Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,831 members, 7,806,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship (22620 Views)

Chinese Men Support Obiano In Anambra During Solidarity Rally (Photos) / Market Women Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha (PICTURES) / Traders Protest In Onitsha Over "Taxation' By Governor Obiano(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by jazinogold(m): 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
sad
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by free2ryhme: 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
these does not look like 10,000 protesting widows

3 Likes

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by babyoy(f): 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2016
Like it or not Obiano is one of d best governors in Nigeria right now, in relation to performance.

6 Likes

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by tomquest: 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2016

Anybody who rants rubbish against Obiano needs his/her head examined. Wherever positive governance is instituted, there must be some elements of sociopolitical resistance.

Including lies.

Firstly, these women ain't even up to 200. And secondly, Anambra's economic blueprint is crystal-clear. No amount of cheap propaganda would blur it. #IstandWithWillie

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Chibuhealth(f): 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2016
Am in onitsha, and it is true. Obiano is not doing well at all. Imagine! You wil enter main market buy something for you to keep paying his agberos till you get home. As far as am concern, Willie is not working , he is only making mouth from Peter Obi's good works

3 Likes

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by ekhai(m): 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2016
ANY TIME SOMEBODY IS TRYING TO SANITIZE THE SYSTEM, SOME UNGODLY ELEMENTS WILL TRY ALL MEANS AVAILABLE TO PULL HIM DOWN. UP WILLY OBIANO IN ANAMBRA STATE, UP BUHARI AT THE TOP.

QUOTE ME AND AMANDIOHA WILL SEND HIS ANGELS AFTER YOU.

4 Likes

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by shamecurls(m): 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hunger in the land

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Otunba2004(m): 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
snezBaba:
Wailers be like APC/BUHARI at work or they re rented grin
Pls just don't be bias
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Klamour: 2:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
@ Op, these are hired crowd and not widows. Who procured and printed on those T-shirts? The money used. Isn't it enough for feeding? Who labelled those young girls widows? All these na WASH!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Otunba2004(m): 2:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
snezBaba:
Wailers be like APC/BUHARI at work or they re rented grin
Pls don't be bias
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by kherington: 2:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
willie the clown what have you done that made these women protest against you i will advice you to make peace with them 2017 elections is around the corner

3 Likes

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by rita25(f): 2:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
when thwy were busy voting them no know ni? well lemme face my own matter before Igbo widows place curse of amadioha for my head grin
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Podinwa: 2:04pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hired crowd, all these protesters are not from Anambra but resident in Anambra State, why can't they just go back to their various South East States where their governors use them like goats.

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Luckymay(f): 2:04pm On Aug 16, 2016
Fake news everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by tomquest: 2:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
Chibuhealth:
Am in onitsha, and it is true. Obiano is not doing well at all. Imagine! You wil enter main market buy something for you to keep paying his agberos till you get home. As far as am concern, Willie is not working , he is only making mouth from Peter Obi's good works

We must support Obiano because he's focused and means well for Ndi Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by donzi(m): 2:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
"you no see as the t=-shirt dey, she had to contribute with other women and donate for it, if not hunger take over"
guyXander:
Evidence of doing something.
Next, he'll address the problems these women has. That was the reason they protested in the first place.

*modified

just look at this woman. Hunger dey wipe you. Yet you see money take go buy T-shirt 'tagged' widow.
Or na APC share am give una?
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by seamus387(m): 2:07pm On Aug 16, 2016
All is well.
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
I just don't understand people. this women don't want to relocate to the new market just like their counterparts in aba doesn't want to relocate to aba Mega mall yet, the all want their cities to become world class abi? I thought the threatened to relocate to delta (asaba) what Is stopping them? no be their fault sha dem Don see good neat road to lie down ontop protest.obiano carry go...

7 Likes

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by room089: 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
I thought Willie Obiano has been working?

Hope the governor and chairman Anambra state board of internal revenue are watching and taking note.

#NCWN
Reporting from ogbo-efele in onitsha
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by ANSOM: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
I see few women only, where are the 10,000 women you talked about? Why is he harassing and seizing their goods? What exactly is going on here? who can explain dis to me biko?!

These are a fraction of the market women who were asked to stop selling along the expressway in order to avoid cases of traffic congestion which occurs as a result of their trading activities and some cases where some of them were being knocked down by motorists along the expressway.

The state Government provided a permanent "Market Area" with stalls where they were asked to relocate but some were adamant and refused because according to them, they faced "low patronage" as compared to selling along the expressway.

The Government then gave them a deadline to relocate and desist from selling along the road or face the wrath of the law and as usual with the stubborn nature of humans, some played the deaf ear and continued.

Those who defaulted had their wares seized by the police and Ochanja Brigade before some unscrupulous elements decided to hijack the situation and persuaded them to stage an anti-govt protest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by ChimaAdeoye: 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
dmorf:

APC at Work

APC has been tirelessly working to distract the great works of Obiano.

See how they bought nice t-shirts they printed "widow" for the poor women. Only god knows how much peanuts they paid them to stand in the sun

4 Likes

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by toma3: 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
AM in anambra now this is lie lie lie

3 Likes

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by MattChidi(m): 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
wow this can't be real. There must be something wrong somewhere. Willie is a man that people reckon with because of his stride. i hope this will be rectified as soon as possible
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Hash86(m): 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2016
grin I'm just here to see HEAD I heard ppl from this place have one kind something tongue

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by aariwa(m): 2:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
guyXander:
Evidence of doing something.
Next, he'll address the problems these women has. That was the reason they protested in the first place.

*modified

just look at this woman. Hunger dey wipe you. Yet you see money take go buy T-shirt 'tagged' widow.
Or na APC share am give una?
My brother you may even be suprised that the husband is still alive,all because of peanuts from Peter Obi.I will blame Obiano anytime he gets distracted by these clown

2 Likes

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by victorazy(m): 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hardship induced by Buhari?
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by richard16(m): 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
I see few women only, where are the 10,000 women you talked about? Why is he harassing and seizing their goods? What exactly is going on here? who can explain dis to me biko?!
the kind of task force impose on them,collecting money without even considering how much goods the poor women are selling....U nid 2 see how dey re bin harrased, troway der goods lyk itz noting considering the hardship in the country now.... Tins lyk dis rarely happen be4,Nd the Governor doesn't care.......stand for justice if dose women are ur re mother wil u be Happy?? #stand4thepoor

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by derecho(m): 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
The story get bowleg.Were the widows singled out abi Widows get special market for Onitsha?
This protesters no lizembu widows o.
Dem no sabi act sef
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by sandman007: 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
Abeg mek we hear word. You are a widow and you can afford to use your money to go and print tshirt to protest hardship. PDP wan distabilise Anambra
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by ManMountain(m): 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2016
Kaira333:
They should protest against buhari not obiano. Obiano is not d curse of hardship its nation wide so please they should do the needful

Did you even read the OP at all? or you are just another Ipob with misplaced hatred for the President?

These women are protesting the severe hardish they are going through since Obiano came into power which saw their businesses closed through over taxation, double taxation, as well as the activities of Obiano revenue task force who clamp down on these poor women, beat them, assault them, seize their wares and in some cases destroy their shops.

Did the President ask Obiano to send thugs in uniform to the market to forcefully collect levies from poor women barely making out living from little trading?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Truth Surrounding Governor Umahi's Rumoured Defection / Sanwo-Olu's Wife Joins Campaign Train, Meets Women's Groups (video) / Doyin Okupe: PDP Must Change Name To Defeat APC In 2023 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.