Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

4 Things You Should Do When Going To The Cinema Alone - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 4 Things You Should Do When Going To The Cinema Alone (1142 Views)

Man Enters Cinema With Fufu And Soup To Watch Black Panther! / Do You Go To The Cinema To Watch Nigerian Movies / 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Things You Should Do When Going To The Cinema Alone by Cieno: 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
Seeing a movie at the cinema is almost always subconsciously thought of as a social activity. As soon as that new blockbuster movie appears in cinemas, you’re already pondering how to get your girls or guys together for a movie outing. Conversely, you may want to turn a new movie in cinemas into a some private time with your boo and even if movie dates are not the most romantic dates, it’s always great spending time with that special someone.

It may seem awkward at first planning a movie trip by yourself you might even be worried that you’d not enjoy the solo experience as much. You need to stop dreading going to the cinema all by yourself and start looking forward to that alone time in the cinema. With the help of a few tips, it should prove quite the opposite.

Choose a Movie you’re Sure to Absolutely Love
It doesn’t have to be the movie that’s had its trailer on Twitter for months and your friends don’t even have to rate the movie highly; this is all about you. There’s also the added incentive that since this cinema experience will be centred on the movie, you definitely want to absolutely enjoy the movie.

Buy Extra Snacks
You don’t have to worry about anyone eating your popcorn or taking a sip of your Coke so feel free to spoil yourself a little. Get that extra-large bag of popcorn you didn’t want to have to share with bae and a 1.5 litre Coke to go with it. You want to make sure you don’t have to make a snack run when the movie’s getting good.

No Review until the Movie is over
Forget all you read on Rotten Tomatoes or IDMB, you won’t have a better opportunity to form your own opinions about than you go watch it by yourself. There’s a catch though; don’t try to assess the movie before it’s even began. Immerse yourself in the movie and savour every last detail. Those dastardly reviews can come to mind afterwards when they should matter little to what you think of the movie.

Choose a Timeslot When the Cinema’s going to Be Less Crowded
There’s the off chance that you’ll be self-conscious about entering and sitting in the cinema hall by yourself so you may want to choose a timeslot where the cinema will has a little to no crowds. That way it’s easier for you to enter and slink into your seat without drawing any attention to you. The evening slot just before the late movies start to show is usually a great choice. Late night movies are also bound to have smaller attendances.

There’s a lot of joy from going to the cinema by yourself and until you decide to actually do so, you’re unlikely to fully understand the pleasures of alone cinema time. You get to fully express yourself without worrying about what your movie partner has to say and you can fully immerse yourself in a fulfilling movie experience!

SOURCE:http://www.naijasauce.com.ng/4-things-you-should-do-when-going-to-the-cinema-alone/

1 Like

Re: 4 Things You Should Do When Going To The Cinema Alone by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
This is me me and more me. I don laff for no.2 here.

When there's a few people in the cinema and I'm the only one munching snacks, I always feel like I'm annoying the others.....

..but hey, part of cinema life...make I check what's in store this weekend

(1) (Reply)

2016 Movies That Can Make You Go Over The Moon / Mercy And Ike Knew Each Other Before Bb9ja / Finger Fighting- Back When We Didn't Have Cable TV? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.