Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? (11277 Views)

JOHESU Strike: Nigerian Government Threatens ‘no Work, No Pay’ Policy / 5-year-old Australian Girl Grew Breasts At 2 And Started Her Period At 4 / Antibiotics Resistance, Typhoid And Malaria Diagnosis Debacle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 11:08am On Aug 27, 2016
uboma:

Are you still on this matter....?
Lol. Uhm... do you want me to give it up? You know your wish is my command cheesy
Good morning Ubims Happy weekend.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 11:14am On Aug 27, 2016
karleone:

I have been taught before Engr Karl, thank you so much for coming to teach me again. Hopefully this time I'll get it right cheesy

If you can't do it electronically (which I don't know if it exists grin), you can do it manually by fixing
. Then you write what you wish to write beneath. If you wish to do it for all the paragraphs, you can still follow this path.
... But something still tells me I'm typing inside your message... lol...

Let's see if it worked out well this time. Oh please, let my victory be recorded this morning grin
Hahahaha. I failed woefully *sobs*
Why oh why?
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by uboma(m): 11:28am On Aug 27, 2016
amicable09:
Lol. Uhm... do you want me to give it up? You know your wish is my command cheesy
Good morning Ubims Happy weekend.

Good morning Amic.
I see that some ladies are not favourable towards your idea. I see that you have a passion for this, so ride on. You have my blessing. lol. how is the weekend going to be?

1 Like

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2016
uboma:

Good morning Amic.

I see that some ladies are not favourable towards your idea.
I see that you have a passion for this, so ride on.
You have my blessing.
lol.
how is the weekend going to be?
Lol. Thanks cheesy
The weekend really has kicked off on a splendid note. I just had brunch with some friends in a meeting grin. Going home now.

It will be a good weekend with little outdoor activity though.
How will yours be? On the road?
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by kaboninc(m): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
amicable09:

Let's see if it worked out well this time. Oh please, let my victory be recorded this morning grin
Hahahaha. I failed woefully *sobs*
Why oh why?

I also do hope that because you couldn't "match" my response with yours, you just have to give up?

This is not the amicable I think I used to know oh cheesy cheesy (Whatever that phrase means...)

Still your policy can work....it still depends on how you tweak it. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

After all, it is now a law in Lagos for people who purchase lands from native families to pay "foundation fee" even after the right of ownership has been transferred.

How's your weekend going?
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 2:47pm On Aug 27, 2016
kaboninc:

I also do hope that because you couldn't "match" my response with yours, you just have to give up?

This is not the amicable I think I used to know oh cheesy cheesy (Whatever that phrase means...)

Still your policy can work....it still depends on how you tweak it. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

After all, it is now a law in Lagos for people who purchase lands from native families to pay "foundation fee" even after the right of ownership has been transferred.

How's your weekend going?
Lol. Ok, I'll do just that a year from now. cheesy

I was going to mention you in JV chatroom after my last post but I saw your mention here, I should go ahead and chat with you here.

Tell me why you are following me, I saw where you regret following someone on NL. Let me know the driving force behind this following grin

Coincidentally you also said here that this is not the Amicable you know cheesy and I'm wondering, for how long have you known me on here cheesy. I know I can argue sha, I also like to learn, so when I couldn't get that break and respond style, it killed my morale cheesy. I'll get back to that your post you'll see.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by kaboninc(m): 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. Ok, I'll do just that a year from now. cheesy

Lol. Please take your time... and biko don't see this my style of responding as intimidating. Please don't. I learnt it from the politics sections oh. For that place, no joy at all. Just blood. Am tired of the blood though and that's why I've reduce the time I spend there.

I was going to mention you in JV chatroom after my last post but I saw your mention here, I should go ahead and chat with you here.

Okaayyy..here we gooo...

Tell me why you are following me, I saw where you regret following someone on NL. Let me know the driving force behind this following grin

Loooollllll....I follow you because you interest me. I read your diary one time and at another time, I saw the way you present your ideas or opinions (this is another reason) which I must say and give to you, its way better than mine. You have a good presentation skill (like my Coli... Lol) Lol. So here is me asking you to please teach me how to make a good presentation.

