Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,608 members, 7,770,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:04 PM

Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt (30998 Views)

Ondo Elections : "Rig And Die " - OPC Threatens Federal Government / Ondo Elections: Olusola Oke Convoy Attacked By Hoodlums Again(pics) / Ondo Elections: INEC Explains Why It Declared Jimoh Ibrahim PDP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by onnenka: 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
The Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIS) in Ondo State Monday threatened a political revolt should any of the major political parties in the country fail to field a Muslim as Governorship or Deputy Governorship candidate in the forthcoming election in the state.

The Muslim organisation, which lamented the marginalisation of its members in the scheme of things, said it was high time it produced either the governor or deputy of the incumbent political offices in the state.

Alternative to their demand is a revolt by Muslims in the election fixed for November 26 by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

The Chairman of NSCIS, Imam Habibullah Akinpelu at a press conference addressed at the NUJ Press Centre in Akure, the state capital, said Muslims would use their numerical strength to reject any political party that produces Christian-Christian ticket.

Akinpelu said with a population of 1.5 million and with over 500,000 voting members, they are ready to determine who will succeed the incumbent Dr Olusegun Mimiko as the next governor of the state.

His words: “Muslims today, more than any other group, are poised to give any political party who wishes to listen to this call our block vote. While we would continue our campaign for a Muslim governor in Ondo State with a renewed vigour, we will not compromise our present political height.

“We will dare any political party that will produce a Christian-Christian ticket. Any political party that fly anything less than a balanced ticket may regret its decision; we will aggressively mobilize the consolidated Muslim Ummah of Ondo State for the next election. Muslims in Ondo State are made bold to say that we will not accept anything less than a balanced ticket. We warn that any political arrangement short of balance ticket will be rejected.”

https://www.today.ng/politics/167752/ondo-guber-muslims-threaten-political-revolt

5 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by kossyablaze(m): 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2016
Wow so thrs really a demarcation btw yoruba Christians n Muslims.... Nawa o.... I see some people here refer to one as yoruba Muslim, even tot they whr blabbing n making trouble.... Diz yoruba Muslims should pipe low jor

27 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by KnowAll(m): 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2016
Ondo state has d lowest muslim population amongst yoruba states. The muslim threat is a hollow threat they have not got d numbers . Afterall Rahman Olusgun Mimiko was born a Muslim and he takes care of their concerns they have already have representation in Mimiko.

142 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by metalDETECTED(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
All politicians are vermins .... dividing the people angry sad

What should we do to politicians? cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by onnenka: 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2016
Religious rifts everywhere in the South wàste.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by omaiyale: 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2016
Is This a threat or What If you want a Muslim candidate to be the next governor of the state you people can form your own party, saying Muslims will boycott the election is just Laughable because at the end you guys still loose

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by dustmalik: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2016
KnowAll:
Ondo state has d lowest muslim population amongst yoruba states. The muslim threat is a hollow threat they have not got d numbers . Afterall Rahman Olusgun Mimiko was born a Muslim and he takes care of their concerns they have already have representation in Mimiko.
Although the pronouncement by the Islamic council is very stupid. but I'm curious, how did you get the stats for muslim population amongst Yoruba states? Or is this just a wishful stat you just dished out?

21 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by onnenka: 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
dustmalik:

Although the pronouncement by the Islamic council is very stupid. but I'm curious, how did you get the stats for muslim population amongst Yoruba states? Or is this just a wishful stat you just dished out?
Are saying saying the muslim population in Ondo is higher?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by kaze4blues(m): 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2016
ondo state is a Christian dominated state. the Muslim population in ondo state is almost negligible

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by mandarin: 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2016
Its just a political power play. Muslims do not make up to 30%in that state to be conservative. Ekiti and Ondo states have low Muslim population and, if a power play is talked into play by Muslim groups, they may never have a member in any government.
However, Yoruba don't play religious politics, its just a digression to create awareness's for their groups

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by mikki123(m): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2016
Let everybody vote base on their religion simple. People who think Yoruba don't play religion politics are ignorant..

