Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! (4268 Views)

Php Vs Python / Ruby Vs Python / Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
TrueHeart365:
for those who want to learn python. i found this book very useful to me. with it you may not need video tutorials(if you are smartgrin).

it teaches python from scratch (python 2). i recommend it to any newbie. learn 2 before goung to 3 cos most online

okay cool

an ebook??
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
4kings:

It depends on the video tutor.
I have also experienced that when I started 3d modelling.
But if one tutor is not carrying u along, there are others that might make u understand the subject better, some tutors rush and don't properly consider absolute beginners in their video preparation.
Lets just say so
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by babatope88(m): 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
dhtml18:
Let me illustrate this better:
let us assume that you start with PHP, you will learn to do great stuffs fast.
if you have started with python, there will be a little lag before you start doing awesome stuffs.

But there is a catch, if you stick with python, after like 6 months or 1year, you will be a more awesome programmer than if you have started with PHP.
Reason: python is a lot more efficient than PHP on many levels. So in the end, it pays you off to learn python than to learn php. Once you have mastered python, php will become extremely easy for you to learn - but it does not work the other way.

100% in support.

1 Like

Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by flexispy: 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
MrKamar:
Hmm let's wait for the elders coz I just finished learning HTML and CSS . learning JavaScript currently and I find it difficult to understand it sad any advice for me?

Meanwhile....
Try "JavaScript - understanding the weird parts"
"You don't know js". I would have recommended "eloquent js" but some people find it difficult.
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
flexispy:

Try "JavaScript - understanding the weird parts"
"You don't know js". I would have recommended "eloquent js" but some people find it difficult.
cool
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by Raypawer(m): 6:07am On Aug 18, 2016
Actually, Php is not a programming language so to say, its a server side scripting language

KvnqPrezo:

list of programming languge i saw

A+
C++
Python

the list was upto 15 but no php

i choosed python because it look easier when printing the "hello world"

later i discovered html and css later javascript and php dats y i started python
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
Raypawer:
Actually, Php is not a programming language so to say, its a server side scripting language

Thanks i was waiting for someone to say this..m now completely sure.
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by Nobody: 2:13am On Aug 19, 2016
Just like PYTHON is not exactly a SERVER-SIDED PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE LIKE PHP PRIMARILY. PHP can also be used to develop softwares, but you will hardly see it listed in places where software development languages like JAVA, Python are listed.
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by oilykid(m): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2016
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by Olumyco(m): 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
Raypawer:

This statement of yours looks somehow. Some might see it as a fact but I can categorically tell U that it is not the truth.

We have a lot of problems in IT especially with 'terms'. Based on my curiosity and what my research has afforded me I can conclusively say that the word 'scripting language' is one of the most misleading world in IT. There is nothing like scripting language. Scripting is a programming style that any language can be used to achieve. I can use a language to script another language. So please let's wake up and get our choice of words right.
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by Raypawer(m): 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
i see, Mr PHP, clap for yourself, defend php your only tool...

if thats the case you can call makup language (html) a programming style!

maybe after your research, you could compare php side by side with compiled languages!

you could see this for yourself as part of your research

http://www.yorku.ca/nmw/facs1939f13/javascript_all/js_scriptingVSprogramming.html

don't wake up, live and die with php!

Olumyco:

This statement of yours looks somehow. Some might see it as a fact but I can categorically tell U that it is not the truth.

We have a lot of problems in IT especially with 'terms'. Based on my curiosity and what my research has afforded me I can conclusively say that the word 'scripting language' is one of the most misleading world in IT. There is nothing like scripting language. Scripting is a programming style that any language can be used to achieve. I can use a language to script another language. So please let's wake up and get our choice of words right.
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by Olumyco(m): 3:38pm On Aug 19, 2016
Raypawer:
i see, Mr PHP, clap for yourself, defend php your only tool...

if thats the case you can call makup language (html) a programming style!

maybe after your research, you could compare php side by side with compiled languages!

you could see this for yourself as part of your research

http://www.yorku.ca/nmw/facs1939f13/javascript_all/js_scriptingVSprogramming.html

don't wake up, live and die with php!

