Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. (4517 Views)

People Are Very Wicked In This Life / People Are Very Wicked In This World See What A Housemaid Did To Her Madam / Akwa Ibom People Are Angry, They Say NTA Must Apologize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 5:23am On Aug 15, 2016
We searched for some of the most astonishing fitness achievements. Some amazing, some weird, and some just pretty silly. And you’ve probably never heard of any of them.
The following people are taking it to the extremes, please dont try these at home.

http://greatist.com/fitness/weird-world-records
http://listverse.com/2016/06/27/10-impressive-feats-of-human-endurance/

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 5:26am On Aug 15, 2016
1. Greatest Distance Traveled on a Treadmill.

Hopping on the dread-mill for even a few miles can feel, well, dreadful.

In 2008, Tony Mangan of Ireland took his few miles further with a 48-hour stint, clocking in just under 252 miles. That’s like an ultra, ultra marathon. As goes the story for many Guinness records, Mangan lost his initial record to Suresh Joachim, but he regained the title soon after.

1 Share

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by satelliteDISH(m): 5:30am On Aug 15, 2016
Another Explorer masterpiece loading...

Let me buy this plot of land...

WARNING!!!

No trespassing on my land.
No planting of any garden on my land.
I have willed it to my unborn kids.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 5:33am On Aug 15, 2016
2. Longest Time in an Abdominal Plank.

One of the most impressive mind and body feats on this list comes from George Hood, who held a anabdominal plank for 1 hour, 20minutes, and 5 seconds, two days shy of his 54th birthday.

A year later, Hood decided it made perfect sense to kill his own record. At age 55 he did it for 3hours, 7minutes, and 15 seconds. That time stood until May 2014, when Mao Weidong bested him by more than an hour, holding the position for a whopping 4 hours and and 26 minutes.

Actually i didn't see anything big in this untill i tried it this morning, with my stopwatch i held the position for 1minute and 8seconds but i saw HELL.

Wish more people can see this and give a trial.

Lalasticlala how many minutes can you go this morninggrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by hakunajay(m): 5:37am On Aug 15, 2016
Explorers:

One of the most impressive mind and body feats on this list comes from George Hood, who held a anabdominal plank for 1 hour, 20minutes, and 5 seconds, two days shy of his 54th birthday.

A year later, Hood decided it made perfect sense to kill his own record. At age 55 he did it for 3hours, 7minutes, and 15 seconds. That time stood until May 2014, when Mao Weidong bested him by more than an hour, holding the position for a whopping 4 hours and and 26 minutes.

Actually i didn't see anything big in this untill i tried it this morning, with my stopwatch i held the position for 1minute and 8seconds but i saw HELL.

Bros, seems you're lazy? I can do this for 6 hours non stop. No be joke o...
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 5:38am On Aug 15, 2016
3. Most Push-Ups Using Back of Hands in One Hour.

Known for tons of records and endurance feats from 932 sit-ups with a 50-pound weight to most miles speed-marched carrying a 10-pound concrete block, pro athlete Paddy Doyle is no stranger to feats of stamina. In 2007, Doyle completed 1,940 push-ups in one hour using only the backs of his hands.

I can't push one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by whirlwind7(m): 5:42am On Aug 15, 2016
I dare say the denizens of Naija are the most endurable people on planet earth. They have been equipped with the strongest shock absorbers known to man. We can endure any situation, walahi!

What's more, the reason why all of these record feats and many more are not held by Naija folks is because they haven't bothered to do so. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 5:45am On Aug 15, 2016
4. 73 Days Living Underwater.

The Jules Undersea Lodge, off the coast of Key Largo, Florida, was billed as the world’s only underwater hotel. We included it on a list of undersea facilities you could actually live in a couple years back.

In late 2014, biologists Bruce Cantrell and Jessica Fain completed a 10-week stay at the Lodge, barely besting a 22-year-old record set by NASA astronaut Richard Presley at the same facility, and he at least had the excuse of preparing for a long stay in space.

