Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? (13694 Views)

2018 Lexus RX L Released With Third Row Seat (photos) / You'll Never Forget To Use Your Seatbelt Even In The Back Seat After Seeing This / Why Don't Car Dealers Import Diesel-powered Cars To Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Emeritusseun(m): 7:10am On Oct 21, 2016
YorubaStinks:
I know you still drive a 1967 Volkswagen bettle

I have an advice for you

Save up some money and buy a 2016 car and stop displaying your ignorance on Nairaland

I have friends and families who drives older car models and they won't move if you don't strap your seat belts even if you are sitting on the car roof

1. You can get a ticket for it
2. If you get involved in an accident and your passengers die, your ass will be in jail for manslaughter

I drive a 2017 Range Rover evoque, it won't move if your passengers doesn't engage their seat belts, if you don't have passengers, it will move the car is so smart

ur comment stinks!.....must u boastfully comment....sorry ooo,...RR2017!!!....abegi...it is founded..d driver and d guy at d front seat are more prone dan d guys at d back seats.....
Does yoir 2017 range rover have airbags for all passengers too!...?lol

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Emeritusseun(m): 7:12am On Oct 21, 2016
princeogbeide1:
The back seat is even more dangerous than the front seat. Seat belt is also most needful in the back seat. Experts knows what I am talking about.

u forgot to add airbag too for d back seat....also d expert knw wat i mean,...lolzzz
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by HCF(m): 7:32am On Oct 21, 2016
Lol@Op.... You are very right. Funny enough, I thought about this same thing some days ago, when I observed that the seatbelts at the back seat of my car were still neatly fitted after about three years of using it. And Just yesterday, I purposely asked a friend sitting at the back to use the seatbelt, he was like 'for what'? grin....
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by ikorodureporta: 7:34am On Oct 21, 2016
Most back seats don not have seat belts. In danfos too, the man inbtw driver & belt user.......some people sef will allow their kids to sleep on d back seats....v.dangerous!
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by rozayx5(m): 7:37am On Oct 21, 2016
Emeritusseun:

ur comment stinks!.....must u boastfully comment....sorry ooo,...RR2017!!!....abegi...it is founded..d driver and d guy at d front seat are more prone dan d guys at d back seats.....

you dey mind all these Broke dudes
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Kakamorufu(m): 7:44am On Oct 21, 2016
I do use d back belt Tho.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 21, 2016
LadyMercedes:
Yesterday, I was driving, with my friend riding shotgun. We were stopped by a Lastma official. He told my friend "Oga, why you no wear seatbelt? If you no like am, then go sit for back."

After he made that statement, I realised I've NEVER seen anyone, sitting in the back seats, wearing a seatbelt.

Let's remember the Late Ocholi, and his family, Rest their souls. Anything could happen. Accidents don't affect ONLY the driver and the passenger beside him/her. What baffled me was the statement this Lastma Officer made.

Car manufacturers aren't stup!d. The seatbelts are there for a reason - SAFETY. Let's try to imbibe the habit of using our seatbelts, irrespective of where we sit, in a vehicle.

Happy Sunday.

I do wear my seatbelt whenever I sit at the back.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 21, 2016
Emeritusseun:

Most cars have airbags at the back. This protects passengers from the shattered glass, in the event of an accident.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by GindoX(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2016
YorubaStinks:

I have an advice for you

Save up some money and buy a 2016 car and stop displaying your ignorance on Nairaland

I have friends and families who drives older car models and they won't move if you don't strap your seat belts even if you are sitting on the car roof

2. If you get involved in an accident and your passengers die, your ass will be in jail for manslaughter

I drive a 2017 Range Rover evoque, it won't move if your passengers doesn't engage their seat belts, if you don't have passengers, it will move the car is so smart

What if you put load on top the sit? How smart it is to detect human and load sitting? grin grin
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by khalidx: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2016
YorubaStinks:

I have an advice for you

bro i tuale for u
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by GindoX(m): 8:12am On Oct 21, 2016
khalidx:
bro i tuale for u

Taaar! Meshunno! NA werin the bros see for Cable (Future Cars) grin
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by princeogbeide1(m): 8:14am On Oct 21, 2016
Emeritusseun:

u forgot to add airbag too for d back seat....also d expert knw wat i mean,...lolzzz

Lol
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by YorubaStinks: 8:15am On Oct 21, 2016
Emeritusseun:

I have a total of 20 airbags in my car

I know you haven't seen a 2017 Range Rover evoque
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by DAVE41(m): 8:17am On Oct 21, 2016
;DBut OKADA NOR THEY GET SEAT BELT grin

Will helmet save your body
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 21, 2016
Emeritusseun:

he claims he drives a Range Roger 2017? we are still in 2016 grin, what about people like us who drives porsche cayanne? 2015? what are supposed to say then? tongue
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 21, 2016
YorubaStinks:

I have a total of 20 airbags in my car

I know you haven't seen a 2017 Range Rover evoque
if you like have 100 airbags in your self claim Range Rover, that does not mean it will not still cause you harm, have you seen the 2016 porsche cayanne?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by chizobamgbume(m): 8:24am On Oct 21, 2016
They carry overload so there's no way seat belts would be enough for occupants.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by YorubaStinks: 8:28am On Oct 21, 2016
gypsey:
if you like have 100 airbags in your self claim Range Rover, that does not mean it will not still cause you harm, have you seen the 2016 porsche cayanne?

