Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,491 members, 7,770,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:21 AM

Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt (30996 Views)

Ondo Elections : "Rig And Die " - OPC Threatens Federal Government / Ondo Elections: Olusola Oke Convoy Attacked By Hoodlums Again(pics) / Ondo Elections: INEC Explains Why It Declared Jimoh Ibrahim PDP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by sade1994(f): 10:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
nnokwa042:
is a lie muslims has cheating Christians in sw but now yoruba christians don dey open thier eyes small small am happy for yoruba Christians

Na you know nah
Mind your business
Leave us alone
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nowenuse:

Ok the case of igalas. Let me explain it to u.
All northern igalas (christian n muslim) look down on all southern igalas (christian n muslims). Its more of a cultural thing.
Southern igalas have been so much influenced and intermixed with igbos to the extent that some of them speak igbo as a second language and u know that generally in Nigeria igbos are like the loosing tribe which many do not want to associate with, so the northern igalas try as much to dissociate with these influences.

Also, many southern igalas in those days are believed to be descendants of exiled igalas whom the Attah of igala chased away, so they settled further away closer to igboland. The southern igala dialect has also been heavily watered down by igbo influence. The southern igalas have been the ones who mostly fought wars for the igala kigdoma and were easily attacked by igbos and edos. This caused the population of southern igalas to dwindle seriously. The northern igalas on the other hand feel their culture is purer and they have more population. This is the reason why they dominate politics in igala land. Northern igalas are like 60% muslims while southern igalas are like 90% christians. The former make up abt 2/3 of igala population and the latter 1/3, so by the time u do the arithmetic u see that the christians are slightly more.
So u see why the northern igalas dominate the affairs of igala land, and since a slight majority of the northern igalas are muslims, muslims r most likely to represent.
But hope u know that since the creation of kogi state all the senators of igala land have been christians? The current Attah of igala land is also a Christian. Igalas r just like yorubas, they dont give a Bleep about religion, they are more or less divided by clan. Egbirras n nupes are the religious fanatics in d state.

Yes i so much agree that many adoptees in ilorin may not forget their homeland, but u need to understand that many ppl may also forget their homeland if they find themselves in a place that welcomes them so much and gives them equal opportunities, that is exactly what Ilorin emirate promotes and u see that Ilorin shares direct boundary with nupe and bariba communities. Nupe communities in Moro are culturally under the Ilorin emirate as moro lga is part of ilorin emirate.
So do u think ppl who have their kit n kin as part of ilorin culturally may not be able to fit in and become absorbed?
See, ilorin emirate encourages religious integration just like the core north. A nupe, fulani or bariba muslim is more welcomed, preffered and accepted by most ilorin indigenes than a fellow yoruba christian from Ogun.
The ilorin emirate system replicates the religious assimilation policies of the sultanate and emirates in the north.
I garrit. #igalaMatter

But I still think d slightest unrest (which I don't pray happens anywhere) forces anyone to rethink any warm welcome and what comes to mind then will be the fastest way back home if not......me sef fit 'northernize' myslf cheesy
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by nnokwa042(m): 10:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
sade1994:

Na you know nah
Mind your business
Leave us alone
do u mind ur business when it comes to igbo topic eeh nwa lady
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by abdulwastecx(m): 9:06am On Aug 18, 2016
mandarin:
Its just a political power play. Muslims do not make up to 30%in that state to be conservative. Ekiti and Ondo states have low Muslim population and, if a power play is talked into play by Muslim groups, they may never have a member in any government.
However, Yoruba don't play religious politics, its just a digression to create awareness's for their groups

How do you know this?
I am a Muslim and from ondo state. Ondo state has a large Muslim population in akoko area, ondo town, and own. Muslim make up more than 30% of the state
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by abdulwastecx(m): 9:13am On Aug 18, 2016
ZiggyMr:

dustmalik, pls go and do your research the only area that has high concentration of muslims is around ikare/akoko, i cant realy remember the area. when you talk about other places like akure you ll understand that muslims are very low in population. how many big mosque do you know in akure apart from the one at oja oba?

I am from ikare akoko, ikare is 90% Muslim, oga ago is majority Muslim.... Akoko in general have majority Muslim. Owo is 60% Muslim, lots of ebira settlers, ondo town has considerable high Muslim population. Muslim me up more 35% of ondo state population
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by abdulwastecx(m): 9:27am On Aug 18, 2016
Pprovost:
I really love the way the Yorubas on this thread smartly ignored those frustrated mofos begging for attention with their unsolicited comments cool Kudos guys!!!

All I know is that there is no tribe in Nigeria that is more "flexible" about religion as the Yorubas.

To me I think the Christians will edge Muslims with a small margin in Yorubaland (assuming kwara is excluded)

Flexible in governors when religion is discussed in yoruba land is a myth.... Yoruba Christians have this tendency to downplay their bigotry stand on religion in other to lead.

Pentecostal churches are sowing the seed of hatred and religious bigotry in the West.
Muslim in ondo state deserve one inclusion in governors
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by ZiggyMr(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
abdulwastecx:

I am from ikare akoko, ikare is 90% Muslim, oga ago is majority Muslim.... Akoko in general have majority Muslim. Owo is 60% Muslim, lots of ebira settlers, ondo town has considerable high Muslim population. Muslim me up more 35% of ondo state population
my friend am not against muslim we are just chatting here ok. i wont accept owo been 60% muslim we can deduce from here, how many notable owo indigenes do you know that are muslims? you said many ebira settlers my question is can these set of people contest for gubernatorial seat or are indigenes of ondo town? we are talking of ondo state or ondo town people that are muslims i.e am not saying there are no muslims but compare the population of muslims to that of christians.
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Toluensdollars(m): 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
Well, i think u have a point there. I will agree with you to some extent
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by MrSly(m): 11:12pm On Aug 23, 2017
The religious gap is getting wider. Why not break up?
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by SluttanSlayer: 11:57am On Jun 25, 2019
Oyoruba muslims
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by darfay: 2:46am On Mar 16, 2020
Gaddafithe2nd:

I laughed at your assumptions. Lagos 70% Christians, is it because of the mushroom churches scattered around nooks and crannies of Lagos . ileya is nearby, come and experience how Lagos would be deserted. Ogun state is not majorly Christians. I grew up among the Ijebus and Abeokuta people. If Muslims are dominant in Ogun state, why is their Ojude Oba always held 3rd day after Ileya. Quit assuming.
The Christians started this mess, let the Muslims take their pound of flesh.
The two religion are foreign to Yoruba land, sorry bro my ancestors don't worship deities, I don't know about yours.

I don't know what you were on oh but christains of all ethnicity outnumber Muslims by at least 2:1 in Lagos even way higher in some areas, there is no public place be it schools, buses etc where Muslims are up to 40% sef .. we are all one non the less

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Late Chief Konam Porbeni Reburied In Aduku In Bayelsa State.. / How Many Leaders In Nigeria Can Do This? / "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.