"There are no actual concrete global difference between
scripting and programming languages when it comes to the
actual code."
Stefan Mischook (http://www.killersites.com/blog/2005/
scripting-vs-programming-is-there-a-difference/)

I just went thru d link you provided and I found what is above. So U can see that even the article U provided says there is no difference when it comes to codes.

Now let me educate U a little, U just av to be patient and understand.... We are all learning.

Scripting came into being b cos of need for the extension of an existing program. Like when U develop an application..... U might want a situation whereby pple can insert codes to achieve somethings that is not existing with the Application. Like for Games developed with C++ then, Lua was used to script the Application. VBA is the language used for scripting in Excel Application. Browser uses JavaScript and so on. Because of the situation surrounding scripting, the languages brought in to do scripting is usually interpreted and dynamic.

Now I can develop an Application in any language even JavaScript and decide to extend it such that C language will be used to script it.

Let me tell U many languages today have interpreters and compilers.

Then again some languages compile to intermediate language b4 being interpreted so what do U call that.

Python compiles to byte code b4 interpretation ..... so is Java, C# and so on.

C language has interpreters.....

So scripting is one aspect of programming that is defined by a programmer and the environment in question and not the language.

Get this JavaScript in the browser is performing scripting operation but not in other environment. Do u know that JavaScript can be used to develop desktop applications, mobile applications, microcontroller applications etc. Now this shud inform U dat aside browser environment JavaScript is not performing scripting operation.

As regards the main Issue...... There is no normal feature that defines a programming language that PHP, JavaScript etc does not have. So PHP is a programming language.
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by Raypawer(m): 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
Olumyco, scripting languages are not compiled directly by the system, rather an interpreter comes to play before the system could run the code

eg. php, python, javascript

mean while for
Programming Languages, the system understands the code and the are compiled directly

eg. Golang, C#, Java, C, C++

since java sometimes is interpreted instead of compiled, so then?

if thats the case it means you can compile php directly into bytecode..

learn, u no go gree!
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by guru01(m): 6:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
Raypawer:
Olumyco, scripting languages are not compiled directly by the system, rather an interpreter comes to play before the system could run the code

mean while for
Programming Languages, the system understands the code and the are compiled directly

learn, u no go gree!

First we need to know what a programming language is.
At its minimum, a programming language is something that is read by the computer and instructs it to perform certain operations. Many people would also expect a general purpose programming language to be Turing complete. However there could be situations where a domain-specific language isn't Turing complete but is still a useful programming language for that specific domain.
Programming languages can be compiled or interpreted, and they could run on many platforms or just one specific one. Different needs require different programming languages. Clearly PHP is a programming language.

My definition of "real" programming language would be any programming language that has at least one practical usage in the real world. This is opposed to an esoteric programming language which typically has no practical usage. Since PHP is used widely to solve real problems it easily meets this requirement for being a real programming language, although it is arguably not a particularly beautiful language.

PHP is a pragmatic language. It was created out of a specific need to be able to quickly make web pages (the name originally stood for Personal Home Pages) and the language was extended as required. Since there was no theoretical background or strong design principles driving its creation (there isn't even a formal specification of the language) it is less clean than many other more modern languages.

However PHP is good at what it was designed for and many sites use it, even very large sites like Facebook, Yahoo! and Wikipedia.
grin grin
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by yungcheda(m): 7:17pm On Aug 19, 2016
Scripting languages are programming languages and vice versa.
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by Imakeherdrip(m): 9:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
Raypawer:

really?
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by Raypawer(m): 9:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
i saw this comming!

i know more php e-warriors are loading their e-guns, ready to shoot, but wait, has php ever been compiled to bytecode directly?

guruO1, yungcheda
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by guru01(m): 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
Raypawer:
i saw this comming!

i know more php e-warriors are loading their e-guns, ready to shoot, but wait, has php ever been compiled to bytecode directly?

