Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! (21473 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome At US Embassy Celebration With PM Netanyahu In Israel / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) / Pastor Challenges Lions To A Fight At Zoo & Almost Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by Isaacmacdon(m): 12:54am On Aug 15, 2016
analice107:

Wow, you are so right. I never saw it this way. This section was created not for religious people to propagate their faith, but as an Avenue to denigrate and disparage God, especially Yahweh, with the weak Christians in minds as targets.

Oh my God. Just see how Seun the owner of this blog ridicules God . Oh, but am so glad, death is waiting us us all. When I remember this, I smile. God Pass man. He made death to wait for us all. When u don finish here, u go meet am, weda u like am or not.
Thanks for this answer.
@bolded. My dear, these guys are heading for doom and I pity them. If he ridicules God, he ridicules himself. Remember "God is not mocked, whatever a man sows is exactly what he's going to reap. I see atheists, lots of them flexing their muscles on here because the progenitor is one. I laugh with great passion because they can't do this rubbish in the physical world. There's a particular guy who calls a radio station frequently and all he does is to discard the existence of the Infinite king of kings. Its very funny, he wastes airtime in other to display his sheer stupidity. Its exactly that same attitude the Oga here is displaying.
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by analice107: 8:48am On Aug 15, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
@bolded. My dear, these guys are heading for doom and I pity them. If he ridicules God, he ridicules himself. Remember "God is not mocked, whatever a man sows is exactly what he's going to reap. I see atheists, lots of them flexing their muscles on here because the progenitor is one. I laugh with great passion because they can't do this rubbish in the physical world. There's a particular guy who calls a radio station frequently and all he does is to discard the existence of the Infinite king of kings. Its very funny, he wastes airtime in other to display his sheer stupidity. Its exactly that same attitude the Oga here is displaying.
Like I said, When we are done here, we'll meet God at death.

1 Like

Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by xtivin(m): 9:04am On Aug 15, 2016
Dear Mr zoologist (o.p)..let it be known to you that Jehovah is God, and you have no idea which animal was where at the times of David. Take note
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by HCpaul(m): 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
kenonze:
Base on human thinking, u may have a point but this is the scripture.
Every account is accurate and unquestionable

Sigh.....

Just go and study theology in the seminary and you will see how the theologians, sane seminarians and other philosophers that wrote the Bible and keep publishing recent versions never believe in such crab. Infact, most of their lecturers that teaches the students clearly professed this in public and their students have no option but to stick to abject criticism of the Bible if they want to pass.

It's only the congregations that doesn't read their Bible with openness of mind that are subject to abject delusion. Am sure that you are yet to finish your bible not to talk of extra-Biblical facts.

Me questioning the illogical correspondence of the Bible first happened after reading theology books.

They debunked everything starting from the creation theory to the coming back of your sky friend.

Please don't be ignorant and go and do more research about the Biblical write up and theology documentary videos.

2 Likes

Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by HCpaul(m): 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
ValentineMary:

The way u guys blind ur eyes to obvious contradiction is amazing. Even after seeing so many errors, the book is unquestionable. Ur indoctrination is very strong.

Imagine, not seeing a single error in the Bible.

I don't like a religion that preaches against lie but keep instructing it's members not to discover a single lie and error in the said book.

This to me is Christian insincerity and blatant lie.
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
HCpaul:

Sigh.....

Just go and study theology in the seminary and you will see how the theologians, sane seminarians and other philosophers that wrote the Bible and keep publishing recent versions never believe in such crab. Infact, most of their lecturers that teaches the students clearly professed this in public and their students have no option but to stick to abject criticism of the Bible if they want to pass.

It's only the congregations that doesn't read their Bible with openness of mind that are subject to abject delusion. Am sure that you are yet to finish your bible not to talk of extra-Biblical facts.

Me questioning the illogical correspondence of the Bible first happened after reading theology books.

They debunked everything starting from the creation theory to the coming back of your sky friend.

Please don't be ignorant and go and do more research about the Biblical write up and theology documentary videos.

Were u actually born like this.
Who radicalized you?

Well Its my duty to keep praying for u

1 Like

Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by xtivin(m): 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
HCpaul:

Sigh.....

F.o.o.l that's what you are
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by HCpaul(m): 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2016
kenonze:

Were u actually born like this.
Who radicalized you?

Well Its my duty to keep praying for u

Thank you. I will also keep working out sanity into your brain.

Prayer? Why do I need that? And what for?

To intimidate me or what?

If only you are interested in building a better country the same way you are always interested in praying, we will all have a better country to live.

Stop invoking the same solution that doesn't provide a positive result.

Try another one and let's try and learn to assume responsibilities.

Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by promise10: 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2016
Uyi168:
.Who told u cnt question the scripture?..without questioning,hw do u expect to grow?
I just wonder how such a person will grow in the knowledge of God's word.
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by CAPSLOCKED: 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2016
lionness:
I need opinions

YOU DON'T NEED OPINIONS, YOU NEED LOGIC.
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by frubben(m): 8:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
The message ur dad was passing, u did not focus on dat.
How does lion and bear in isreal help you spread the gospel.
Focus on the message and don't b distracted

1 Like

Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by GoodieAmy(f): 8:07am On Aug 16, 2016
Aaronsrod:

NEVAH question the Bible. Let obedience and fear of hell be your only guides. Trust in the truth of Christs blood and pray Satan does not provoke Gods wrath with this foolish questions. your portion is already in heaven. It is well.
Fear of hell should never be anyone's guide. Or does it mean that if there was no hell you wouldn't serve God?

2 Likes

Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lalasticala
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by Bakrabas: 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
kenonze:
Base on human thinking, u may have a point but this is the scripture.
Every account is accurate and unquestionable

Because of human intervention, some of the biblical verses are questionable.

Now we have gay Bible, Queen James version, satanic Bible
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by shadeyinka(m): 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2018
lionness:
I was in church today and was verse of the Bible was quoted by my pastor: 1 Samuel 17:36 ► "Your servant has struck down both lions and bears, and this uncircumcised Philistine (Goliath) shall be like one of them, for he has defied the armies of the living God.”

This statement bothered me because I did my masters in the UK in Zoology, and distinctly remembered learning that Lions are mainly found in Africa, and a tiny species in only India. The rest are found in zoos. Now could a lion be in Israel? And then, the word "Bears" also confused me. There are different types of bears in Asia, and I learn years ago that they are called Asian black bears, and they are only found in a different topography of Asia, and never in the Middle East, and the Asian Black Bears only feed on fruits, grasses, and insects, and could have never been a treat to David sheep. And these bears are only found in China, Bangladesh, and Russia, and they are the size of Pandas.

I dont often question the teachings of the Bible, but this gross discrepancy got me confused. And please dont tell me I dont have faith, my entire families are Christian, and my own father was the pastor who quoted thiverse this morning while preaching in his church. I need an explanation.

Elephants are not supposed to be in the forest region of Nigeria, yet, the Yoruba's have a nomenclature for them "Erin" and renown and good hunters are called "Ode Ap'erin" which means literarily "Hunter who kills Elephants".

The times you speak about is like 1200BC, the vegetation would be different. And don't forget that the Assyrians and the Babylonian princes hunted Lions for sport.

1 Like

Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by shadeyinka(m): 9:19am On Mar 08, 2018
lionness:
I was in church today and was verse of the Bible was quoted by my pastor: 1 Samuel 17:36 ► "Your servant has struck down both lions and bears, and this uncircumcised Philistine (Goliath) shall be like one of them, for he has defied the armies of the living God.”

This statement bothered me because I did my masters in the UK in Zoology, and distinctly remembered learning that Lions are mainly found in Africa, and a tiny species in only India. The rest are found in zoos. Now could a lion be in Israel? And then, the word "Bears" also confused me. There are different types of bears in Asia, and I learn years ago that they are called Asian black bears, and they are only found in a different topography of Asia, and never in the Middle East, and the Asian Black Bears only feed on fruits, grasses, and insects, and could have never been a treat to David sheep. And these bears are only found in China, Bangladesh, and Russia, and they are the size of Pandas.

I dont often question the teachings of the Bible, but this gross discrepancy got me confused. And please dont tell me I dont have faith, my entire families are Christian, and my own father was the pastor who quoted this verse this morning while preaching in his church. I need an explanation.

Can you please check out this post on NL?

Elephants are not supposed to exist in the forest zone of Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/4386380/hunter-kills-elephant-janiyi-camp

How would you explain that?

Check my last post too
shadeyinka:

Elephants are not supposed to be in the forest region of Nigeria, yet, the Yoruba's have a nomenclature for them "Erin" and renown and good hunters are called "Ode Ap'erin" which means literarily "Hunter who kills Elephants".

The times you speak about is like 1200BC, the vegetation would be different. And don't forget that the Assyrians and the Babylonian princes hunted Lions for sport.

1 Like

Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 08, 2018
Lolzz OP looking for an excuse to follow tye devil full time... Dont worry e go tire u na na grin
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by jamescross: 10:48am On Mar 08, 2018
lionness:
I need opinions
1. where did noah's ark land 2. migration, the animals might have existed in some other places in the past

3. samson killed a lion, a young prophet was killed by a lion so there were lions

4. extinct, some animals die off in some areas and become extinct there.