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by onnenka: 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
mandarin:
Its just a political power play. Muslims do not make up to 30%in that state to be conservative. Ekiti and Ondo states have low Muslim population and, if a power play is talked into play by Muslim groups, they may never have a member in any government.
However, Yoruba don't play religious politics, its just a digression to create awareness's for their groups

LOL sophisticated lie.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by onnenka: 9:55pm On Aug 15, 2016
mikki123:
Let everybody vote base on their religion simple. People who think Yoruba don't play religion politics are ignorant..
Don't mind that sophisticated liar above you.

39 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by onnenka: 9:56pm On Aug 15, 2016
mikki123:
Don't mind that sophisticated liar above you. IF this isn't religious politics, what is?

13 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by mikki123(m): 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2016
[quote author=onnenka post=48514061] Don't mind that sophisticated liar above you. IF this isn't religious politics, what is?
If you see any Yoruba man hailing Buhari despite his level of ignorance.. That person must be a Yoruba Muslim. still one expired product would tell me that Yoruba dont play religion politics

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Samunique(m): 10:59pm On Aug 15, 2016
Irrelevant !!!

How have the Muslim and Christian we have in Aso rock as number one and two Citizens respectively performed

Is it not same hold story ?

Abeg politheifcian no get religion na their pocket them sabi !!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by akinyeleaa: 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2016
While I strongly condemn this line of thinking of the Ondo Muslims, it is important to note that other states in the SW that are Muslim majority especially Osun have always been sensitive to the feelings of non Muslims, so saying Muslims are in minority in Ondo would be foolish
Osun even twice had Christians as both governor and deputy(Oyinlola's administration), despite being a Muslim majority state.

While that shouldn't be the yardstick for voting (and it has never been in the SW before), I think it isn't out of place to accommodate Muslims, maybe the as the deputy.

Nonetheless, I still think it is dumb to vote based on religious lines. I, for instance haven't benefited anything from Buhari, (a fellow Muslim since he assumed office), so what's the fuss about religion here.

Just vote who you feel will serve you better, even if an atheist

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by ikechu1: 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yet this is coming from people who told us they are sophisticated people and plays sophisticated politics.

Such deluded community

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by KnowAll(m): 11:26pm On Aug 15, 2016
Muslims in Ondo State are less 5% of d population of the state and they want to be Governor or Deputy Governor. I don't get that logic. Even Edo State that is in the South-South has more Muslims than Ondo State.

Alhaji olanusi who was Mimiko's former deputy governor was a journey man, not the best qualified for the job but was put there on religions grounds and he was an abject failure as a DG. Let D best man be the number 1 and 2. No religious balancing.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by KnowAll(m): 11:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
The Muslims wey dey talk sef, dem won go import Muslims from Zamfara or how dey one take do am!!! undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Isiri: 11:52pm On Aug 15, 2016
I supported the Muslim ont this. Christian started this shit so it pay back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by 12Monkeys: 12:00am On Aug 16, 2016
Isiri:
I supported the Muslim ont this. Christian started this shit so it pay back.

There are Christians in Kebbi, Kwara, Kogi and Nassarawa.

How many governors from those state have been Christians and did you hear CAN spewing rubbish demanding that a Christian must rule?

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by ikechu1: 12:20am On Aug 16, 2016
Anyone notice the yolobas are avoiding this thread like it carry some ebola.

If this was igbo, they'll be all over this thread screaming "Igbos are not united, Igbos hate themselves how can they survive in Biafra" among other rubbish.

As well as given political advice that no one ask them for.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by OPCNAIRALAND: 12:46am On Aug 16, 2016
ikechu1:
Anyone notice the yolobas are avoiding this thread like it carry some ebola.

If this was igbo, they'll be all over this thread screaming "Igbos are not united, Igbos hate themselves how can they survive in Biafra" among other rubbish.

As well as given political advice that no one ask them for.

