Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details (42648 Views)

Canada Begins Compulsory Fingerprint For Nigerian Visa Applicants / Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants / 25-yr-old Corps Member Arrested For Swindling Visa Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by Audu123(m): 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2009
Hi all

Can high commisions/embassies call get information about visa applicants' and sponsors' bank details directly from the bank. I thought it was personal information and the banks can only release such information with the permision of the account holder.

If anyone nows anything about this I will appreciate their feedback. Thanks.
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by adedayoone: 7:13am On Sep 28, 2009
Even though details of your bank account are personal , the bank is obliged to provide the information to GOVT,EMBASSIES ,EFCC , so yes if the embassy calls the bank for ur a/c balance , the bank wld provide them with it.

3 Likes

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by kayplus24(m): 10:53pm On Sep 30, 2009
adedayoone:

Even though details of your bank account are personal , the bank is obliged to provide the information to GOVT,EMBASSIES ,EFCC , so yes if the embassy calls the bank for your a/c balance , the bank wld provide them with it.

Are you sure about that? I know they are obliged to provide the information to the government and its security establishment, but are they "Required" to supply said information to foreign embassies even without the applicant signing a disclosure agreement?
I know it doesn't work like that abroad, so why would we grant them that privilege?

1 Like

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by gbabe1: 11:30am On Oct 01, 2009
I applied for student UK Visa. They called my sponsor big time!!

So dont dull yourself n go there with some fake statei
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by beninman1(m): 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2009
When you signed your visa application form, you gave them right to contact any third party they deem necessary in order to process your application.
Yes, the banks are very co-operative and always respond to all requests

13 Likes

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by Davedavy: 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2009
benin-man:

When you signed your visa application form, you gave them right to contact any third party they deem necessary in order to process your application.
Yes, the banks are very co-operative and always respond to all requests

abi oo.by signing that form you have given them the right to verify any documents you are submitting alongside your visa application form,they can call your employer,your school,your bank,your sponsor or relative abroad you are planning to visit.its better for you to use only authentic documents cause if you are caught,you will be banned for a long time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by Dubino(m): 7:12pm On Oct 03, 2009
Hey Mr. Audu123, let me ship in my 2 cents. I'll tell you the truth even though you may not like it.
Embassies , High commisions or Consulates whatever any country calls theirs. They can go as far as it takes to verify informations visa applicants sent them,even to your bank,school,place of work etc. This depends on what they suspect about your application,they can then verify 1, 2 or all the informations.  However,if they're unable to verify any one ,some embassies 'll contact you and tell you to advice e.g your bank to let them do so. At this time you've the right to let your bank allow them or not. However this 'll delay your application and if they still can't verify it,they would disqualify your application. And based on all the OLUWALE that's going on in Nigeria,most embassy now verifys at least the applicants account.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by GEW: 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2009
Dubino:

Hey Mr. Audu123, let me ship in my 2 cents. I'll tell you the truth even though you may not like it.
Embassies , High commisions or Consulates whatever any country calls theirs. They can go as far as it takes to verify informations visa applicants sent them,even to your bank,school,place of work etc. This depends on what they suspect about your application,they can then verify 1, 2 or all the informations.  However,if they're unable to verify any one ,some embassies 'll contact you and tell you to advice e.g your bank to let them do so. At this time you've the right to let your bank allow them or not. However this 'll delay your application and if they still can't verify it,they would disqualify your application. And based on all the AKPURUKA that's going on in Nigeria,most embassy now verifys at least the applicants account.
very correct
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by miz4oxley(m): 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2009
Hey banks confirm man ,My UK appeal which was allowed was re-refused cos they call my sponsor and he bleeped man it was refused, Its painful man.

1 Like

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by OAM4J: 2:21am On Oct 04, 2009
@Poster
Better don’t give fake bank account to them. If they suspect the account for any form of irregularity, they will call big time. Your visa processes will not move forward until they get the bank response.
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by kshow1(m): 12:53pm On Oct 05, 2009
They confirm all documents they suspect cos they know OLUWOLE papers are flying everywhere grin grin grin
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by mevisbleek: 11:14pm On Oct 05, 2009
@eveyone i ve worked in a bank before, yes embassy calls d bank quite alright, they only ask if the accout is domicile in a particular branch, ask for the account number and account holder and also ask when the account was opened, noting like hw much is in d account, it is not possible to tell the embasy hw much a customer has in his account, it is never done, it is against the law and ethics of banking, meanwhile they call d head office to verify all this.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by olamez: 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2010
cool
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by tdayof(m): 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
kshow1:
They confirm all documents they suspect cos they know OLUWOLE papers are flying everywhere grin grin grin
who is oluwole?
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by itstpia8: 3:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
kshow1:

Na today?

Oluwole doesn't prevent anyone from getting visa
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by tdayof(m): 3:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
itstpia8:

Na today?

Oluwole doesn't prevent anyone from getting visa
who is oluwole?
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by itstpia8: 8:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
Oluwole is a certain type of service.

