Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries (5245 Views)

Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries / Aviation Workers Protest Airport Concession - Pictures / Sacked 900 Dangote Workers Protest Non-Payment Of Benefits In Lagos (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries by LorDBolton(m): 8:37am On Aug 17, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I take issue with that your post re Olympics.

The reason why those nations you mentioned do well.....in sports....is because they have the cash to sponsor such sports.

Then there is the interest factor. Are Nigerians interested in sport (apart from football)? Would you agree if your son or daughter told you she wanted to be a long jumper instead of doctor or lawyer?

Guy if u actually move around you would be surprised the number of sports nigerians are interested in.

Not just sports but every aspect of life but that religious log of wood covering the eyes of parents and the nation @ large won't allow people pursue their dreams.

Everything is GOD GOD GOD... and PRAYER PRAYER PRAYER.

Make una kontinu.
Re: Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries by Ratebuster(m): 8:39am On Aug 17, 2016
[quote author=Proffdada post=48549307]Very sad. If only they've not been stupidly sentimental, they would have voted for apga instead of pdp undecided[/quote
local wailers
Re: Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries by chuksmad(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2016
This is what i expected Abians to do long ago. How can you own somebody 6months salary and expect him to survive? other sectors that are being owned should embark on strike also to get their rights.
Re: Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries by brexit: 9:40am On Aug 17, 2016
The unfortunate thing about the state is that all the PDP stakeholders in the southeast are being paid from the state since they lost election at the presidency,hence no one should expect the state to develop.moreover the governor is naive being a baby politician,he wants to settle everybody to the detriment of good people of his state.
Re: Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries by LorDBolton(m): 10:00am On Aug 17, 2016
buchilino:

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH U. IT'S EVEN BECOMING VERY IRRITATING. IF IT'S GOD THEN IT'S D DEVIL. I BELIEVE MOST NIGERIANS R WORKING WITH A REPROBATE MIND SET.

Azzin it's soo irritating.

Even the GOD is imported, the people who brought him/her to us have opened their eyes we still here stagnating and regressing

I was stunned to find out even their ISRAEL permits same sex marriage, gays and lez serving in army etc

Re: Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries by SIRTee15: 10:06am On Aug 17, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I take issue with that your post re Olympics.

The reason why those nations you mentioned do well.....in sports....is because they have the cash to sponsor such sports.

Then there is the interest factor. Are Nigerians interested in sport (apart from football)? Would you agree if your son or daughter told you she wanted to be a long jumper instead of doctor or lawyer?

guy expand your knowledge......its not wide enough

how much money does Jamaica have...... yet they are scooping all the medals in short sprints athletics.......

Cuban govt is broke and the country is behind the rest of the world by 60 years..... yet they are dominant in boxing.
and don't even tell me Cubans are crazy about boxing...... their prime sport is baseball.

I'm sure u will tell me every Kenyan or Ethiopian is a long distance runner.......
travel to those countries......majority are not interested.......
yet these 3rd world countries have dominated long distances races as far as I can remember........

take a look at the medal table and wonder why Hungary, a poor nation with a population less than 10 million should boast of 6 gold medals, and relatively unknown Kazakhstan has a total of 21medal haul......
now, u are here to tell us Nigeria can't win a medal because we are poor.... story...

and who told u education n sport don't go together.....
have u heard of NCAA....
do you know the aim behind NUGA games.....
doctors have competed and won medals at Olympics.....
Chioma ajunwa was a police officer when she won gold at Atlanta 96.....
ese Bruce, Nigerian female long jumper at this Olympic is a student of Uniben....
Tobi amusan, our hurdler is a sophomore at university of Texas......

pls stop feeding the public with wrong information.....
Nigeria is not a serious country, pure n simple......
we are very lazy.... both mentally n physically.....
and the result is what is glaring Rio......

1 Like

Re: Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries by ChukwuIbrahim: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2016
Africonji:
Rubbish. Is OVI the only governor that is owing All these sponsored protesters should be careful not to allow themselves to be used to play politics with the lives of Abians. The country is currently in economic recession and it is affecting all of us. They should work with the state government instead of this political protests.

Re: Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
SIRTee15:

guy expand your knowledge......its not wide enough

how much money does Jamaica have...... yet they are scooping all the medals in short sprints athletics.......

Cuban govt is broke and the country is behind the rest of the world by 60 years..... yet they are dominant in boxing.
and don't even tell me Cubans are crazy about boxing...... their prime sport is baseball.

