Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

One Of The Best Languages For Beginners In Programming - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / One Of The Best Languages For Beginners In Programming (4984 Views)

Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application / 14 Programming Languages For Mobile App Development / Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The Best Languages For Beginners In Programming by Karleb(m): 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
Eddodoh:
How do I add hyperlinks to word using HTML code?
I have tried this and it's not working cos I don't see anything that has been highlighted and ready for click and redirect.

<a href=“www.eddykenworld.com.ng">Click Here</a>

I am not a programmer but I was advised to use something like the one above.

That's it. It won't show on NL because NL doesn't support html code but BB codes.

If you want it on NL, use [this] bracket.
Re: One Of The Best Languages For Beginners In Programming by Eddodoh(m): 10:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
Karleb:

That's it. It won't show on NL because NL doesn't support html code but BB codes.

If you want it on NL, use [this] bracket.
Thanks
Re: One Of The Best Languages For Beginners In Programming by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2017
paranorman:
Anyone with high IQ will do well starting with any language. The most important thing in programming is your logic skills.

Infact, I recommend that anyone who wants to learn programing should go study flowchats in secondary school futhermaths/com sci. I didn't'ake flowchats seriously back then in sec school and in my first year at the university, but now I know its craziness!

When I started, had a prob organizing my thoughts. Now, before i even type a line of code, I would ave already map my code out, get a mental picture of the problem my code's gonna solve, and my data structures.

Logic skills is the most important thing. You have gotta have the brain power. You are as good as your IQ level.

Besides, programming is a life time thing. It's gonna be part of you. It has gotta be the air you breathe. Many people wil fall off from the path of programming as the years goes by.

Those crazy programmers at google/MS/Apple have become codes.

Have you even looked at google maps and ever wondered what the folks that fleshed out the codes were thinking?!
Have ever tried to imagine their mind state?

Do you know the idea behind UI designs of these great companies?
Compare MS, google and apple sites and try to imgine the genuity behind the UI designs, gosh!

Have you ever wondered about the idea in the connection between digital tech and hardware?

Have you ever tried to imagine what Einstein was imagining, why he Imagined it, situation he imagined it when He wrote lwas the revolutionalized physics? Have you ever tried to resimulate such?

Coding should be your blood, else you will never make a mark like Bill, Steve, Mark, google boys did!

Gosh, think about the idea behind twitter!

bro, can i get your contact
av som info i want to get from you
Re: One Of The Best Languages For Beginners In Programming by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
dsypha:

Hey guys. Python is not as easy as you people are saying it. Yes, the basics is easy. Defining a function, declaring a variable, looping and branching, printing your name and the name of all your ancestors, are all easy. Becoming proficient in Python is not easy as you all are speculating. Now, for example:
how many of you actually know what a decorator is, what about a descriptor?
what are metaclasses?
what are function annotations?
What are the major differences between python 2 and 3?
Do you trully understand how import works?
How are the names of what you imported resolved?
what are context managers?
what does it mean for an object to support the iteration protocol?
what are generators, and what problems have they solved?
do you have a thorough understanding of how parameter declaration and argument passing works in python?
Do you know that for and while statements can also have else clause?
how do you do functional programming in python?
how do you implement a stack or queue using a list data structure?
how do you specify a method as static in python?
do you understand the main differences between lists, sets, dicts, and other types like tuples, namedtuples, frozenset, etc?

These are just a few. There are many features in Python that people 'dont just know'. The problem is, i believe, most people use the wrong resources when learning a new programming language. For example, some people pick books like learn python the hard way, a byte of python, learn python in 24hrs, and after reading it, they start screaming that python is easy. It is not. Try the advanced features and your will be stuck. I think the notion should be that it is easy to get things done with python. But that doesnt mean that it is easy... You can do a lot with just the basics. But the difference with you and people who really know the stuff will be clear. For example, the following two code blocks define a sum function. This is purely for example, it is not necessary in real code since there is already a build in function called sum.

This is probably how a new pythonista would do it:

def sum(numbers):
s = 0
for num in numbers:
s += num
return s

Yes. This works, and its just fine. But there may be situation where elegance is required, not just for this function, but for other complex procedure. This is how an averagely proficient pythoner will do it:

import functools

def sum(numbers):
return functools.reduce(lambda a, b: a + b, numbers, 0)

In addition to being more elegant, this code is also easier to get right. The first is easier to make mistakes with. This code is pretty basic, but i do hope i made my point with it. Another problem again is this, you don't just learn a language and say you are an expert it it. You have to know a lot of its standard API. Not necessarily memorizing them, but you should at least be aware that something exists.
I hope this will really silent the budding beginners from speculating such false propositions as 'python is easy'.

bro pls i need to get your contact
Re: One Of The Best Languages For Beginners In Programming by paranorman(m): 9:48am On Aug 30, 2017
donproject:

bro, can i get your contact
av som info i want to get from you
Paranormaneinstein@gmail.com
Re: One Of The Best Languages For Beginners In Programming by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
paranorman:
Paranormaneinstein@gmail.com
thank u very much bro, i will mail u very soon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Programming Really Is For The Young / Be Sincere, Is Programming That Lucrative? / Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.