5. as for bears, if the climate and environment is situable they can exist there. o yes elisah cursed some youths who were seriously wounded by bears. bears can eat blood but not common, what is common is their anger at intruders so possibly the sheep strayed away from the flock
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by Seun(m): 12:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
Asiatic lions and the Syrian brown bear, which is an omnivore, used to exist in Israel. This shows that the writer of the story of David could have been an Israelite, but it doesn’t tell us anything about whether the story was fact or fiction. A fiction writer living in Israel would have used the animals existing in Israel for his stories.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by cooljude(m): 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2018
shadeyinka:

Their is a species of elephant that resides primarily in the forest, some ignorant backward archaic dull hunter recently killed one in Nigeria

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_forest_elephant

https://www.nairaland.com/4386380/hunter-kills-elephant-janiyi-camp

Secondly, Lions and Bear once roamed that region of the world but they've be hunted to extinction by humans.
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by Dannyset(m): 5:54pm On Mar 08, 2018
Hilles:
Simple logic will tell its possible for a forest to degrade in to a desert over such time..my Geologist friend once explained how some countries and states use to be sea beds and thus explain some resources found in such places..and other matters of that nature,

If the op didn't read and think on this then he created and asked this thread with a bias mind. Reading through his words, I had this same answer in mind as a Geographer, but was so happy seeing someone already said it. Good one bro.
Alot of things has changed over time and this is one of them.
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by shadeyinka(m): 7:22pm On Mar 08, 2018
cooljude:

Their is a species of elephant that resides primarily in the forest, some ignorant backward archaic dull hunter recently killed one in Nigeria

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_forest_elephant

http://www.nairaland.c

om/4386380/hunter-kills-elephant-janiyi-camp

Secondly, Lions and Bear once roamed that region of the world but they've be hunted to extinction by humans.
Tell them O!
Many people think they are wiser than historical facts simply because it is written in the Bible
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by majorgr: 12:59am On Mar 09, 2018
lionness:

I dont often question the teachings of the Bible, but this gross discrepancy got me confused. And please dont tell me I dont have faith, my entire families are Christian, and my own father was the pastor who quoted this verse this morning while preaching in his church. I need an explanation.
You just cannot compare four thousand years of history with current times it is not science. For instance what of the fossil of dinosaurs discovered in unsual places? It didn't mean dey didn't roam that region bf d discovery or of they actually did. The world is gradually changing and mind you, animals are beings that can locomote and migrate from an unfavourable environment to where is favourable. More over if you read the old testament carefully, there is a part that God said he allowed the caananite to stay there so that bf the coming of the Israelite they will gradually chase out all the wild beast such as lions and so on. You see, according to the bible, they were gradually chased out. Pardon my words, im typing frm a phone with poor network.
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by Originalsly: 3:01am On Mar 09, 2018
I guess OP doesn't know present day Israel is a country set up in 1948 by the UN.
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 09, 2018
lionness:

Did you really create a thread on such an issue? What's more surprising to me is i don't see any answers i like. Phew, the world needs more knowledge oh, Our dear Father. oP dig more. Good luck
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by ysyowel(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2018
we use to see lions and other while animals near my village, but now they are no more, does this change the fact they once lived there? pls you that you are asking this question, ask your father he will tell you some of the animals that once exist in the 19s but are no more in the 20s,not to talk if animals that existed thousands of years before now
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by OyinO: 12:59am On Mar 12, 2018
Hell NO!!!! He killed no nothing! Those are stolen and twisted Afrakan Fables of Ancient Times.
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by Fegelfire: 5:55am On Mar 12, 2018
Lions, bears, an elephants were widespread throughout the Middle East and North Africa, before they mostly went extinct due to human activity. The Roman empire is primarily guilty for this, having hunted huge numbers of large animals for sport and for use in coliseums. So it is very possible that the Biblical figure David did come into contact with bears and lions.

This doesn't change the fact that there is absolutely no evidence nor scientific need for a god to actually exist, nor the fact that there is a gargantuan amount of study in all scientific fields which suggests that the belief in god is a relic of the early human mind and society attempting to explain and reason over the then unexplainable environmental and historical events that they challenged.
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by Auki: 7:23am On Mar 12, 2018
Unicorn?
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by shadeyinka(m): 7:57am On Mar 15, 2018
HCpaul:

Sigh.....

It is true what you say that some (not even most ) seminaries teach the non supernatural and non spiritual form of theology. Its a free world: we even have church of Satan.

I've read a theology book that explained away the ten plagues including crossing of the Red sea as mere coincidence and natural activities that happened to happen at the time.

BUT
Its obvious you are ignorant that this same Jesus is active in the life of His own.

Its understandable that you have not seen His works because you are far from Him.
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by Geesaintagape: 9:21am On Mar 15, 2018
David lived about 4000yrs ago.
Things might have changed from d ways they were.
2ndly being a good xtian u must over some biblical stories cos some of them dont correspond with science n present day facts
Re: Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! by Niflheim(m): 2:57pm On Mar 17, 2018
@op,

There are only 2 ways in which the bible makes sense!!!

1.When it is seen as a book of plagiarism and "copy-copy because I know get originality"

2.When it is read figuratively as "Star Lore"!!!

How many heroes in the other mythologies were also famous for fighting giants and killing lions?!!!

Star lore refers to tales that surround the mythological characters behind the constellation Leo and the constellation Ursa major(Big bear) and Ursa Minor(Little bear)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law / Apostle BB Fredrick, Ghanaian Pastor Predicts Jonathan Will Win Second Term / The First Day I Audibly Heard From God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.