Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:57 PM

Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas (3632 Views)

Should I Resign To Study In The US, UK Or Just Stay Back In Nigeria? / Visa Exempt Countries For US, UK and Schengen Permit Holders / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by jovlar1979(m): 11:56am On Sep 26, 2009
It is a general believe that a visa to the US,UK or CANADA is always difficult to get.

Meanwhile the reason for a lot of visa refusals to these countries could be any of the following:

1.Presentation of fake documents

2.No substantial evidence of fund

3.No proof of commitment to come back to Nigeria

4.No /little evidence of previous travel experience.

I will major on the last point.

The circumstances of an applicant to any of the embassies listed above is always put into consideration during the visa assessment.

From experience,a lot of people who have traveled to the US,UK or CANADA with little or no difficulty have one time or the other traveled to countries like China,South Africa or Malaysia before.The list is endless.This is wise to do because the visas to these so called "smaller countries" is easier to get without much travel experience compared to what happens at the US,UK or CANADIAN embassies.

Also,traveling to other countries from this so called "smaller countries" is far easier.

For example,with a student visa to study in china,you will be required to get a resident permit which will allow you extend your stay in China till the expiration of your studies.Once you get the resident permit,you can easily travel to Hongkong visa free.Also going to Malaysia from China as a student goes for a token.

With all this visa /entry stamps on your passport via just one major route of entering china as a student,you would have eventually gotten about 3-4 entry permit/visas on your passport which when taking to any of the so called "Almighty embassies"would boost your likelihood of getting a visa with ease
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2009
@ jovlar1979 ,

Are u sure that one don't need a visa to visit Hong Kong from China? But from Hong Kong one need a visa to visit China.
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by jovlar1979(m): 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2009
As a student with resident permit in China,you do not need a visa for Hongkong confirmed!
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by justwise(m): 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2009
Ok but one need a visa to China from Hong Kong?
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by jegede20: 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2009
You are right jovlar. I am a Nigerian studying in Siping City, China at present. One can not get a UK and Canada visa on a virgin passport this days. I will advise anybody that want to travel to US, Canada or Europe to try and come here first.

The visa to Hongkong from here is a point of entry visa (you don't need to go to hongkong embassy here to get it). You can even go to hongkong by train if you are in a place like shenzhen for just 100RMB (15USD)

Dave
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 26, 2009
jovlar1979:

For example,with a student visa to study in china,you will be required to get a resident permit which will allow you extend your stay in China till the expiration of your studies.Once you get the resident permit,you can easily travel to Hongkong visa free.Also going to Malaysia from China as a student goes for a token.

With all this visa /entry stamps on your passport via just one major route of entering china as a student,you would have eventually gotten about 3-4 entry permit/visas on your passport which when taking to any of the so called "Almighty embassies"would boost your likelihood of getting a visa with ease

From Experience:

The highlighted words above is deceptive!

You need a Visa Entry to Enter Hong Kong with a China Residence permit as long as your country is not free entry to HK.

Only countries that are free entry to HK do not need a visa

Even the Chinese obtain Visa to ENTER Hong Kong.

justwise:

Ok but one need a visa to China from Hong Kong?

Yes! a lot of agents are in Hong Kong to process China visa. Should be within 2 - 3 days.

jegede20:

You are right jovlar. I am a Nigerian studying in Siping City, China at present. One can not get a UK and Canada visa on a virgin passport this days. I will advise anybody that want to travel to US, Canada or Europe to try and come here first.

You are advising anybody before travelling to UK, US & Canada to come to china 1st before applying, looool, to come and do what? haha grin
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by justwise(m): 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2009
faakay:

From Experience:
The highlighted words above is deceptive!
You need a Visa Entry to Enter Hong Kong with a China Residence permit as long as your country is not free entry to HK.
Only countries that are free entry to HK do not need a visa
Even the Chinese obtain Visa to ENTER Hong Kong.
Yes! a lot of agents are in Hong Kong to process China visa. Should be within 2 - 3 days.
You are advising anybody before travelling to UK, US & Canada to come to china 1st before applying, looool, to come and do what? haha grin
U are absolutely right. One need a visa to enter China from Hong Kong or enter China from Hong Kong, i was in Hong Kong 2months ago, tried to visit China for shopping since things are cheaper there but i was told to get a visa. I asked that question intentionally and i'm glad u comfired it now.
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 27, 2009
Crap! angry
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by jegede20: 11:09am On Sep 27, 2009
faakay, you really need to visit china and see things yourself. I am here studying and I know what I am saying. so many buz opportunity here if you don't know. If you have been here I am sure you will not be saying that. In my University( Jilin Normal University, i have people from UK, Russian and even US. How many people from these country are in nija studying?

