Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist (13039 Views)

Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here / Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 11:43am On Aug 19, 2016
donnffd:

There is an irritating attitude going on this site, and i find it childish, illogical and juvenile. So just because i dont have your viewpoint, you accuse me of being young?, is that it?, how exactly do they correlate?...smh.

Moreover, you are the one who would be laughed at especially if you went to the developed world with such primitive thinking and ideology. You want to tell me that europeans would clap for you when you tell them that you have a voodoo power that would make you rich without working for it...Dude, read yourself!

And Finally, if you so much believe this things to be real, its not hard, just produce one single video of it happening and then we can start there.

You cant expect Intelligent Educated people who live in a world where we use electromagnetic waves to communicate, we can predict with amazing accuracy the movements of all the planetary bodies in our solar system, we have landed rovers on mars and many asteroids, we have splited the atom, we have mapped the universe and seen its baby glow, built supercomputers and rockets, mapped the human genome and many other living things, genetically engineered many living things, and so many more breakthroughs in science and technology to just believe that some supernatural power exists because you said so.

Wake up and come back to the real world.

Nobody said u r young?
I simply questioned ur age.
U even mentioned video, if u really were in this world, u should know that magic on video is all over youtube,
Moreover it makes us question ur age more when ur yardstick for verifying reality is video.
Anybody can make videos. People do it for a living.
Or do u want to tell me u have video evidence for everything u read in ur science textbook?
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by donnffd(m): 11:51am On Aug 19, 2016
felixomor:

Nobody said u r young?
I simply questioned ur age.
U even mentioned video, if u really were in this world, u should know that magic on video is all over youtube,
Moreover it makes us question ur age more when ur yardstick for verifying reality is video.
Anybody can make videos. People do it for a living.
Or do u want to tell me u have video evidence for everything u read in ur science textbook?

I see you just want to argue...

First, I ddnt say showing me a video would prove whatever you claimed, i only said "we can start there"...(read well before you type)

Secondly, You have closed it with your own mouth or should i say hands, so you know they are magic videos everywhere on the internet but they are not real, just magic tricks but somehow you still believe that all you hear about the so-called "African voodoo" is real?

does that sound logical to you?
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
So it didn't work. Lol. As I expected grin
I remember reading about a former military president in Nigeria that had a 'magic crocodile staff'
None of his boys dared to turn against him
It was later, when he was killed (lol), that we found out it wasn't magic at all, but just playing on their psychological fear. This voodoo sh*t isn't real grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
donnffd:

I see you just want to argue...

First, I ddnt say showing me a video would prove whatever you claimed, i only said "we can start there"...(read well before you type)

Secondly, You have closed it with your own mouth or should i say hands, so you know they are magic videos everywhere on the internet but they are not real, just magic tricks but somehow you still believe that all you hear about the so-called "African voodoo" is real?

does that sound logical to you?

"They are not real, they are tricks"
That would av also been ur response and escape route, had anybody shown u a video of voodoo.
Earlier u were clearly requesting for videos from camera phone, now u say u just wanted to "start there"!
Yeah ryt.
If i may ask if u "started with" videos, please where will u have "ended"?
The problem with many of ur kind is "trust".
You have the inner belief that every person is a liar, thats why u request for videos and then when somebody exposes ur weak rationale, u try to escape as u r seen doing above.
Its obvious from ur statement that no video even HD resolution would convince u because u have "trust" problem, sorry to say.
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by 4kings: 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
felixomor:

That would av also been ur response and escape route, had anybody shown u a video of voodoo.
Earlier u were clearly requesting for videos from camera phone, now u say u just wanted to "start there"!
Yeah ryt.
You have the inner belief that every person is a liar, thats why u request for videos and then when somebody exposes ur weak rationale, u try to escape as u r seen doing above.
Its obvious from ur statement that no video even HD resolution would convince u because u have "trust" problem, sorry to say.
**trust problem** huh!
Just like u trust Mohammed or any body outside christianitendom. undecided
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by NPComplete: 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
felixomor:

Yeah ryt.

I am sure u also believe WWE is real unscripted fighting too. smiley
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by NPComplete: 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is nice , really nice . So I want to know

1. when you pray do you get answers to your prayers ?

