Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence (38154 Views)

How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less / 6 Documents Every Nigerian Driver MUST Have Released By FRSC / How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by AutoJoshNG: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2016
The Nigerian Driver’s Licence is an official document issued by the Federal Government of Nigeria permitting a specific individual to operate one or more types of motorized vehicles on Nigerian roads. This document can be obtained with the following steps:

• Obtain and complete Form MVA 11 from Motor Licencing Authority (MLA).
• Attend driving test with the appropriate authority for desired category of driver’s licence Form.
• If successful, a certificate would be issued indicating the class of licence qualified for
• Pay the prescribed fee to the Motor Licencing Authority (MLA).
• MLA sends the Form to FRSC (IPC) for processing
• Applicant proceeds to FRSC Information Processing Centre (IPC) for physical capture of photograph, finger print and signature.
• Processed licence is sent to MLA for distribution to successful applicants
• An experienced driver may in addition obtain trade test certificate Issues (3), (2) and (1) from the ministry of labour and productivity.
• The minimum age for driving is 18 years
• The terminal age for driving is 70 years

Note: Changing the category of drivers’ licence requires a new test.

http://autojosh.com/how-to-obtain-nigerian-drivers-licence/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by kelvine(m): 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
why is the guy in the picture grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Just the smile alone, policemen will ask him to go without delay.

13 Likes

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by masterpiece86: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
FRSC officers are just extorting money from unsuspecting applicants.

I was charged #11,500 for the licence after another officer duped me of #8,000 and issued me fake licence and the licence was later confiscated in Abuja.

#Karma will catch up with those dubious officers

9 Likes

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by pattybf(f): 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
op, this change no reach ur side abi? u still dey talk of old way processing!
u r on ur own!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by henritinecy(m): 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
o

9 Likes

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by examhall(f): 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
Just what I needed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by Mudash(m): 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
Following

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by Swaggzkid: 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
Google it

Why the guy on the ID card dey shine teeth like that?

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by NameChecker: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
Op,
it's a Long Process I tell you

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by Jeus(m): 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
Just runs It. It's faster.

Even the legit officials will tell you that to use that option and will help you out.

I still believe in change.

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by Sirmuel1(m): 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
Thank You!

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by IMASTEX: 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
Thanks for the info. . .

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by phatasschick(f): 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
Following grin

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by iamauxin(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
With 5k you will get it sha....

But let's not support the current trend...

Let's stick with the processes as shown By the OP

2 Likes

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by milky3(f): 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
alright

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by greggng: 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2016
If you follow that process you will suffer delays. It cost me good money to get mine. Just visit a trusted frsc guy or vio and pay him handsomely and he will do all that in a stressfree way for u. Anyone that need help on this matter should reach me

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by olaezebala: 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2016
Was at Sura yesterday and they gave me a bill of 25k. 10k for driving school, 15k for processing. Those Animals claimed the one with me is fake and i have to do a new one whereas I got the so called fake one from FRSC then o.

2 Likes

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by haxorDelite(m): 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2016
AutoJoshNG:

• Attend driving test with the appropriate authority for desired category of driver’s licence Form.
grin driving test in Nigeria?? Op you make me laugh

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by NameChecker: 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
The Nigerian Driver’s Licence is an official document issued by the Federal Government of Nigeria permitting a specific individual to operate one or more types of motorized vehicles on Nigerian roads. This document can be obtained with the following steps:

• [s]Obtain and complete Form MVA 11 from Motor Licencing Authority (MLA).
• If successful, a certificate would be issued indicating the class of licence qualified for[/s]
• Pay the prescribed fee to the Motor Licencing Authority (MLA).
• MLA sends the Form to FRSC (IPC) for processing
• Applicant proceeds to FRSC Information Processing Centre (IPC) for physical capture of photograph, finger print and signature.
• Processed licence is sent to MLA for distribution to successful applicants
• [s]An experienced driver may in addition obtain trade test certificate Issues (3), (2) and (1) from the ministry of labour and productivity.
• The minimum age for driving is 18 years
• The terminal age for driving is 70 years[/s]

[s]Note: Changing the category of drivers’ licence requires a new test.[/s]

This is the reality version
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by SafeAlhaji(m): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
kelvine:
why is the guy in the picture grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Just the smile alone, policemen will ask him to go without delay.
So na only policeman dey inspect vehicles

2 Likes

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by amclimax(m): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
people still dey buy car for nigeria?

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by SafeAlhaji(m): 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2016
NameChecker:

This is the reality version grin grin grin
in nigeria of today ba?

2 Likes

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by Edwardhead(m): 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
I dont know how to drive

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by SafeAlhaji(m): 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
pattybf:
op, this change no reach ur side abi? u still dey talk of old way processing!

u r on ur own!
epp me tell am abeg

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by pawesome(m): 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
wen u get dia,revenue wil tell u to pay 5k fr drivin sch certificate befr d giv u d MVA11 form to fill..so b it u hv it or nt,u must stil pay for dia own...

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by Harzan(m): 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
HEllo OP,
@ AutoJoshNG :
Pls I misplaced my original DL few months ago. How can i request for a new one pls? Any help on the process......
When I remember the stress I went thru while obtaining the former, it always discourages me to even attempt to start re-issuing procedure.
Its well.

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by flinkthem(m): 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
greggng:
If you follow that process you will suffer delays. It cost me good money to get mine. Just visit a trusted frsc guy or vio and pay him handsomely and he will do all that in a stressfree way for u. Anyone that need help on this matter should reach me
boss ur number abeg

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by Engrobiorah(m): 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2016
wapershmmnnn:
Dont you get tired? cry

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by greggng: 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
flinkthem:
boss ur number abeg

My number still remain 08062593234

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence by erimmy(m): 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
It seems it is more difficult to obtain a driver's licence than an international passport. Anyway ,if you need help on how to obtain an international passport check my signature and contact me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2018 Lexus GS F (price, Photos And Features) / BMW 766i Valkyrie 4×4 Is The Most Monstrous BMW You've Ever Seen (photos) / How Do I Unlock My Car Radio or get the Codes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.