Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,046 members, 7,807,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job (8013 Views)

Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet / Nnewi City Is Far More Economically Viable Than Oshogbo, Akure And Ado Ekiti / Better Than Forex, Easier Than MLM, More Lucrative Than Recharge Card Printing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by fryoobest(m): 3:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
Are you a Nigerian looking for something to do as business or you just graduated from the college and you are still waiting for that white collar jobs in Nigeria where you can knot tie and put on that corporate suit and jacket everyday? Well let me introduce you to a business that is fast yielding profit, not just a little one but profit that you can conveniently rely on. This business I am talking about is eggs supply business.
Eggs supply business is very lucrative and you can determine what you want your profit to look like. Before we analyze the potential profit of this business, let us know the advantages and uses of eggs to see the reason the business of eggs supply is booming.
Egg is high in cholesterol and this makes it a perfect diet for growing children. It can reduce risk of many diseases, it supplies quality protein to the body, it is rich in vitamin A and this helps healthy eyesight, it contains chlorine and this is used to build cell membranes which helps in producing molecules in the human brain.
The uses of eggs are numerous, we use eggs in baking different types of confectioneries like bread , cakes, meat-pie and so on. It is used as cosmetics like shampoo, conditioners, soaps, cholesterol, face mask and lots more. It is also used as glue, the sticky quality of egg white clean some certain surfaces like leather. To make it clear, the demand for eggs in the Nigerian market is so high right now and will continue to be so.
For you to make success in buying and selling eggs there are some tips to put into consideration and here are some of the tips you need for your eggs supply business.
Have Your Own Vehicle
Egg business is more profitable in Nigeria when you make it a mobile business. Purpose of this is to make you distribute your eggs conveniently to your customers. Most shop owners usually feel too comfortable once they are seated in their shops, and so they feel reluctant to go to the farms in order to pick eggs and also they consider the number of cracked eggs they will realize picking eggs directly from farm on their own. This is why being mobile is important in egg business.
Locate Your Target Market
Picking up eggs from farms is not a problem, your target market is what matters to you. Your target should be the highly populated environment. It could be markets any where, the mobility aspect makes you spread your distribution process all around. Once you know where and whom to distribute your eggs to, you will only need to go there directly.
To start buying and selling eggs, you must locate two or more farms depending on what capacity you want to work on, a poultry farm is where you can pick up eggs for sale. Before you can start picking eggs from farms, you must be a registered customer with the farm, and you must be consistent there, meaning you have to always pick up eggs weekly.
Other Working Tools
The basic tool needed for this business is empty crates, it could be paper crates or plastic crates. You can buy crates of 100 pieces at N10,000 or N5,000 if you choose to buy the paper crates , the total number you will need to run your business now depends on you. Note that the paper crates are more protective to your eggs, it reduces the number of cracks you will realize from transferring your eggs, and it is cheaper as well but damages more quickly than the plastic ones.

Even if you don't have your own vehicle, that shouldn't deter you as you can always hire Keke for your mobility.

Once you are mobile, the only cost you will need to run this business for a start is N80,000, with this amount you can buy 120 crates of eggs. A crate of egg can cost N650 or less from farm depending on the size you choose to buy, any balance left will be incurred on fueling your vehicle and other road expenses.
Potential Profit In Eggs Supply Business
In this business, you are your own boss and you will decide how much profit you want to make in a week. Depending on any size of egg you choose to buy, you will gain profit of N150 on a crate of egg if you sell as a whole seller but if you choose to sell as retailer you can have profit of N400on a crate. If you restrict yourself to selling just 200 crates of eggs weekly, that means you will realize profit of N30,000 weekly and this is just N120, 000 monthly.
This is how you determine your profit. Setting a target to sell 1,000 crates of egg per week will mean you will realize 150x 1,000 =
N150,000 weekly , multiply this per month, that is a whooping sum of N600,000 profit monthly. If you deduct your monthly expenses from this amount am very sure you will still have a reasonable amount to save.
Buying and selling eggs might look odd to you but concentrate on how profitable it is and stop waiting for gainful employment in that oil and gas company that may not come until when your responsibilities are enormous. Keep yourself busy and be productive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by marksburg: 4:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
well written article...
sourcing for eggs in farms could be a difficult task though. been looking for farms here in Benin. still can't find one
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by ikdiaro(m): 11:03am On Aug 15, 2016
same hear man. if u find any kindly chart me up on Whatssap dis my mum 07037464649. am dam interested.
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by fryoobest(m): 11:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
You from Edo State, have you checked Ojemai farms located @ Kilometre 6 ,Upper Ekenwan Road, Egor, Edo, Nigeria
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by fryoobest(m): 11:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
@ The second person, which state are you in now?
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by agbus: 5:42am On Aug 17, 2016
pls do u know of any farm in portharcourt. thanks
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by ishadfurnitures: 7:17am On Aug 17, 2016
Eggs available in ibadan 08099212590

