Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,472 members, 7,801,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Ask Me About Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ask Me About Islam (4338 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Things They Wont Tell You About Islam (infidel Christians, Atheists, Pagans Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me About Islam by abulbanaat(m): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2009
@GODSON I only managed yesterday (26th Sep), using what was left of power in my system, to see what was new in the thread I opened, otherwise since the afternoon of yesterday there had not been power supply to the street where I live. Though I am in a tight schedule for I have my job, I will try to explain those areas, that you in particular seem not to understand.
The glory goes back to Islam.
" But honour, power and glory belong to Allâh, His Messenger (Muhammad), and to the believers, but the hypocrites (and the unbelievers)know not.” Q63: 8.

“abulmanaat”
I say: If this is deliberately, then stop it I am abulbanaat (‘father of girls’ ‘cause all my kids, now, are females).
‘Abulmanaat’ is ‘father of the goddess Manaat,’ I hope you know that. Manaat was one of the goddesses the Arabs used to worship in pre-Islam Arabia.
‘Thanks for your response,however hope you will pardon me if i disagree with you first on my first question. the reason why i have been posting it all over the threads is because
a.nobody has been able to give me a satisfactory answer’
I say: You will never see a satisfactory answer if you do not open your heart. Well i will still try to teach you here. I hope you will not be like the Kuffar as described by Allaah the Supreme Lord in the Qur’aan:
“Verily, those who disbelieve, it is the same to them whether you (O Muhammad) warn them or do not warn them, they will not believe.” [Q2: 6].
Before I go ahead I think it is imperative that I tell you the basis of my action in this thread. Allaah says:
“And argue not with the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), unless it be in (a way) that is better (with good words and in good manner, inviting them to Islâmic Monotheism with His Verses), except with such of them as do wrong, and say (to them): "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you; our Ilâh (God) and your Ilâh (God) is One (i.e. Allâh), and to Him we have submitted (as Muslims)." [Q29: 46]

“b.because contradictions and abrogations doesnt lend credibility to any academic or literary work,talk less of a book held as holy by hundreds of millions of religious adherents, the way i see it is that everyone deserves to know the truth and then make up their mind based on that.”

I say: As for your alleged contradictions in the Qur’aan, you need to give us some of them.
You should know that scholars of the Deen, I mean Islam, have come down with many principles explaining the rulings of Islam and sources of those rulings. May you therefore know that among those principles is that of Naskh (abrogation) which comes in two perspectives: Naasikh (abrogator) and Mansuukh (and what is abrogated). For someone to be regarded as a scholar in the Deen, this knowledge of Naskh is one of what he must know. What is apparent from the foregoing, therefore, is that not all the Muslims know the principle in question let alone Christians like you.
Naskh, therefore, is a ruling that suspends an earlier ruling because of expediency. I have brought an Aayah to show the wisdom behind that, if you fail to understand that then I have no apology for your failure to understand. I sorry if that is a bit hard.
But let me gibe you another classical example; please try to understand:
In Q3 v 15 Allaah says:
“And those of your women who commit illegal sexual intercourse, take the evidence of four witnesses from amongst you against them; and if they testify, confine them (i.e. women) to houses until death comes to them or Allâh ordains for them some (other) way.”
Then in Q22 : 2, Allaah ordains a way by saying:
“The woman and the man guilty of illegal sexual intercourse, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allâh, if you believe in Allâh and the Last Day.”
I hope you will now understand GODSON, AhdaakaLlahu.

“you still did not answer my questions,we know that other prophets minus jesus christ had been sent,my question is that why is there many contradictions in the messages allah gave mohammad?forget about other prophets”
I say: whether Jesus Christ was sent or not let us leave that for another time. As for your insistence that there contradictions in the Qur’aan then bring them. Mind you remember Qur’aan was revealed in the Arabic Language. The English translation that you read, if that is what you read, cannot be referred to as the Qur’aan rather a translation of the meaning of the Qur’aan. Pls, show understanding.
Well we cannot forget other Prophets because they bear the same message from the same Source – Allaah the Mighty. So if Muhammad is indeed a Prophet from God then he must be like other prophets. Do you understand?

“a.he nullified and expunged the satanic verses later in the quran”

I say: As for the alleged ‘satanic verses,’ then that shows you are very far from hadith studies for those Ahadith that people like Salman Rushdie and you rely on, to substantiate that allegation, are not reliable. May i refer you to Shaykh Al-Albaani’s ‘Nasb Majaanik Linasf Qisati Garaaneek’ i can venture to send you a copy, but it is in Arabic. Can you read Arabic?

“b.he abrogated the verses of "no compulsion in islam"including these on defensive jihad e.t.c and replaced it with the no holds bared,full on lesser jihad. i could go on,”
"no compulsion in islam"
Yes there is no compulsion in Islam and it is not abrogated (the opinion that it is abrogated is a faint one, check it out). You need someone to take you on Uluum-ul-Qur’aan, that is, a science that deals with the study of the Qur’aan.
Allaah says:
“There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Tâghût and believes in Allâh, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Knower.”
Ibn Katheer, one of the classical exegetes (Muffassir) of the Qur’aan says in his Tafseer Qur’aanil Adheem:
The meaning is that: ‘None can be compelled to enter into the fold of Islam; it is a clear and plain religion, its proofs and evidences are crystal clear. There is no need of forcing anyone to enter into it, ’ Vol 1 p.453.
But this does not obviate the fact that when one enters into the fold he cannot come out of it. It is a treasonable offence because Islam is both the religion of the individual and the state. But where there is no Islamic state, to implement that, then there is nothing that could be done against such a renegade.
So to understand the above verse in the light of other verses commanding Jihâd against unbelievers is understandable. One, you should know that there is a difference between offensive Jihaad and defensive Jihaad (please not in the context of how it is being fought today, I mean a Jihaad executed by an Islamic state like the Jihad fought by the noble Prophet as did other prophets before him). Two, offensive Jihhad is imperative if the peace and security of an Islamic state is being jeopardized. An example of that were the Jihad efforts Islâm made against the neighbouring Persian and Roman powers (remember these powers too made some initial efforts against the Islamic state). So offensive Jihaad will be carried out when it is necessary, and there are conditions for that. Check them out in the books of Magaazi (warfare). Islâm is indeed a complete way of life.

