Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? (3016 Views)

What You All Need Is Religious Tolerance / What Is Religious Extremism? Difference Between Moderate And Extreme. / My Collection Of Religious Memes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 17, 2016
Why is Africa performing poorly in the olympics, giving that we tend to be more religious and more God loving than every other continent?

Before I continue, I'll like to drop a little bit of statistics.

Since the games started, kenya is the african country with the highest gold medal. A total of three, followed closely behind by Ethiopia and South Africa with one each. And that's not all, out darling Nigeria, the most religious of the lot, hasn't even gotten a bronze medal, let alone silver or gold.

Now my argument is simple, since we pray to God a lot, and we are devoted to him, why hasn't God helped us perform better than the secular, non believing countries?

I have recently realized, that religion doesn't just inhibit critical thinking and intellectual development, it also limits our performance in many areas, because, instead of working hard to perform to the best of our physical and mental abilities, we would rather pray and hope that God does the "rest"

Religion has underdeveloped Africa. Religion has greatly affected our social, political and economical structures, negatively. Religion prohibits open mindedness and imagination. Religion restricts us from utilizing the full extent of our potentials. Our youths don't read books anymore, because they have been told that the bible is the only book they need to read. And even if they read any books, it's only religious books and academic books, which most cram to pass.

Religion stops us from thinking and questioning. How would we achieve strides in science and technology when we aren't allowed to think and question?

While all the foreign countries are moving forward, our dear religion is pulling us backward.

I really don't see the importance of religion. Some atheists are of the opinion that the only usefulness of religion is that it helps keep people in check, helps them live right. My answer to this is that if anyone needs to be forced into doing good and living peacefully with their fellow humans, by promising them heaven after they die, and warning them of hell if they do bad, then that person needs psychological evaluation.

For the thesists below bringing forth arguments in relation to this post, I think this well elaborates my point.

wirinet:

The OP asked a valid question. Why is religious Africa underperforming at the Olympics and indeed every other indice of human development. Instead of the theists to reflect on the questions, there are going on the attack and comparing us to other continents.
Religious Africa is underperforming generally because we waste so much time in unproductive activities, instead of developing ourselves, individually and collectively, couple with the fact that we lack ability long time planing and foresight. We want instant and huge gratification with little planing and work. This is exactly what our brand of religion offers and why people spend more time with religious affairs than with actual productive activities.
A typical religious Nigerian will spend an average of two hours everyday in prayers. The average Christian would attend mid week service on Wednesday, night vigil on Friday ( making Saturday morning useless), then probably fellowship, choir practice or other church activities for the rest of Saturday. Some attend cell meetings or fellowships during the working days. If you add up all the time an average Nigerian spends on religious activities, I am sure it is not less than 25% of his/her waking time.
Now let's interpolate this time wastage with others from other parts of the world.
Athletes from other spend less than 10% of their waking hours on religious affairs, those from Europe and Asia even spend less. So obviously they put in more physical effort at trainings than our African based athletes. Furthermore, other athletes starts training for the next Olympics immediately the present Olympics ends. We Africans generally start preparing for the next competition a few months to the games. How do we hope to compete.
This same over religiosity affect all facets of our lives. I was miffed while university that science and technology students who should be spending most of their waking hours at research and study, waste lots of time with religious activities. You expect these students to compete with others from other parts of the world or lead Nigeria's technological development?

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by braithwaite(m): 9:14am On Aug 17, 2016
[b]
Religious or Non Religious Africa still lack behind

>Religion we know has been the cancerous effect in africa..they tend to earn a gold medal in heaven than on earth..you give em copper, they say that's material of the world..smh

>Preparations: actually it takes special type of training to prepare for the Olympics,both physically & mentally. Apart from the competition goes to much higher level

>Poor organization...this is the crippling feature which the relevant ministry fail to tend to .At best they can start taking up sports in local park or form some organization to fund good players around and make them scale heights. This will provide motivation for a lot many to come forward and take up sports not just the total focus on football and basketball.. africa needs to localise different sports. To produce different sports in the Olympic .proper organization should spring up and localise different sports in different regions.africa hve the talents. Someone with great skills might not be able to go out improve further unless there are opportunities and resource .

>The right people.. this another factor which crippled the growing decline of sportmanship, wrong people at the right place..no right people at the right place.. various African nation ( government should )take it to make sports popular and accessible in regions with talent for the sport,not ingulding a wrestler in table-tennis or a Gardner in swimming..