Have i seen a 2016 Porsche Cayenne ??

They're all over car the streets of Los Angeles

They're mostly driven by women
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:33am On Oct 21, 2016
I noticed the seatbelts at the back in my car was actually cut out when I bought it and I haven't even bothered to replace them...
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Bjergtrolde: 8:38am On Oct 21, 2016
Originalsly:
Internationally... wearing seat belt is a must for front seat.... back seat it's optional... not against the law. Like someone said earlier... front seat passengers are wayyy more at risk.... the same reason for air bags for front passenger and driver only.

I am not sure that is entirely correct. The UK used to have what was called a seat belt exemption certificate. The last time I spoke with the medical defense union about it I was told never to sign. The reasons were 1) The worst case scenario of not wearing one far outweighs that of wearing one 2) In the event of a collision, the back seat passenger, not wearing a seat belt, can be thrown forward hitting and taking out the front seat passengers. Then the relatives of the front seat passenger can sue ...

It is true though that with regards to a collision, the front seat is at greater risk
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 21, 2016
INDUSTRIALFAN:
I noticed the seatbelts at the back in my car was actually cut out when I bought it and I haven't even bothered to replace them...

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by dabossman(m): 8:48am On Oct 21, 2016
The one that really gets to me is seeing kids in the back seat jumping up and down without being strapped in. I keep wondering what their parents are thinking. What if you have to brake suddenly? the kid is bound to fall or slam into the back of your front seats.

I have always strapped my daughter in from as early as when she stopped using a car seat. Now, she is so used to it that she straps the belt on herself immediately she gets in the car. Even if we don't make it compulsory for adults, every child under the age of 12 should use a seatbelt evn in the back seat.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:51am On Oct 21, 2016
LadyMercedes:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
it's a Benz...... just the way you like it.. grin grin
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 21, 2016
YorubaStinks:

Have i seen a 2016 Porsche Cayenne ??

They're all over car the streets of Los Angeles

They're mostly driven by women
Good! so is Range Rover evogue 2017 all over the streets of london grin,
there are no cars driven by women especially, it all depends affordability and choice.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 21, 2016
INDUSTRIALFAN:
what? grin grin cut out! you say? who da hell wants to do that? you might aswell unscrew the brakes.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:00am On Oct 21, 2016
gypsey:
what? grin grin cut out! you say? who da hell wants to do that? you might aswell unscrew the brakes.
lol.. cut the breaks?.. helllll naawww..... I wasn't the one who cut them.... the previous owner did.... too bad I didn't notice until few days after I was already rocking the ride. My friend actually called my attention to it if not, I doubt I would have known till today.. grin
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by YorubaStinks: 9:01am On Oct 21, 2016
gypsey:
Good! so is Range Rover evogue 2017 all over the streets of london grin,
there are no cars driven by women especially, it all depends affordability and choice.

I don't live in London

There are only 50 owners of 2017 Range Rover Evoque in the whole world
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 21, 2016
INDUSTRIALFAN:
lol.. cut the breaks?.. helllll naawww..... I wasn't the one who cut them.... the previous owner did.... too bad I didn't notice until few days after I was already rocking the ride. My friend actually called my attention to it if not, I doubt I would have known till today.. grin
it seems you were so excited about getting the car, you forgot or didn't bother to access the vehicle thouroughly, are you sure that's the only thing missing in the car? better have a second look grin
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 21, 2016
YorubaStinks:

I don't live in London

There are only 50 owners of 2017 Range Rover Evoque in the whole world
were do you live? and how did you know there are only 50 owners? are you sure? have you met all the 50 onwers to attest to the rhetoric? don't believe every thing you read or told grin
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:10am On Oct 21, 2016
gypsey:
it seems you were so excited about getting the car, you forgot or didn't bother to access the vehicle thouroughly, are you sure that's the only thing missing in the car? better have a second look grin
lol.... On a rainy day, I wound up the windows and wanted to use the a.c... lo and behold, a.c wasn't working.... took it in good faith and managed home. getting to the a.c guy's place the next day only to be told the inner fan for the a.c was not in the car... grin I still ask myself.... why was I in so much hurry to own the Benz? grin I could easily have seen better Benzes if I had waited a bit longer....
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 21, 2016
INDUSTRIALFAN:
lol.... On a rainy day, I wound up the windows and wanted to use the a.c... lo and behold, a.c wasn't working.... took it in good faith and managed home. getting to the a.c guy's place the next day only to be told the inner fan for the a.c was not in the car... grin I still ask myself.... why was I in so much hurry to own the Benz? grin I could easily have seen better Benzes if I had waited a bit longer....
precisely! grin grin now how did i know this? same thing happened to me, i was so anxious and excited paid for a complete junk of a car, learned me lessons the hard way, ultimately had to scrap the whole junk, it was my first Benz ML 320. grin
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:28am On Oct 21, 2016
gypsey:
precisely! grin grin now how did i know this? same thing happened to me, i was so anxious and excited paid for a complete junk of a car, learned me lessons the hard way, ultimately had to scrap the whole junk, it was my first Benz ML 320. grin
LMAO..... AN ML? SCRAPED?? Damn the seller was a cold mofo.... grin mine hasn't gotten that bad yet o.... lol... every time I go to the Mech, I try to convince myself that others are facing the same and that my car is the best thing on the road grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On / My W204 C350 Build. / Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.