“yes i agree,but moses was only a prophet which we are both agreed on,where we disagree is that jesus was not a prophet but the son of GOD,who came to right the wrongs of the old ways of doing things,he was honest and upfront enough to say the old testament way of doing things needs to be improved and corrected hence old and new testament, we are not denying that,we have admitted and moved on, this is why i am bemused and suprised you muslims and mohammad find it difficult to admit that there are fundamental errors,contradictions e.t.c in the quran.”
I say: Your assertion that Jesus is a son of God we leave for another time, there ample evidence from the Qur’aan and the Sunnah, plus your Bible (even in its mutilated form), to refute that. As for your alleged claim that tthere are contradictions in the Qur’aan, bring them and let us see them.

“it is worse now because the only unchallenged authority who would have cleared the air is not alive anymore i.e mohammad,jesus and sucessive disciples corrected all necessary questions in the new testament because they have seen situations like this coming up.”
I say: Well as for the Muslims, they have no cause to doubt their religion because everything is spelt out in its canons: Qur’aan and Sunnah. So it is for you to ask us and we will teach you; that is one of the reasons this thread has been opened.

“all the abrogations you are citing dont interest me,i will prefer you cite instances that are contencious issues in the present world we live in i.e
terrorism/jihad e.t.c im not interested if a muslim visits a grave or not,i dont and i am not muslim, lastly if you ask abuzola and co, i dont accept quranic verses justifying your stance what i want is simply a direct answer and a direct quranic verse answering such answers thanks.”
I say: the examples I cited will not interst you because you have failed, or pretended, not to understand them. If you do not today, a Day is coming when you will come to understand but it may be too late:
“And be afraid of the Day when you shall be brought back to Allâh. Then every person shall be paid what he earned, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly.” [Q2: 281].

“2.to be honest with you,i chose my dissertation topic,and also to read the hadiths quran e.t.c with a totally objective mind,and because i admired the islamic way of life,simplicity e.t.c
but i had cause to change my mind after reading the quran,the hadiths and really researching and educating myself, i discovered a pattern of gender inequality,insecurity,intollerance,needless violence,paedophillia and most worrying of all your prophet was not a man of high moral values,
i could identify with jesus christ because he did not indulge in earthly pleasures like womanising,stealing,taking his follower's women e.t.c which your prophet indulged in without compulsion, i only accept religion on "its own merits and demerits"and islam has not measured up to that.”
I say: There is no one who will study Islam with an open heart except that he will accept it. Thus your failure to accept Islam after your claim that you have studied it well (when it is galring from the way you wite that you have not) shows how prejudiced you were when you were learning your so-called Islam. As for the dirty things you said about the Holy Prophet, then you are not the first and you are not going to be the last:
“Likewise belied those who were before them, (they argued falsely with Allâh's Messengers), till they tasted of Our Wrath.” Q6: 148

“i only accept religion on "its own merits and demerits"and islam has not measured up to that”
I say: In your own jaundiced standard. Where are you when the good people of the world are accepting the Pristine Faith.
“He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâmic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religions even though the Mushrikûn (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh and in His Messenger Muhammed) hate (it).” Q61: 9

“let me ask you,if you were a beautiful girl and you had two suitors,they are both ok outwardly but you need to know which one to choose,however one is desperate,threatening you glaring at you and shouting at you while the other just appeals to you,your conscience and doesnt force any decisions on you, which of them will you choose?that is the scenario with islam and christianity,”
I say: What a poor scenario you are painting about Islam and Christianity.
Hear your Lord, who has created you, speak:
“Not alike are the blind (disbelievers in Islâmic Monotheism) and the seeing (believers in Islâmic Monotheism).
Nor are (alike) the darkness (disbelief) and the light (Belief in Islâmic Monotheism).
Nor are (alike) the shade and the sun's heat.
Nor are (alike) the living (believers) and the dead (disbelievers). Verily, Allâh makes whom He will hear, but you cannot make hear those who are in graves.
You (O Muhammad) are only a warner (i.e. your duty is to convey Allâh's Message to mankind but the guidance is in Allâh's Hand).
Verily! We have sent you with the truth, a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner. And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them.
And if they belie you, those before them also belied. Their Messengers came to them with clear signs, and with the Scriptures, and the book giving light.” Q35, 19-25.

“you should ask yourself why muslims are converting to christianity in droves”
I say: Is that why Islam is still the fastest going religion in the world, even after the 9/11 debacle?

“3.so in other words,you cannot justify gender inequality?hmmmn, uplawal note!!!!!”
I say: It is in Islam that women become people of glory. Remember they were being buried alive in pre-Islâm Arabia. They were being inherited alongside the deceased estate in pre-Islamic Arabia. Even when women in the Judeo-Christian traditions were not allow to inherit, Islâm had empowered them. When did Christians know that women have right to divorce? How does Christianity modify ‘for the better or for the worse?’
What you have failed to grasp is that in Islam many and women are the same in a way and not the same in another way. They are the same as a matter of fear of Allaah.
Allaah says:
“O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allâh is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqûn (pious). Verily, Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Aware.” Q49: 13
“Verily, the Muslims (those who submit to Allâh in Islâm) men and women, the believers men and women (who believe in Islâmic Monotheism), the men and the women who are obedient (to Allâh), the men and women who are truthful (in their speech and deeds), the men and the women who are patient (in performing all the duties which Allâh has ordered and in abstaining from all that Allâh has forbidden), the men and the women who are humble (before their Lord Allâh), the men and the women who give Sadaqât (i.e. Zakât, and alms, etc.), the men and the women who observe Saum (fast) (the obligatory fasting during the month of Ramadân, and the optional Nawâfil fasting), the men and the women who guard their chastity (from illegal sexual acts) and the men and the women who remember Allâh much with their hearts and tongues (while sitting, standing, lying, etc. for more than 300 times extra over the remembrance of Allâh during the five compulsory congregational prayers) or praying extra additional Nawâfil prayers of night in the last part of night, etc.) Allâh has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).” [Q33: 35].

“Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islâmic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter).” Q16: 97.
To quote but a few from Tanzeel Hakeem, i mean the Gloriuos Qur’aan.
But women are physically different from men. Roles of women in this life are different from that of men. Men are protectors of women:
“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allâh has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means” Q4: 34.
If you do not understand, Allaah makes me a protector over my wife; I control her. That is what is natural. I do not know if it is your wife that controls you, definitely not unless you want to be hypocritical.
And the mush hyped ‘gender equality’ always makes the women folk at the receiving end. How is that expressed. Yes, women have been liberated. They are now used as advert objst of everything sold in the market even motorcycles! Inna liLlah wa inna ilahi raajiuun. Is that gender equality?
Rather what Islâm has is gender equity – giving to each what is appropriate for him or her.
The Prophet has said no nation will prosper if it entrusts its affair to a woman.
May be you should practicalise that when you become a leader of name it country. Make your foremost army generals women, and come and see how your soldiers (who should be women too) will perform in the battle field.
Open your heart GODSON. It is high time you changed that to GODSERVANT. You will shrug. But the angels who are better than you are prefer to be called God servants than God sons (or daughters, if you Christians think some angels are females).

“4.no sire,on the contrary the meccans were very tolerant, how many muslims will sit by and watch only one man and a handful of worshippers castigate and pour vitriol on them and their gods like mohammed did in mecca?remember he had protectors,”

I say: I do not think you know what point you are trying to make here. Can you explain yourself further? Sorry.
“some of the controversies was:

a.the sexual hedonism he was indulging in severally remember when his wives were complaining and mummuring,”
I say: Bring your proof.
“he appropriated the wife of his step son to himself.”
I say: How? Expatiate further.

“b.his revelations always seems to favour him and comes when he needs to have his way,examples, when he was being criticised for robbing innocent traders a convenient revelation came justifying him and his actions,”
I say: Bring your proof.

“c.when he wanted a blank cheque on womanisisng,a convenient revelation came that any woman he held with his right hand was his for the taking”
I say: Hmm

“d.marriage to aisha at 9 years old”
I say: While I am tasking your to produce your proof for the above allegations because I do not want to pre-empt you. He that asserts must provide the proof. But in the ‘point d’ you raised, I will expanain what you do not know to you, and because you are clear enough in your question.
One, you must know that the fist wife the prophet married was a widow – Khadeejah. The marriage lasted for about 15 years. All his children except Ibrahim that Maryah, the Copt, gave her, were from Khadeejah. So while Khaddejah was alive, he never married another woman. Even after she died, for about five years, he did not marry another woman.
For your information, Sawdah was the second wife of the prophet to pack into his house after the demise of Khadeejah. Though Aisha’s marriage was before that of Sawdah, I mean the marriage contract, but she did not pack in until the Prophet got to Madeenah.
Yes the marriage contract between Aishah and the Prophet was when the former was six years old, and she finally packed in when she was nine.
What was apparent in the case was that Aishah packed into the Prophet’s household, when she was ripe for marriage, that is, when she could fulfil that role as a wife.
The question that remains is that can a nine year old girl serve as a wife or not. Well if we probably look at the nature of women at that time, that is, the rapid growth they used to have, that will not be a problem. In other words, it is different from culture to culture, in some culture, their girls have rapid growth and in some they do not. The Arab culture without doubt is one of those their girls have rapid growth.
What will give impetus to that was that Aisha was eighteen years old when the Prophet died and by then she had become really ‘a mother of the believers.’ Indeed she was, going by the knowledge she possessed in Islâm such that the elder Sahabah would refer a lot of issues to her to settle. May Allaah be pleased with her.
And how often do we hear it today of under-aged girls putting to bed. Cases of such abound especially in the West.
There is no shying from the fact that Islâm permits marriage to the minors. This aspect of the Islamic culture has its own principles too one of which is that the girl when she comes of age has the freedom to accept the man that has been kept for her or not. You may not understand the benefit but our Creator has made it permissible.

“e.he broke his words to the jews,he broke his word by robbing during the holy month,he lied that the meccans killed one of his followers first(i can prove all this too)
i have more but ill avail you the opportunity to answer these first.”
I say: Rather it was the Jews that were known for their treachery. Maybe I will teach you how in other time.

“5.i dont believe you will be pleading the fifth amendment on me,when i thought you will address all my questions like you said

“a.robbing innocent traders of their belongings,when he could simply have prayed to allah,to make provisions for him or worked as a farmer like the inhabitants of yathrib/medina did””
I say: If you are referring to what lead to the Battle of Badr, then I promise you another time.

“answer/my proof;in answer to the criticisms following his robbery escapades quran 2;217 they will question thee concerning the holy month,and fighting in it;say" fighting in it is a heinous thing(meaning he admitted he was indulging in an heinous act, a supposed prophet, but to bar from god's way,and disbelief in him,and the holy mosque,and to expel its people from it-that is more heinous in god's sight(does two wrongs make a right??)remember what gandhi said an eye for an eye,makes the world go blind and he is not a prophet, i wonder) and the persecution is more heinous that slaying.(notice that he never mentioned that the meccans slayed him,he said "persecution"which the online dictionary defines as To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs.

To annoy persistently; bother, but your prophet thought it wise to visit death upon them for bothering him is that fair??”
I say: That you do not know that it was the Makkans that actually persecuted the Muslims shows what knowdlge you really have about Islam.

“b.“b.sleeping with several slave girls,to a point where even his wives were mummuring in protest”

my proof;the quranic verse below was in reply to the mumurings when he was spending more time with the christian slave to the detriment of attentions to his wife
quran 33;51, You may put off whom you please of them, and you may take to you whom you please, and whom you desire of those whom you had separated provisionally; no blame attaches to you; this is most proper, so that their eyes may be cool and they may not grieve, and that they should be pleased,”
I say: If you mean the Prophet’s going into Mar’yah, the Copt. Then I shall explain that another time. But know that it has been permissible under the divine law for slave masters to have intercourse with their slave girls. Otherwise you will say Abraham was guilty of adultery, remember his going into Hagar. Please be careful of what you will say next hence if you say Abraham was guilty of adultery. What of Solomon?
Allaah says:
“There is no blame on the Prophet in that which Allâh has made legal for him.That has been Allâh's Way with those who have passed away of (the Prophets of) old. And the Command of Allâh is a decree determined.” Q33: 38.