>Welfare: we always surprised when seeing an African man/woman representing Azerbaijan instead of his /her motherland.. no we shouldn't be.. this country take good care of their athletes..it's otherwise in africa.. high time we consider the welfare of them as priorities

it's just doesn't end with the above mentioned characters..lots are them to mention but time doesn't permit..

[/b]
lalasticlala oya con do push up oo smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by FearGodAndLive: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2016
Africans are running the race for the ultimate medal - a place in heaven. No earthly treasure is greater than that. One day, Jesus the Slain will place a crown upon the head of every African, a crown that will shine forevermore.

Our focus is on spiritual things like gold streets in heaven and big, huge gigantic mansions. This earth is only ephemeral; don't be so carnal. Even Jesus warns against this.

Of what use will a gold medal be when Satan will be roasting your bum-bum in hell? Can Michale Phelps swim in the lake of fire?Can Usain Bolt run faster than God's judgement?

Olympics will come and go, but Jesus is forevermore.
Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by kevoh(m): 10:23am On Aug 17, 2016
I would not put all the blame on religion though! The financial support is just not there. The government does not just care. Have you also noticed that some African athletes who will manage to win any medal at all are either self-financed or participating under the name of a foreign nation.

Also, Africans participate/qualify to fewer events thereby reducing their chances of making any medal at all. You need to participate at 90% events like the USA with competitive athletes to increase your chances of getting at least one medal.
Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by winner01(m): 10:25am On Aug 17, 2016
GrizzlyBear, Religion is the problem of anything you can think about.

First ever Olympic gold for fiji team; They collectively give glory to God

Australian Drug addict to Rio 2016 shares how God changed his life.

Shaune Milled who won gold in 400m says he couldnt have done it without God

[url=www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2016/august/track-star-trayvon-bromell-without-god-i-wouldnt-be-able-to-run?cpid=:ID:-12885-:DT:-2016-08-15-11:41:18-:US:-JG1-:CN:-CP1-:PO:-GC1-:ME:-SU1-:SO:-FB1-:SP:-NW1-:PF:-TX1-]Track star Trayvon brommel says he wouldnt be able to run without God [/url]

[url=www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2016/august/olympian-smashes-michael-johnsons-record-gives-glory-to-god?cpid=socclub&adbsc=social_700club_daily64884386&adbid=10154352180076668&adbpl=fb&adbpr=6445306667]Olympian smashes Michael Johnson's record and says God did it.[/url]

[url=www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2016/august/u-s-track-and-fields-allyson-felix-says-god-is-at-the-heart-of-her-racing-in-the-rio-olympics?cpid=socclub&adbsc=social_700club_daily64814176&adbid=10154347376006668&adbpl=fb&adbpr=6445306667]Track and field star says God is at the heart of her racing in Rio[/url]

Olympian wins mens 400m, says Jesus did it

World record breaker respond to cheat taunts: My doping is Jesus

[url=www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2016/august/faith-and-family-fuel-simone-biles-meteoric-olympic-run-in-rio?cpid=socclub&adbsc=social_700club_daily64814086&adbid=10154344490991668&adbpl=fb&adbpr=6445306667]Gymnast gives glory to God[/url]

[url=www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2016/august/olympic-gold-simone-manuel-gives-all-glory-to-god?cpid=:ID:-12819-:DT:-2016-08-12-05:43:37-:US:-JG1-:CN:-CP1-:PO:-GC1-:ME:-SU1-:SO:-FB1-:SP:-NW1-:PF:-TX1-]Swimmer wins Gold, says God owns all the glory[/url]

[url=www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2016/august/olympic-vet-jenny-simpson-christ-is-the-most-amazing-constant?cpid=socclub&adbsc=social_700club_daily64781686&adbid=10154341603236668&adbpl=fb&adbpr=6445306667]Olympic vet: Christ is the most amazing constant[/url]

[url=www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2016/august/god-before-gold-rios-2016-olympians-and-their-faith?cpid=:ID:-12764-:DT:-2016-08-10-19:27:29-:US:-JG1-:CN:-CP1-:PO:-GC1-:ME:-SU1-:SO:-FB1-:SP:-NW1-:PF:-TX1-]And other olympians share their faith in Jesus[/url].