2 Likes

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by ElijahFobs: 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
tdayof:
who is oluwole?

oluwole is the nigeria ambassador to fakedocnistan

12 Likes

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by max1981(m): 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
HELP PLEASE!!! Am about to send my student visa application to canada but am comfused because i dont know all the document to provide. Including the forms. Can someone help? Thanks
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by EcashPlanet(f): 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
max1981:
HELP PLEASE!!! Am about to send my student visa application to canada but am comfused because i dont know all the document to provide. Including the forms. Can someone help? Thanks

Follow this thread
color=#000099][/color]https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7
Read through from beginning to the end. It might be stressful, but it'll give you all the answers you need about a Canadian study permit.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by Raahym(m): 12:32pm On Mar 12, 2015
HI mevisbleek.

Please re-confirm the below, did you say the banks do not release any other information relating to anyones account apart from the names, account number, domiciled branch? cos recent argument and people around the world believes the banks do release more than these informations and they even go as far as releasing the balances and transactions. They even said the embassies fax through the copy provided by the applicant to bank for comparison and when they do the banks respond through the same means. Please help do further checks on this.

mevisbleek:
@eveyone i ve worked in a bank before, yes embassy calls d bank quite alright, they only ask if the accout is domicile in a particular branch, ask for the account number and account holder and also ask when the account was opened, noting like hw much is in d account, it is not possible to tell the embasy hw much a customer has in his account, it is never done, it is against the law and ethics of banking, meanwhile they call d head office to verify all this.
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by FemiFaniKayode: 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2015
mevisbleek:

you funny ooooo how can they ask for account number again when there is a statement showing the account number?

you sabi wetin u dey talk?
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by uzhi(m): 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
Embassies used to send scan copy to banks sometimes, but not all. And I don't think banks disclose ones balance.
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by Nobody: 1:30am On Mar 14, 2015
Raahym:
HI mevisbleek.

Please re-confirm the below, did you say the banks do not release any other information relating to anyones account apart from the names, account number, domiciled branch? cos recent argument and people around the world believes the banks do release more than these informations and they even go as far as releasing the balances and transactions. They even said the embassies fax through the copy provided by the applicant to bank for comparison and when they do the banks respond through the same means. Please help do further checks on this.

I have worked in banks both UK and Nigeria. I worked in regulatory risk too. Your last paragraph is correct. They detect fraudulent accounts statements via comparison and regulatory risk is not violated through comparison.

3 Likes

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by uzhi(m): 7:27am On Mar 14, 2015
@ saxy and others, does banks outside Nigeria also do dsame. I mean like one using a Nigeria bank statement to apply for a visa in like India or Egypt, would they also fax to Nigeria ?
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by worry357: 1:30pm On Aug 01, 2015
The people asking these questions sound worried. shocked shocked
It already sounds like the bank accounts do not match with statements on the application.

Be absolutly sure, visa centres WILL check that your statement matches what is in the bank.
They have may ways of getting this information so don't try fraud.

Also be sure if they can not get information on someones bank account for any reason, that alone will be reason for a rejection.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by iblaw: 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
Present a fake bank statement for UK visa application and lets see if you will get visa. Bank statement is number one check for Uk visa. Take your time and run your account properly NEVER use fake statement otherwise they will either give you 10 years ban or trick you to come for interview and arrest you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by reachdayo: 1:31am On Jan 26, 2016
Its fyunny that they supposedly do this checks. I was refused a UK visa in 2007 because my dad was said to have provided a fake account statement from zenith. An account he had owned for years. An account he used to send us to school. it was ridiculous and an insult. ofcourse we got a letter from the bank saying the account wasnt fake and that was the last we heard of the matter. Crazy !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by erniewhez(m): 5:14am On Jan 27, 2016
Some years back, I did apply for UK visa with genuine zenith savings bank statement. I used savings because that's the account I run most to avoid cot cos huge sums are being transacted on my account as I was into production. But UK refused me on ground of "anomalities and inconsistence in my account" only God knows what they were insinuating, they gave me appeal though but I didn't get d appeal form from d package returned, I was inexperienced and d support expert I was reffered to duped me saying his office was robbed and my deposit which was 90% was stolen being a brother to my office landlord I cldnt take legal measure so I lost d appeal.
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by Tanya476(f): 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hi guys, i think its all luck, and depends on the person going through your account.
i believe they dont verify all the time.

2 Likes

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by olufiz89: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
Hey guys, my question is about the way they about verifying you details with other embassies. Like if you applying to canada embassy now and you've previously applied to US embassy. Will Canada check with the US embassy your personal details like marriage status, spouse name, education level and others. Your response is highly sought. Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Ilorin-jebba-mokwa Road Completed By Pmb / Loaded Passenger Bus Plunges Into Canal In Oworonshoki, Lagos / Before And After Pictures Of Some Aba Roads Constructed By Alex Otti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.