“quran 4;24, And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess."
I say: That has been explained by me.
“ (let me know if you want more)”
I say: You can come with as many as confusions that you may have you are free to do so.

““c.sleeping with a 9 years old girl”(even though i have provided proofs of this in the past,i will do so again.)”
I say: You mean Aishah; I have explained that.

“proof;muslim 8;3309, 'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (, may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him, she continues,
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old

Bukhari 58;234, Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age
even her dad was not on board at first untill mohammad said this,

bukhari 62;18, Narrated 'Ursa:
The Prophet asked Abu Bakr for 'Aisha's hand in marriage. Abu Bakr said "But I am your brother."(the i am your brother here is an objection on his part, remember this is a prophet which he wouldnt want to displease) The Prophet said, "You are my brother in Allah's religion and His Book, but she (Aisha) is lawful for me to marry."
I say: All those narrations point to the fact that she was intelligent, how could she have remembered all that transpired when she was six years old if not that she was extra-ordinary.
And you should know that counting at that time used to be rough because there was no actual way of counting the years. Years used to be hinged on event. Namely ‘the year of the elephant.’ It was after the Hijrah that counting of years became standardized. Take note.
Abubakr thought the tie of friendship between him and the Prophet would make his daughter not eligible for the Prophet in marriage. Take note.

““ d.religious intollerance and the spread of hate which he has inculcated into his followers towards other religions,even though he claimed to like them and identify with them earlier in his ministry, which is still on till today.

"Produce your proof if you are truthful." [Q2: 111]’

below are my proofs;O ye who believe! Take not for friends unbelievers rather than believers: Do ye wish to offer Allah an open proof against yourselves? (4:144)

O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk. (5:51)

For the Unbelievers are unto you open enemies (4:101)

fighting unbelievers O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty. (9:123)

"I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them." This because they contended against Allah and His Messenger: If any contend against Allah and His Messenger, Allah is strict in punishment. (8:12-13)”

I say: All the verses commanding striving against the unbelievers will become necessary when fighting becomes inevitable. Fighting will become inevitable when an established Muslim state is on the lead. The action of some individual who claim to fight in the name of the religion does not mean they are doing what Islâm has commanded them. What about those who fight in the name of Christianity the Lord Resistance Army in Uganda, the IRA, of late; and those countries like the Britain and the US who kill thousands of Muslims in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, under the facade of the UNO but under a hidden Christian agenda? Are their actions justifiable under Christianity?
Yes Qur’aan has never commanded the Muslims to take the Christians and the Jews as friends, but it says they are better than pure unbelievers (even though they themselves are unbelievers). And between the Jews and the Christians, the Christians are better, says the Qur’aan.
And I want to ask are Christians and the Jews friends of the Muslims? Please do not tell a lie o, God sees you. Please before you give your answer, remember the Crusades!

“i have more if you want, thanks”
I say: Bring more of your confusions, no problem.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 02, 2009
Alhamdullilah,we now have 5 sheihks,

our President is ALHAJI OLABOWALE -Sheihk 1
Vice President is BABS 787 but on leave now-sheihk 2
acting vice president is ABULMANAAT -sheihk 3
Secretary is muhsin -Sheihk 4
cheif whip is ABUZOLA-Sheik 5

May Almighty Allah strenghten us all and may he reward us accordingly(amen)
Re: Ask Me About Islam by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 03, 2009
lol @ abuzola as chief whip. . . kiniun adinni of nairaland.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by Nezan(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2009
@abulbanaat, This copy and paste, you should have done us a favour by providing a link.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by muhsin(m): 11:20am On Oct 03, 2009
Nezan:

@abulbanaat, This copy and paste, you should have done us a favour by providing a link.

cheesy
Re: Ask Me About Islam by abulbanaat(m): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2009
Im stl finding it hard 2 post my replies d normal way. I postd dis via a mobile phone.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by olabowale(m): 12:41am On Oct 04, 2009
nezan does not read anything longer than a few lne. if he does, he would have found out that it was not a cut and paste. he thinks he is addressing a christian!
Re: Ask Me About Islam by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 04, 2009
@Abulbanaat,pls brother endervour to get good connection o as we have more people that are insha Allah gonna convert to ISLAM soon,and since you are our acting VICE PRESIDENT now,so try yeah,may Allah make it easy for you(amin)
Re: Ask Me About Islam by abulbanaat(m): 10:42am On Oct 05, 2009
@kola oloye
‘What is the genesis and significance of "the five pillars of Islam".

The five pillars of Islâm are:

One: Testifying that Allaah is the Only Supreme Being worthy of worship in truth, and that Muhammad is His Messenger (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam).

Evidence for that abound in the Qur’ân.

The significance of that is that people will know that Allaah (those who still refer to Him as one of the idols in Makkah are only celebrating their ignorance; do you say the Arabs never knew that there is a Supreme Being?) Only is the Creator that all forms of worship are supposed to be directed to, and that Muhammad is the last of Allaah’s Messengers and Prophets (not as being loosely used in Xtianity) whose explanation of divine phenomenon, as revealed to him, must be listened to. Muslims know that they cannot worship Allaah adequately unless the follow the Messenger of Allaah (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam).

Closely associated with the above is belief in the following:

Belief in the angels – Jibreel, Mikail, Israfeel, Maalik, Malakul-Maut (angel of death) Munkar, Nakir, etc. (Only Allaah knows their number.)

Belief in all the Messengers and Prophets of Allaah (Allaah’s peace on them all). No Muslim will disbelieve in a Prophet of Allaah, say Jesus (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam), and remains a Muslim. (Muslims are in a better condition).

Belief in the Heavenly Books – Torah, Zabur, Injeel and the Qur’aan (that confirms, or otherwise, of other Books.)

Belief in the Last Day (when the truth of Islâm as the religion of all the Prophets, among other things, will be resolved by the Judge - Allaah).

And belief in preordainment (Qadar), that Allaah had foreknowledge of what would be and what would not be; that I am typing these lines now had been preordained. The Prophet (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) has said the first thing Allaah created was the Pen, and He said to it: ‘Write,’ the Pen asked: ‘What should I write?’ He said write all what will be till the end of time.’ So all that is, whether good or bad, Allaah had the foreknowledge of them. Our Lord is a Mighty Lord, Above is He from all false things He has been described with.

