Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,578 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

"Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" (28176 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / Pastor: "Women See The Manhood Size Of Your Man Before Marriage" / Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20am On Sep 01, 2016
tete7000:

Ask God who called fornication a sin, I am sure he will tell you with him all things are possible. Including ones people like you think are unrealistic. Of course without him, his laws become burden to man, though that doesnt make those law outdated.

Point taken. cool
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:22am On Sep 01, 2016
Ghost447:

It certainly has a lot of advantages, but for you to say it has no disadvantages shows your age bracket.

What are the disadvantages of waiting for the right time?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:23am On Sep 01, 2016
davtosh:

Abstinence is not only good before marriage because of its advanges like unwanted pregnancy and STDs prevention but as a Christian required by God.

It is possible if you are determined. I was able to do that before marriage because my wife to be also was determined so there was no one to tempt any one.

We both said no even when the spirit was willing and the flesh was weak. grin
So it takes determination from both partners so that one would not tempt the other.

God bless your marriage. smiley
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:26am On Sep 01, 2016
wirinet:

Theists, especially Christians and Muslims are always trying to impose their views, beliefs and biases on everyone else.
Whether two adults couples decides to abstain or not depends soley on the couples involved, it is nobody's business. Different strokes for different folks. It might work for others, it might not work for others. Even pastors and G.Os who married ideal women according to Christian values also end up divorcing their wives.

I for one do not support abstenance before marriage. I believe couples should know each other very well in all ramifications before pledging to live together for the rest of their lives.

For you and your likes, abstinence will be unrealistic without God but with God all things are possible. smiley
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:28am On Sep 01, 2016
naijababe:

Chai!!! NL will not kill me o. Mehn, some responses here, I wan die of laughter.

Personally, I am not for or against abstinence before marriage as these sort of decision is personal and differ from one person to another. 5ex is a very powerful thing, it is very important to be sure you are ready before you open that door.

I am however always mystified when sexual prowess development is always given as a reason to shun abstinence. Like seriously, prowess is not only developed by 4ucking everything that moves na?! If that was the case only 'oloshos - male & female' will know how to do the do properly. Maybe I am missing something sha undecided

You actually raised a good point that folks should think about. cool
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:30am On Sep 01, 2016
oteneaaron:

There is something about this thread that makes me stop and think...

Open Question....

"If abstinence is the best, how do we avoid future occurences, when both mates find out...sex isn't great for them?"

Please no one should take words off my mouth.... tongue

But when you think about it critically......would you prefer marrying someone who turns out to be stiff and a complete novice when it comes to sex?

How can marriage be enjoyed when there isn't great sex?

What are your reasons for getting married in the first place, sex? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:32am On Sep 01, 2016
Fkhalifa:

A lot of us still advocate abstinence, even though we cant practice it with ease.

That is because one thing is lacking. Can you figure out what it is? cool
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33am On Sep 01, 2016
facealone05:

It have is advantage and disadvantage may God direct us

What are the disadvantages of waiting for the right time? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:35am On Sep 01, 2016
abdulkayus:

see this guy. If u dont have control over ur sexual emotion? others have. It is not eveybody that is being control by d feeling of d flesh

Can you preach the message of abstinence to your congregation, if so how will you go about it? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:36am On Sep 01, 2016
ZubbyGodson:

Don't Encourage People To Leave What God Desires Cos You're Guilty Of It @OP

How did I encourage it? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:37am On Sep 01, 2016
Crixina:

Don't forget self help, it is the new abstinence for 95% claiming to be abstinent before marriage.

That does not count.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Fkhalifa(m): 7:37am On Sep 01, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

That is because one thing is lacking. Can you figure out what it is? cool
The right partner to quench it.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:49am On Sep 01, 2016
dasparrow:

Yes it is. If the topic were to be about homosexuality, you hypocrites will be quoting bible up and down. Best believe that according to the word of God the bible, the same hell fire that unrepentant homosexuals are going to is the same hell fire unrepentant fornicators are going to as well. So take note.

Saying 'it is' without giving your children the reasons and how to go about it is no different from unrepentant sinners ending up in hell.

dasparrow:

The bible made it clear that sex is for married folks only. If you want to have sex, go and get married or risk the wrath of God after you leave this earth. Stop making sex out to be like oxygen, as if without merging your prick with another person's private part you will die. It is people like you that will rape if you can't get a woman to have sex with you willingly. You lack self control and the spirit of lust is your master.

You should learn how to discuss in a public forum as you don't have to get personal because you don't agree with the question of the OP. With all your emotional outburst you have not given any logical or reasonable answer that folks can learn from, instead of making uninformed assumptions and reckless accusations about people you know nothing about.

dasparrow:

I hope you contract a deadly STD if you don't repent from fornicating.

The fact that you wish evil on your fellow human being shows that you are not a Christian and I therefore admonish you to repent of your evil thoughts to avoid the fires of hell. shocked
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:51am On Sep 01, 2016
Gluthatione:

Please sir, u you can only speak for yourself, there are millions out there who have practiced abstinence and some are still doing it presently. Let me take myself as an example, is going to 2 years now that i have been with my fiancée, nothing like sex, hugging, kissing etc between us the highest thing i have done to her is to hold her hands nothing more, it is very easy for us because this is mutual agreement between us.
So stop generalising if u can't do it there are millions out there who can do it.

Good job. smiley

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:58am On Sep 01, 2016
hommespecia:

abstinence is nearly impossible in these 21st century,reason been that our forefathers those days get married at early stage of their life,most of the ladies within the ages of 15 to 20 and for the men 20 to 25 are already married.fast forward to now,a 25year old man is still regarded as a boy prolly because he is an undergraduate still squatting under his parent.what am driving at is that body no be fire wood,at a certain age the body will crave for sex because it is a natural phenomenon and you can't cheat mother nature.let just preach safe sex chikena .

