Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,168 members, 7,780,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:40 AM

Prayer Warrior ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer Warrior ? (715 Views)

Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola / Prayer Warrior Bathes 15-year-old Girl With ‘holy’ Hot Water / My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer Warrior ? by agathamari(f): 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2009
Can someone please explain this whole prayer warrior thing? What do people hope to gain at screaming at the top of their lungs at 2 am? Didn’t I hear about some sort of noise laws passed in Nigeria?
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by Shola2009(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2009
i dont understand it either. .i dont think we have to shout at the top out lungs in order for God to hear us,
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by agathamari(f): 9:00am On Oct 01, 2009
i would have though at least one of the prayer warriors would have responded
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by KunleOshob(m): 9:12am On Oct 01, 2009
It is just another unbiblical terminology invented by a "christian" sect who think they can shout and bribe their way into heaven.
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by Dalby(m): 10:57am On Oct 01, 2009
See 1st Kings

1Ki:18:26: And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.
1Ki:18:27: And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
1Ki:18:28: And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them,

1Ki:18:30: And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that was broken down.
1Ki:18:31: And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the LORD came, saying, Israel shall be thy name:
1Ki:18:32: And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the LORD: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed,

1Ki:18:36: And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.
1Ki:18:37: Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.

He said come near so he does not have to shout.

1Ki:18:36: , said prayed, LORD God of Abraham,

NEW TESTAMENT

Joh:11:37: And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?
Joh:11:38: Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.
Joh:11:39: Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
Joh:11:40: Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
Joh:11:41: Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
Joh:11:42: And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
Joh:11:43: And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

Loud voice here was not praying but for Lazarus to hear his call inside the tomb

Joh:11:44: And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Frankly the shouting and long hours are not necessary wink
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by banom(m): 11:25am On Oct 01, 2009
agathamari:

Can someone please explain this whole prayer warrior thing?  What do people hope to gain at screaming at the top of their lungs at 2 am?  Didn’t I hear about some sort of noise laws passed in Nigeria?

The issue of people shouting while praying shows you how canal those guys are
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by AKO1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2009
The problem is that people are making it the rule/norm. Chikena.
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by jagunlabi(m): 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2009
I guess they think that their god is either deaf,or has a very short attention span,or both.So as a result,they have to scream at him at odd hours to get him to do their bidding.Why don't they just put a gun to his head and make him an offer he can't refuse . . . grin
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2009
its the Nigerian adaptation of freedom of speech.
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by manmustwac(m): 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2009
Its caused by desperation. Nigerians believe they pray thier way out of the economic situations.
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by agathamari(f): 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2009
why cant they do it durring the day? why only at night?
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by bawomolo(m): 3:01am On Oct 09, 2009
jagunlabi:

I guess they think that their god is either deaf,or has a very short attention span,or both.So as a result,they have to scream at him at odd hours to get him to do their bidding.Why don't they just put a gun to his head and make him an offer he can't refuse . . . grin

lol the religion section is officially the jokes section v2.0
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by sexyLeamon(f): 4:28am On Oct 09, 2009
prayer warrior undecided undecided I do not know whether I should laugh, or get offended at your post.
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by chic2pimp(m): 4:31am On Oct 09, 2009
^^^^ I'll advise to do the former and not the latter wink
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by manmustwac(m): 9:47am On Oct 09, 2009
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

Unknown
Re: Prayer Warrior ? by agathamari(f): 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2009
sexyLeamon:

prayer warrior undecided undecided I do not know whether I should laugh, or get offended at your post.
? that is what they call themselves

(1) (Reply)

Armed Robber Finds God During Hold-up / The Pastor And Multimedia Ministry / Sir Elton John Says Jesus Was Super-intelligent Gay Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.