Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,125 members, 7,807,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion (29392 Views)

Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God / Can Morality Exist Without Religion? / 5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Seun(m): 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
cloudgoddess: Thank for writing this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Icecomrade: 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
no at all
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Spells(m): 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
Nice, even though I didn't read jack abt ur post cheesy
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Xtopher123(m): 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
I Stand by the OP..

You doubt me, then quote me and i'll give you a detailed breakdown of how religion wrecked Hummanity...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by am0sn0nyu: 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

1. Humanity could get along better. Tribalism is the blanket term to describe the innate human tendency to form alliances and groups against one another. More and more research is showing that tribalism can be overcome, and peace amongst people of different groups can be achieved, the more people are able to see a like-ness in one another. A "you are human just like me, I accept you, I feel comfortable around you"
Certainly, you like the whole majority of Nigerians don't understand the meaning of tribalism, always confusing tribalism with what doesn't relate to it in any context, I hereby summon my alter-ego 'ghostofsparta' to come enlighten you.

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by ghostofsparta(m): 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
am0sn0nyu:
Certainly, you like the whole majority of Nigerians don't understand the meaning of tribalism, always confusing tribalism with what doesn't relate to it in any context, I hereby summon my alter-ego 'ghostofsparta' to come enlighten you.
AMOSNONYU I can't begin to type it all over again, let me refer cloudgoddess to this post
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by PaulIdu: 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
Religion is the greatest weakness mankind has ..the day they do away with it then the earth becomes the Paradise man has always dreamt of

2 Likes

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Proffdada: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
OP you are very wrong. Without religion
1. humans will classify themselves into species and subspecies based on evolution
2.The poor won't be recessive but eliminate the rich since they are more in population
3.Human lives will be of less value and morality will be thrown out of the window of reality
4. Distribution of resources will be a steep struggle since survival is for the fittest
5. Without religion, humans won't be able to access spiritual growth and development to commune with the Creator
There are lots of points which I can list here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by GloriaNinja(f): 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
True but The world will be better without Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by jnrbayano(m): 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
Nothing is good outside God almighty, creator of heaven and earth and all in it thereof.....

Religion inclusive.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Proffdada: 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
ValentineMary:

Are u kidding? christian killed Galileo for his scientific breakthrough, they killed Bruno for saying stars are just like the sun with planrts orbiting them, they killed William Tyndale for translating the bible go english so that lay men could read, they killed millions for owning a bible, they relegated and killed jews and islam in spain, etc
God(s) are the extension of the thoughts of men which comes from greed and ignorance.
Stupid utterance, Galileo died from heart attack, no one killed him

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by femi4: 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Uhh sure, keep telling yourself that undecided
I stopped reading at a point you said prayer is talking to oneself

2 Likes

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by HolarQD(m): 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
Proffdada:
OP you are very wrong. Without religion
1. humans will classify themselves into species and subspecies based on evolution
2.The poor won't be recessive but eliminate the rich since they are more in population
3.Human lives will be of less value and morality will be thrown out of the window of reality
4. Distribution of resources will be a steep struggle since survival is for the fittest
5. Without religion, humans won't be able to access spiritual growth and development to commune with the Creator
There are lots of points which I can list here
what are you even sayin sef?
is it religion thats making the poor reccesive? How?
Is human life full of value now? and what exactly do you mean by morality?
is distribution of resources not a steep struggle now even with religion?
what exactly has spiritual growth done in developing humaity?

5 Likes

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by eph12(m): 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
ValentineMary:

Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was
shown, that thou mightest know that the
LORD he is God; there is none else beside
him. (39) Know therefore this day, and
consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is
God in heaven above, and upon the earth
beneath: there is none else.

2 Samuel 7:22 — Wherefore thou art great,
O LORD God; for there is none like
thee, neither is there any God beside thee ,

1 Kings 8:60 — That all the people of the
earth may know that the LORD is God, and
that there is none else.

What were u saying again?
You can do better than this. I see you a new atheist on the block. When a guy tells a girl there is no one like her does that mean she's the only girl existing?
I have seen better and more convincing arguments but you sounding like a learner which is not actually a bad thing though smiley

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by firstolalekan(m): 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
coming................
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by eph12(m): 4:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
PaulIdu:
Religion is the greatest weakness mankind has ..the day they do away with it then the earth becomes the Paradise man has always dreamt of
We will always find something to blame for our actions and inactions, our circumstances and probably frustrations

3 Likes

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by engrchykae(m): 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
delishpot:
Humans would never unite even without religion. It was the need to dominate and control that makes people use religion to cover their asses in the first place. If there was no religion, humans would still look for a way to dominate, conquer and destroy others for their own selfish gain. If you say no to religion, then they would use skin color, if you say no to racism, they would use disability or IQ and so on.
Religion is just a means to an end for many people. Not as if they care too much about the religion they are using as a shield or means to get their heart desires.
humans only do what is right when they something to be afraid,never appeal to a man's gratitude but to his selfish interest.
my point is humans would be worse than what is obtainable today without religion especially Christianity,Buddhism,Hinduism,
even though these religions preach peace and non-violence and also enjoys a cult following,yet we have crimes and wickedness going on,
u will not want to imagine what I will turn to if am sure there is no God,
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by eph12(m): 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
Xtopher123:
I Stand by the OP..

You doubt me, then quote me and i'll give you a detailed breakdown of how religion wrecked Hummanity...
Am waiting please
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Proffdada: 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
HolarQD:

what are you even sayin sef?
is it religion thats making the poor reccesive? How?
Is human life full of value now? and what exactly do you mean by morality?
is distribution of resources not a steep struggle now even with religion?
what exactly has spiritual growth done in developing humaity?
what are you asking sef?