Coincidentally you also said here that this is not the Amicable you know cheesy and I'm wondering, for how long have you known me on here cheesy. I know I can argue sha, I also like to learn, so when I couldn't get that break and respond style, it killed my morale cheesy. I'll get back to that your post you'll see.

Haaaa...you can argue for Africa ni. Lol. But I like it too. Not the ones we see in the Politics, Romance or even Business Sections. So you giving up just like that...mbanu. And so far too, the discussion has not be destructive which is healthy.

On my comment in (or on...whichever) politics thread you saw, lol, I wish I can change the way we roll over there oh. Destructive sentiments really influence our ideas and opinions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2016
kaboninc:

Lol. Please take your time... and biko don't see this my style of responding as intimidating. Please don't. I learnt it from the politics sections oh. For that place, no joy at all. Just blood. Am tired of the blood though and that's why I've reduce the time I spend there.

Okaayyy..here we gooo...

Loooollllll....I follow you because you interest me. I read your diary one time and at another time, I saw the way you present your ideas or opinions (this is another reason) which I must say and give to you, its way better than mine. You have a good presentation skill (like my Coli... Lol) Lol. So here is me asking you to please teach me how to make a good presentation.

Haaaa...you can argue for Africa ni. Lol. But I like it too. Not the ones we see in the Politics, Romance or even Business Sections. So you giving up just like that...mbanu. And so far too, the discussion has not be destructive which is healthy.

On my comment in (or on...whichever) politics thread you saw, lol, I wish I can change the way we roll over there oh. Destructive sentiments really influence our ideas and opinions.
Lol. I have said once somewhere on NL that where you spend most of your time on, as in the section of NL you are most active in will have a strong influence on you without an express permission. And by observation it is true.

I have some friends here who are very active in Politics section grin, whenever I read their comments I laugh. It really is bloody there. No joy. I hung around that section for a while as a viewer and realized if I begin commenting I'll have a handful frenemies grin and it's of no use. Doesn't add a farthing to my bank account.

Then romance, Lol, that's the biggest joke of a section grin. One day I'll do an analysis of all the sections on NL. But 1 thing stands out in Romance, a lot of effort put in by the people there to be who they are not. I read too much lies, deceit, backstabbing and blackmail there.

Lol @ argue for Africa. I know. I just like it as long as we aren't getting down to verbal or physical abuse, I love it. I love engaging people who have a mind of their own, once I sense that I'm with a wrong person who has resorted to the cheap use of derogatory words, I leave gracefully. But I can't guarantee that happens always grin.

About presentation skills cheesy, I'm still learning, still trying to hone my skills in that regard. If you want, we can learn together and from what I've noticed about your writing, I may be a learner under you in disguise cheesy.

My weekend is going well, I didn't say that the other time. I hope yours is too.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by kaboninc(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. I have said once somewhere on NL that where you spend most of your time on, as in the section of NL you are most active in will have a strong influence on you without an express permission. And by observation it is true.

I tell you. And the worst is when there is this negative vibe. Me sef tire. And the bullying too. I remember during the election I was so into it but at a point I had to stop. I even tell my friends - privately - that its just too much and they should tone down. But truth is, the bullying is just too much and the insult is just a way of self defense. But for me the advisor, I can get out of hand sometimes as I did earlier today.

I have some friends here who are very active in Politics section grin, whenever I read their comments I laugh. It really is bloody there. No joy. I hung around that section for a while as a viewer and realized if I begin commenting I'll have a handful frenemies grin and it's of no use. Doesn't add a farthing to my bank account.

You've said it all!

Then romance, Lol, that's the biggest joke of a section grin. One day I'll do an analysis of all the sections on NL. But 1 thing stands out in Romance, a lot of effort put in by the people there to be who they are not. I read too much lies, deceit, backstabbing and blackmail there.

But why would people lie and blackmail themselves? I think it has to do with the individuals involved. I read too recently about a long distance relationship and it got me very angry. If I know I can't be with someone for some reasons, why not just tell her rather than toy with her feelings, not just even in secret but in the open world. Haba... It doesn't make one smart but f.oolish (please pardon my words). I've met very wonderful people here and I intend to keep that relationship. But if I can't get something from a particular relationship, jezz am not Jesus. Lol. At one point I'll need to be selfish to myself. Lol. Even Jesus wants a beneficial relationship. Lol. Okay I talk to much.