[url=m.christianpost.com/news/10-christian-team-usa-athletes-at-rio-olympics-2016-who-put-god-first-167556/?m=1]Rio 2016 Team U.S.A put God first[/url]

Olympians put God before gold.

I could flood this thread with more olympic stars.

But no, according to the atheist, you cant believe in God and be anything good, you cant succeed in anything.
Everyone who has won gold in the olympics are atheists.

When will Africa learn to take responsibility for their problems and not blame it on just anything.

Aheists here are a joke. Can you give us the statistics of the performance of atheists to christians talkless of muslims and others in the olympics.
Why must you guys just cling to anything for support, why cant you just talk about the benefits of atheism?

I understand you want to appeal to the ignorance of your brothers but at least do it with some sense.

The Nigerian whose picture is shown below is also a christian, but according to the atheists, the government which have refused to sponsor her is God. You people do not need to take advantage of every situation to proclaim your hatred for God, if you cant support our own, at least keep quiet.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by theoneJabulani(m): 10:31am On Aug 17, 2016
I'll be back
Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by hopefulLandlord: 10:55am On Aug 17, 2016
Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by winner01(m): 11:44am On Aug 17, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Now my argument is simple, since we pray to God a lot, and we are devoted to him, why hasn't God helped us perform better than the secular, non believing countries?
Just which countries are these non-believing countries who have performed better?

GrizzlyBear:

I have recently realized, that religion doesn't just inhibit critical thinking and intellectual development, it also limits our performance in many areas, because, instead of working hard to perform to the best of our physical and mental abilities, we would rather pray and hope that God does the "rest"
Yeah, you know we all stay in our homes and expect food to appear on our tables as commanded in the book of atheism chapter foolishness verse desperation undecided

GrizzlyBear:

Religion has underdeveloped Africa. Religion has greatly affected our social, political and economical structures, negatively. Religion prohibits open mindedness and imagination. Religion restricts us from utilizing the full extent of our potentials. Our youths don't read books anymore, because they have been told that the bible is the only book they need to read. And even if they read any books, it's only religious books and academic books, which most cram to pass.

Who told them the Bible is the only Book they must read? Give the names of these people.
Why are you guys so desperate.

GrizzlyBear:

Religion stops us from thinking and questioning. How would we achieve strides in science and technology when we aren't allowed to think and question?
Those intelligent individuals who founded the areas of science you all cling to for relevance were also not thinking. Those who made the discoveries and inventions that got us where we are today were also not thinking.
You know what I think, I think you guys have norhing to offer but to repeat arguments heard from atheist high priests.

GrizzlyBear:

No atheism stops you from thinking, cos obviously you aren't. Historical illiteracy is something common to most atheists. Which strides in science and technology are you talking about

GrizzlyBear:

While all the foreign countries are moving forward, our dear religion is pulling us backward.
Y'all have been saying this since forever. Which foreign countries are moving forward because of atheism?

GrizzlyBear:

I really don't see the importance of religion. Some atheists are of the opinion that the only usefulness of religion is that it helps keep people in check, helps them live right. My answer to this is that if anyone needs to be forced into doing good and living peacefully with their fellow humans, by promising them heaven after they die, and warning them of hell if they do bad, then that person needs psychological evaluation.
You have refused to define what you mean by good and why people should listen to your opinion. If the universe does not care what we do or dont do, then how can you possibly tell another person what to use his life for. I think you need psychological evaluation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by plaetton: 11:55am On Aug 17, 2016
FearGodAndLive:
Africans are running the race for the ultimate medal - a place in heaven. No earthly treasure is greater than that. One day, Jesus the Slain will place a crown upon the head of every African, a crown that will shine forevermore.

Our focus is on spiritual things like gold streets in heaven and big, huge gigantic mansions. This earth is only ephemeral; don't be so carnal. Even Jesus warns against this.

Of what use will a gold medal be when Satan will be roasting your bum-bum in hell? Can Michale Phelps swim in the lake of fire?Can Using Bolt run faster than God's judgement?

Olympics will come and go, but Jesus is forevermore.

Very very true.

Excellent description of the African worldview.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2016
Religious Usain Bolt is making us proud grin

On a serious note , these bible verses delineate your misconceptions about Faith .

James 2:14-20
14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food,

16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!

