Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Car Problems - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Problems (2507 Views)

Diagonse your car problems very easy / These Are Top 5 Expensive Car Problems That Are Not Worth Fixing If They Go Bad / 5 Frustrating Car Problems One Can Be Faced With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Problems by MyCarDoctor: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2016
Tell Me any problem you have with your car and my colleagues and I would do our best to solve it.
Re: Car Problems by Favorite1: 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2016
Ford. Smoke coming from the front right tyre and screeching noise when one applies brakes.
Re: Car Problems by MyCarDoctor: 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2016
Let's start with your screeching noise when you apply brakes.
This can be caused by two major things
1. A grinding noise on braking is usually caused by a lack of brake pad material; the pads and rotors are now rubbing metal to metal, with no braking material left. Brake pads are like bars of soap. Eventually they get used up, and you have to replace them and spend a little money.
If you don’t, and your brakes get to the point of grinding, just imagine Naira signs rising into the air every time you step on the brake pedal, even just a little. The grinding noise is just a little voice whispering in your ear saying, ”You’re killing me!”

2. The second most common brake squeak is caused by inferior pads. A cheap brake job sounds good when you’re paying for it, but it may come with years of painfully annoying brake squeaks. Cheap brake pads have large metal flakes in the brake material, and when you press the brakes lightly and a flake drags along the rotor, it will squeak. The squeak may go away when that particular flake wears away, but usually there is another metal flake right behind it. The best way to avoid this type of noise is to choose quality brake pads.

Now to your more troubling problem of smoke coming from the front tyre
What I can diagnose from this is that it sounds like you have a locked up brake caliper. If you continue to drive it, you'll wreck the rotor(if its not already). IF you must drive it,make it a REALLY short trip or
Try DIY
Pull the tire off and look at the setup there are 2 pins that the caliper slides on. see if you can free them up and see if you can free up the caliper , whack it with a rubber stick of something similar

If the problem persist always call for AutoCare service...
Hope this was helpful

1 Like

Re: Car Problems by fortunejum: 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2016
I had p0505 code (idle air control malfaction)after scanning my car. what is the solution?
Re: Car Problems by MyCarDoctor: 11:59am On Aug 16, 2016
Here's a list of some of the other things that need to be checked.
The throttle body for a clogged port or improper adjustment.
The intake manifold gasket for leakage.
The intake air hose for being loose and leaking.
Vacuum leaks in general.
Incorrect engine coolant temperature sensor output.

On some models incorrect throttle position sensor output. Then you get down to the wiring from the computer to the idle air control valve or the computer.

You can always call on Any AutoCare personal if its too much work. (try MileFriend AutoService App Some clients say it worked for them)

1 Like

Re: Car Problems by MyCarDoctor: 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2016
Always give your feedback if I was helpful. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Car Problems by captainking(m): 11:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
MyCarDoctor:
Tell Me any problem you have with your car and my colleagues and I would do our best to solve it.
I noticed the fuel consumption for my Honda Babyboy 2000 model v4..is a Lil bit high.. So I took it to a mechanic to check if the catalyst is there.. And he said it's not .
I was advised to buy toks catalyst or buy the complete exhaust system..
what do I do to reduce fuel consumption..
Cc: GAZZUZZ, kingreign, honmusa and rh rest of car gurus..
Re: Car Problems by IamRespected: 1:00am On Aug 18, 2016
Toyota camry 2000 model V6, hard to start problem, at times will have to throttle before starting, what might be the likely problem?
Re: Car Problems by Kashif(m): 8:21am On Aug 18, 2016
captainking:

I noticed the fuel consumption for my Honda Babyboy 2000 model v4..is a Lil bit high.. So I took it to a mechanic to check if the catalyst is there.. And he said it's not .

Absence of catalytic converter will not affect your fuel consumption. Forget that one and look for your problem elsewhere. Take it for diagnosis.

1 Like

Re: Car Problems by honmusa(m): 9:03am On Aug 18, 2016
captainking:

Try to get all the issue right before u start investing in expensive catalyst that will just add a small fraction to your mpg.
Go for a comprehensive diagnosis.
U call call autologic @ 08061166316 for your auto diagnosis if you are in lagos
Re: Car Problems by timifakay(m): 10:06am On Aug 18, 2016
captainking:

If you stated to the mechanic that you suspect the catalytic converter is absent and you want him to check for you, it's very likely he cashes in on you not knowing the exact location if he's not a sincere person, get an alternative opinion or diagnose the car.

1 Like

Re: Car Problems by honmusa(m): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2016
IamRespected:
Toyota camry 2000 model V6, hard to start problem, at times will have to throttle before starting, what might be the likely problem?
Idle related issue most likely but is better to go for a diagnosis In a competent auto repair shop to check it critically .
If you are in Lagos ,u can call autologic @ 08061166316 for a comprehensive diagnosis and repair.

1 Like

Re: Car Problems by captainking(m): 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
Kashif:

Absence of catalytic converter will not affect your fuel consumption. Forget that one and look for your problem elsewhere. Take it for diagnosis.
would do that sir.. Thanks for your response..
Re: Car Problems by captainking(m): 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
honmusa:

Idle related issue most likely but is better to go for a diagnosis In a competent auto repair shop to check it critically .
If you are in Lagos ,u can call autologic @ 08061166316 for a comprehensive diagnosis and repairl.
thanks a lot honmusa.. I know I can reply on u..
Re: Car Problems by captainking(m): 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
timifakay:

If you stated to the mechanic that you suspect the catalytic converter is absent and you want him to check for you, it's very likely he cashes in on you not knowing the exact location if he's not a sincere person, get an alternative opinion or diagnose the car.
would do such Bro.. Thanks a lot...