2. what's opinion about the other side , the devil and his agents ?
2b Do you think there is any sort of interference they cause on the lives of believers

1. Yes I do. But not always. And the rate of success is not any different from those who don't pray either. I have just chosen to live my life that way. Those are standards I hold myself to. I don't see it as a rule

2. As far as I am concerned, evil is only in the minds of men. The devil is just a way to shirk responsibility. The devil is everything about us that we are trying to transcend.

2b. This easily follows from (2) above. Believers or unbelievers, there is a devil in all of us. Not some fallen archangel plotting against us. But some part of our nature we actively strive against to maintain social order

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
4kings:

**trust problem** huh!
Just like u trust Mohammed or any body outside christianitendom. undecided

Admit ur problem and work on urself. Spare me the sarcasm.
I dont have to see everything before i believe just like the way we believe atoms and molecules exist without having seen them in video.
I know somebody personally who was diabolically kidnapped in a commercial bus for rituals.
He was declared missing for days even to the police until he was miraculously rescued along with some others.
Then one idiot from some where will come and tell me to show him video evidence.
Its point bank stupid when listening to such.

Go work on ur issues. sad
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
NPComplete:

I am sure u also believe WWE is real unscripted fighting too. smiley

U seem lost in comprehension!
Sorry to say! sad
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by 4kings: 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
felixomor:

I dont have to see everything before i believe just like the way we believe atoms and molecules exist without having seen them in video.
I know somebody personally who was diabolically kidnapped in a commercial bus for rituals.
He was declared missing for days even to the police until he was miraculously rescued along with some others.
Then one idiot from some where will come and tell me to show him video evidence.
So why dont you believe Mohammed?, or any other religious sect and their testimonies?

Why do u guys think all irrelligious guys have some kind of special issues ?
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by NPComplete: 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
felixomor:

I also know a baby that was given birth to clutching a Quran. Another was holding Islamic prayer beads.
I am sure if I tell u about this story u will doubt it if u arent a devout Muslim. So u see the problem with anecdotal evidence? U can claim people have been kidnapped for rituals and all but that doesn't mean any voodoo happened. There are many ways to kidnap people. And because there are people who believe in rituals and kidnap people for that purpose doesn't mean rituals work!!!! Get it? Most are just following laid down rules passed down to them by their ancestors and they afraid that flouting those rules will be inimical to them. So they just keep doing the same ineffectual nonsense from generation to generation
If u take a neutral thinking person whose mind hasn't been raped by irrational nonsense to that ur kidnapped friend, I can assure u that he will notice a lot of holes in the story ur friend gave and give a better explanation for what happened. U are just unable to see it because u are handicapped by ur bias towards voodoo and rituals. U believed the story wholeheartedly without even daring to ask questions.
Dont worry, soon enough we will put all these things to the test. People will come with their rings and talismans and try to get us to do their biddings on live TV.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by donnffd(m): 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2016
felixomor:

Yeah ryt.

@bolded,You are really funny, exactly which rationale did you try to expose? and how exactly am i escaping?...

You know, if my best friend came tomorrow and told me he slept with Jennifer lawrence, i still would ask for evidence because some claims are not worth trusting...

Look, if everyone in history were like you and couldnt explain what they saw or heard about and just attributed it to "voodoo" or "the supernatural", we most certainly wont have science and technology today. So, a word of advice, get up your ass, learn, read and try to make sense of your world, instead of lazing around and attributing things you dont understand to "African VooDoo".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
donnffd:

@bolded,You are really funny, exactly which rationale did you try to expose? and how exactly am i escaping?...

You know, if my best friend came tomorrow and told me he slept with Jennifer lawrence, i still would ask for evidence because some claims are not worth trusting...

Look, if everyone in history were like you and couldnt explain what they saw or heard about and just attributed it to "voodoo" or "the supernatural", we most certainly wont have science and technology today. So, a word of advice, get up your ass, learn, read and try to make sense of your world, instead of lazing around and attributing things you dont understand to "African VooDoo".

Nobody attributed "everything to voodoo"

Another escape gone wrong.

