Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" (63489 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: 'I Won't Stop Cursing Killers & Sponsors, Upload It On YouTube' / Joys Oyedepo Celebrates Her Birthday (Bishop David Oyedepo's Last Born) / Johan Huibers Builds Noah's Ark Replica To Prove The Bible Was Right (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by afronews1211: 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2016
[img]http://3.bp..com/-S5toiR68T0Y/V7HT1oMJkSI/AAAAAAAKMZE/0PQ0y5rZ4zsECX5sNcfq0HyQsYz6WQcjwCLcB/s400/unnamed.jpg[/img]
On Sunday August 12th, Joys, the last daughter of the founder of Winners Chapel Overseer, Bishop David Oyedepo, shared this photo along with a post where she described herself as "crazy".

"Those who know me know that I'm crazy. I don't blend in. I'm the one who's yingin' when everyone else is yangin'. I've been called an outcast by many outsiders. But the more I tried to fit in, the more I stood out. My differences wouldn't let me stay the same. Everyday, I've come to let the differences that make me, shine through.

Tired of the need to stay the same, I've come to accept the real me. I'm not the same. And as long as I stay rare, there'd always be a need for all of me. For there would always be room for rarity. I have decided not to let the miracle of my birth be the sole miracle of my existence. The proof, is in my crazy"

However, it seems the post didn't go down well with some people as she has been receiving messages from critics. Moments ago, she took to her Facebook page to clarify what she meant by "crazy" Read her post below:

[b]"I 've recieved way too many personal messages about this post below and so for the honest few, I have chosen to make a few things clear.
It seems that many of us have misunderstood things too easily. You all have seen my posts for a while now, some of you have seen them for years on end, and you know that I absolutely adore my family.
That cannot, has not, and will not ever change. Anyone who tries to insinuate any different is purely looking for loopholes that just don't exist.
To that group, you may need to find more profitable work because that, already is a failed venture. Then, there is this other group that expects me to be EXACTLY like my mother or sister, who are role models to many including myself. especially myself.
Thing is, you also may need to edit your expectation because that too, will not be happening.
I'm me and will never be anyone else. can never be anyone else. and will not even try to.
I love that my sister and I are not walking replicas of my mother. she teaches us not to be. she teaches that we are who God has called us to be, and that, with all sincerity. our differences make us unique, and that makes us an epic loving family. that, we are grateful to God for.
Ps, "crazy" purely means/meant different. This, you would understand if you read through the post honestly, completely and some of us, without negative intent.
So, to those who honestly were confused on the original post, I hope you have recieved the needed clarity. But to those still looking for loopholes, sorry. failed venture.
Be you. Be who God created you to be. Yes, have role models (& you always can start with my mother and sister--right here on facebook even if you have nowhere else to turn). But don't ever try to dim your uniqueness to fit in with the "world's" definition of perfect.
God bless y'all[/b]

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=935417713254331&substory_index=0&id=701754366620668&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.935417713254331%3Atl_objid.935417713254331%3Athid.701754366620668%3A306061129499414%3A69%3A0%3A1472713199%3A-4629797490606452991&__tn__=%2As

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Airforce1(m): 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
this one is a crackhead

See her sharp eyes

33 Likes

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by afronews1211: 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2016
lol
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by YorubaWoman: 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2016
is she also a celebrity? ??

undecided undecided undecided
crazy or not undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by aniteze(m): 9:55pm On Aug 15, 2016
End time daughter. A parable "Marrying a comedian doesn't guaranty a happy family."

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by naijaboiy: 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
I'm not surprised...na pastor pikin dey bad pass. undecided

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Mrop(m): 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2016
lobatan
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by soberdrunk(m): 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
Somebody help me with her contact, lemme put that "crase" to the test........ grin grin grin

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by hadduni(f): 10:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
please do yourselves the
favour of reading through the post properly and with good intent before commenting.all the comments above points to the fact that nlanders makes comment without reading.

148 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by OfficialAwol(m): 10:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
Some of us men, when we hear you say I'm crazy, we understand it to mean that you collect kondo at random and we stand in queue to collect our share. But I hope that's not the kinda crazy you mean though.

But I bet you if it is, lalasticlala just beat me to first in queue.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by iheanyi40(m): 11:36pm On Aug 15, 2016
mtcheew, who she b, who she epp make she swerve joor undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 16, 2016
I don't even believe in having role models, nobody is perfect and putting them on such pedestal sets you up for disappointment later cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 16, 2016
Watin concern me undecided
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by femi4: 9:15am On Aug 16, 2016
They failed in their parenting duty

2 Likes

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 16, 2016
Crazy in the sense that she won't end up as her smooth talker fraud of a dad?

I APPROVE.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by AnodaIT(m): 9:16am On Aug 16, 2016
DO you know that she heads a foundation called “Women of the God Kind”.

She is one of few that have successfully blend godliness and fashion together.

According to her, what she meant by crazy means DIFFERENT!

Click to see more stunning pix of Joys in all fashions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by herzern(m): 9:16am On Aug 16, 2016
God will help us all!!!

AMEN!!

SEEN!

NEXT THREAD!!.,,.Please!

1 Like

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by herzern(m): 9:16am On Aug 16, 2016
tongue
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 16, 2016
King David in the Bible had your type. In every household, there are vessels of honor and dishonor. Anyone can choose which of the vessels to represent. Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by mosho2good: 9:17am On Aug 16, 2016
Like she said she's must be crazy and mad
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 16, 2016
who cares!!!!!

how does that concern us!!!

wit all d makeup, you aint beautiful sef

1 Like

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Trone: 9:17am On Aug 16, 2016
Her problem!
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by wellmax(m): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2016
[size=14pt]Her life, her business[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by chrisbaby24(m): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2016
see dis one...if u wan craze...jus dey craze dey go...shebi ur papa na pastor...he go soon cure your craze..!!grin
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Akshow: 9:18am On Aug 16, 2016
Issorait

1 Like

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Sijo01(f): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2016
Hope this crazy one will not renounce her religion one day o undecided
In most families, there's always that one person who behaves like an outcast.

3 Likes

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Sexytemi(f): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2016
That's her way of life....you can't always stick to the status quo.

But she resemble choima chukuwka

3 Likes

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by femi4: 9:18am On Aug 16, 2016
hadduni:
please do yourselves the
favour of reading through the post properly and with good intent before commenting.all the comments above points to the fact that nlanders makes comment without reading.
Since you cannot upload your profile pix properly....I don't think a lot of people will follow your advice

3 Likes

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by NameChecker: 9:18am On Aug 16, 2016
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Preaches To His Congregation From On Top Of His Hummer Jeep (Photo) / Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter / Bishop David Oyedepo, Wife And Children In Lovely Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.