20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by plaetton: 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
Please read the op very well.
The op is not suggesting that religion is the direct cause of our underperformance at the Olympics.
No.
Rather, he is asking, as we atheists usually do, why does our over-religiosity, our supposed closeness to divine powers and miracles always fail to show its pre-eminence in major facets of our personal national lives?

Why are we last in economic management, ethics, peace and harmony, science and technology, health and longevity, even the commonest luxury of 24 hr electricity?

Is religion( our existential worldview) a factor in our collective FAILURE as a people?
That is the simple , but critical question.

We atheists already know the answer.

We just like to remind the rest of you once in a while.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by kilo4sure: 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
So religion is now the cause of our olympic woes as well? Interesting!
BTW, how many atheists are winning gold medals in the Olympics?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Religion prohibits open mindedness and imagination. Religion restricts us from utilizing the full extent of our potentials. Our youths don't read books anymore, because they have been told that the bible is the only book they need to read. And even if they read any books, it's only religious books and academic books, which most cram to pass.

Religion does this , religion does that . Yet the religious are more accomplished in every area of education and learning .

Atheists, agnostic, freethinkers or otherwise nonreligious COMBINED are only 10.5 percent of the nobel laureates for over 100 years while the religious people who you mock and excoriate are 89.5 percent of the nobel laureates within the same period of time

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by winner01(m): 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2016
The cant simply "lack a belief". Do this people even know what it means to "lack a belief"? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by winner01(m): 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2016
kilo4sure:
An atheist will look for the slightest reason to blame God for anything wrong in his environment. The desperation is real.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by kilo4sure: 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
plaetton:
Please read the op very well.
The op is not suggesting that religion is the direct cause of our underperformance at the Olympics.
No.
Rather, he is asking, as we atheists usually do, why does our over-religiosity, our supposed closeness to divine powers and miracles always fail to show its pre-eminence in major facets of our personal national lives?

Why are we last in economic management, ethics, peace and harmony, science and technology, health and longevity, even the commonest luxury of 24 hr electricity?

Is religion a factor in our collective FAILURE as a people?

So you are saying without religion Nigeria would have 24hr electricity and no longer have such problems?? Like seriously??
This is perhaps the worst atheist thread l have seen on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by DeSepiero(m): 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
Religiosity is one of many other factors of success.
Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by plaetton: 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
kevoh:
I would not put all the blame on religion though! The financial support is just not there. The government does not just care. Have you also noticed that some African athletes who will manage to win any medal at all are either self-financed or participating under the name of a foreign nation.

Also, Africans participate/qualify to fewer events thereby reducing their chances of making any medal at all. You need to participate at 90% events like the USA with competitive athletes to increase your chances of getting at least one medal.

The op was just using the ongoing Olympics to once again question our magicol thinking patterns.

Nigerians are beholden to magical thinking.
It's so easy for charlatans like Mbaka, Adeboye, T.b clown Joshua, etc to hawk magical thinking in churches, in schools and sports arenas as a substitute for rational thinking, creative imagination and self-determination.

As a person thinketh, so he or she lives. Same for individuals, same for Nations, especially nations.

When a Nation suffused with magical thinking comes in open competition with other nations not so encumbered, we see and witness the obvious truth; Man Is The Master Of His Destiny, For Good Or For Bad, Not The Machinations Of Gods Above or Below.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by winner01(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
kilo4sure:
All the Gold winners are atheists you deluded and close minded human being angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by Uyi168: 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
As far as nigeria is concern,its a case of when u fail to prepare,u prepare to fail...
Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by winner01(m): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
plaetton:

Is religion a factor in our collective FAILURE as a people?

The best in ecomomic development, peace and harmony, science and tech. etc, are they atheist countries?

Religious countries which prospered rapidly, was religion an influencing factor?

You people are anything but reasonable.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
HOW MANY ATHEISTS HAVE WON GOLD MEDALS grin grin grin

lwtmb !!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by kilo4sure: 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
plaetton:

The op was just using the ongoing Olympics to once again question or magical thinking patterns.

Niger are beholden to magical thinking.
It's so easy for charlatans like Mbaka, Adeboye, T.b clown Joshua, etc to hawk magic in churches, in schools and sports arenas as a substitute for rational thinking, creative imagination and self-determination.

As a person thinketh, so he or she lives. Same for individuals, same for Nations, especially nations.