A small town like siping has facilities you can't find in most Nija cities. If you find yourself in China let me know, we will go to hongkong together if you think you can't get hongkong visa at the point of entry.

Average Chinese person still believe hongkong is part of them. I know what i am saying about hongkong visa from here because we use to go to hongkong from my school.

Faakay, come to China and see that the Lord is good.

Dave
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by justwise(m): 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2009
@ jegede20 .

The point is can one go to Hong Kong from China WITHOUT visa? Not getting visa at point of entry. thats not the same as going without visa. I know for a fact that one can not go to China FROM Hong Kong WITHOUT visa.
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2009
jegede20:

faakay, you really need to visit china and see things yourself. I am here studying and I know what I am saying. so many buz opportunity here if you don't know. If you have been here I am sure you will not be saying that. In my University( Jilin Normal University, i have people from UK, Russian and even US. How many people from these country are in nija studying?

A small town like siping has facilities you can't find in most Nija cities. If you find yourself in China let me know, we will go to hongkong together if you think you can't get hongkong visa at the point of entry.

Faakay, come to China and see that the Lord is good.

Dave

looooooool, 

This is not the issue. Oga you don't need to tell me all this stories,  I have been to beijing, shanghai, guangzhou, and some few cities!

I'm also currently studying in china - dalian, I have been to HK and you need a Visa. I don't know how you manage to enter HK from your school. Maybe another short-cut  tongue

You are advising anybody before travelling to UK, US & Canada to come to china 1st before applying,  looool, to come and do what? haha 

I quoted you regarding to your previous statement.

How many people got the money to travel to china first before applying for visa at the various countries you mentioned?

You will rather say people can come to china to study instead of UK, US & Canada and co, 

School fees are more cheaper, worth the value, same standard & facilities with the above countries you mentioned.

But it depends on the actual course you wanna study, do you know all courses are not taught in English Language? Just few are taught in ENG.

justwise:

@ jegede20 .

The point is can one go to Hong Kong from China WITHOUT visa? Not getting visa at point of entry. thats not the same as going without visa. I know for a fact that one can not go to China FROM Hong Kong WITHOUT visa.

abi ooooooooo,   grin

Average Chinese person still believe hongkong is part of them.

Mr Jegede!!!  grin

Hong Kong is another country entirely , but still managed by the Chinese Government.
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2009
Fellow nairalanders,

i am currently a nigerian student in norway, i want to get information on how easy it is to obtain a visit visa to canada from norway.

pls anybody with god information should reply me
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by jovlar1979(m): 6:37pm On Sep 27, 2009
Hello Mr faakay or what do u call yourself.This forum is not a battle front and should not be turned to one.Mature and objective opinion that can help us all is what will be appreciated.if you have a contrary view to the issue at hand then it should be appropriately done without making yourself the hero here.if you don't believe what jegede20 just said,then you are entitled to your opinion.Thank you all and let their be peace.
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2009
jovlar1979:

Hello Mr faakay or what do u call yourself.This forum is not a battle front and should not be turned to one.Mature and objective opinion that can help us all is what will be appreciated.if you have a contrary view to the issue at hand then it should be appropriately done without making yourself the hero here.if you don't believe what jegede20 just said,then you are entitled to your opinion.Thank you all and let their be peace.

I'm I turning this thread to to battle field?  shocked Who are those fighting?  undecided

So passing the right information is now a CRIME?

I'm out jaree! 
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by justwise(m): 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2009
jovlar1979:

Can u point out where faakay said something offensive in his post? He aired his view which is true and here u are accusing him of starting a war.
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by jegede20: 7:16am On Sep 28, 2009
Faakay,

Well Well Well, If you think you are the only one that knows all about here (China) so be it. Go back to my previous post and you will see clearly what I said. I said one can enter Hongkong from china with a point of Entry Visa not that you can go to Hongkong without a Visa.