Lol @ argue for Africa. I know. I just like it as long as we aren't getting down to verbal or physical abuse, I love it. I love engaging people who have a mind of their own, once I sense that I'm with a wrong person who has resorted to the cheap use of derogatory words, I leave gracefully. But I can't guarantee that happens always grin.

That's the bitter truth. At a time, one just have to do a rethink. And in as much as I'm guilty of this too, I strongly believe that this is the major problem we have as a nation. Yeah, I had to extend the context to include our national life. People talk to each other in very uncivilized ways - sometimes consciously and other times unconsciously. Worse also is that people expect you to literally "beg" them when engaging with them as if you're soliciting for their help in a transaction that is mutual.

About presentation skills cheesy, I'm still learning, still trying to hone my skills in that regard. If you want, we can learn together and from what I've noticed about your writing, I may be a learner under you in disguise cheesy.

Naaa....you are the CHAMPION here, the GREAT LADY here. So I wantu learn from you. Already learning from you sef. You see the bold part, now that's what am talking about. Heheheheh

My weekend is going well, I didn't say that the other time. I hope yours is too.

Well mine is going too fast! Need to slow it down. Whoever invented TIME just did me a good disservice!!! cool cool cool cool
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
kaboninc:

I tell you. And the worst is when there is this negative vibe. Me sef tire. And the bullying too. I remember during the election I was so into it but at a point I had to stop. I even tell my friends - privately - that its just too much and they should tone down. But truth is, the bullying is just too much and the insult is just a way of self defense. But for me the advisor, I can get out of hand sometimes as I did earlier today.

You've said it all!

But why would people lie and blackmail themselves? I think it has to do with the individuals involved. I read too recently about a long distance relationship and it got me very angry. If I know I can't be with someone for some reasons, why not just tell her rather than toy with her feelings, not just even in secret but in the open world. Haba... It doesn't make one smart but f.oolish (please pardon my words). I've met very wonderful people here and I intend to keep that relationship. But if I can't get something from a particular relationship, jezz am not Jesus. Lol. At one point I'll need to be selfish to myself. Lol. Even Jesus wants a beneficial relationship. Lol. Okay I talk to much.

That's the bitter truth. At a time, one just have to do a rethink. And in as much as I'm guilty of this too, I strongly believe that this is the major problem we have as a nation. Yeah, I had to extend the context to include our national life. People talk to each other in very uncivilized ways - sometimes consciously and other times unconsciously. Worse also is that people expect you to literally "beg" them when engaging with them as if you're soliciting for their help in a transaction that is mutual.

Naaa....you are the CHAMPION here, the GREAT LADY here. So I wantu learn from you. Already learning from you sef. You see the bold part, now that's what am talking about. Heheheheh

Well mine is going too fast! Need to slow it down. Whoever invented TIME just did me a good disservice!!! cool cool cool cool
Lolz. Now for the people who think I talk too much, they need to come and meet my new friend here who talks more than I do grin.

You've made real sense. I've made amazing friends here too myself. It's a large community that if all one takes out of this forum is a handful of enemies then the fellows aren't helping themselves.

I've known an aspect of you today. In the days and weeks to come, I'll know more. Good to have you on my list. cheesy.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by kaboninc(m): 4:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
amicable09:

Lolz. Now for the people who think I talk too much, they need to come and meet my new friend here who talks more than I do grin.

You've made real sense. I've made amazing friends here too myself. It's a large community that if all one takes out of this forum is a handful of enemies then the fellows aren't helping themselves.

I've known an aspect of you today. In the days and weeks to come, I'll know more. Good to have you on my list. cheesy.

Care to tell me....and don't mention that I talk too much oh. Even NL knows. So.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Good to have you too and look forward to a very interesting YOU... Lol. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2016
kaboninc:

Care to tell me....and don't mention that I talk too much oh. Even NL knows. So.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Good to have you too and look forward to a very interesting YOU... Lol. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol @ interesting you.
What do you do for a living?
You work on the Island?
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by kaboninc(m): 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2016
amicable09:

Lol @ interesting you.
What do you do for a living?
You work on the Island?

