Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? (981 Views)

Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate / It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi / When Your Parents Follow You On Twitter - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by AnusOdourInhaler: 7:29am On Aug 16, 2016
I inherited a very disturbing pride from my mother. Now, don't get me wrong, an example of the 'pride' I meant here is, yesterday, I was about boarding school bus, so I stood in queue like everyone, and when is my turn , the 'conductor' instead of serving me, he served another lady that came before me, that action immediately triggered the pride, and my thoughts were, 'this guy just treated me like a shiitt because I'm boarding a subsidized school bus?', 'what did this honorable fooool takes me for?', so I just left the queue and took another public bus to my destination. I find it very difficult to resist such circumstances, and it happens a lot... As a side note, most people said that I'm a nice guy and easy going.
This is my problem...
Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by Christardor: 7:35am On Aug 16, 2016
Lemme think..I don't think any bad traits I have now are from my parents coz bad traits are learned. you are who you are from within...so,don't blame your parents for your ego and change.
God said "humble yourself and I will exalt you"

2 Likes

Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by martyns303(m): 7:39am On Aug 16, 2016
With a moniker like urs, I can assure you, it wasn't just "pride" u inherited from ur folks!!!

4 Likes

Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by AnusOdourInhaler: 7:43am On Aug 16, 2016
martyns303:
With a moniker like urs, I can assure you, it wasn't just "pride" u inherited from ur folks!!!
Don't judge my moniker, I saw it on reddit and find it funny... Nothing much
Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by kossyablaze(m): 8:18am On Aug 16, 2016
Hmmm itz a secret
Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by sinaj(f): 8:22am On Aug 16, 2016
Um... terrible mood swing I guess.
Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by misspicy(f): 8:25am On Aug 16, 2016
I think mine is anger,was told my dad has a very bad temper,funny enough I never met him,yet my anger supercedes his own grin

meanwhile,that was when I was in the flesh,now I'm redeemed by the blood tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by SirVintageCock: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2016
I write people off easily.
Once you offend me and oftentimes forming strong head on top the matter, I just delete you from my life till infinity.

2 Likes

Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by TheArchangel(f): 9:48am On Aug 16, 2016
I find it difficult to shed tears when someone dies. Same as my Mum.
I always see it as " one less mouth to feed from world's already depleted food source".

I am neck deep in skepticism. There is always a cause and effect relationship to every event. Sometimes I wonder whether my Mum really believe in God or is she just attending church for the fun of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by southernbelle(f): 10:37am On Aug 16, 2016
Raising my nose and having one particular look whenever anything disgusts me (even when i'm supposed to pretend and keep a normal face), got it from my dad and its been pointed out so often by family and friends. cheesy cheesy
I had to put in an effort to try and stop it though i still do it subconsciously.
And when i like someone very much, i can defend and justify most of their actions even the ones that are not so nice. My mum always complains that i got that from my paternal grandmother and it annoys her so much especially when she has an issue with someone and she expects me to support her and criticise that person's actions and then she and i just end up quarrelling because i take sides with the other person...hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by MidasTouche01(m): 11:36am On Aug 16, 2016
misspicy:
I think mine is anger,was told my dad has a very bad temper,funny enough I never met him,yet my anger supercedes his own grin

meanwhile,that was when I was in the flesh,now I'm redeemed by the [b]blood
tongue[/b]

Blood of what
Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by misspicy(f): 2:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
MidasTouche01:

Blood of what
Blood of the lamb grin
Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by SlimHan(f): 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
well, i easily reveal my plans to friends and family members especially when am in a good mood and enthusiastic about the plans, even things am expected to keep to myself. inherited that from my dad. Some times, the plans dont come to pass again as i just easily loose interest. I really dont like that and all effort to stop has been futile. I just hope i wont tell my enemies and village witches when going for Visa interview grin or planning to board a plane.... hehehehehehe

2 Likes

Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by MidasTouche01(m): 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
misspicy:

Blood of the lamb grin

What Lamb? undecided
Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by Armanee: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
Sacarsm
Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by HCF(m): 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
AnusOdourInhaler:
I inherited a very disturbing pride from my mother. Now, don't get me wrong, an example of the 'pride' I meant here is, yesterday, I was about boarding school bus, so I stood in queue like everyone, and when is my turn , the 'conductor' instead of serving me, he served another lady that came before me, that action immediately triggered the pride, and my thoughts were, 'this guy just treated me like a shiitt because I'm boarding a subsidized school bus?', 'what did this honorable fooool takes me for?', so I just left the queue and took another public bus to my destination. I find it very difficult to resist such circumstances, and it happens a lot... As a side note, most people said that I'm a nice guy and easy going.
This is my problem...
You may have inherited ' Pride' from your parents, but the way u reacted in that situation you illustrated was just normal. You were taken for granted and nobody likes it...u left out of annoyance.

For me, It is excessive generosity! smiley
Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by AnusOdourInhaler: 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
HCF:

You may have inherited ' Pride' from your parents, but the way u reacted in that situation you illustrated was just normal. You were taken for granted and nobody likes it...u left out of annoyance.

For me, It is excessive generosity! smiley
Thanks.. This is actually good to my ears.. I try a'a much as possible not to 'show my pride' in public, since what I did was normal, then, cool
Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by majour(m): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
SirVintageCock:
I write people off easily.
Once you offend me and oftentimes forming strong head on top the matter, I just delete you from my life till infinity.
I can totally relate to this, that feeling of I can so live without u, get off from my life, hate it sometimes tho, especially in cases that has to do with emotion, we just black them out like we never cared
Re: Hello Nlanders, What's The Not So Good Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? by Ginaz(f): 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2016
I don't know, so many I can't remember but the one I can remember is shouting with my small voice.

Everybody shouts in the house, got it from my mother's side of family. We will sit in the same place together and be shouting when having a normal conversation.

In school I was arguing with a friend over our project topic, she said I was shouting and I thought I was talking gently with her.

I'm trying to change this character but Chaii, my mom needs to change cos her own is worse .

My mom: okeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (shouting)
Me: maaaaaaaaaaa (shouting)
My mom: u no put water for fire (shouting)
Me: yes na, I know (shouting)
My aunt: make the eba plenty o, no make small one like yesterday (shouting)
My mom: you people shouts a lot in this house (shouting)

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Name For Alabodo In Igbo? / What Is The Best Job For A Man / Help:I and My Best Friend Are Falling Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.