The points above constitute the bedrock of the Aqeedah (Creed) of a Muslim.

The second pillar is observance of the Salat (Prayer).

It is a commandment from Allaah that the Muslims must observe the Salat five times a day (Sub’h, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib and Ishaa).

“Perform AsSalât from mid-day till the darkness of the night (i.e. the Zuhr, 'Asr, Maghrib, and 'Ishâ' prayers), and recite the Qur'ân in the early dawn (i.e. the morning prayer). Verily, the recitation of the Qur'ân in the early dawn is ever witnessed (attended by the angels in charge of mankind of the day and the night).” [Q17: 78].

Observing the Salat is a means of seeking nearness to Allaah; and they are meant to mould a Muslim in his daily life:

“, and perform As-Salât. Verily, As-Salât (the prayer) prevents from Al-Fahshâ' (i.e. great sins of every kind, unlawful sexual intercourse, etc.) and Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism, and every kind of evil wicked deed, etc.)” [Q29: 45]

The Salat is very important in a Muslim life that whoever does not observe it, wholly and knowingly, and calls him/herself a Muslim is not. The Prophet (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) has said: ‘Between a man and his becoming an unbeliever or a polytheist is when he leaves off the Salat. Whoever leaves off the Salat has disbelieved.’ (Authentic hadith).

We have other obligatory Salawat apart from the five mentioned above, an example of that is Salatu Jumah (observed once in a week – Fridays; it is not compulsory for women to attend). There are other supererogatory Salat called Naafilah – that accompany the daily Salawat and the pre-dawn prayer (Tahajjud). There occasional Salawat like the Prayers on the occasion of the two Eids (Adh’a and Fitr); Prayer for rain, prayer when there is eclipse, etc. The Nawafil are optional.

It is noteworthy that the number of times a Muslim will observe the Salat in a day was given by Allaah to His Messenger in the latter’s momentous and historic journey to the heavens (Israa wa Miraaj). All the Christians on this Forum would instantly add that to another ‘lies’ of Al-Ameen (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam), poor them. Well unbelievers’ lot are to disbelieve, carry on. The Jews disbelieved, and are still disbelieving, in Jesus Christ (and the Christians loved, and love, them more than the Muslims, what an irony!).
[All the Arabs used to know the Prophet (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) as Al-Ameen (the trustworthy one; he never told a lie in his life) but they called him a liar when he told them there is only one God. Was it possible that someone who did not tell a lie when dealing with people would tell lie when referring to God? Unbelievable.]

The third pillar is fasting in the month of Ramadan (the ninth month of Islamic calendar).

“O you who believe! Observing As-Saum (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqûn (the pious).” [Q2: 183].

So it is glaring from the above verse that fasting in Ramadan was commanded so that Muslims will learn more piety. And it is so.

Imagine a fasting Muslim who refrains from eating and having intimacy with his wife while he has the power to do such, especially the former, in secret without anybody bringing him to book, but he will not do that because he knows that the Supreme Being sees him. That is it.

Fasting can also be obligatory or supererogatory. Muslims do not fast in Ramadan alone.

Thus fasting is another means of seeking nearness to Allaah (the Mighty and Sublime).

The fourth pillar is paying the Zakat.

“And perform As-Salât, and give Zakât, ” [Q2: 43].

So giving the Zakat is obligatory on the rich Muslims those whose wealth has gone beyond the Nisaab (the minimum standard of wealth from which Zakat can be given). The Nisaab, which today is according to the gold value, is around N250,000 now (subject to confirmation please). A rich Muslim who has more than that amount in his savings for a whole year without touching it will pay 2.5 per cent of it as Zakat, and they are meant for:

“, the Fuqarâ' (poor), and Al-Masâkin (the poor) and those employed to collect (the funds); and for to attract the hearts of those who have been inclined (towards Islâm); and to free the captives; and for those in debt; and for Allâh's Cause (the necessary and obligatory warfare), and for the wayfarer (a traveller who is cut off from everything); a duty imposed by Allâh. And Allâh is All-Knower, All-Wise.” [Q9: 60].

When the Zakat is properly managed and administered by the Islamic Community, then you will see how Allaah uses the Muslims to enrich one another. Some Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia are trying in this regard.

And if you read the verse above carefully, you will notice that it is not even only the Muslims that receive the Zakat.

In a Muslim State, non-Muslims who are called people of the books (viz. Xtians and Jews) are not to pay Zakat but will pay Jizyah (for the security they receive from the Islamic state). When Jesus comes back (as certain he will come back, no good Muslim will deny this, he will remove the Jizyah because by then the non-Muslims namely the Christians (alive then) will have no option but to become Muslims. You will laugh, GODSON et all, won’t you? That is the truth from our LORD - Allaah.

“And he ['Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)] shall be a known sign for (the coming of) the Hour (Day of Resurrection) [i.e. 'Iesa's (Jesus) descent on the earth] . Therefore have no doubt concerning it (i.e. the Day of Resurrection). And follow Me (Allâh) (i.e. be obedient to Allâh and do what He orders you to do, O mankind)! This is the Straight Path (of Islâmic Monotheism, leading to Allâh and to His Paradise).” [Q43: 61].

The non-obligatory aspect of Zakat is what is called Sadaqah, voluntary alms, which is an everyday activity of a Muslim.

The last pillar is going on hajj.

The Muslims have evidence for Hajj they go to, we do not copy people. But people copy us.

“, And Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah) to the House (Ka'bah) is a duty that mankind owes to Allâh, those who can afford the expenses (for one's conveyance, provision and residence); and whoever disbelieves [i.e. denies Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah), then he is a disbeliever of Allâh], then Allâh stands not in need of any of the 'Alamîn (mankind and jinns).” [Q3: 97].

Non-Muslims should know that the institution of Hajj had been a commandment handed down by Allaah to Ibrahim (Abraham) – the Father of Faith.

“And (remember) when We showed Ibrâhim (Abraham) the site of the (Sacred) House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) (saying): "Associate not anything (in worship) with Me, [Lâ ilâha ill-Allâh (none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh Islâmic Monotheism], and sanctify My House for those who circumambulate it, and those who stand up for prayer, and those who bow (submit themselves with humility and obedience to Allâh), and make prostration (in prayer, etc.);” [Q22: 26].