Trying to gently slip away from denying the existence.

the "existence of something" is different from "attributing everything to that thing."
They are not the same.
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
NPComplete:

I also know a baby that was given birth to clutching a Quran. Another was holding Islamic prayer beads.
I am sure if I tell u about this story u will doubt it if u arent a devout Muslim. So u see the problem with anecdotal evidence? U can claim people have been kidnapped for rituals and all but that doesn't mean any voodoo happened. There are many ways to kidnap people. And because there are people who believe in rituals and kidnap people for that purpose doesn't mean rituals work!!!! Get it? Most are just following laid down rules passed down to them by their ancestors and they afraid that flouting those rules will be inimical to them. So they just keep doing the same ineffectual nonsense from generation to generation
If u take a neutral thinking person whose mind hasn't been raped by irrational nonsense to that ur kidnapped friend, I can assure u that he will notice a lot of holes in the story ur friend gave and give a better explanation for what happened. U are just unable to see it because u are handicapped by ur bias towards voodoo and rituals. U believed the story wholeheartedly without even daring to ask questions.
Dont worry, soon enough we will put all these things to the test. People will come with their rings and talismans and try to get us to do their biddings on live TV.

U first line is a lie. We all know.
Please whats the name of the baby u claim to know that was born with a quran?
U clearly dont know when to draw a line between sarcasm and real life.
And thats a big problem.
Am telling u the story of somebody personal, and u r telling me "holes" in story.
Then u r quoting a story we all read on nairaland that u know the person.
How more sarcastic can it get?
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
NPComplete:

Ur first line is a lie. We all know.
And thats a big problem.
Am telling u the story of somebody personal, and u r telling me "holes" in story.
Then u r quoting a story we all read on nairaland and other news fora and saying that u know the person.

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by Majorkeyalert: 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
felixomor:

U first line is a lie. We all know.
And thats a big problem.
Then u r quoting a story we all read on nairaland that u know the person.
i tire o.unlike ur own that is on cnn undecided[quote author=felixomor post=48619322]

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
4kings:

So why dont you believe Mohammed?, or any other religious sect and their testimonies?

Why do u guys think all irrelligious guys have some kind of special issues ?

Durrrh?
Did I ever doubt the existence of Mohammed?
Sorry, ur likened argument is logically false!
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
Majorkeyalert:

i tire o.unlike ur own that is on cnn undecided
i tire o.unlike ur own that is on cnn

Exactly, there are mainstream news videos of miraculous happenings. Search for urself.
cool
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by 4kings: 1:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
felixomor:

Durrrh?
Did I ever doubt the existence of Mohammed?
Sorry, ur likened argument is logically false!
Why this childish dodging?
Point out where i use the word "existence". Can't you see the word "testimonies".

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by NPComplete: 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
felixomor:

Ur first line is a lie. We all know.
And thats a big problem.
Then u r quoting a story we all read on nairaland and other news fora and saying that u know the person.

See the problem? U don't believe my own anecdotal evidence but u want us to believe urs. One that u admit didn't actually happen to u but to someone else. A story probably embellished by the parties involved. Guy go to bed. Every reason for doubting my story impugns ur own story too. Bring proof here. Not hearsays.

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
NPComplete:

See the problem? U don't believe my own anecdotal evidence but u want us to believe urs. One that u admit didn't actually happen to u but to someone else. A story probably embellished by the parties involved. Guy go to bed. Every reason for doubting my story impugns on ur own story too. Bring proof here. Not hearsays.

Stop lying.
U dont av any.
U tried cooking something, but did it excessively. Period.
Truth Hurts! cool
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by NPComplete: 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
felixomor:

Stop lying.
U dont av any.
U tried cooking something, but did it excessively. Period.
Truth Hurts! cool

U aren't very bright, are u? I gave u an example to point to u the problem with anecdotal evidence and u are latching on to it as if ur life depends on it. Laughable. Anybody can come here and claim anything. Conmen will also claim they can double ur money by sitting on it. But that don't make it so.We need evidence here. Real evidence not "I know someone" explanation. That was the point of that post u are holding on to like u just discovered gold. If u arent smart enough to realise that then why am I even talking with u?
By the way which truth is hurting u? The truth that ur friend was really kidnapped though u are yet to give us any evidence for the spiritual aspect of it other than the fact that u believe it is so? Chai. Guy, go to bed. U obviously aren't capable of complex thought. This is my last reply to u.

3 Likes

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by donnffd(m): 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
felixomor:

Nobody attributed "everything to voodoo"

Another escape gone wrong.

Trying to gently slip away from denying the existence.

the "existence of something" is different from "attributing everything to that thing."
They are not the same.