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by dblackninja: 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
Wow...Lovely insight cloudgoddess!!
To seun and the mods, thanks for bringing this to front page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Cuteamigo1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
delishpot:
Humans would never unite even without religion. It was the need to dominate and control that makes people use religion to cover their asses in the first place. If there was no religion, humans would still look for a way to dominate, conquer and destroy others for their own selfish gain. If you say no to religion, then they would use skin color, if you say no to racism, they would use disability or IQ and so on.
Religion is just a means to an end for many people. Not as if they care too much about the religion they are using as a shield or means to get their heart desires.
God bless you, you just spoke my mind. I.don't know why it is too hard for people to understand this. humans will alway look for a reason to destroy one another and religion in this day and age is just the reigning excuse.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by DeRay98(m): 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Atheists have this "terrible headache", why does have to exist sef?
"Let's keep denying HIM until it appears HE doesn't exist so that we are not accountable to HIM or anyone else."
When HE eventually reveals Himself the any of them they silently withdraw from all their claims and disappears into society. They become born-again and join the hosts of the faithful.

2 Likes

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by goodguygonebad: 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
The Parable of the Madman

Have you not heard of that madman who lit a lantern in the bright morning hours, ran to the market-place, and cried incessantly: "I am looking for God! I am looking for God!"
As many of those who did not believe in God were standing together there, he excited considerable laughter. Have you lost him, then? said one. Did he lose his way like a child? said another. Or is he hiding? Is he afraid of us? Has he gone on a voyage? or emigrated? Thus they shouted and laughed. The madman sprang into their midst and pierced them with his glances.

"Where has God gone?" he cried. "I shall tell you. We have killed him - you and I. We are his murderers. But how have we done this? How were we able to drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What did we do when we unchained the earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving now? Away from all suns? Are we not perpetually falling? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there any up or down left? Are we not straying as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is it not more and more night coming on all the time? Must not lanterns be lit in the morning? Do we not hear anything yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we not smell anything yet of God's decomposition? Gods too decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we, murderers of all murderers, console ourselves? That which was the holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet possessed has bled to death under our knives. Who will wipe this blood off us? With what water could we purify ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we not ourselves become gods simply to be worthy of it? There has never been a greater deed; and whosoever shall be born after us - for the sake of this deed he shall be part of a higher history than all history hitherto."

Here the madman fell silent and again regarded his listeners; and they too were silent and stared at him in astonishment. At last he threw his lantern to the ground, and it broke and went out. "I have come too early," he said then; "my time has not come yet. The tremendous event is still on its way, still travelling - it has not yet reached the ears of men. Lightning and thunder require time, the light of the stars requires time, deeds require time even after they are done, before they can be seen and heard. This deed is still more distant from them than the distant stars - and yet they have done it themselves."

It has been further related that on that same day the madman entered divers churches and there sang a requiem. Led out and quietened, he is said to have retorted each time: "what are these churches now if they are not the tombs and sepulchres of God?"
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by engrchykae(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
hahn:

That is exactly why people believe. It doesn't have to be real smiley
the Mayans,Aztecs,Egyptians ,Indians and Sumerians had experiences with beings from space whom most of. them referred to as sons of the sun.
most of them travelled to space reason why NASA captured an image of a pyramid with a man's face.
my point is ancient men did not foolishly start to crave for immortality,they saw a good reason to believe its possible by their encounter with the sons of heaven.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by dblackninja: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
am0sn0nyu:

Just to make things clear,
I think you're alone on this one.
Tribalism is not only about the 3 major & other tribes in Nigeria. Is not only about ethnicity... it encompasses a lot of things. So once again, you're alone on this one.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by HolarQD(m): 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
Proffdada:
what are you asking sef?
the questions are there for you to answer na
abi you want make i call you read am to you?
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by hahn(m): 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
engrchykae:
the Mayans,Aztecs,Egyptians ,Indians and Sumerians had experiences with beings from space whom most of. them referred to as sons of the sun.
most of them travelled to space reason why NASA captured an image of a pyramid with a man's face.
my point is ancient men did not foolishly start to crave for immortality,they saw a good reason to believe its possible by their encounter with the sons of heaven.

According to your narration, ancient men came to the conclusion on "immortality" by observing beings that existed and which they saw here on earth and not by actually witnessing immortality itself. Right?
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by LordOfNaira: 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
There are about 200 billion galaxies in the observable universe and that amounts to trillions and trillions and trillions of solar systems. It is hard to believe that a certain Jehovah, national god of the Jews or any other god for that matter wrote a book as guidance for an infinitesimal portion of the universe. It just doesn't make any sense. Religion is fraud. It will never make us harness all our potentials.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Proffdada: 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
HolarQD:

the questions are there for you to answer na
abi you want make i call you read am to you?
they are rhetorical

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Proffdada: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
LordofNairaland:
There are about 200 billion galaxies in the observable universe and that amounts to trillions and trillions and trillions of solar systems. It is hard to believe that a certain Jehovah, national god of the Jews or any other god for that matter wrote a book as guidance for an infinitesimal portion of the universe. It just doesn't make any sense. Religion is fraud. It will never make us harness all our potentials.
yet you believe wormholes are portals, right?

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by goodguygonebad: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
Aptly responded to

Proffdada:
yet you believe wormholes are portals, right?
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by lawani: 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
There is nothing wrong or evil in caring first for yourself, nuclear family, benefactors and nation before others. That is basic common sense. It is what all human beings should be doing. Howevere religion, meaning Christianity and Islam are totally evil.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Celebrates Pastor Adeboye At 78, Says He Always Told Leaders Truth / Rev. Obofour Makes A Man To Smoke Weed In Church (video) / Lagos Pastor, Okafor Donates N500,000 To A Boy With Lump In The Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.