1 Like

Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by CindyByFine(f): 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
Eggs available in aba..
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by cgei: 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
any farm in kaduna
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by Lovebliss2(f): 6:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by corpROYAL(m): 10:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
Lovebliss2:
Any in Abuja,around Kubwa?
if you need eggs within Abuja with cheaper price. But it has to be minimum of 100 and above.
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by gabrielabeekaa: 11:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
I am interested. Any farms around Abuja, Nasarawa, Benue , Jos or Kaduna? 07030383530
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by gbemile2012: 10:56am On Aug 18, 2016
Op...
Thank you for ur insight....but, how r u doing urs?
If u buy directly from the d farm...@ for example N600/30eggs/per crate...
How much do u now intend to supply wholesalers @N650...dts N50/profit...NOT N150....
Putting it in mind dt...d end buyers...buys an egg N30 each...dts N300....
Kindly explain how each profit comes from d farm...down to d retailers...Pls...
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by fab04(m): 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is actually a good idea. As for the poster above me, when the retailers sell at N30 per egg selling a whole crate is N900 and not N300. At the moment an egg in my neighbourhood goes for N35, which is N1050 for a crate. So ur profit as a supplier depends on the price u get the eggs at the farms. A quick question for the OP pls... How do u take care of losses such as broken eggs and a situation where the eggs u have are small in size and ur customers dont want to buy them?
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by May22nd(m): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
I live in Lagos, is anyone knows any poultry farm in Lagos or in Ogun state where one can buy from them in large quantity? I'm interested in the business.
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
CindyByFine:
Eggs available in aba..

Where in Aba?
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by monchazfarms: 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
For your fresh,clean and healthy eggs straight from monchaz farms,call:08036775261

Farm Location:Port Harcourt Aba expressway,opposite 144 battalion Ukwa West.Farm location favours customers from PH,Obigbo,Aba etc and our price is very attractive.
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by kennyman2000(m): 11:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
Weldone everyone here. Pls, be very careful of people you send money here. Don't send anybody your hard earned money. See what you are buying before paying for it oooooo... Lots of scammers on nairaland. Be careful! May God everybody hustles.

1 Like

Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by Amachebry: 1:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
nyben4eva:

Where in Aba?
osisioma lga we have eggs for sale
Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by MrsOlutomi(f): 10:02am On Feb 11, 2020
Scam alert
I want to bring to your notice of this person who claim to be selling egg on social media. The person will make you to send part payment and later come up with an excuse thereby making you to balance up. After paying the balance, she will stop picking your call. Her phone number is 08146871262. The account number for this fraudulent act is ACCOUNT NAME:::OMOAREBU GODFREY
ACCOUNT NUMBER:::2009313132
ZENITH BANK. Please broadcast so that the next person will not fall victim. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by Babacele: 10:19am On Feb 11, 2020
MrsOlutomi:
Scam alert
I want to bring to your notice of this person who claim to be selling egg on social media. The person will make you to send part payment and later come up with an excuse thereby making you to balance up. After paying the balance, she will stop picking your call. Her phone number is 08146871262. The account number for this fraudulent act is ACCOUNT NAME:::OMOAREBU GODFREY
ACCOUNT NUMBER:::2009313132
ZENITH BANK. Please broadcast so that the next person will not fall victim. Thank you.
pls always report to EFCC....your money would come back. The BVN stuff is their Achilles's heel.

1 Like

Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by nafcy: 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2021
Farm fresh Egg Available
1750/Crate

Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by nafcy: 10:40am On Apr 13, 2022
Farm fresh eggs are available
Location- Ogba , Lagos state
Price- 1750/crate

Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by nafcy: 11:38am On Mar 02, 2023
Farm fresh eggs available for distributors and wholesalers.
Call us on

Re: Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job by darkmarky(m): 5:10am On Jul 26, 2023
Lovebliss2:

Hi Lovebliss, good morning, i had to contact you on an old thread for privacy reasons. I was unable to access my mailbox this morning, can you please send a hi to my whatsapp line (it is on my profile) and we'll take it up from there.

Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Business With 500,000.00 Around Benin / CBN Rules Out Naira Fall As External Reserves Hit $34bn / Only Four Nigerian Banks Are Strong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.