Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? (25174 Views)

Lady Sacked For Refusing To Say Good Morning To Her Co-Worker / My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / Chinese Company In Ogun Compensates Worker Crippled By His Boss’ Kung-fu Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Lexusgs430: 7:08am On Aug 19, 2016
HAH:
Hello

I have almost completed the construction of my bakery, I want to have an idea how much are the staff paid? Should I make it commission based or salary based? I want to give them a competitive pay.

Thank you

Look for people in your line of trade and seek advice on how they run operations and logistics.
You started a business construction without wage structure in mind?
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by iaminspired: 7:15am On Aug 19, 2016
Biz z all about maximising resources, minimizing cost, getting profit,

So pay them in proportion to the profit made per week
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by iaminspired: 7:16am On Aug 19, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Look for people in your line of trade and seek advice on how they run operations and logistics.

I wonder ooo

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by MrHenshaw: 7:18am On Aug 19, 2016
nuesmann:
I SELL BREAD FLOUR IN KADUNA.
I Ok,i think been specific would have been better than asking direct.l suggest u start by advising him especially on your experience so far.By that u create a relationship,if he doesn't buy at start from u,he will not long from now.

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Lexusgs430: 7:19am On Aug 19, 2016
iaminspired:

I wonder ooo

I thought part of the feasibility study encompasses wage structures and staffing issues?
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by brightdike: 7:22am On Aug 19, 2016
please where in kaduna? secondly ingredients matters a lot base on the location and patronage contact me for more details
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by PaulIdu: 7:39am On Aug 19, 2016
fullman:
Hello op ...its simple. You have to employ bakery assistant they get the lowest around 20- 35 depending on your bakery capacity. Their job is to wash pans , slice bread and every other job except for mixing and baking. A mixer you pay around 25-40 and a baker around 30-45. But you must be sure you employ a mixer and baker with expertise.
Hope this help.

Vhow can baker collect 45k and the guy that washes pans will collect 35k
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by iaminspired: 7:42am On Aug 19, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I thought part of the feasibility study encompasses wage structures and staffing issues?

Exactly. If I to ask him how many workers does he aim to employ. Will he give me a vivid answer?

What about contingency plan
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 19, 2016
itzsniper:
hian...... so na until after one month u go knw he much dem go pay you if dem employ u bah

There must be an agreement... No one will force you to work.

Mind you, it's a start and the most important thing here is how to market the bread and attract wholesalers nd retailers.
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Lexusgs430: 8:01am On Aug 19, 2016
iaminspired:

Exactly. If I to ask him how many workers does he aim to employ. Will he give me a vivid answer?

What about contingency plan

You simply wonder why businesses fall at 1st hurdle. Or are we old school and having an old school of thought?
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by elhendro88: 8:07am On Aug 19, 2016
first of all it all depends on the number of bags you want to produce daily, what you pay your baker is different from what u will pay your mixer/operator, table boys and pan cleaners. their salaries varies from their work stations
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 19, 2016
My guardian currently have bakery in 4 different states in Nigeria and this is how he used to do it:

He firstly ensured that all his pan are coated, so no need to do much cleaning everyday or employed people for cleaning.

He pays weekly and there is hierarchy for his workers in this sequence

The baker that handles that stick collects between 1500-2000# daily

Their assistants 1200-1500#

And the apprentice 1000-1200#

Ur wages per week depends on the number of number of works you do for that week.

And it is usually 2 bags of flour per individual.

If 8 people are working, that's 16 bags for that shift.

There are many workers there, so not all them work on daily basis.

You can ask me more about what you need to know.

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by starkid7k(m): 8:17am On Aug 19, 2016
HAH:

Thank you very much, the bakery is in kaduna, am going to buy two buses for distribution, I will very happy if you will guide me on somethings I may find difficulty in as a new entrant,

I have just received my trademark acceptance next is nafdac but everything is ready apart from the buses and ingredients.
where in Kaduna is d bakery located??
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by iaminspired: 8:28am On Aug 19, 2016
Lexusgs430:

You simply wonder why businesses fall at 1st hurdle. Or are we old school and having an old school of thought?

A man who wants to build a house should first sit down n count the cost before embarking on the journey

No wonder SME don't last because people lack vision, targets and goals.

Does he even have a long term goal.
With bread baking, what other biz does he even have. With bread he can start a fast food restaurant Like bread n tea with egg for busy biz men.

African are just too short sighted

King of baking a Korean film taught me something about bread. If you don't love it you cant make it there .

Help me ask him
What/who are his target market.?

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by zoogy2007: 8:42am On Aug 19, 2016
You apparently built a bakery without a business plan shocked. Na Wah!!!
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by HAH: 8:50am On Aug 19, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Am an investor, and certainly have a wage structure in mind and have also consulted others in the business, am asking to have a fair understanding the average pay because I want to pay my workers above average to have the best from them
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Lexusgs430: 8:51am On Aug 19, 2016
iaminspired:

A man who wants to build a house should first sit down n count the cost before embarking on the journey

No wonder SME don't last because people lack vision, targets and goals.

Does he even have a long term goal.
With bread baking, what other biz does he even have. With bread he can start a fast food restaurant Like bread n tea with egg for busy biz men.

African are just too short sighted

King of baking a Korean film taught me something about bread. If you don't love it you cant make it there .

Help me ask him
What/who are his target market.?

I hope he understands the bakery/baking environment or a baker.
Let's hope this thread would accord him criticism's, options and advice(s),that would assist and guide his business decision(s).
I wish him luck in his business venture. One thing for sure is, loads of bakeries already exists in Kaduna. I
graduated from Kaduna Polytechnic, many moons ago.

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by calberian: 8:52am On Aug 19, 2016
The last poster should read through the posts from the top.