“And (remember) when Ibrâhim (Abraham) and (his son) Ismâ'il (Ishmael) were raising the foundations of the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah), (saying), "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us. Verily! You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.” [Q2: 127].

Note, Oh Christians, that the Arabs whom the Prophet (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) met in Makkah never denied that fact even though they would have denied it as they did for other facts, because they knew it was nothing but the truth. But you Christians, here and in other places, you open your mouths and say Ka’bah ‘is a house in Makkah that houses a god called Allaah.’

“Indeed you have brought forth (said) a terrible evil thing. Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the mountains fall in ruins” [Q19: 89-90].

It is stated in the Bible (get it right now, the Bible is an admixture of words of God and men [some of you have confirmed that on other threads]; Muslims believe in what comes from God there as confirmed by the Qur’ân and the authentic narrations from the Prophet (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) [like here O Israel our God is One] and we dsibeleive in what comes from men [e.g. that Jesus is God or that he is son of God {may Allaah be glorified from that}], so please take note.) so it is stated (in the Bible) that Abraham was commanded to take Ishmael (Isma’eel) and his mother (Haajar) away. To where? Please we need your answer.

Meanwhile Islâm has answered that:

Allah said quoting Ibrahim:

“O our Lord! I (Ibrahim) have made some of my offspring to dwell in an uncultivable valley by Your Sacred House (the Ka'bah at Makkah); in order, O our Lord, that they may perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), so fill some hearts among men with love towards them, and (O Allâh) provide them with fruits so that they may give thanks.” [Q14: 37]

Notice Ibrahim’s supplication for Makkah in the verse. Will you understand, O Christians?

So a nation has been born through Islâm Muhammad, a grandson of Ishmael, brought as commissioned by Allaah. The nation is a great one, as the Bible (the one that comes from God) attests to; and the Jews are highly Jealous of it, as it (the Bible) also says.

So Ka’abah was the first house of worship on the surface of the earth.
“Verily, the first House (of worship) appointed for mankind was that at Bakkah (Makkah), full of blessing, and a guidance for Al-'Alamîn (the mankind and jinns).” [Q3: 96]

Back to the issue of hajj being the last pillar of Islâm.

It is obligatory on capable Muslims to go on Hajj:

“That they may witness things that are of benefit to them (i.e. reward of Hajj in the Hereafter, and also some worldly gain from trade, etc.), and mention the Name of Allâh on appointed days (i.e. 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th day of Dhul-Hijjâh), over the beast of cattle that He has provided for them (for sacrifice) (at the time of their slaughtering by saying: Bismillah, Wallâhu-Akbar, Allâhumma Minka wa Ilaik). Then eat thereof and feed therewith the poor who have a very hard time. Then let them complete the prescribed duties (Manâsik of Hajj) for them, and perform their vows, and circumambulate the Ancient House (the Ka'bah at Makkah).” [Q22: 28-29].

So the hajj is also for spiritual development of the Muslims.

The non-obligatory hajj is called Umrah – it can be performed any period out of the Hajj months (the Hajj months are Shawwal, Dhul-Qi’dah and up to tenth day of Dhul-Hijjah). But it is best performed in Ramadan.

Go to Hajj and see equality par excellence. In Hajj all Muslims (heads-of-state, peasants, traders, labourers, etc) stand, walk, pray side by side.
There is no Muslim that will go on Hajj except that his Faith will increase.

The Prophet (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) has said a hajj performed by a Muslim whereby he avoids all forms of sins (arguments, fighting, sexual intimacy with one’s wife {when adorning the Ihraam}) has no reward except that the person will come back like the day his mother gave birth to him – a sinless state. Allahu Akbar! (We do not need somebody’s blood).

These are what we the Muslims worship our Lord with, we are happy we are so guided, we implore those who are not Muslims to reason alongside their Creator so that they know what He wants from them, not what they want from Him.
[‘Inu midun pe moje Muslim’ (I am happy I am a Muslim)].

Peace unto those who follow the guidance.

NB: (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) means: May Allaah exalt his mentioning, and bestow him peace.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by abulbanaat(m): 10:46am On Oct 05, 2009
@Uplawal
Jazakillahu khairan.

I am but a learner, the rest are sheikhs. I have learnt very well from them on this Forum. I do enjoy Abuzola when he ‘hits them;’ I know they forced him into that. But I counsel him to be softer perhaps Allaah will open their hearts to Islam. We should not lose hope on them.
And because Allaah says:

“And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allâh, lest they insult Allâh wrongfully without knowledge. Thus We have made fairseeming to each people its own doings; then to their Lord is their return and He shall then inform them of all that they used to do” [Q6: 108].

@Muslim brethren, may Allaah continue to be with you. I used to be glad of the way you stood in defence of Islam when I could not post in, while those guys were making jest of me ‘Mujahedeen don run comot.’

"But honour, power and glory belong to Allâh, His Messenger (Muhammad), and to the believers, but the hypocrites (and the unbelievers [Christians and Jews and their acolytes]) know not.” [Q63: 8.]

Umar bn Khataab (may Allaah be pleased with him) has said: ‘We were a people (formerly) despised and Allaah gave us honour through Islâm. But whenever we seek honour in other than Islâm, we will become despised (again).’ Muslims ponder on that.

