Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,428 members, 7,808,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

In progress - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / In progress (3286 Views)

Anti Success Symptoms That Limits Our Progress In Life / Training Always In Progress / Pan-africa University Admission In Progress Just 'O' Level Required 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In progress by joaoche(f): 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2009
help please how do i get my nursing license in Nigeria, i just graduated BSN, and the country i graduated from asked me to get my license from my country
Re: In progress by Linguist(f): 1:02pm On Sep 29, 2009
i actually[color=#550000][/color] went to a school of nursing in nigeria and i have gotten my liscence. i will advice you to go to www.nursing and midwifery council.com. you can make enquiries there.
Re: In progress by joaoche(f): 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ Linguist

thanks alot , i have been thinking of where to go when i get to naija

please can u give me details of how you got your license, was it giving to you by the school you graduated from

or did you have to take an exam for the license, whats the name of the exam
Re: In progress by bintab(f): 7:06am On Oct 13, 2009
joaoche:

@ Linguist

thanks alot , i have been thinking of where to go when i get to naija

please can u give me details of how you got your license, was it giving to you by the school you graduated from

or did you have to take an exam for the license, whats the name of the exam
Sorry,i did'nt get your question.Did you graduated from nigeria or you want to relocate to Nigeria to practise after a completion of a degree from a foreign country?
Re: In progress by joaoche(f): 6:28pm On Oct 13, 2009
i dint graduate in Nigeria, but i am planning to go to Nigeria for my NYSC and license, i would like to talk to a nurse who graduated in Nigeria if there is any on this forum smiley
Re: In progress by bintab(f): 7:40am On Oct 14, 2009
joaoche:

i dint graduate in Nigeria, but i am planning to go to Nigeria for my NYSC and license, i would like to talk to a nurse who graduated in Nigeria if there is any on this forum smiley

The body that regulates licensure in Nigeria is Nursing and Midwifery Council is located in Lagos.The requirements for a foreign nurse licensure is a bit differ for what will have here in the states.You will be require to submits transcripts,license from the country you graduated.It usually takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks for the procees and not require to take any test except your studies were taken in another language other than English. I did graduauted from School of Nursing University College Hospital Ibadan,Oyo State then moved to the states to further my studies. I hope this little information helps.
Re: In progress by joaoche(f): 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2009
@ bintab

thanks for the info, i will see to that when i get home
Re: In progress by agiboma(f): 8:30am On Oct 09, 2011
i got my nursing degree in Canada can someone tell me where to get the nigerian nursing license, i am opening a clinic in PH.

Thanks for your help
Re: In progress by yamakuza: 11:39am On Oct 09, 2011
Re: In progress by joaoche(f): 4:57am On Nov 03, 2011
agiboma:

i got my nursing degree in Canada can someone tell me where to get the nigerian nursing license, i am opening a clinic in PH.

Thanks for your help

I am processing my license now

when i got back home to Nigeria

I got a form from the nursing council in abuja, which i had to send to my school for stamping and verification

And my school had to send the verification form and my transcript directly to the nursing council in lagos

After all that was done and the Nursing council got my verification and transcript from my school

they sent a letter to me referring me to one of the nursing schools in Nigeria where they said i had to spend one year, before which they can give me the licence

if you have any question
let me know
Re: In progress by agiboma(f): 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2011
wow what a process omg joache where did you get your license originally
Re: In progress by agiboma(f): 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2011
@yamkuza

thanks so much i really appreciate it
Re: In progress by joaoche(f): 11:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
@ agiboma yah long process
but since you gratuated from canada and have a licence from canada u will only have to spend 3 months in the hospital for clinical adaptation,,, im sure by now you done all that, good luck to us

(1) (Reply)

Consulting Vs Investment Banking - What You Need to Know / Nigerian Police Recruitment 2016 Shortlisted Candidates / How Much Should Recruitment Agencies Charge For Job Search?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.