Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,425 members, 7,781,240 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:09 AM

What Did I Ever Do To Senior Kelvin - Excerpt From 'my Police School Experience' - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Did I Ever Do To Senior Kelvin - Excerpt From 'my Police School Experience' (672 Views)

Can I Ever Live Like A Normal Humanbeing Again(beware Of The Evil)must Read!! / The Chase: A Military Crime Thriller (A Hunt Series Book 2) Excerpt / Jacob Goes To Church. An Excerpt From My Upcoming Book Titled "The Chukwuma's". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did I Ever Do To Senior Kelvin - Excerpt From 'my Police School Experience' by oluwadanie1(m): 10:37am On Aug 17, 2016
It was a very peaceful Friday afternoon, Muslims had just finished their juma'at prayers and christian students, their fellowship. The peaceful atmosphere was however disrupted by the loud sound of the bell sitting under a tree beside Commissioner B Hostel and sudden chants and screams of 'squale', 'junior boys, run for your life', 'a junior squat' filled the air.

I then realised that it was time for fatigue.

Every Friday afternoon, all students in the school came out for fatigue to clean the school environment. We would pick dirts round the school compound, sweep roads, clear gutters, wash toilets, cut grasses and so on. It topped rankings as one of the most hated days in the school. While most people thanked God its Friday (TGIF), we always wished Friday would never come.

The most annoying part of it was that the whole process was always supervised by S.S 3 students, wicked S.S 3 students who derived joy from watching people do hard labour. If I had the power to change destinies, I would have made sure they became prison warders so they'll have to watch prisoners work hard labour all their life. On a lighter mode, I would promote them after they must have done that for like 20years. You should know I am a very nice person.

As the bell rang continuously, there was commotion in the school premises as students began to run to the school field to assemble for fatigue. It beats me to imagine how we all ran so fast just to go and do labour. I guess we had no choice.

In my early days as a newcomer, I was exempted from doing fatigue but right now, no one saw me as a newcomer anymore as I now worked even harder than the 'old comers'. I now put on the normal school uniform like the old student I was. I sincerely wished I could go back to being a newcomer so a lot of things could happen again like Mariam crushing on me. I was determined that if this happened again, I wouldn't dare dull myself like I did earlier.

After assembling, and a few shouts of 'junior boys' coupled with the loud reply of 'yes senior', we were allocated various portions to take care of, though not before we were given three strokes of the lineyard each for not shouting 'yes senior' very loud. Just Imagine.

That particular day wasn't too lucky for me as I and four others were instructed to wash the popular P.T.A Toilets near the class area. If I had a bottle of water at that moment, and the labour prefect, Senior Kelvin who gave me the instruction was on fire, I would have drank the water.

This toilet was the most popular in the school. It was very popular for the wrong reason. It was never clean except on Fridays when unlucky people like me were asked to wash it 'thoroughly' and in less than two hours after washing, it goes back to its default mode.

Sometimes i wondered what the use of washing it is. People defecated and urinated carelessly and recklessly in it. Even the female section was not left out. One would begin to wonder if the students hated the Parents Teachers Association (P.T.A) so much that they treated its namesake-toilet with so much disdain.

Anyway, I had to do my fatigue hoping that the next Friday would be luckier than this. With anger and disgust on our faces, coupled with the curses under our breath, five of us washed the toilets and ran off faster than injured rats.

It has been six(6) years now and I am still wondering what I ever did to Senior Kelvin to warrant such show of shear wickedness.

Please note that this is an excerpt from a book I am currently working on, 'My Police School Experience'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did I Ever Do To Senior Kelvin - Excerpt From 'my Police School Experience' by oluwadanie1(m): 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
no one has any comment?
Re: What Did I Ever Do To Senior Kelvin - Excerpt From 'my Police School Experience' by bibijay123(f): 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
Following
Re: What Did I Ever Do To Senior Kelvin - Excerpt From 'my Police School Experience' by bravehost4u(m): 6:15am On Aug 19, 2016
Fire down

(1) (Reply)

My Experience As A Welder (complete Story) / Stephanie And Stephan; #beyond The Wedding Day Episode 4 / "UNTOUCHED" Chapter 1&2 By Adeola Macaulay. Best Literature Of The Month!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.