I'm sure u will tell me every Kenyan or Ethiopian is a long distance runner.......
travel to those countries......majority are not interested.......
yet these 3rd world countries have dominated long distances races as far as I can remember........

take a look at the medal table and wonder why Hungary, a poor nation with a population less than 10 million should boast of 6 gold medals, and relatively unknown Kazakhstan has a total of 21medal haul......
now, u are here to tell us Nigeria can't win a medal because we are poor.... story...

and who told u education n sport don't go together.....
have u heard of NCAA....
do you know the aim behind NUGA games.....
doctors have competed and won medals at Olympics.....
Chioma ajunwa was a police officer when she won gold at Atlanta 96.....
ese Bruce, Nigerian female long jumper at this Olympic is a student of Uniben....
Tobi amusan, our hurdler is a sophomore at university of Texas......

pls stop feeding the public with wrong information.....
Nigeria is not a serious country, pure n simple......
we are very lazy.... both mentally n physically.....
and the result is what is glaring Rio......

Still boils down to the interest factor and cash

Jamaica does well in athletics......but is nowhere in badminton, table tennis, gymnastics, swimming, field athletics, and even football

And Cuba is strong in boxing and baseball and athletics, and weak in other sports.

I agree with you that Nigeria is not serious re sports. But it is also the cash factor....the UK has billions of pounds to spend on sport, Nigeria can muster thousands of pounds. Then, how many Nigerians are interested in sailing, cycling, gymnastics and diving....which are sports the UK is good at.(and won medals in?)

Also....one other thing....we do not have enough sporting competitions because people do not come out and watch them....and if no one pays...how do organizers recoup cash?

Like boxing. One Nigerian retired boxer said that the reason why Nigeria does not have enough boxers is because if a promoter organizes a match, and few people come...how is he going to recoup his money....and pay the boxers their purses? And the government does not have enough cash either.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries by kaybee09(m): 1:28pm On Aug 17, 2016
victorazy:

Is that the name of the movie?
hahaha I think so
Re: Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2016
LorDBolton:

Guy if u actually move around you would be surprised the number of sports nigerians are interested in.

Not just sports but every aspect of life but that religious log of wood covering the eyes of parents and the nation @ large won't allow people pursue their dreams.

Everything is GOD GOD GOD... and PRAYER PRAYER PRAYER.

Make una kontinu.

Kenya wins medals in running. Kenya is also a religious nation , just as religious as Nigeria. (Infact there are three Kenyan tribes , one of which I know is majorly Christian ...where the girls are not allowed to run/take part in sports).Ditto Ethiopia. And the US has a large religious population.

But one thing that motivates interest in sports is cash. Kenya does well in running and Nigeria does well in football because individual players and runners earn cash in large amounts, not because the govt has money to spend on sports.

And again....how many Nigerians are interested in sports to do it as a profession....not as a fan? How many Nigerians are interested in sailing, cycling, gymnastics and swimming....which is where the US AND THE uk won many of their medals?

2 Likes

Re: Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries by SIRTee15: 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Still boils down to the interest factor and cash

Jamaica does well in athletics......but is nowhere in badminton, table tennis, gymnastics, swimming, field athletics, and even football

And Cuba is strong in boxing and baseball and athletics, and weak in other sports.

I agree with you that Nigeria is not serious re sports. But it is also the cash factor....the UK has billions of pounds to spend on sport, Nigeria can muster thousands of pounds. Then, how many Nigerians are interested in sailing, cycling, gymnastics and diving....which are sports the UK is good at.(and won medals in?)

Also....one other thing....we do not have enough sporting competitions because people do not come out and watch them....and if no one pays...how do organizers recoup cash?

Like boxing. One Nigerian retired boxer said that the reason why Nigeria does not have enough boxers is because if a promoter organizes a match, and few people come...how is he going to recoup his money....and pay the boxers their purses? And the government does not have enough cash either.

u are just being equivocal.......
you don't need to be competitive in all sports to win medals at the Olympics.....
nations focus on sports they have comparative advantage and wherein their strength lies.....
everybody knows that....
eastern European countries focus on judo, weightlifting, wrestling, boxing.......
Asian countries focus on table tennis, badminton, gymnastics, archery, shooting......
western nations focus on swimming, rowing, cycling, equestrian, sailing, tennis......
east Africans focus on long distance races...
black nations focus on athletics.....
only USA, Russia, UK and China tend to be master of all......
and the truth remains people in most nations are not really interested in majority of Olympic oriented individual sports.....
they prefer the popular sports or elite sports......

football is more popular in Kenya than marathon.....

and stop using UK as a reason Nigeria is lagging behind in sports.....
3rd world nations I earlier mentioned have all won medals in Rio.....
they are not economically better than Nigeria.....
Re: Abia Health Workers Protest Over Unpaid 6 Months Salaries by pinkyd1st: 8:33am On Aug 19, 2016
Its well oo.we won't die in ds state. A labourer deserves hs pay.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Motivation: Skyewise Group Rewards Outstanding Performance With Promotions / Nigerian Society Of Engineer Past Question And Answer, Technical Report 1and2 / will Msc In Norway university make you get job faster in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.