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Kenneth205(m): 5:45am On Aug 15, 2016
tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Funjosh(m): 5:48am On Aug 15, 2016
Explorers:
3. Most Push-Ups Using Back of Hands in One Hour.

Known for tons of records and endurance feats from 932 sit-ups with a 50-pound weight to most miles speed-marched carrying a 10-pound concrete block, pro athlete Paddy Doyle is no stranger to feats of stamina. In 2007, Doyle completed 1,940 push-ups in one hour using only the backs of his hands.

I can't push one.

Look at you, while me can't push half tongue

1 Like

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 5:52am On Aug 15, 2016
5. 438 Days Living In Space.

When American astronaut Scott Kelly returned to Earth after 340 days aboard the International Space Station in early 2016, he set the US record for consecutive days in space.

No fewer than four Russian cosmonauts have spent over a year in space, beginning with a 1987 mission aboard the now-defunct Mir Space Station, which was decidedly smaller and less hospitable than the new International version. But the true Big Kahuna of space flight is Valeri Polyakov, who between 1994 and 1995 logged a whopping 438 consecutive days aboard Mir.

Picture is American Scott Kelly, spent 340 days in space.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 5:53am On Aug 15, 2016
Funjosh:

Look at you, while me can't push half tongue

grin Ole......
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Funjosh(m): 5:58am On Aug 15, 2016
Explorers:

When American astronaut Scott Kelly returned to Earth after 340 days aboard the International Space Station in early 2016, he set the US record for consecutive days in space.

No fewer than four Russian cosmonauts have spent over a year in space, beginning with a 1987 mission aboard the now-defunct Mir Space Station, which was decidedly smaller and less hospitable than the new International version. But the true Big Kahuna of space flight is Valeri Polyakov, who between 1994 and 1995 logged a whopping 438 consecutive days aboard Mir.

All these astronauts whenever they pupu where does it goes to
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Destined2win: 6:00am On Aug 15, 2016
Plot 1.
This goes for 50 Million naira
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 6:00am On Aug 15, 2016
6. 264 Hours With No Sleep.

Way back in 1965, a high school student named Randy Gardner, under the supervision of Stanford University researchers, set a record that has not been touched to this day for multiple reasons. He stayed awake, without the use of stimulants, for over 11 straight days.

By day 11, his condition was described like this: “Expressionless appearance, speech slurred and without intonation; had to be encouraged to talk to get him to respond at all.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Destined2win: 6:00am On Aug 15, 2016
Plot 2
I can give you this at 70 million naira
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 6:10am On Aug 15, 2016
7. 22 Minutes Underwater With No Air.

With a PhD in medicine, mastery of the art of yoga, and an incredibly manly name, Stig Severinsen has dedicated a great portion of his life to breathing. And not merely in the sense thatwe all do his current profession involves teaching people to breathe better, and if there is anyone qualified, it is Stig. After spending most of his adult life setting diving records (for both depth and time, with fins and without) Stig dropped the mic in 2012 after setting one that is highly unlikely to ever be broken. He stayed submerged, without assistance, for 22 full minutes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 6:16am On Aug 15, 2016
8. 86 Hours Running Continuously.

In 2012, New Zealander Kim Allan made a serious attempt at breaking the 486-kilometer (302 mi) continuous running record set by American Pam Reed. She failed, despite running over 85 hours, after suffering frightening hallucinations and losing all of her toenails. This in itself is impressive enough, but more so is that she tried to break the same record again the following year and succeeded, covering 499 kilometers (310 mi) in just over 86 hours.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 6:28am On Aug 15, 2016
9. Wim “Iceman” Hof.

