Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 (31803 Views)

'NFF & Sports Ministry Sold Tickets Meant For Nigerians To Argentines & Iceland' / Dalung Redeploys Senior Sports Ministry Officials / Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Islie: 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports has refunded the $4,600 paid for the team in São Paulo on their way to Salvador by the Dream Team’s captain, Mikel Obi.
The ministry also assured players and officials of the team that they will be given all that is due to them.

The Sports Minister, Barrister Solomon Dalung, who was represented by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry, Mr. Chinyeaka Ohaa, said this while addressing the players and officials after the 2-0 defeat of Denmark in Saturday’s quarter final match in Salvador.

He said, “I am happy to be a Nigerian, because in spite of all the challenges, you have taken the world by storm; you have by your performance given happiness to more than 160 million Nigerians.

Football is the biggest unifying factor in Nigeria today. From Mr. President to the average Nigerian you have made everyone proud today.

“I am humbled by your efforts, your commitment, your patriotism. I want to assure you that your sacrifices will not be in vain. Aside whatever the NFF have for you, we will as much as possible make you happy, if only you will be patient with us. Today, with your performance, I am convinced that you will get that gold.”

In his response, Mikel said, “We want to thank you for your fatherly support. In truth, there have been a lot of challenges, but every time we go onto the field, we forget about everything and make sure our fatherland comes first.

“We have done that so far and we will continue to do that, but we need more motivation.”

http://punchng.com/sports-ministry-refunds-mikels-4600/

10 Likes

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
Buhari's ministers are Confused set of clowns just like this dude below cheesy

172 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Kenzico(m): 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
Let's hope it doesn't repeat itself next time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by aniteze(m): 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
Good one from the Gvt but more thanks to one of our 5% man called Mikel. My question is if Mikel didn't pay the money what could have happen by now?

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by rayblast(m): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
why was Dalung represented by Onu?? Which competition dey go on nw wey pass Olympics presently? What should b more than been with dis players at d crucial moment ?? Anyway he knows he s more of a drunk than a motivator . Dalung is a disaster to sports in Nigeria

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
There is a need for a cabinet shake up. It is obvious Dalung does not understand his job description. The international shame that has trailed our participation in the Olympics is enough to dampen ones faith in the future of this country. I don't think any other nation participating in the Olympics has been in the news for the wrong reasons like Nigeria. Nothing seems to work here, not even a simple thing like getting a plane for our athletes. What is done seamlessly in other climes is always a hill for us to climb.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by hobermener: 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
He said, “I am happy to be a Nigerian, because in spite of all the challenges, you have taken the world by storm; you have by your performance given happiness to more than 160 million Nigerians.

Challenges that were brought about by your own irresponsibility. Nigeria is indeed a useless country. I bet if they had lost out, Mikel wouldn't have received a penny spent on the team. Stewpeed country, making her citizens go through untold hardship and challenges while the oligarchical few live in stupendous splendor.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by lielbree: 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
Shameless bunch.

Congratulations to our football and basketball team!
Who stayed up to watch Nigeria v Croatia basketball match? I was really proud our our boys

Their tshirts read WE ARE NAIJA! loved it!

15 Likes

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
That beret wearing man tho

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by ct2: 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
When will I ever make first to comment Pls help me, been trying hard for years now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Cherishing(f): 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
Thought the man said mikel didn't pay for anything
Ungrateful element disgracing Nigerians home and abroad with lies.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Ronaldinnioh(m): 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
When the bank manager was told to pay the jamb lesson tutors were busy asking me if Kim karashian was among the choir members who sang at deeper life champ ground at Lagos but instead she was among the Niger delta avengers that she was not in a hurry to follow chibok girls move to the front seat and allow Buhari's daughter not to pick her Law bar coat. Am not okay with the way tomatoes dropped that it heavily affected Dangote from making sure his Dollar transactions was depicted in Euros that Arsene Wenger was not among those who decided to sign C Ronaldo when he wanted to make a move to Aso rock and vote for APC members who were not paying attention when Patience Jonathan shouted their is God ooooo that made all ISIS members decides to take a selfie with Obama who wasn't ready to see that Donald Trump even voted for Hilary Clinton who was not running against in at the Peoples Democratic Party.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by KINGwax007(m): 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ha!!! One thing done right...
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by uwagimboo: 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
Since it was not Mikel who said the money ve been refunded, let me still hope it's true..

Mikel nd co, pls when u guyz win the gold and all ur allowance re still be owed, hold that beret militant to ransom in his hotel room pending when all allowance re released, even Brazil nd Olympic organizers will understand nd support u guyz..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Yalakalibari007: 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
Buhari's wrong selection/appointments of ministers.

Anticipate more of such flaws.

Actually nat surprised.

15 Likes

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Miles300: 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
bejeiodus:
There is a need for a cabinet shake up. It is obvious Dalung does not understand his job description. The international shame that has trailed our participation in the Olympics is enough to dampen ones faith in the future of this country. I don't think any other nation participating in the Olympics has being in the news for the wrong reasons like Nigeria. Nothing seems to work here, not even a simple thing like getting a plane for our athletes. What is done seamlessly in other climes is always a hill for us to climb.
governance is a joke in nigeria it doesn't seems real , one begin to wonder how this people in aso rock view there actions , like they are been controlled by some forces.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by ct2: 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
When will I ever make first to comment ,Pls friends help me I have been trying for years now
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by lielbree: 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
ct2:
When will I ever make first to comment Pls help me, been trying hard for years now
LOL

4 Likes

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by nenergy(m): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
Rubbish! If media didn't carry the news they won't have. Yeye angry

2 Likes

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by BoosBae(f): 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
Cool but like Mikel said, they need motivation. Not just talking and making promises. Give them their money, na the koko be that, I believe that's the motivation they need now.

I don't know why buhari and His ministers always make empty promises undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
So Mikel actually lent them in the first place. I thought he gave.
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by LesbianBoy(m): 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
Buhari sef

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by williondg(m): 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
Can u imagine the ZOO country borrowing money from the 5%
is alright atleast the used the money to buy materials to cover
their monkey ass which can neva be covered no matter how much
they borrow

5 Likes

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by eleko1: 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2016
SHAME sad
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by kings09(m): 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
grin Tot they said no money was borrowed frm Mikel. Buhari oo, Dalung oo, ministry oo, they r all a joke. Name checkers association, come n see wat d Jews/rising sun ppl have done ooo cheesy cheesy. Whr are these name checkers naa

14 Likes

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by wellstryme(m): 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
Fools you can't give him interest,was it duely necessary you refund the actual money,so you want to know if they will perform before paying them

4 Likes

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
Do you think all these shameful drama going on in Atlanta and Rio will be going with Ifeanyi Ubah as head of NFF or sport ministry? Someone like Ubah should be at the helm of NFF...to sanitize the agency that is notorious for bad news and failure.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by bunmioguns(m): 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
undecided
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by bettercreature(m): 7:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
LesbianBoy:
Buhari sef
Buhari mehn!!! the man is something else.We just have to vote him out!
Make him carry him war against corruption go Daura

8 Likes

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Luckylife(m): 7:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
After
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by tdayof(m): 7:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
Football is the biggest unifying factor in Nigeria today. From Mr. President to the average Nigerian you have made everyone proud today.

The only time everyone claim to be Nigerian.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Barca Players Offered Their Money To Fund Neymar's Transfer / The Super Eagles Will Receive $24m If They Win The World Cup - Pinnick / Kenneth Omeruo Pictured Training With His Chelsea Teammates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.