Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Use Tinder To Find New Friends, Dates And Potential Spouses - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Use Tinder To Find New Friends, Dates And Potential Spouses (1479 Views)

Did This Lady Join Tinder To Be Rude To Guys Asking Her Out? See Chats / 30k For Sex. These Hoes On Tinder Dey Madddddd! / How To Use Tinder To Find New Friends, Dates And Potential Spouses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Use Tinder To Find New Friends, Dates And Potential Spouses by typearls(f): 2:02am On Aug 16, 2016
Tinder is the latest mobile application where it is touted that no matter how unsociable you are, you are bound to find your perfect match. The mobile app uses an individual’s Facebook account to find new connections based on his/her friends, mutual friends, interests and location. Developers have their statistics to back them up, with more than a billion swipes per day, millions of matches made every 24 hours, people liking and super liking themselves. With such statistics, It shouldn’t be difficult to find an exact match, abi? That’s what I thought too but because a guy and I have 300 Mutual friends on Facebook doesn’t mean we will necessarily like each other but the possibilities are limitless, there are so many potential matches to choose from.

After reading Gloria Edozien's review about Tinder on Bella Naija, I was armed with so much enthusiasm, am all for making new friends, so in no time I downloaded Tinder, Installed it but was inconsistent for weeks, All I did was look at myriad of pictures, Never knew there were so much “ fine guys” and “handsome ladies”, as seen from their photos. I check in once a week, just to stay connected. Did you know ? Tinder has been in existence since 2012, am just getting to know about it in 2016, we Nigerians (Or is it me) can be slow to try new things sha.

The app is wonderful; you can look at your fill of pictures to your heart’s content, if you are into that kind of thing. Or you can make better use of it and make new friends, who knows your next business partner, investor, husband, wife , boyfriend, girlfriend might just be 1 mile away from you, and you wont know it except you have Tinder to help you.

To get started on Tinder, just download the app from play store, install , sign in with your Facebook account and you are in the game.Let your personality show forth. Professional, casual, or fun but put up quality photos of you only.

There are icons representing different options. Like, Close, Superlike buttons . Swipe left to like a new match, or swipe down to skip, when your match also likes you, you can start exchanging messages.

Next, dig deeper if you will truly like the kind of person, Tinder does most of its matches based on statistics gathered from facebook, so it is logical to ask for a person’s facebook profile, by looking through his/her posts, pictures, mutual friends, interests, you can gather a wealth of information about such person. If he/she meets your expectations. Then proceed.

Now that you have liked or superliked each other,
Send a message like “ Hello, am Bayo,saw your profile on Tinder,And I like what I see , I believe it will be nice to get to know each other and likely meet if possible”

When you meet someone on Tinder, be open minded , though Tinder is a dating app, but it can also be a luck charm for starting long lasting, strong friendships with individuals of same or opposite sex. Your BFF may just be a swipe away.

Word of caution: Here are safety tips to help you make the most out of Tinder
Be careful in giving away too much personal information, trust your instincts, do so only if you are comfortable with the person.
If you agree to go on a date, let a friend or neighbour be aware of your movement, write down the details,name and number of the person you are going with, so they know who to trace, God Forbid, to prevent any bad occurrence. I have of a lady who got killed by a male friend she met on Tinder, another lady got stranded in Turkey during the coup crisis when she travelled to see her friend from Tinder. I guess that's why Tinder chooses matches close to your location, so you can be close to home.
I will advise you to meet your date in a neutral , public place first like shopping malls, fast food joints, ice cream shops before visiting each other at homes and have extra cash for buying food or paying cab fare, even when the guy is paying, but if the date doesn't go as planned, at least you have a backup plan.
Dont be clingy, if the date doesn't work out as you expected it, don't become possessive, jealous overly attached to one person, there are other millions of matches to choose from.
You can move your chats to Whatsapp or bbm medium for faster response and easier chat, but if the person is not to your taste. Let it end on Tinder. No need giving out phone numbers.
Always be polite in your conversations. Tinder is not for solving world's problems or canvassing votes or market place. Stick to the discussion and not try to offend another by starting an argument or selling goods. Move the discussion on to another platform.
In my Next post, I will be writing on 10 kinds of men and women to avoid on Tinder. I mean when you see these people, just swipe them off.

What has your experience been on Tinder? One guy said most ladies on Tinder are always asking or money, Is this always true?
Re: Use Tinder To Find New Friends, Dates And Potential Spouses by ironheart(m): 3:30am On Aug 16, 2016
What if you do not have a Facebook account?

(1) (Reply)

Men, See How To Identify The Ho Rny Women Around You. / I Got Pregnant For A Man Who Doesn’t Want It. / Poll: Guys Which Will You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.