Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,156 members, 7,780,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:50 AM

"Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" (28048 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / Pastor: "Women See The Manhood Size Of Your Man Before Marriage" / Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Spells(m): 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
Yes abstain from sex is te best.... Any one who thinks otherwise should quote me wrong. I no holy pass sha

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by emymeeky: 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
Yes
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by darkid1(m): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
Lol, there is time for everything. You see this sex of a thing, when done outside marriage only brings pain and regret .

3 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
Not so, Seun. Some people are disciplined enough to stand by their convictions, not cut corners and wait for marriage. Yes, some people do practice abstinence in every sense of the word.

Seun:
Nobody practices abstinence before marriage. Those that claim to be abstinent, if you investigate, are often doing everything except penetration.

4 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by emymeeky: 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
grin
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abeg lalasticlala can assist. I just heard he is now fully engaged. Kindly share your experience on this subject. shocked

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by 9jatatafo(m): 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
Drdreyy:

Op, this is religion section this topic is better moved to the romance section.
Abstinence before marriage is the right thing to do, you don't need anyone to tell you that.

Whether it's realistic or not, you don't expect anyone that is a Christian and morally upright to say it's unrealistic. You can only get contrary response from Atheists here.

As for me, i say it's realistic afterall there are a lot of people practicing celibacy.

Celibacy in this our time and age where sex is like a cup of tea that people take every minute?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by eph12(m): 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

can you explain why abstinence is the right thing to do?
Is it realistic because a lot of people are practising it or because you have other reasons for doing so?
Do you want a religious view or social view? They are two different views which clashes at times. So which exactly do you want?

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
"Most people are going to do it" doesn't make it right. Remember you were created to be different.

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
abdulkayus:

Seun, dont say on what u dont have much knowledge on. There are a lot of ppl who do not even hug, kiss or romance talkless of sex during their courtship. Many are practising full celibacy and more will still continue. Cos the world is morally depraved shouldnt mean that we shld move castigate the right thing.

Maybe the person have not reached puberty stage. The body is programmed by nature for sex.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by queenfav(f): 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
Nobody practices abstinence before marriage. Those that claim to be abstinent, if you investigate, are often doing everything except penetration.
Please get me a Royal cape,a crown and a throne,let's name him king!Thats the truth right there.On the flip side,i know very few true Christians still practice "TOTAL" abstinence from sex before marriage.Its very hard Sha..

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by olaolaking: 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
YES! We did it. So it is realistic

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by NameChecker: 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:

Three bottles of Origin for You
grin
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
eph12:

Do you want a religious view or social view? They are two different views which clashes at times. So which exactly do you want?

The realistic view. cool
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by mira4u: 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:

What happens if I tell you I never did any of them before I got married? If you or some people can't abstain, it doesn't mean others can't.

Yes, it's realistic.

9 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by holluphemydavid(m): 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
lilyqueen:
It is the best option
Oya clap for ur sef, but wait ooooo, hope u laid a gud example of dat?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by rita25(f): 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
babes I advice you better taste performance and skillz before you say I do cos I am tired of reading stories that touch the heart cos women are chopping outside cos their men are made in china( one minute men) grin
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Proffdada: 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
there's a difference between abstinence and virginity
Some may not be virgins but abstain from future spouses till marriage

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by holluphemydavid(m): 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
lilyqueen:

No sexually transmitted diseases
No unwanted pregnancy
Low rate of heart break and so on
U get my thumb up for d advantages u listed above

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by LaExpert: 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
Yes, it is realistic, possible and definitely the best option.

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by abhosts(m): 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
I Completely Abstained from all forms of sex, kissing or masturbation for 11 years prior to my marriage. So yes, it is possible.

The First 6 months is usually challenging. Thereafter, the desire for sex would no longer be strong and compulsive.

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
tolutweety:

Fact Only !!
This just made my night.

Good night.

How did you manage to conclude that as fact? undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by queenfav(f): 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
rita25:
babes I advice you better taste performance and skillz before you say I do cos I am tired of reading stories that touch the heart cos women are chopping outside cos their men are made in china( one minute men) grin
True o,i did a divorce where the wife was knacking her husband's younger brother living with them in their matrimonial home.

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by bjtinz: 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
Proffdada:

yeah, like the difference between six and half a dozen. :-/
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
lilyqueen:
It is the best option

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
joseph1832:

LOL. That's usually the message they preach to fool those who want to be fooled.

At times, even one of the couple is abstaining, the other might not be. I've seen this instance countless of times. That's why I'm a staunch advocate of pre-marital sex.

So your reason for engaging in pre-marital sex is because the unfaithfulness? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by bjtinz: 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
Proffdada:

yeah, like the difference between six and half a dozen. :-/
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
It's not easy to keep sexual urge at bay but it can be controlled by two things.
1. Focusing on something that occupies the mind like reading.
2. Having the fear of God. This is the most effective.

The fear of sexual transmitted disease can never save you. When it's time, you won't remember HIV or syphilis. I have overcome one or two sexual temptations. I don't really know how but I just overcome it.

I'm not a saint. I have feelings too but all the same, Kongi nah bad thing grin

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by eph12(m): 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

The realistic view. cool
Some people can't do without taking hard drugs should we stop teaching against it? Some are kleptomaniacs should we also not bother to talk it? Because my little boy will always want to watch TV 247 I should allow him and not caution him since he will always choose TV over most other things?
If you don't believe in God your view will definitely be different from those that do so why bother? Your realistic view may not be another realistic view.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:

That is a bold statement. How did you know? Are you saying that you have all the knowledge in the entire universe? You know how many hairs are upon every head, every thought of every human heart, you have the knowledge about every detail of history, every atom within every rock and nothing is hidden from your eyes. You know the intimate details of the secret sex-life of the fleas on the back of the black cat of Napolean's great-grandmother for you to be able to conclude that nobody practices abstinence before marriage. shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Tmercy(m): 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
tolutweety:

Fact Only !!
This just made my night.

Good night.
realest fact
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
holluphemydavid:

Oya clap for ur sef, but wait ooooo, hope u laid a gud example of dat?

Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner / Andrew Ejimadu SEER 1 Deported From Zambia Over Rape Accusation / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Staff Of A Construction Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.