Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

OJORA, A Friendly Family That Hates Cheating – Oba Aromire - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / OJORA, A Friendly Family That Hates Cheating – Oba Aromire (1764 Views)

Dear New Generation Igbo Parents, Stop Cheating Your Children / The Friendly Universe / Why Men Don’t Forgive Their Cheating Partners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OJORA, A Friendly Family That Hates Cheating – Oba Aromire by Ayo25: 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
Oba Fatai Aromire, Oyegbemi II, the Ojora of Ijora Kingdom in this chat with Jim Suleman in celebration of “Ojora Day” held on Sunday August 7, 2016 submitted that his (Ojora) family is friendly but hates cheating with passion.

It was that hatred for cheating that influenced him to lead the family into a legal battle royale for the soul of Iganmu land, which the family eventually won.

Pointing out that this time the family is poise to square it up politically with the Oluwa family that had cheated them for so long in the political setting of Ajeromi Ifelodun Local Government Area.

His words; “The Ajeromi Ifelodun Council Secretariat is on OJORAs land, and the Oluwas have been in control. Firstly, when Taju Oluwa represented Ajeromi and became Chairman of the then Ojo Local Government, secondly when Ajeromi Ifelodun Council was created, Rabiu Oluwa became chairman, when then is the turn of the OJORAs?

To find out, read on ….

On August 7, 2016, the celebration of Ojora Day was held, some called it “Ojude Oba” while some called it; “OJORA DAY” which one is right?

Both means same thing. If you call it “OJUDE OBA” if you call it “OJORA DAY”, it is the same thing.

What exactly is Ojora Day?

When we started the celebration some saw it as unserious festival, now they have seen the seriousness in it, so all sons and daughters of Ojora family, home and abroad now join in the celebration.

Ideally how should it be celebrated?

We make it a weeklong festival, commencing with homage to our ancestors, a day slated for Muslims to pray in their mosque; Christians are also allocated a day for prayers.

The 2nd day, family members are to pay homage to the crown head of the family. 3rd day is for indoor games, like; Ayo, Ludo, Draft, etc. the 4th day is for novelty football match. The final day is when family members led by His Royal Majesty, friends and well wishers of the family, all clubs on Ojora land will come together for social celebration.

That was what happened on August 7?

Yes that was what happened on Sunday, August 7

As the only Royal Father we have in Ajeromi Ifelodun Community, what is your take on the political situation?

I think there is much. Reasons is this; we have an agreement with Oluwa family, which I sincerely feel we have to abide with, because we don’t want to create problem among ourselves, actually, the Oluwas, have occupied the Council Chairmanship position in two occasions. Taju Oluwa represented Ajeromi as chairman of the then Ojo Local Government. Prince Rabiu Oluwa spent 6 years as Chairman of Ajeromi Ifelodun Council. Therefore, it is the turn of Ojora family to produce a candidate for the Council Chairmanship.

You have said this to us before, then, Taju Ojora was the Executive Secretary of Ajeromi Ifelodun Council; is that to say you don’t count his tenure?

Taju Ojora was appointed into that position, he was not elected. We also want elective position just like the Oluwas, because, we both own the land called Ajeromi Ifelodun.

In your opinion this is when the Ojoras should be allowed to contest for the seat?

That is the only fair way to achieve Justice, Ojoras should be allowed to use their 3 years for 2 terms.

It is now 4 years, will you still support 2 terms for the Ojoras?

Yes, it is now 4 years. My family will go to any length to defend our right, this is our time, our family will stand against any cheating from any quarters. I seriously tell you that our family will defend our rights to anywhere, we will not accept cheating.

So if they don’t allow your family, that is cheating?

They are cheating our family.

And you are noted for your doggedness?

Yes, when we talk about the land housing the Council Secretariat, it belongs to Ojora family and when you talk of votes we own the votes.

Ajegunle of 1994, and Ajegunle of today, what will you say, security wise?

Lets thank God. One of my Late Baales, Alhaji Rashidi Olatoye Alado did wonderful job in Ajegunle, because peple were in the past afraid to come to Ajegunle, not to talk of staying there. I will say that what brought the peace we enjoy today is because I splited various communities and appointed Baales for each of them. Thus, residents now have Baales closer to their domain. Look at Marine beach as an example of the then frequent communal clashes between Yoruba and Hausa, so when the government seek my advice. I advised that we should install a Baale for the community. And put a committee embracing all tribes to work with the Baale. Since then there have been peace in Marine beach. That was what happened at Ajegunle too, when the Ijaw Yoruba clash occurred we advised government to inaugurate a committee comprising heads of all tribes resident in Ajegunle; that is why there is peace in Ajegunle right now.

Some people are of the opinion that there is, or are sacrifice/s you ought to do in Ajegunle as the Royal Majesty who owns the land. How correct?

I don’t know why they say that. Because, I have Baales there, and they are capable, so it won’t be right for me to be doing their job. My doing such means I am not a good father. I do have dialogue with my Baales, so if they see anything that deserves my attention they let me know and I attend to them.

As His Royal Majesty in Ajeromi Ifelodun, what will you say about the present day Political situation that brings little or nothing to the community?

Ajeromi Ifelodun Politicians are shooting themselves on the leg, because, they lack serious leader.

What, and How do you mean?

Because, they all have different leaders. They ought to have one leader that would be respected and obeyed by all. Too many groups.