He holds 20 Guinness World Records for withstanding extreme cold.
He swam under the ice at the North Pole for a world record breaking 80 meters in nothing more than a standard swim suit.
He holds the record for the worlds longest ice bath, spending a whopping 1 hour and 13 minutes submerged in nothing but ice.
He’s completed a full marathon North of the Arctic circle, again, in nothing more than shorts.
He’s climbed both Mount Everest and Kilimanjaro in nothing more than a pair of shorts and sandals.
People have climbed Everest with the warmest clothing known to man and have still died of hypothermia. Scientists have been so startled by Wim’s abilities that they decided to turn him into a lab rat and find out what exactly allows him to do all these.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:35am On Aug 15, 2016
Funjosh:

All these astronauts whenever they pupu where does it goes to
Robert Frost has answered that question severally....just sign up on quora.com to learn more,I can tell you that's the most informative site I've ever visited!

1 Like

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 6:36am On Aug 15, 2016
10. Dashrath Manjhi a.k.a. Mountain Man Carving a Road Through a Mountain.

Dashrath Manjhi, the Mountain Man, was not a bodybuilder or daredevil. He was a simple laborer in India. His wife died due to lack of medical treatment since the nearest doctor was 70 km away from his village because of a mountain. He did not want anyone else too suffer the same fate, so he carved a through cut that was 110 meters long, 7.6 metersdeep in places and 9.1 meters wide to form a road through the mountain.

He worked every day and night for 22 years to do this and reduced the distance between the Atri and Wazirganj areas of the Gaya district from 75 km to 1 km. He was given national acclaim for his feat.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by kelvine(m): 6:55am On Aug 15, 2016
Nigerian boxer knocked out his opponent in only 22 seconds in the ongoing olympic games.
Pictures later

8 Likes

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by paschal47(m): 7:45am On Aug 15, 2016
Explorers:

lol the day i tried this shit i lasted for a minute and thirty seconds.
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 15, 2016
Explorers:

Honestly, this plank isn't easy at all shocked .... My Personal record still stands at 2 mins sad sad

1 Like

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Davidhero(m): 7:59am On Aug 15, 2016
Explorers:

yea, i watched most of his videos on YouTube. But i believe his back on Earth.
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by ichommy(m): 8:46am On Aug 15, 2016
Professor Explorers on this One.
*Open notepad*
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by ichommy(m): 8:51am On Aug 15, 2016
hakunajay:

Bros, seems you're lazy? I can do this for 6 hours non stop. No be joke o...

Continue

7 Likes

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Aminat508(f): 8:59am On Aug 15, 2016
Na this kind thread you go see Funjosh and Ichommy angry
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 9:08am On Aug 15, 2016
11. 41 Minutes Without Blinking.

In the Northern Territory of Australia, which is frankly the only place on Earth we would expect people to voluntarily submit themselves to such punishment, a competition was held in 2011 to raise money for a local boy who needed a new wheelchair.

It was a staring competition. The contestants ranged in age from toddlers to full-grown adults, and it was called “So You Think You Can Stare.” The last two standing were Fergal “Eyesore” Fleming and Steven “Stare Master” Stagg, who both obliterated the previous Guinness record of 17 minutes. Stagg finally blinked at 41 minutes 59 seconds.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by kunlesehan(m): 9:30am On Aug 15, 2016
Explorers:
7. 22 Minutes Underwater With No Air.

With a PhD in medicine, mastery of the art of yoga, and an incredibly manly name, Stig Severinsen has dedicated a great portion of his life to breathing. And not merely in the sense thatwe all do his current profession involves teaching people to breathe better, and if there is anyone qualified, it is Stig. After spending most of his adult life setting diving records (for both depth and time, with fins and without) Stig dropped the mic in 2012 after setting one that is highly unlikely to ever be broken. He stayed submerged, without assistance, for 22 full minutes.
During my years in FUTO, I saw a villager stay under water for well over 30mins.

3 Likes

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by hahn(m): 9:39am On Aug 15, 2016
Nigerians- A lifetime without experiencing 24 hour power supply undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by JohnFrankling(m): 9:45am On Aug 15, 2016
You go fear some people,Wim 'iceman' hof tho

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Wealthiest Countries In Africa / Why Does Phcn/nepa Always Interupt Power Supply When Its Raining? / The 10 Most Destructive Tsunamis In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.