1 Like

Re: Car Problems by 3Div: 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
MyCarDoctor:

I was driving the EOD today when i noticed it wasn't transmitting well.

It goes off when i depress the breaks at holdups, I also noticed the lights were going off.

So i parked and thought to adjust the battery head properly.

It has since ceased to start since then.

Local mechanics have been giving me different diagnosis. One said it's Key Code, another brain box, another fuel pump.

Please is there anyone who knows what to do ?.

I am in Abuja and need an urgent fix please.

If possible this evening as car is presently parked on the road.

Thanks.

cc timifakay honmusa kashif
Re: Car Problems by Kashif(m): 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
3Div:

It goes off when i depress the breaks at holdups, I also noticed the lights were going off.

Local mechanics have been giving me different diagnosis. One said it's Key Code, another brain box, another fuel pump.

Thanks.

Looks like you have dead batteries. Better to start from there.
Re: Car Problems by honmusa(m): 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
3Div:

Thanks.

You have an electrical issue traceable to your ignition system .
I can be help to perform a remote troubleshooting via phone at my spare time if you can get somebody who is good with using a multimeter,call my number @ 08061166316
Re: Car Problems by Kashif(m): 7:43am On Aug 19, 2016
honmusa:

You have an electrical issue traceable to your ignition system .
I can be help to perform a remote troubleshooting via phone at my spare time if you can get somebody who is good with using a multimeter,call my number @ 08061166316

Note he said engine stalling at stops, lights going off. Typical case of battery/charging system. I have been wrong before!
Re: Car Problems by honmusa(m): 8:31am On Aug 19, 2016
Kashif:

Note he said engine stalling at stops, lights going off. Typical case of battery/charging system. I have been wrong before!
Yes the possibilities is there but I am sure his Kazeem will have checked all that before giving up .
Re: Car Problems by 3Div: 10:50am On Aug 19, 2016
Kashif:

Looks like you have dead batteries. Better to start from there.

changed the battery, still wouldn't start.
Re: Car Problems by Kashif(m): 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
3Div:

changed the battery, still wouldn't start.

Does it crank?
Re: Car Problems by 3Div: 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
Kashif:

Does it crank?

it does.
Re: Car Problems by Kashif(m): 10:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
3Div:

it does.

You need hands on diagnosis then.
Re: Car Problems by Absa: 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
My friend 2005 toyota corolla temprature goes up wen driving up hill wit ac on nd goes to normal wen descending or on a normal straight road. It can stay all day parked wit ac on nd it wil neva ova heat. It only over heats wen he need force to pull nd dats wen hes driving up hill nd ac on...pls wat cud b d issue?
Re: Car Problems by vinzita1(m): 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
Kindly help me
My honda accord 2013 steering suddenly Hard when driving as if the power steering is not working .
What I normally do is to park and restart the engine . Then it will cme back to normal.
But that those not stop it from repeating it again.
What could be the solution.
Re: Car Problems by HazzanTazzan(m): 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
My Nissan altima 2.5 cranks well but won't start once...
Sometimes it starts at once and sometimes it take like 3 to 5 trials...

However, I told a mechanic to check if the sealed air hose on the fuel pump could be the issue... In the process, he checked the whole pump, cleaned the fuel filter... After he was done, my car refused to start for about 30 minutes... He checked the censors and said the censors are weak...

Luckily the car started after so many trial...

It was a scary case as it seemed like the worst that could happen to a car...

Now, i really don't know what to do... Should I just keep using my car like that cos I've been using it without any major issues for a month until this scenario at the mechanic workshop today.

Note: my engine is v4 and I was told that its only v6 altima 2.5 that is problematic.
Re: Car Problems by honmusa(m): 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
HazzanTazzan:
My Nissan altima 2.5 cranks well but won't start once...
Sometimes it starts at once and sometimes it take like 3 to 5 trials...

However, I told a mechanic to check if the sealed air hose on the fuel pump could be the issue... In the process, he checked the whole pump, cleaned the fuel filter... After he was done, my car refused to start for about 30 minutes... He checked the censors and said the censors are weak...

Luckily the car started after so many trial...

It was a scary case as it seemed like the worst that could happen to a car...

Now, i really don't know what to do... Should I just keep using my car like that cos I've been using it without any major issues for a month until this scenario at the mechanic workshop today.

Note: my engine is v4 and I was told that its only v6 altima 2.5 that is problematic.
cam/crank sensor issue (typical Nissan headache)
U can contact autologic @0806116316 for permanent fix.
Re: Car Problems by honmusa(m): 7:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
vinzita1:
Kindly help me
My honda accord 2013 steering suddenly Hard when driving as if the power steering is not working .
What I normally do is to park and restart the engine . Then it will cme back to normal.
But that those not stop it from repeating it again.
What could be the solution.
Scan the EPS module
Re: Car Problems by Absa: 7:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
Absa:
My friend 2005 toyota corolla temprature goes up wen driving up hill wit ac on nd goes to normal wen descending or on a normal straight road. It can stay all day parked wit ac on nd it wil neva ova heat. It only over heats wen he need force to pull nd dats wen hes driving up hill nd ac on...pls wat cud b d issue?
Re: Car Problems by HazzanTazzan(m): 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
honmusa:

cam/crank sensor issue (typical Nissan headache)
U can contact autologic @0806116316 for permanent fix.

Thanks for ur response... I have called the number but its switched off...
Shld I contact on Whatsapp instead?
Re: Car Problems by honmusa(m): 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Thanks for ur response... I have called the number but its switched off... Shld I contact on Whatsapp instead?
Yes let chat on whatsapp @ 08061166316

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scan Help Needed In Ibadan / Uche Honda Nig Ltd. Now On Nairaland / What Car Can I Get For N1m?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.