Yes I work on the Island.

Business Development, Financial Services.

I know you work in somewhere on the Island. I know in a hospital. What I do not know is if you're a nurse.

So, how about you....Amicable cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by uboma(m): 7:37am On Aug 28, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. Thanks cheesy
The weekend really has kicked off on a splendid note. I just had brunch with some friends in a meeting grin. Going home now.

It will be a good weekend with little outdoor activity though.
How will yours be? On the road?

Hi,

I am a bit under the weather at the moment.
Sorry for the late reply.
have a good Sunday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
uboma:

Hi,
I am a bit under the weather at the moment. Sorry for the late reply. have a good Sunday.
I'm sorry about your health. Hope you're feeling better now? Happy Sunday to you too.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by uboma(m): 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
amicable09:
I'm sorry about your health. Hope you're feeling better now? Happy Sunday to you too.

Thanks for the best wishes. I will get well. Have a good evening.

1 Like

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
kaboninc:

Yes I work on the Island.

Business Development, Financial Services.

I know you work in somewhere on the Island. I know in a hospital. What I do not know is if you're a nurse.

So, how about you....Amicable cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
No, I'm not a nurse smiley
I wonder what could possibly have given you that impression.

I didn't want to ask on that other thread so let me ask here. What name am I sending the package to?
I'm looking at having it delivered to you by Friday.

Hope you're having a good day?
Enjoy a magnificent Monday!
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by kaboninc(m): 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2016
amicable09:

No, I'm not a nurse smiley
I wonder what could possibly have given you that impression.

I didn't want to ask on that other thread so let me ask here. What name am I sending the package to?
I'm looking at having it delivered to you by Friday.

Hope you're having a good day?
Enjoy a magnificent Monday!

Amicable...I was wondering if you have forgotten me. But I know those who are not from earth have this never-forgetting gene in them... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol @ you not being a nurse. Well, you act like one. Wondering how you'd act supposing you want to give an injection. Maybe you'd use "talk" to allay the fears of the patience...#justsaying cheesy cheesy cheesy

You can address the package to this moniker. But let me know when and how you intend to send it! grin grin grin grin
***Some people are just Amicable ohh****

Well, the day is just going on its own. Taking care of one or two things. How about yours? How is it going?

Thank you and do have an awesome week!!! kiss kiss kiss grin grin cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
kaboninc:

Amicable...I was wondering if you have forgotten me. But I know those who are not from earth have this never-forgetting gene in them... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol @ you not being a nurse. Well, you act like one. Wondering how you'd act supposing you want to give an injection. Maybe you'd use "talk" to allay the fears of the patience...#justsaying cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol. Nah, I don't talk like that unless required and No, I didn't forget you. My mood went sour after I heard one of my favorite contestants on project fame was eliminated, I went blue embarassed embarassed *ignore that pink blush, I actually meant for it to be blue there cheesy*. That was the cause basically

You can address the package to this moniker. But let me know when and how you intend to send it! grin grin grin grin
***Some people are just Amicable ohh****

Uhm... I'm planning on placing an order at Laterna store online to have them send you the package at the address you provided. Is there more information you will have me know before the package hangs in the air?

Well, the day is just going on its own. Taking care of one or two things. How about yours? How is it going?
Going on well too, thanks.

Thank you and do have an awesome week!!! kiss kiss kiss grin grin cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley
You too. grin grin grin
I hope I broke down my responses well this time grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hurray!!!!!!!!!
I did it!
Oga Seun wherever you are, you owe me one bottle of coke for making me crack this code by myself! grin
It wasn't easy but it eventually has paid off.
I am a computer whiz today!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks Joe, Karl and everyone who wished me well in this break and reply format enquiry I've been losing sleep over.
Thank you! I can now reply posts sentence by sentence or word by word if I choose smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by joseph1832(m): 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
amicable09:
Hurray!!!!!!!!!
I did it!
Oga Seun wherever you are, you owe me one bottle of coke for making me crack this code by myself! grin
It wasn't easy but it eventually has paid off.
I am a computer whiz today!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks Joe, Karl and everyone who wished me well in this break and reply format enquiry I've been losing sleep over.
Thank you! I can now reply posts sentence by sentence or word by word if I choose smiley
Congratulations!!!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by kaboninc(m): 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. Nah, I don't talk like that unless required and No, I didn't forget you. My mood went sour after I heard one of my favorite contestants on project fame was eliminated, I went blue embarassed embarassed *ignore that pink blush, I actually meant for it to be blue there cheesy*. That was the cause basically