In any case, it's become apparent that I need two sales men/women to assist in bread supply in Lagos. Interested person should

1. Have experience in any fmcg retailing.

2. SSCE with credits in English and Mathematics.

3. Fluency in English (Yoruba, though not compulsory, will be an advantage).

4. More than two years driving experience with valid drivers licence.

5. Send application letter to basseynigeria@gmail.com
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by HAH: 8:54am On Aug 19, 2016
Neyoor:
My guardian currently have bakery in 4 different states in Nigeria and this is how he used to do it:

He firstly ensured that all his pan are coated, so no need to do much cleaning everyday or employed people for cleaning.

He pays weekly and there is hierarchy for his workers in this sequence

The baker that handles that stick collects between 1500-2000# daily

Their assistants 1200-1500#

And the apprentice 1000-1200#

Ur wages per week depends on the number of number of works you do for that week.

And it is usually 2 bags of flour per individual.

If 8 people are working, that's 16 bags for that shift.

There are many workers there, so not all them work on daily basis.

You can ask me more about what you need to know.

Thank you very much, for this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by adwem2003(m): 8:54am On Aug 19, 2016
Ask Jumoke Orisaguna
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by HAH: 8:58am On Aug 19, 2016
steffans:
Nice...

But u could have asked about dis be starting the project...

There are lots of bakeries in Kaduna..

I think u should concentrate more on making ur products better than that of other bakeries...

Ask around and u will get what u are looking for...

Bcuz the answer to ur question... Boils down location!

Goodluck!

Thanks for the advice
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by HAH: 9:05am On Aug 19, 2016
fullman:
Hello op ...its simple. You have to employ bakery assistant they get the lowest around 20- 35 depending on your bakery capacity. Their job is to wash pans , slice bread and every other job except for mixing and baking. A mixer you pay around 25-40 and a baker around 30-45. But you must be sure you employ a mixer and baker with expertise.
Hope this help.

Thank you very much, have already interviewed experienced mixer and baker, infact the mixer is my production manager, we started everything together, I want pay above my competitors cos I want the best and I have given myself a one year profit moratorium all that will matter to me is market penetration in the beginning

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by ceejay80s(m): 9:08am On Aug 19, 2016
jaelz:
In Lagos here around iyana-ipaja a friend of mine was collecting 120k as the supervisor in the bakery not manager o

Haba , na oil company?
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Dething: 9:08am On Aug 19, 2016
70k for supervisor(Experienced)
50k for bakers/mixer(Experienced)
40k for molders
40k for Drivers
35k for Cup/pan cleaners
30k for sweepers/security.
20k (basic and the rest will be on commission upon sales) for sales guys

Its a new place and you need to be sure your production will be able to pay these guys.

Good Luck!
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by HAH: 9:09am On Aug 19, 2016
zoogy2007:
You apparently built a bakery without a business plan shocked. Na Wah!!!

No I have business plan but what am doing here is a survey.
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by udysweet(f): 9:11am On Aug 19, 2016
@neoapocalypse,yo get in here!
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 9:45am On Aug 19, 2016
Empredboy:
My bro, don't be deceived bakers (those who bake the bread) don't receive salaries but but they charge per bag. Here i pay #800 per bag. So if you produce 3 bags, its times #800.
For you not to be cheated, you must know the quantity of loaves a bag produces, you must have idea of bread making or else you will find it difficult to cope in that business.
Ask any question about the business.
Hello sir,how many pieces of 100bread can a bag make and how can one go about the production per bag,I mean how many pieces per each amount of bread
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Lexusgs430: 9:49am On Aug 19, 2016
HAH:

Am an investor, and certainly have a wage structure in mind and have also consulted others in the business, am asking to have a fair understanding the average pay because I want to pay my workers above average to have the best from them

Investor aka shareholder, trying to protect his business interests?
The perception of paying above average, is a misnomer. Workers/employees are very unique in attitude to work, once comfortable and understand the ropes, ethical employee / investor / employer relationships, is not often regarded.
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by ohmeighzah: 10:06am On Aug 19, 2016
HAH:
Hello

I have almost completed the construction of my bakery, I want to have an idea how much are the staff paid? Should I make it commission based or salary based? I want to give them a competitive pay.

Thank you

I don't really have any idea about it... But I will like to have a job with your new bakery! I'm a Uniben Chemistry graduate now serving in Enugu State!
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by HAH: 10:29am On Aug 19, 2016
ohmeighzah:

I don't really have any idea about it... But I will like to have a job with your new bakery! I'm a Uniben Chemistry graduate now serving in Enugu State!

How I wish I will help you, cos for now I want experienced people in the business however I pray you have a very good job and one day also be an employer. Certainly in the near future if the business flourish I will look for aspiring young men like you to mentor so that they can be on theirself in this harsh economic environment
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by TUBLEZ(m): 10:48am On Aug 19, 2016
Here to learn planning to open a mini bakery fast shop soon
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Omonigeriarere: 11:08am On Aug 19, 2016
Empredboy:
My bro, don't be deceived bakers (those who bake the bread) don't receive salaries but but they charge per bag. Here i pay #800 per bag. So if you produce 3 bags, its times #800.
For you not to be cheated, you must know the quantity of loaves a bag produces, you must have idea of bread making or else you will find it difficult to cope in that business.
Ask any question about the business.

I have bought two plots of land in Oyo State, Ogbomosho to be precise. Recently, the idea of bakery comes to my mind: can you please expatiate about the start up and capital requirement? I have no idea about the business at all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Salary Of A British Council Exam Invigilator? / Meet Ekene Obayi, Herdswoman From Enugu Who Is A Graduate Of UNN (Video) / TSA: We Could’ve Sacked Bank Ceos, Says CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.