Islam is our PRIDE but their FEAR.
Let them come out and say no.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by abulbanaat(m): 10:51am On Oct 05, 2009
Now hope to hear from GODSON2009 et all.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by Nezan(m): 1:34pm On Oct 05, 2009
What a long post . . undecided . .
Cant you give clear cut and straight to the point answers . . . .
These unnecesarily long posts make for bad reading. wink
Re: Ask Me About Islam by olabowale(m): 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2009
why cant nezan take time to read, even though he claims its a long post? break it down, nezan into portions for your easy reads!
Re: Ask Me About Islam by Nezan(m): 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2009
ok, help me break it wink
Re: Ask Me About Islam by olabowale(m): 3:58am On Oct 06, 2009
you are not a toddler, so you can navigate through the maze of knowledge from abulbanaat.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by abulbanaat(m): 6:25am On Oct 06, 2009
Any other questions?
Re: Ask Me About Islam by abulbanaat(m): 6:35am On Oct 06, 2009
It is good i avoid this mr nezan 4 now. If he has a questn let hm ask otherwise he should let there b peace. I rmain unprovoked.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by abulbanaat(m): 7:11am On Oct 06, 2009
@olabowale, thank you Sir.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 06, 2009
Abulbanaat?
Is this GP booster of Ife? When I saw the tone of your challenge in your first post, I was almost sure that this would be somebody I knew.
In any case, I'm also somebody you know very well in Ife!
Re: Ask Me About Islam by Nezan(m): 11:50am On Oct 06, 2009
Re: Ask Me About Islam by abulbanaat(m): 7:21pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Jarus I am an associate there on a year-contract, I will love to know you better too. I think we should make that between us. Get to me through abulbanaat1427@gmail.com, I shall be expecting that.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by abulbanaat(m): 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Nezan why are you gloomy, cheer up. That is just the truth. Or you want to declare , ? Cheer up, this is a matter of salvation, cheer up.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by muhsin(m): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2009
I am praying for Nezan. cool
Re: Ask Me About Islam by abulbanaat(m): 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2009
That is nice.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by Abuzola(m): 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2009
@abdulbanaat, i ve a question for you too in hajj thread
Re: Ask Me About Islam by Nezan(m): 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2009
What kind of prayer will a muslim utter on mybehalf when all they do is exclaim allahu akbar. You guys will be surprised that they will not be any allahu akbar in heaven wink
Re: Ask Me About Islam by abulbanaat(m): 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2009
"Verily, those who disbelieve, it is the same to them whether you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) warn them or do not warn them, they will not believe. Allâh has set a seal on their hearts and on their hearings, (i.e. they are closed from accepting Allâh's Guidance), and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be a great torment." [Q2: 6-7]
Re: Ask Me About Islam by GODSON2009(m): 12:38am On Oct 09, 2009
@abulbanaat
while i appreciate the long winded response,if you cared to ask your brethren abuzola and olabowale,you will realise that posting 1 million quranic verses to answer a simple and straightforward question does not impress me one bit.
in your response,you ruther said that i should open my heart,at what expense?

are you saying if i dont believe the lies and contradictions in islam im not opening my heart? grin
well,i am a born again christian,and i have opened my heart wide open by reading copiously from the quran,including several hadiths,my honest appraisal after doing so is that i am much more convinced than ever before that christianity is the way to go as your religion is full of gaping holes,which no one has been able to fill.

on the first note,of the satanic verse,you have not answered me question still,
mohammad,spoke in support of the worship of the three godess true or false?

b.again,i will reiterate that this same explanation of yours have been eloquently given by olabowale but it didnt wash then,and it certainly isnt going to wash now,

i will equally cite some examples when mohammad enjoined his followers in the quran that there was no compulsion in islam,secondly he also told his followers that in the execution of jihad christians and jews who did not convert were to be let alone,but to pay jizya,however the same mohammad,warned his followers not to take non believers as friends and also enjoined them to strive against them anywhere they are metwithout turning their backs, mohammad tells his followers to behead unbelievers polytheists,christians and jews and cut off their fingertips.
im sure you realise that the last quranic verses where mohammad asked you his followers to kill all jews and christians,has abrogated all other verses

this simple example will do for now,because i have posted a whole lot of the contradictions on various threads especially in the religion section,so its only fair to await favourable responses to them from you guys.

pls explain to me how this abrogation as you will call it is in the interest of peace and mutual co existence?

concerning the satanic verses,you are now saying the same thing i hate hearing from muslims when they are cornered,
how come its only unfavourable hahadiths that are unreliable?
the ones which paints islam in positive light are reliable right? how convenient grin

my dear sire,dont explain offensive and defensive jihad to me i dislike being patronised.i will explain it to you if you so care,
in case you didnt realise,the offensive jihad assertion which you are on about,has been totally and unequivocally rejected by radical islamist,it is not supported in core islamic states like the middle east far east north africa e.t.c,and the only proponents of it are the modern islamist and western backed islamic states and organisations,the quranic verse of no compulsion in religion,including the defensive jihad has been abrogated by the sword verses,and if you cared to study your quran,you will find that out,

dont worry sire,the fire and brimstone scaredy tactics of hell fire mohammad has been suing to hoodwink you people will not work with me, i simply am not interested in the other abrogations because it does nothing for me,answer directly the abrogation concerning jihad/the sword verses,which you are yet to do.

well,why not forget about what others have written about your supposedly "holy" prophet and lets do a simple yes or no session.
1.did your prophet indulge in a free for all sexual proclivity?
2.did he covet and eventually take his adopted son's wife?
3.did he sleep with slave girls,to the extent that his wives were murmuring?
4.did he assasinate a poet that satirized him and then later pay blood money?
5.did he murder people in cold blood?
6.did he rob innocent traders?

ill await your prompt answers to these six questions before i post more, the reasons for this is so that we dispense with the whole rigmarole of writing an essay,which doesnt even address the questions in the first place

i dont know where you got your facts from,but look towards nigeria where i presume you are presently domiciled and tell me which is the fastest growing religion?

now look towards the united states of america and tell me which is the fastest growing religion?
go to europe,even the traditionally core islamic states are being slowly converted, places like somalia are having a higher amount of christians,indonesia,malaysia
have you seen the size of redemption camp lately?
please if this is meant to be a feel good comment,then i wont burst your bubble,but i suggest you research on hard facts,which is what i deal in,not conjectures,

to prove my assertion of gender inequality in islam,

quran 4;34, Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great, SO DO YOU BEAT YOUR OWN WIFE?

bukhari 72;715, A woman came to Muhammad and begged her to stop her husband from beating her. Her skin was bruised so badly that she it is described as being "greener" than the green veil she was wearing. Muhammad did not admonish her husband, but instead ordered her to return to him and submit to his sexual desires

women worth considerably less than men, check your quran 4;11
Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half,

the last but not the least for now,

quran 2;228, and the men are a degree above them [women]"

in case you didnt realise,it simply means that they have a frree will and right to do what they want,if GOD made you drink from the gutters each time you sinned,do you know how many times you would have only today??
who are you or any male to say or determine any woman's rightful place,what if she wanted to lead a mosque and she was qualified,will islam allow that?, lol i though so too
please do not justify an archaic and inhumane doctrine of islam because you want your religion to appear good i hope i have proven to you that gender in equality is alive and kicking in islam.