Dude, go and sit somewhere. Keep following that news and you will see in coming weeks that the grievance is resolved. Look, we Yorubas are members of humanity, we are not immune to the general problems humanity face in structuring society but far above others we posess the intrigues and savviness to work around social problems. In other words, we are far more socially superior and far advanced in evolution and intelligence ttan most, Igbos included.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by ikechu1: 12:59am On Aug 16, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Dude, go and sit somewhere. Keep following that news and you will see in coming weeks that the grievance is resolved. Look, we Yorubas are members of humanity, we are not immune to the general problems humanity face in structuring society but far above others we posess the intrigues and savviness to work around social problems. In other words, we are far more socially superior and far advanced in evolution and intelligence ttan most, Igbos included.

Another delusional rubbish you people continously tell unaselves

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:13am On Aug 16, 2016
akinyeleaa:
While I strongly condemn this line of thinking of the Ondo Muslims, it is important to note that other states in the SW that are Muslim majority especially Osun have always been sensitive to the feelings of non Muslims, so saying Muslims are in minority in Ondo would be foolish
Osun even twice had Christians as both governor and deputy(Oyinlola's administration), despite being a Muslim majority state.

While that shouldn't be the yardstick for voting (and it has never been in the SW before), I think it isn't out of place to accommodate Muslims, maybe the as the deputy.

Nonetheless, I still think it is dumb to vote based on religious lines. I, for instance haven't benefited anything from Buhari, (a fellow Muslim since he assumed office), so what's the fuss about religion here.

I cherish your intelligent response. Yoruba has one spirituality and it is Ifa. This is the traditional Yoruba worship and divinity. We didn't have religion in Yorubaland but it was first brought to us through contact with Sufis, Muslim scholars of Mali who were settled in Ilorin on the authority of Alaafin. Next was contact with slave abolitionists who settled Christian missionaries in Abeokuta. Neither Islam nor Christianity is strong enough to change the spirituality of Yoruba. At the core, a Yoruba, muslim or christian, will still have reverence for the divinities of Ifa. So when Christians in Lagos say we need a Christian Governor, I ask....how does the faith of a Governor bring you closer to your God? Alas, what they are asking for is political balance.

So to the muslims of Ondo,were they not fasting under Mimiko, did they not go to Hajj under Mimiko, did Mimiko stop people from congregating in mosque? No. So what's the noise? Their grievance is simple political balance, that's all! Then give it to them.

Ifa ask us to respect the middle way. In other words, maintain balance between the extremities. Yorubas must live true to our spirituality which calls for balance. Representation in our communities and societies and leadership must be balanced.

I support the muslims in their call and hope our leaders will invite them and hear the input for what its worth.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by oduastates: 1:53am On Aug 16, 2016
akinyeleaa:

No state in yorubaland has a Muslim majority apart Maybe kwara.Absolutely none. In ondo state, Muslim are less than 7% of the population and Most if them are recent migrants
By the way this useless organisation must be banned everywhere in yorubaland.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by OPCNAIRALAND: 2:53am On Aug 16, 2016
oduastates:

No state in yorubaland has a Muslim majority apart Maybe kwara.Absolutely none. In ondo state, Muslim are less than 7% of the population and Most if them are recent migrants
By the way this useless organisation must be banned everywhere in yorubaland.

Wrong call. Yorubas dont ban diversities, we respect and acconodate universalities.

12 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by chrisblack: 6:13am On Aug 16, 2016
dustmalik:

he's almost correct .Muslim population in Ekiti state is the lowest followed by On do State.They are very very small

13 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by ANBAKO: 6:14am On Aug 16, 2016
Political division everywhere!!!

Politician can create any form of division to achieve their crooked objective.

Ondo Muslim!!!! Nonsensical!!!

Maybe very soon the Sango worshippers will start shouting marginalization!!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cameroonian Separatists, Ambazonia, Invade Taraba, Kill Monarch, Burn Houses / Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq's WAEC Result Is Fake - Sahara Reporters / Fulani Militias Kill 12 Persons In An Attack On Benue Community (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.