guruO1, yungcheda
Is a programming language a compiled language?
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 20, 2016
*Puts on my 4-D glasses and zips my mouth*
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:24am On Aug 20, 2016
dhtml18:
*Puts on my 4-D glasses and zips my mouth*
lolz oga boss
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by jimklef(m): 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
i think u shud learn php first b4 goin to python, learn PHP is on of d best language 4 web deveelpment, u hav to learn php then SQL b4 goin into high level languages lyk python nd java, HTML
CSS
javascipt
xml
mySql
ajax
php
python
java, if u finish learning java, c++ nd C, C# will b very simple 4 u, thank u
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by paranorman(m): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
jimklef:
i think u shud learn php first b4 goin to python, learn PHP is on of d best language 4 web deveelpment, u hav to learn php then SQL b4 goin into high level languages lyk python nd java, HTML
CSS
javascipt
xml
mySql
ajax
php
python
java, if u finish learning java, c++ nd C, C# will b very simple 4 u, thank u
means I am on the right path then..

Can somebody recommended a book in javascript that can take someone from rookie to pro? Something simple, extensive and contains real/practical examples?

Thanks.
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by FrankLampard: 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
If you are choosing between PHP and Python. Choose PHP and never go to Python.

Other considerations would be C# or Java, but No, never choose Python. My reason: it is very slow (Performance wise) for Web Development.
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by Sync201(m): 1:22am On Aug 22, 2016
I think python is better than php,i have researched it,python is easy and you can lots of things with python..

Am still learning python 'tho..i find it easier
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by LoveDecay(m): 3:09am On Aug 22, 2016
PHP is a limited language, there is only so much you can use it to do.
after basic css/html I took python

It's huge in academia so you know you making money as an academic with python experience - mostly data analysis , biostats, etc learn basic statistics and R and youre making money

Web development, flask django and more

Mobile development look to kivy.

But, I heard to get good at programming you need to try your hands at least for language.

So learn python and PHP spend an hr on python 10 mins on php - and you improve.

I did python, bash, javascript and C#
Re: Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! by Olumyco(m): 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
Raypawer:

mean while for

learn, u no go gree!

Every language has the way it works.

The taxonomy of Every programming language is three

1. Programming language (syntax & semantics, paradigm, typing and types)

2. Engine(Interpreter/Compiler)

3. Tools (Libraries & Frameworks)

Now get this right there is no such thing as scripting language. The correct nomenclature is scripting. Scripting is a function of purpose.

I can develop a language and decide to go Web and then I will be needing an interpreter. I can decide to increase the capacity of the language by building a compiler for it.

Now this Is how PHP works

Taxonomy of PHP Programming Language

1. PHP

2. Zend Engine, Phc Compiler

3. Laravel, codeigniter etc

For Web, Zend Engine is the most used. When U write php codes, Zend Engine does not understand it because Zend Engine here is a virtual machine which understands only bytecode just like JVM. Zend Engine who is the handles php code then use an inbuilt compiler to compile the php code to bytecode and from there it runs the bytecode by interpreting it.
Note this that the bytecode are never saved on the disk in form of a file like U av for

* Java - .class
* Python - .pyc
*C# - .il

but it saves it in memory and from there the bytecode is interpreted.

This translation/compilation process is similar JIT compilation.

For the second one Phc compiler, it precompiles PHP source code
GitHub - pbiggar/ phc : A compiler for PHP
https://github.com/pbiggar/ phc

Furthermore this age we are is not an age where we shud still be tied to traditional way of doing things.
The word scripting language, complied language, interpreted language etc are dead. The only word that can be added to them to make them living is the word tradition. But with this there is an argument that implementation of a language either thru interpretation or compilation is not a property of the language but the property of the engine(implementor). So in programming especially as a core programmer it is wrong to merge interpreted and language together. Any language can be interpreted or compiled.

Also that an Engine is developed to interprete the source code of a language does not mean the language is scripting.

Interpretation is not equal to scripting. But because of the situation surrounding scripting and the purpose of scripting, an interpreter is needed for a language who would be used to script another application.

My conclusion is a general/multipurpose language is first a programming language b4 it is used for scripting.

Thanks

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Developing A Facebook-like Ticker For Nairaland / Nigerian Game Development: What's Happening? / Got Another Remote Job Offer In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.