When a Nation suffused magical thinking comes in open competition with other nations not so encumbered, we see and witness the obvious truth; Man is the Master Is The Master Of His Destiny, For Good Or For Bad, Not The Machinations Of Gods Above or Below.
USA has been winning Olympic gold medals for a long time, is it that they have never had this magical thinking? Let's take football for instance, Brazil is a highly religious country of about 90percent Christians, ain't they usually successful when they come against other nations in football.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by FearGodAndLive: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
plaetton:

The op was just using the ongoing Olympics to once again question or magical thinking patterns.
Niger are beholden to magical thinking.
It's so easy for charlatans like Mbaka, Adeboye, T.b clown Joshua, etc to hawk magic in churches, in schools and sports arenas as a substitute for rational thinking, creative imagination and self-determination.
When a Nation suffused magical thinking comes in open competition with other nations not so encumbered, we see and witness the obvious truth; Man is the Master Is The Master Of His Destiny, For Good Or For Bad, Not The Machinations Of Gods Above or Below.
Of course, many would miss the point of the OP. If we only spent half the attention we spend on religion on other relevant activities, we would be much better for it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by FearGodAndLive: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
kilo4sure:

USA has been winning Olympic gold medals for a long time, is it that they have never had this magical thinking? Let's take football for instance, Brazil is a highly religious country of about 90percent Christians, ain't they usually successful when they come against other nations in football.
So religion produces medals? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by kilo4sure: 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2016
FearGodAndLive:

So religion produces medals? undecided
I should ask you
Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by plaetton: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
kilo4sure:

So you are saying without religion Nigeria would have 24hr electricity and no longer have such problems?? Like seriously??
This is perhaps the worst atheist thread l have seen on Nairaland.

You woefully fail to comprehend the simple point.

The way we view and define reality and our place in it, determines how we embrace it and co-mingle in it and with it.
If our minds are sufficiently suffused with stone age garbage, as it presently is, then we are like Dinosaurs in a modern Ecosystem.
We simply can't cope.
We fail in making sense of the most simple things.

Nigerians are the most science averse people I meet in my life, even though they like to enjoy the fruits of science more than most.

We spend 10x more time stuffing stone age religious nonsense in the brains our children than in teaching them basic scientific principles.
So, it doesn't surprise anyone that we contribute least to scientific achievement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by FearGodAndLive: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
Btw, religion in Nigeria shouldn't be compared to religion elsewhere. Nigerian Christianity especially, is an aberration and a scam. Nigerian Christianity is firmly planted on loud ignorance and false pride. It's unfortunate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2016
plaetton:

You woefully fail to comprehend the simple point.

The way we view and define reality and our place in it, determines how we embrace it and co-mingle in it and with it.
If our minds are sufficiently suffused with stone age garbage, as it presently is, then we are like Dinosaurs in a modern Ecosystem.
We simply can't cope.
We fail in making sense of the most simple things.

Nigerians are the most science averse people I meet in my life, even though they like to enjoy the fruits of science more than most.

We spend 10x more time stuffing stone age religious nonsense in the brains our children than in teaching them basic scientific principles.
So, it doesn't surprise anyone that we contribute least to scientific achievement.

How many atheists have contributed to scientific achievements Insignificant when compared to the exploits of the religious people . The religious people started with science and we are still more accomplished in science .

1 Like

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by winner01(m): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
plaetton:

Why not let the oP speak for himself.

KingEbukasBlog:
HOW MANY ATHEISTS HAVE WON GOLD MEDALS grin grin grin
lwtmb !!!!
kilo4sure:

What is wrong with you people? Atheism is the only guarantee of gold medals you non-freethinkers.

The other day, se.un and some atheists were advocating for planned parenthood and abortion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by winner01(m): 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
plaetton:

Once you are atheist, you become automatically scientifically literate and only have the knowledge to teach your kids. Religious kids are all deluded.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Religious Africa Underperforming In Olympics? by kilo4sure: 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
winner01:
Why not let the oP speak for himself.

What is wrong with you people? Atheism is the only guarantee of gold medals you non-freethinkers.

The other day, se.un and some atheists were advocating for planned parenthood and abortion.
Lol, if they can blame religion for even Nepa light, l'm sure they also blamed religion for Buhari's ear problem.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet D. A. Samuel Of Christ Worshippers Church, Warri Dead / Jesus Is Coming Back / Open Minded Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.