I sincerely cant imagine how we can live in a world where we have scientists working at the "Large Hadron Collider" in Geneva, Switzerland and simultaneously have young Nigerians(the supposed future of the country) believing in the existence of "African Voodoo"...

it beats me, truly... the backwardness of this continent is giving me headache...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by efismikoko(m): 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
NPComplete:

U aren't very bright, are u? I gave u an example to point to u the problem with anecdotal evidence and u are latching on to it as if ur life depends on it. Laughable. Anybody can come here and claim anything. Conmen will also claim they can double ur money by sitting on it. But that don't make it so.We need evidence here. Real evidence not "I know someone" explanation. That was the point of that post u are holding on to like u just discovered gold. If u arent smart enough to realise that then why am I even talking with u?
By the way which truth is hurting u? The truth that ur friend was really kidnapped though u are yet to give us any evidence for the spiritual aspect of it other than the fact that u believe it is so? Chai. Guy, go to bed. U obviously aren't capable of complex thought. This is my last reply to u.

You get time I swear this felix is not a bright person why are you explaining like you are talking to a child abeg leave am
Felix sarcasm my niece knows grin

2 Likes

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by kevoh(m): 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
NPComplete:

By the way which truth is hurting u? The truth that ur friend was really kidnapped though u are yet to give us any evidence for the spiritual aspect of it other than the fact that u believe it is so? Chai. Guy, go to bed. U obviously aren't capable of complex thought.This is my last reply to u.

smiley smiley smiley I don't know why it took you and it's taking donnffd too long to realise the bolded phrases.

3 Likes

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
donnffd:

I sincerely cant imagine how we can live in a world where we have scientists working at the "Large Hadron Collider" in Geneva, Switzerland and simultaneously have young Nigerians(the supposed future of the country) believing in the existence of "African Voodoo"...

it beats me, truly... the backwardness of this continent is giving me headache...

Please keep quiet.
The same europeans have done several documentaries on it.
Deceiving urself wont help matters. Even people in europe still have equivalents of such in secret orders and cults.
Some scientists u r busy pointing to, are members.
Be dreaming

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
NPComplete:

Stop trying to cover up. We all read what u wrote. Dont try to trivialize a lie gone wrong.
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
felixomor:

Stop trying to cover up. We all read what u wrote. Dont try to trivialize a lie gone wrong.

If voodoo is real, why didn't anyone win the James Randi Foundation $1,000,000 paranormal challenge prize which was on for about 10 years?

6 Likes

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
kolawaxxy:

If voodoo is real, why didn't anyone win the James Randi Foundation $1,000,000 paranormal challenge prize which was on for about 10 years?

Please go and read more about that challenge, so many people accused the man of not being sincere. Just like the way u r also behaving now.

Moreover, so u mean u want to use only that show as ur criteria, when u know there are billions of pple who dont even watch TV let alone browsing the internet.
You amaze me.
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by lastmessenger: 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
NPComplete:

Deist is close but not quite it. I just don't like labels. I still believe in the intervention of a supreme being though so I still say my prayers. And I am a Christian (in the sense that I believe in Jesus Christ and his philosophy of love ur neighbour and pray for them that hurt u. Not in the modern bullshit Nigerian sense that involves paying tithes to fraudulent pastors, believing everything they say and speaking in empty tongues at every turn while being corrupt at the same time). I just don't believe that because I believe in something, it is the absolute truth. I believe God has allowed us all the freedom to choose whichever belief systems we desire and excel through it. That is the first demonstration of His love. We must only act in ways to ensure that our belief systems do not hamper the exercising of that love by other people either by denying them a freedom to practice theirs or practicing ours in ways that bring harm to them. Our overall motivations must be the improvement of the human station by seeking out the laws of God through science and applying it as much as we are allowed by the universe, devising better medicine and nutrition and understanding of our place in the universe.
Nice thought bro. Keep it up. Meanwhile Jesus is Lord is my belief and I will never forget that till I die.
Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by adjoviomole(m): 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
donnffd:

With all the camera phones rampant like water, there hasnt been one single video of the charm working or a supernatural event occuring, Na by mouth person they believe that kind thing?

Make I go camera make dem shoot me abi. Na because u neva see dat kine scenario b4.

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist by felixomor: 4:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
adjoviomole:

Make I go camera make dem shoot me abi. Na because u neva see dat kine scenario b4.

Noo. Allow the guy to dey talk like small pikin there. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Things You Should Know As An Instrumentalist / 2023: Tinubu & Osinbajo Will Fight - Primate Ayodele / Happy Birthday To Bishop David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.