if you have not discovered the verses where mohammad's wives were murmurring,i will oblige you,because im good like that grin

quran 33;51
You may put off whom you please of them, and you may take to you whom you please, and whom you desire of those whom you had separated provisionally; no blame attaches to you; this is most proper, so that their eyes may be cool and they may not grieve, and that they should be pleased, all of them with what you give them, and Allah knows what is in your hearts; and Allah is Knowing, Forbearing,

now read verse 52,
It is not allowed to you to take women afterwards, nor that you should change them for other wives, though their beauty be pleasing to you, except what your right hand possesses and Allah is Watchful over all things

these two verses were in reference to the time your prophet's many wives were grumbling at the attention he was giving to a slave girl(mary the copt)

now look at quran66;1-5

and to satisfy your curiousity,look at
quran 4;24

i hope this is enough proof,

as for taking his step son's wife to himself,i wont even bother answering that because its either you are pulling my legs,but if you are serious,then i will refer you to sheik 1 on uplawal's list to educate you further,

you see what i am saying?why the whole rigmarole,when you eventually agreed with me that the marriage to aisha was contracted at 6 years old
please let us be direct and stop dilly dallying,over mundane and moot points//

you dont need to teach me how the jews were tercherous,because ithey are simply lies, the problem mohammad had with them,was because they never accepted him as a bonafide prophet,and that s what islam has been about, you did not respond to my assertions rather you kept quiet, for a sheik 3 or what is your post on uplawal's ranking,you should be doing better grin

im not reffering to just battle of badr,which was officially or unofficially the first millitant jihad,i am reffering to the time mohammad arrived in yathrib or medina as it was later known,he could not farm,as the quraysh tribe where he was from were predominantly traders,hence he started raiding and stealing from innocent travellers to make ends meet the question is
1.if he was a true prophet,why didint he simply pay to his own allah for providence of food and drinks instead of resorting to self help shedding innocent blood??
2.was he that lazy,that he could not adapt to farming?he wouldnt be the one doing the actual work,but his followers so why take the easy way out??

i wish i could sit down at home tmorrow,and money credited to my account,bi can do that by being a criminal and taking the easy way out,but i chose to work hard,why didint your prophet take the moral high ground, if he is your beaon and compass of moral probity,then no wonder suicide bombers are running riot everywhere,

well,the difference between the islamic millitants and the lords army in uganda e.t.c is that in the new testament there is nowhere GOD tells or enjoins his disciples to strive against unbeleivers,rather he highlights love and compassion at every opportunity. but the quran makes it abundantly clear and imperative that you must fight against unbeleivers,tales abound of all the christians you are beheading all over, google the somalian christians your brothers just beheaded a couple of days ago,yet we will continue to preach love and evangelize either you like it or not and we love you our brothers and sisters even if you hate us, and i know that makes you people really mad but tough!!!we love you

as to your question well the answer can be answered in the various northern religious riots,in spite of the churches and the christians killed,we still extend our hands of fellowhip to muslims yes or no?
Re: Ask Me About Islam by muhsin(m): 1:00pm On Oct 09, 2009
Who Allah guides none can lead astray; and whom He leads astray none can lead aright.

[center] [/center]
Re: Ask Me About Islam by muhsin(m): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2009
P:S

@abulbanaat,

Allah sees your effort; but these folks will never understand a thing. How? Hmm. They keep on repeating one thing for eternity, for example, that of Satanic Verses, abrogation, allegation Muslims are doomed to hell, pedophilia, apostasy, etc. You'll explained these mere "challenges" million times and they will ask again and again. What I say above sum everything up.

More-over, remember prophet Muhammad's case with Abu Dalib. Allah revealed verses to the saddened prophet that it's only Allah Himself who guides. Just can't quote the verses but am sure they occur to you.
Re: Ask Me About Islam by GODSON2009(m): 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2009
yea right,these pertinent issues do not require long winded quranic verses to explain or justify them,they are simple yes or no answers,

if you caught me red handed dipping my hands in your pot of soup,with my mouth full of meat,what other explanations is there to do?
will you sit there while i start telling you stories of how i was looking for something in the cupboard,and my hand accidentally went into your pot of stew e.t.c?? grin grin
that is what you muslims are doing,answer me with a simple yes or no!!!

1.did mohammed a 52 years old man marry a 6 years old girl and later have sex with her when she turned 9? yes or no,without explanations!!if no i have proof.

2.did mohammed leading a band of renegades and armed robbers raid and kill innocent traders,even during the holy month??yes or no,without explanations!!no and i have proof.

3.did mohammad support the 3 godess,and later abrogate the verses in the medina period??yes or no without explanations, if no i have proof

4.did mohammaed indulge in an uncontrollable sexual orgy,both with female slaves and numerous wioves,to the extent that his wives were murmuring?yes or no without explanation if no i have proof

5.did mohammed abrogate the "no compulsion in religion"and the one where he enjoined his followers to let the christians and jews alone save the polytheist with the sword verses??yes or no without explanation,if no i have proof of the sword verses.

i dont have time for stories,simply answe these questions straight direct and i will post the second set of questions, your quran is full of gaping holes and contradictions
muhsin:

Who Allah guides none can lead astray; and whom He leads astray none can lead aright.

[center] [/center]
you are right sire,its just a pity that mohammad and the allah who has gone on an extended break for the past hundreds of years started leading his followers astray a long time before we were born, hence the several bloodshed both in suicide bombing,and the early death of young girls who are forced to have sex as more or less babies following the path of mohammed
Re: Ask Me About Islam by littleb(m): 9:26am On Oct 10, 2009
@GODSON2009
Wrong questions get No answers. Your questions motive shows no sincerity. Why do you want know more about someone's faith with huge arrogance. You want us to give you response to some misconceptions with simple YES or NO. No explanation, no reference from Quran or hadiths. I think you need to be ignored.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daily Supplications Of The Prophet- Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam / Prophet Muhammad & His Grandchildren; / Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 202
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.