And also Faakay, that you have visited beijing, shanghai, guangzhou is no big deal. I go to club in beijing almost every weekend so don't think you have done something speacial by going there ok. You don't need to tell us that not all university here teach in English, everybody knows that.

Just pass information and don't tell people that are not here the city or province you have visited.

One of my nija friend just got a visit visa to UK from here. this same guy has up to 3 uk visa rejection on his passport in nija before coming here. Some of my nija guys here are going to Russia for this 8days break for the celebration of new china and they have gotten the visa. All these are not easy to achieve in nija. Do you now want to tell me that somebody that has no visa on his passport and somebody that has 3 different visas on his own have thesame chance of getting visa to Uk and US from Nija?

The little that I know is that it very easy to get visa to western countries when you have travelled out of your country before.

Mr Faakay, I still insist that you can get to hongkong from China without going to any embassy here. The visa will be stamped on your passport at the point of entry. It not a short cut, it is legal Sir.

Dave
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by jovlar1979(m): 10:12am On Sep 28, 2009
@jegede20. Thank you Sir.Please keep informing this forum with good information like this.
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2009
jegede20:

Faakay,

Well Well Well, If you think you are the only one that knows all about here (China) so be it. Go back to my previous post and you will see clearly what I said. I said one can enter Hongkong from china with a point of Entry Visa not that you can go to Hongkong without a Visa.

And also Faakay, that you have visited beijing, shanghai, guangzhou is no big deal.

Who said it's a big deal?

I go to club in beijing almost every weekend so don't think you have done something speacial by going there ok.
And so?  undecided

You don't need to tell us that not all university here teach in English, everybody knows that. Not everybody knows that  undecided

Just pass information and don't tell people that are not here the city or province you have visited. I'm passing the information along with you, and also trying to explain to you according to your previous post that at least I know a little about china cos I ve been to this various cities. I'm not using the medium to boast or whatever cos there's no big deal about it. Some one can travel around all the cities no big deal.

One of my nija friend just got a visit visa to UK from here. this same guy has up to 3 uk visa rejection on his passport in nija before coming here. Some of my nija guys here are going to Russia for this 8days break for the celebration of new china and they have gotten the visa. All these are not easy to achieve in nija. Do you now want to tell me that somebody that has no visa on his passport and somebody that has 3 different visas on his own have thesame chance of getting visa to Uk and US from Nija?

Yes you are right here. It will be quite easy for you to get visas.

I'm not condemning all your points. You are driving this topic twisted.  Try and go thru my previous post again SIR! abeg i no fit type again! grin

The little that I know is that it very easy to get visa to western countries when you have travelled out of your country before. Sure,

Mr Faakay, I still insist that you can get to hongkong from China without going to any embassy here. The visa will be stamped on your passport at the point of entry. It not a short cut, it is legal Sir. Short cut doesn't mean I said it's illegal. Short cut can be legal or illegal. Am I wrong?  undecided

Well, I don't know about this before,  Thanks for the info anyway,

Dave

Conclusion:

If you got travelling experience, visas will be more easier to get.
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by emmablow11(m): 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2009
faakay:

Conclusion:

If you got travelling experience, visas will be more easier to get.

@ Mr Faakay

Matured conclusion cool
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2009
Fellow nairalanders,

i am currently a nigerian student in norway, i want to get information on how easy it is to obtain a visit visa to canada from norway.

Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2009
mobuch:

Fellow nairalanders,

Hello,

You can visit this website for more info:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/norway-norvege/index.aspx?lang=eng
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by suxes2005(m): 7:49pm On Sep 28, 2009
To study in the countries u llisted, wat is the cost? Kinda let me know 4 UG studies and also do dey offer Computer course in ENG?

SHALOM
Re: Tips for Us,uk ,canada Visas by Godspowerlive: 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
So even if ur going for student visa can't enter Canada with Virgin passport

(1) (Reply)

Why Have Nigerians 'casted' The UK? / Cost Of Travel. Nigeria Vs. Other Countries. / Is N3m Enough For 1 Week Trip To Dubai For A Family Of 4?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.