requires people to disbelieve fact and reality on the premise that that reality has some vague explanations not yet proven.

The only difference between atheism and religion is that while religion attributes unknowns to a personality called God, atheism attributes unknowns to an idea called science.

It is a fact that quite a number of verses in the bible has no empirical proofs in contemporary science. So also it is a fact that atheistic views on things also do not have empirical proofs in contemporary science.

Both belief systems employ elements of faith [/b]to deal with unknowns. The only reason why Christianity seems to falter on the face of intense scientifc scrutiny is that there is a obviously the need for universal application of its principles as a means of justification and when it fails this test, it appears to be weak especially when taken out of the context of its actual application

[b]If Atheism had a church or had an organised religious appendage, hitler would have been a member. Stalin and Chairman Mao would be popes.
So also all the philosopical and militant atheists that have queried the Christian faith since day one would have had a recognised platform to air out their views.

They would have in essense not been clean or had this superficial sense of infallibility that pervades atheistic space everywhere they are now. They would also have had a book or codes which early atheist might have prescribed as a summary of their thoughts just like the bible and that book woukd have had a thousand verses which when tested in the light of contemporary science would be as clueless and faulted as any other religious text. Darwins theories of evolution keeps going round and round. Non biblical theories on the planet origins would have been codified since 1100AD and would have had so much revisions no one would take it serious

Atheist do come down from your high horses and learn that life is not as clearcut and defined as logic makes you feel. Christians have killed a lot of people and many practices are unfair and barbaric. Your fellow adherents have killed more people than christianity combined but we don't always feel the need to harp on this because our message of love doesn't always thrive in arguments and verbal conflicts but in humble acceptance.

JackBizzle:

1)How can a good God be capable of producing such evil like the devil?

2) How can you trust the bible when you know it is not complete?

3)What was God doing before Judaism and Christianity?

4)Why does God love killing children to punish parents

5) So why is christianity so fragmented and divided with different bibles

All the answers you want have been answered 1000 times before. If I do post them here it won't make any difference to you whether they are true or not. So I will save myself the stress for anyone who genuinely wants answers and stumbles on your thread

Bottomline, if you are looking for reasons to disbelieve the bible, there are many. In fact there many in the bible itself. My advice to you is this... Should you stake your possible eternity on the infallibility of scientists and what they tell you? Science has faulted itself over and over again. The science you were taught in school is different in principles in what your kids are being taught right now. The bible has lasted in its scope for as long as man has existed and its principles are yet to be faulted across thousands of generations

Would you stake your life and eternity that some scientist in one laboratory in norway is 100% correct all of the time in things he says he knows about that happened thousands of years before he was born and he has only lived 70+ years?

The day scientists can explain using mathematics on how people hold rain in benin I will then come back and listen to your beautiful theories of how some random atoms joined together to form humans

You are taking a gamble worse than bet9ja. I would rather be wrong and loose nothing than be right and loose my eternity to regret

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by tabisegroup(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Anyone with sense.....
and who gave dat "anyone" sense ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Is evil a thing?

1 Like

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by JackBizzle: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
Reyginus:
Is evil a thing?

You have been answered. Evil is a thing- according to the bible.

Guy, stop JAQing.
Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Is evil a thing?

1 Like

Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by JackBizzle: 1:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
Suprnov3r:
Atheism is as much a faith as christianity.

Atheism like religion also requires people to disbelieve fact and reality on the premise that that reality has some vague explanations not yet proven.

The only difference between atheism and religion is that while religion attributes unknowns to a personality called God, atheism attributes unknowns to an idea called science.

It is a fact that quite a number of verses in the bible has no empirical proofs in contemporary science. So also it is a fact that atheistic views on things also do not have empirical proofs in contemporary science.

Both belief systems employ elements of faith [/b]to deal with unknowns. The only reason why Christianity seems to falter on the face of intense scientifc scrutiny is that there is a obviously the need for universal application of its principles as a means of justification and when it fails this test, it appears to be weak especially when taken out of the context of its actual application

[b]If Atheism had a church or had an organised religious appendage, hitler would have been a member. Stalin and Chairman Mao would be popes.
So also all the philosopical and militant atheists that have queried the Christian faith since day one would have had a recognised platform to air out their views.

They would have in essense not been clean or had this superficial sense of infallibility that pervades atheistic space everywhere they are now. They would also have had a book or codes which early atheist might have prescribed as a summary of their thoughts just like the bible and that book woukd have had a thousand verses which when tested in the light of contemporary science would be as clueless and faulted as any other religious text. Darwins theories of evolution keeps going round and round. Non biblical theories on the planet origins would have been codified since 1100AD and would have had so much revisions no one would take it serious

Atheist do come down from your high horses and learn that life is not as clearcut and defined as logic makes you feel. Christians have killed a lot of people and many practices are unfair and barbaric. Your fellow adherents have killed more people than christianity combined but we don't always feel the need to harp on this because our message of love doesn't always thrive in arguments and verbal conflicts but in humble acceptance.

Bottomline, if you are looking for reasons to disbelieve the bible, there are many. In fact there many in the bible itself. My advice to you is this... Should you stake your possible eternity on the infallibility of scientists and what they tell you? Science has faulted itself over and over again. The science you were taught in school is different in principles in what your kids are being taught right now. The bible has lasted in its scope for as long as man has existed and its principles are yet to be faulted across thousands of generations

Would you stake your life and eternity that some scientist in one laboratory in norway is 100% correct all of the time in things he says he knows about that happened thousands of years before he was born and he has only lived 70+ years?

The day scientists can explain using mathematics on how people hold rain in benin I will then come back and listen to your beautiful theories of how some random atoms joined together to form humans

You are taking a gamble worse than bet9ja. I would rather be wrong and loose nothing than be right and loose my eternity to regret

Stop this cut and paste argument, bro.

There is no evidence for Gawd. Simple and shawt
Re: 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
Reyginus:
Is evil a thing?

Can you pls read. . . .

FOLYKAZE:

God created evil in Isaiah 45:7.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God knows I love Frank / THE THIRD EYE: The Unknown Truth / How Mighty Is The Almighty God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.