Lol. Its relieving to read you say you didn't forget me. Am sorry about the elimination of your favourite contestant. Sometimes, "failure" could be our stepping stone to greatness. I think if you ask Lara George, she would tell you better. So cheer up...better things lie ahead! smiley smiley smiley smiley

Uhm... I'm planning on placing an order at Laterna store online to have them send you the package at the address you provided. Is there more information you will have me know before the package hangs in the air?

Thank You!

Going on well too, thanks.

Its obvious...

You too. grin grin grin
I hope I broke down my responses well this time grin

Yes you did and that's great. I commend you for doing it. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by Babacele: 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
hi amicable09, I saw yr reaction to the Clinton-Trump post. I can't edit the article till evening wen I ll b wt my system ....n this phone can't presently. Hope you are good? see u in d 'azer' room. cheers .
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
Babacele:
hi amicable09, I saw yr reaction to the Clinton-Trump post. I can't edit the article till evening wen I ll b wt my system ....n this phone can't presently. Hope you are good? see u in d 'azer' room. cheers .
Lol.
Alright cheesy. Take your time, no rush at all grin
I'm doing great! Thanks for asking. I hope you are too.

I'll be waiting for you right there cheesy
Take care.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 21, 2016
Amicable09,Check your PM,leme knw what you think after
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 9:47am On Oct 21, 2016
danieloy4:
Amicable09,Check your PM,leme knw what you think after
Alright, I will.
Thanks.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by jpphilips(m): 5:35am On Apr 02, 2018
amicable09:

Lol. Where then is equity?
You expect her to work extra hours and days because she went through sth completely natural, a cycle that is normal. As long as target is met at the end of the month, extending work duration for the female, I believe is wrong.

Period leave without pay is fine, her deductions and others like her will hire a lower cadre staff on minimum wage to fill the space (IT, corper) stuffs like that.
You don't expect your employer to run a charity organization do you?
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 9:40am On Apr 02, 2018
jpphilips:

Period leave without pay is fine, her deductions and others like her will hire a lower cadre staff on minimum wage to fill the space (IT, corper) stuffs like that.
You don't expect your employer to run a charity organization do you?
No, I don't expect my employer to run a charity organization but those who will be hired and paid minimum wage, are they going to be robots? They'll be required to go on leave as well.

If a lady in a month takes 2 days off work, except the company means to tell me that she's a key man in the organization and her being away will affect work all together, then there's a problem.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by jpphilips(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2018
amicable09:

No, I don't expect my employer to run a charity organization but those who will be hired and paid minimum wage, are they going to be robots? They'll be required to go on leave as well.

If a lady in a month takes 2 days off work, except the company means to tell me that she's a key man in the organization and her being away will affect work all together, then there's a problem.

I won't give any of my employees period leave with pay, I don't expect you to do that either, if female athletes can go through months of tournaments, let alone a sit in the office employee. I will gladly accept her resignation if she can't hold her arse together.
How did you know period affect productivity? Never heard it before.
She has her annual leave, she can period all she wants during her leave, if she will forfeit her annual leave for period leave, I may consider it so long as nobody is changing pads with my money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by AHCB: 9:07am On Apr 04, 2018
jpphilips:

I won't give any of my employees period leave with pay, I don't expect you to do that either, if female athletes can go through months of tournaments, let alone a sit in the office employee. I will gladly accept her resignation if she can't hold her arse together.
How did you know period affect productivity? Never heard it before.
She has her annual leave, she can period all she wants during her leave, if she will forfeit her annual leave for period leave, I may consider it so long as nobody is changing pads with my money.
dude. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Cure Stomach Ulcer / Help Stomach Ulcer / :::too Much Rice Consumption - Any S-effect;;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.