Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? (17622 Views)

Peak Milk And Dano Milk Battle Each Other On Twitter. See What Happened / Tin Milk In Nigeria Vs Tin Milk Abroad: Canada Based Nigerian Man Bemoan (photo) / How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? by Kbels(f): 9:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
I have a nine month old baby who I started giving cerelac when she was due for solids at six months. Due to my tight schedule, I couldn't make pap and introduce to her. I finally persuaded an aunt of mine to help make the pap. I just need to know what to use to sweeten the pap for baby to enjoy it (apart from sugar).
Re: Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? by GloriaNinja(f): 9:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
Use milk, milk is better than sugar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? by shupy: 5:52am On Aug 18, 2016
Honey?
Re: Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? by okirewaju(f): 5:56am On Aug 18, 2016
shupy:
Honey?
Baby cannot take honey at that age.

Milk makes more sense to me. Make it creamy. I detest the use of crayfish, soya bla bla bla

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? by laris: 8:04am On Aug 18, 2016
Yogurt is good too
Re: Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? by wendybaby(f): 9:51am On Aug 18, 2016
Soya milk is very good for babies as well as adults. Its natural.
Re: Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? by Frankiss44(m): 3:40am On Aug 23, 2016
Crayfish.. A lot of crayfish does the trick. All you have to do is to blend it smoothly. Not only does it sweeten the pap, it is scientifically richer than milk

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? by Motirayo2018(f): 12:20am On Nov 29, 2019
vondes:
Depending on the baby's weight and age, there is a certain average amount of breast milk consumed. Exceeding this norm, burping is inevitable https://www.randomstuffido.com/stop-burping-a-baby/. It is not necessary to feed your baby if it is not hungry, even if the feeding time is right. The baby itself should require breasts. Feeding at the request makes it possible to adjust the process of breastfeeding. Your baby will eat as much as it needs.

You can also use date ,remove the seed and blend
Re: Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? by stormtrooper: 10:43pm On Dec 13, 2019
I agree a lot depends on the quality of milk and the frequency of food intake and you should not force feed the child
Re: Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? by Phlota(f): 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2019
You can use dates syrup or powder or mash bananas and add to the pap
Re: Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? by BolajiApata: 9:07am On Mar 17, 2020
For your order reach us via WhatsApp 08099491870.

Benefits of Dates for Infants

Dates are nutrient-rich and are packed with a good variety and amounts of minerals and vitamins which are essential for the growth of your baby. Dates help your baby’s growth in the following ways:

1. Brain Development
Potassium helps brain growth and development, and a fair amount of this nutrient is present in dates, thus enabling a baby’s overall cognitive development.

2. Preventing Indigestion

Dates help in eliminating parasitic organisms and help cultivate friendly bacteria in intestines. This helps prevent intestinal problems– a common concern amongst babies.

3. Liver Protection
Infants are quite susceptible to contracting viral and bacterial infection, which in turn has an adverse effect on the liver, These contribute in high occurrence of liver conditions like jaundice, typhoid and hepatitis that babies fall prey to. It is, however observed that dates have liver-protecting properties and therefore is a great preventive dietary item to include in your baby’s menu.

4. Remedy for Gastric Ulcers
ADVERTISEMENT
Some children can also suffer from acidity and ulcers. Dates have properties to help alleviate some symptoms and can be added to regular medical treatment recommended by your doctor. However, consult your paediatrician before you use dates as a remedy to treat gastric ulcers.

5. Stronger Teeth
Ripened dates can be given to teething infants for better dental development. Dates help strengthen gums and make teeth grow stronger and faster. Chewing ripe dates can be a good dental exercise that teething babies may benefit from.

6. Nourishing During Fevers and Smallpox
Dates assist in speedy recovery if your baby is recovering from fever or smallpox. This is because of the presence of rich mix of nutrients that dates offer. You can mix dates with milk too.

7. Remedy for Dysentery
Babies can develop dysentery due to bacterial infection in the large intestine. This can be controlled by feeding them sweet date pulp.

8. Relief from Constipation
The high amount of dietary fibre present in dates adds bulk to the stool and promotes water absorption. This assists in a smooth bowel movement for babies.

9. Soothing Fever
Fevers are a common occurrence among children. Dates help eliminate some of the discomforts like acidity and diarrhoea that come along with the risings body temperature. Grounded date mixed with milk is extremely nourishing and also assists in a speedy recovery from fever.

10. Improves Haemoglobin Levels in Blood
Dates have high iron content. This helps in increasing the haemoglobin count in your baby’s red blood cells. It also promotes healthy hair growth and nourishes the skin.

Re: Please What Can I Use To Sweeten Baby's Pap Apart From Sugar And Milk? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2020
Some breastmilk should be added to it then gradually replace with cows milk

(1) (Reply)

Task Force Intercepts Expired Seasoning In Ogun State (Pictured) / Time Table For Your Meal? / Home Made Pap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.