What do you think caused all?

I don’t know for them. Perhaps, it is ambition. That is why they don’t have a serious leader. This one will say this is my leader. That one will say this is my leader, that one is not my leader. And this is making them lose many things, they even lose appointments. It is only Kalejaiye who last got appointment as S.A for something rural, since then they have got nothing. If some move forward, others will go through the back to lodge petition against them. They have to come together so that the community gets some amenities from the State Government. The Council cannot do everything for them, they need to have somebody to represent them at the state level.

We should look inward, there is this claim by the Ojoras that the next elected chairman for the council should be from them the Ojoras; does the Ojoras have a capable candidate for the seat?

Of course, we have

Perhaps, you talk of Engr. Taju Ojora who just left as the Executive Secretary of the Council, if that is correct, some people say he is too old for the position of Council Chairman; what is your opinion?

Laugh.. Laugh, I don’t think he is too old for that position, if he is destined to be there, he will get there.

Alternatively, should we say the family has option B?

Leave that for our family. We have our own strategy

Agreed, you have a strategy, why was your family not talking in the past?

Because, we had agreement with Oluwa family that if they finished two terms of their tenure, it automatically becomes the turn of the Ojoras.

That is what happens in Ijora and Apapa, Ijora Oloye produced the past chairman of Council, now it is Apapa turn to produce the next chairman of Council.

And the Ijora Oloye people will not disturb the process?

Of course. The person presently in House of Assembly is from Ijora, so the Council chairman will come from Apapa. No cheating.

I appeal to political leaders of Ajeromi Ifelodun to think twice and do the needful.

As at when Rabiu Oluwa finished his tenure as Council Chairman, was the Ojora family ready to take over from him?

Yes of course. Everybody who ought to know, knew that Oluwa represented Ajeromi and became Chairman of the then Ojo Council. When Ajeromi Ifelodun was created, after Ajijola, Rabiu Oluwa became the chairman, Kamal took over from him, both from Oluwa land, we should not deceive ourselves and allow the Oluwas to overlord us in a Council whose Secretariat is on our (OJORA) land. We all know that political appointment is different from elective position.

Have you discussed this with APC Leaders?

We have sat down, and I told them the arrangement between Oluwas and Ojoras. This time no going back, we won’t take further cheating from the Oluwas.

Somebody said you really discussed it and you were advised to seek Ifelodun Council Chairmanship. How correct?

Yes, they said so but I asked if Ajegunle is not Ojoras land? Oluwas own Araromi, they can go seek for their own Local Government. They should go to Araromi and sort themselves out; and leave Ojora land.

Kabiyesi, why are you furious about this issue?

Because, they are cheating my family. I dislike cheating

That was why you fought for Iganmu land to a judicial conclusion?

Yes, I don’t know who will be the chairman, he may not be a free born of the Ojoras, it is just that I don’t like cheating so the person should come from Ojora land, not Oluwa land.

So, you are not being adamant that he or she must be from your family?

They may not like the faces of the Ojoras, that is their own problem, all I know is that it is the turn of someone from Ojora land. Oluwa land had done enough as provider of the Ajeromi Ifelodun Council Chairman.

But, the truth remains that it is left to our family to produce who we like for the Council Chairmanship.

But, in the past your people were accused of not playing serious part in politics; with that, how can your family get political opportunities?

What people didn’t know was that we respected our agreement, it was the turn of the Oluwas, so we didn’t want to get involved for fear of disturbing the arrangement. We want solidification of the arrangement so that our unborn generations will meet it like that.

We have children who would have contested against Rabiu Oluwa, and Kamal Bayewu. But we settled the issue during the reign of Late S.B. Ajasa Oluwa, Late Oba Okikiola, the then Alahun of Imore we all sat down to put the arrangement in place. So, it is not now that somebody will now say we should go to Ifelodun; if that is what they want, they should go to Araromi and establish their Local Government for the Oluwas.

Thank you very much Sir, what will His Royal Majesty expect from his subjects on the Ojora Day?

They should be peaceful and abide by the rules and regulations of the celebration.

What are the celebration rules and regulations?

We don’t want quarrel and fight.

Not too long a time we heard of security breach at Layinka street, did you step in to resolve it?

I never heard of it. The Area Commander knows me, if there was need for my attention he would have called me.

That is to say only issues above your Baales that get to you?

Yes, the Baales are to handle such issues, that is why they are there. Presently things are moving positively. Look at Aiyetoro, we have 2 Baales, nobody is complaining to me. Fakunle people don’t say Olola come to their area to disturb them; Olola too didn’t come to me to say Fakunle family is disturbing him. I thank God for that achievement.

You didn’t pass any message to your people through us since January. Never too late, what is the message for 2016?

Lets be our brothers’ keeper. Be honest with ourselves. Anything we do we should remember God, and stop cheating.

Is this strictly for Politicians?

No. The message is for all of us.

http://thecommonersnewspaper.com/2016/08/15/ojora-a-friendly-family-that-hates-cheating-oba-aromire/
Mods please let us give community politics a chance...

Re: OJORA, A Friendly Family That Hates Cheating – Oba Aromire by blazhykowskyi(m): 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2016
ftc

(1) (Reply)

Why I Am The 40th Oba Of Benin Not 39th - Oba Ewuare Ii / Check Out The Ethiopian Women Who Are Flogged In Order To Show Their Love / Margipedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.