Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" (24226 Views)

Marrying Her Wasn't A Big Deal To Me - Omotola Ekeinde's Husband / Seun Egbegbe On Toyin Aimakhu And The #savemayowa Saga / #savemayowa: Aramide Of Lifestake Foundation Apologises, Shares Her Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Towncrier247: 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
#SaveMayowa wasn't a scam after all...my apologies to the family!

People who know me well will tell you that the easiest and fastest way to get money out of me is to tell me you're sick. I hate seeing people that helpless. Over the years, I've donated and also used my platform to raise money for several sick people, including Mayowa Ahmed. Early morning on July 28th, I received a call saying the #SaveMayowa campaign was a scam. That the lady was terminally ill and the family had no intentions of using the money raised for her health to treat her as they had no invite from the hospital in Atlanta, neither did she even have a visa to the US. Please continue...

They wanted me to blog it quickly so people could stop donating. I found it hard to believe at first but it was coming from people who were directly involved in raising money for the sick girl. I sent someone to LUTH to investigate, he got there and found chaos. The Police was already involved, people were being questioned, some folks were shouting, he spoke to people in the hospital and many seemed confused. I spoke with those who had called me, and they said 1000%, the whole thing was a scam.

And I sincerely believe that at the time they told me this, they genuinely believed it to be a fact. I don't think it was done maliciously. After they sent me documents showing the hospital in Atlanta was not really involved in Mayowa's treatment and LUTH medical directors denied knowledge of a fund raising for the sick girl, I believed it to also be a fact! And I wrote it. My mistake, I think, was owning the story, I probably should have quoted them. And maybe investigated more. My apologies to the family! The post has since been taken down.

After investing properly, the police found it wasn't a scam, that it was more a miscommunication between the parties helping to raise funds and the girl's family. I spoke about the issue with the Lagos police PPRO and she assured me that the family didn't have bad intentions.

What I am happy about is that; even if the family had had dubious intentions initially, now they can't do any of that, as everyone is now watching. So maybe a good thing came out of the whole chaos.

The happy news is that Mayowa has been flown to South Africa for treatment. She left Nigeria on Thursday August 11th.

May God use her case to show that He is God!
Let's continue to pray for her!

Linda

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/08/savemayowa-wasnt-scam-after-allmy.html?m=1

11 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Towncrier247: 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2016
hmm. So Linda can eat the humble pie? Linda is probably scared of being sued by the family who are very educated. Infact, they might have already slammed a law suit on her and the only condition given is to apologize.

That was how her sister, Laura attended an event wearing only bra yesterday, see the photos hereĀ» http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/08/laura..html

22 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by GudluckIBB(m): 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
After the deed has been done and that story gave your blog traffic which you also made money from.

What if Mayowa had died the following day you broke that story?

Linda, always fear God Because no be who get today, get tomorrow!

186 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by tyson99(m): 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
Aunty linda just one question yu av nt answered all dis while,is it true dat ur kitty-cat oozes as wizkid claims?

If Yes,state the reason and if No give us insight

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Bonapart(m): 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
Linda should go and sit down

She has made money over posting rubbish even in the Mayowa case

Apology not accepted

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Fairgodwin(m): 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
I am not even interested in whether it was a scam or not, I really care-less about all that. All I wholeheartedly and sincerely want (both to hear and know) is that the lady, Mayowa, is now well and fine - I want to hear she's not only recuperating, but recovering fast.
AMEN!

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Firefire(m): 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
yeye fowl. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Thewrath(m): 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
tyson99:
Aunty linda just one question yu av nt answered all dis while,is it true dat ur kitty-cat oozes as wizkid claims?
You no know road to her house?
Am sure that loud mouth over grown baby cum Wizkid is one of yours,hence the obsession with linda..

If linda had spent her time verifying how big/small or smelly a dick is,I don't think she would have come this far.

Continue dissing,both of them are made,you never know what's holding you back until a prophet tells you.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by AntiWailer: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ok oo
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by handysuzy(f): 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
Okay, we have heard o

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Sunnycliff(m): 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
If not for one thing I would have supported the Media Bill

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by bigsam1992(m): 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
Dat is to say dat anytin u post on ur blog should not b taken seriously until verified

7 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by pweetixandy: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
why do pple hate Linda...why so much hate. it takes a lot of humility to actually apologize and I love Linda more for this. Linda made a mistake which only shows that she is human, like you and I smiley God help Mayowa

60 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
Bloggers and false stories

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Thisis2raw(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
I guess we all human after all, we all make mistake after all.

3 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by saasala(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
Okay o, aunti Linda, we yaf hear

6 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by allanphash7(m): 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
Kid
tyson99:

11 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Twaci(f): 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
Just wondering:

How do you pour spilt milk back in a cup?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by yomalex(m): 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
G
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
The post has been taken down but the screenshots lives forever.

Aunty smelling ttoto

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
I said it. Smart girl. She definitely got herself a publicist and he/she is good.

The hospital visit and this is too much of a coincidence. Her damage control tactic would have sold wella if Linda resisted the temptation of taking pics while smiling outside the hospital with the same clothes.

The lady is a business woman who does not give two fvcks about anyone so long as she makes money. She took advantage of Mayowa to make money.

She hurt herself real bad with this one Sha.

7 Likes

She used to be smarter than this na. She should have known that some so called her friends involved in raising the money wanted to take full control of the expenses which did not go down with the family. Then when they couldnt have their way, they resulted into blackmail. Just because they are your friends doesnt mean they cant scam. She was too forward and took side instead of being nuetral until investigation cocluded. Too late to apologize after she has damaged the family reputation. Thats was why stella was very clever in handling the situation..
shiorr

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by priscaoge(f): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
May God heal U Mayowa

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
Dont know why, but i just love this lady

Let's forget the past and move on

Success in your operation Mayowa love kiss kiss

8 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by LaExpert: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
Good gesture.

However, you had traffic and made money from the false news, your apology will be complete upon donating tangibly (even though the medical bill is complete) to the family and at least, paying them a visit.

If they had dragged you to court after the police clearance, you would have coughed out more money than what was originally needed for the surgery.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by FinestPINACLE(f): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
Nawah...omg shocked
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by mastermaestro(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
undecided Linda and lies are like...

15 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by dihalao(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
She messed everything up when she said this
What I am happy about is that; even if the family had had dubious intentions initially, now they can't do any of that, as everyone is now watching. So maybe a good thing came out of the whole chaos

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Olukat(m): 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
sad
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by LagosismyHome(f): 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
Both sides are equally at fault

The Mayowa family said they got 32 million but police investigation showed 85 million and 100k dollars
They really had no visa or letter of invitation from Emory

So while Linda should have investigated throughly before calling it a scam the family too are not honest in so many of their statements

10 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Kaydeexotic(m): 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
Aunty Linda olobo town council

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omotola Signs Multimillion-Naira Endorsement With Scanfrost (Photos) / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu Pictured With Thierry Henry At #MadeOfBl4ck Night Out / Oyin Adenuga To Star In The Real Housewives of Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.