Don't you think that it is because folks want an expensive wedding that stops them from getting married on time? It is a natural phenomenon that we thirst and are in need of water but would that make us drink water from a gutter? I guess not.

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Ghost447(m): 8:02am On Sep 01, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

What are the disadvantages of waiting for the right time?
Who is to determine the right time, you, the society or the individual?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:04am On Sep 01, 2016
Bensmart04:

DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU MISS A LOT IF YOU
DON'T HAVE SEX AS A BACHELOR OR SPINSTER?
THINGS YOU MISS FOR NOT HAVING SEX BEFORE
MARRIAGE.
A lot of people might have told you that you miss a
lot for not having "sex", the answer is a capital
“YES”. You miss a lot and would continue missing
them:
1. You miss contracting HIV
2. You miss unwanted pregnancy.
3. You miss being an unwanted a teen mother or
father. 4. You miss havinga Sexually Transmitted
yokes and bondages.
5. You miss having an unwanted child.
6. You miss being a school dropout.
7. You miss having a broken home.
8. You miss making God and your parents sad and
disappointed.
9. You miss barrenness due to abortions (if you are
a lady).
10. You miss having destroyed career prospects.
11. You miss risking cervical cancer.
12. You miss getting worried because you may get
pregnant after sex.
13. You miss being "used" and dumped.
14. You miss being depressed all the time.
15. You miss throwing your virginity in the mud. 16.
You miss getting serious "broken heart".
17. You miss fornication
18. You miss the punishment of the grave.
19. You miss weakening your veins at the early
stage.
20. You miss selling your dignity in just 5mins for a
useless pleasure. and finally
21. You miss being thrown into Hell fire Have you
seen that you really miss a lot by not having
premarital sex?
My fellow Brothers and Sisters in both Islam and
Christianity your life is worth more than five
minutes enjoyment that can destroy your life in
the Present and future reserve your body not just
for your future husband or wife but for d sake of
Almighty God.

Thank you and God bless you for the exhaustive list of what we would miss by practising abstinence. Can you please give us some tips on how to go about practising abstinence?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:05am On Sep 01, 2016
atu100:

yes it is possible if u can hold urself

What about those who can't? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:07am On Sep 01, 2016
eph12:

Don't understand how this your question is related to my post.

Neither do I. cool
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:08am On Sep 01, 2016
eph12:

What is the know how? Doggy style, missionary style?

Your mind is going too far. shocked I only asked for the 'know how' of abstaining from sex before marriage. cheesy
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2016
Fkhalifa:

The right partner to quench it.

And when you've found the right partner, how do you keep yourselves pure before marriage?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:13am On Sep 01, 2016
Ghost447:

Who is to determine the right time, you, the society or the individual?

The individuals involved. cool
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:16am On Sep 01, 2016
abbeyfel:

I bliv the Bible says somewhere in Corinthians that if a man behaves uncomely(have s*x) with his virgin, let them marry. so this is the only reason you can have sex before marriage. so if two people sincerely love each other and they fell for the flesh, the relationship should continue and end in holy matrimony. this is Not my opinion. Search your Bible,

Google can not help you on this one..

Lies of the devil.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:18am On Sep 01, 2016
DedeNkem:

Abstinence before marriage is complete rubbish!
What's the point for it?

Does it guarantee a great marriage? No! Does it guarantee anything at all? No!

In fact, having sex with someone you want to spend the rest of your life with before marraige is a great idea. It's good for you to know if you're sexually compatible with your future partner.

And they live happily ever after, no? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:22am On Sep 01, 2016
Lionofdjungle:

YES, my friend, abstinence before marriage is realistic. Despite the moral laxity, we still have many guys and ladies who are determined to practice abstinence and who remain virgins till they got married. It is a matter of determination and self discipline.

Good. How will you go about preaching abstinence and what makes it realistic and possible in this day and age, any tips apart from determination and discipline that you've already mentioned?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by eph12(m): 8:22am On Sep 01, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Your mind is going too far. shocked I only asked for the 'know how' of abstaining from sex before marriage. cheesy
Like?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:24am On Sep 01, 2016
Lionofdjungle:

Most of you who canvass for sexual liberty are the ones who normally look for virgins when you are ready to get married after you might have had sexual inter course with as many ladies as possible. What a hipocrasy!

What a contradiction in terms. undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:25am On Sep 01, 2016
Shaev7:

We had better not deceive ourselves, Before God its furnication and therefore a SIN!

We shouldnt turn or bend laws just to suit or justify ourselves!

God is the Ultimate Teacher!

Good point. smiley
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:27am On Sep 01, 2016
eph12:

Like?

Like practical tips that will help willing folks to abstain from sex until marriage.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28am On Sep 01, 2016
onionsoup:

IT IS VERY POSSIBLE
I AM A WITNESS TO THAT AND IT PAYS A LOT TO ABSTAIN

Point taken. Can you please tell us what it pays to abstain?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Fkhalifa(m): 8:29am On Sep 01, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

And when you've found the right partner, how do you keep yourselves pure before marriage?
we can only strive hard to get close to that purity state before marriage, not many will get that 100% purity...only few will be favoured in this end time.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:30am On Sep 01, 2016
bg0074real:

You do Ges.. Lol.
But on a serious note. Everybody is not doing it. Don't be fooled! I for one is practising abstinence

Way to go. How do you do it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Let All The Saints Get Ready For The Rapture / Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing / Six Common Things Church Camera Men Are Known For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.