Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? (1449 Views)

Anybody Here That Transverse To The Dangote Ibese Plant? I Need Help / Anybody Knows Why Government Rejects Made In Nigeria Cars? / Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by Kashif(m): 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
I need the services of a good machinist. If you know one, kindly let me know.
Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:04pm On Aug 17, 2016
Kashif:
I need the services of a good machinist. If you know one, kindly let me know.

I don't have his number but I can describe. Meet outside
Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by lonelydora: 6:03am On Aug 18, 2016
Yes, but he's in Ph.
Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by Kashif(m): 8:08am On Aug 18, 2016
This tech should be able to fabricate valves using heat and wear-resistant materials. He should be able to reproduce valves, or any other hand tools, given dimensions or sample.

He must have high precision machine(s), maybe CNC grin

I believe this can be done locally, instead of China.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by Kashif(m): 8:14am On Aug 18, 2016
lonelydora:
Yes, but he's in Ph.

Is he very good? See my post below.

1 Like

Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
Kashif:
This tech should be able to fabricate valves using heat and wear-resistant materials. He should be able to reproduce valves, or any other hand tools, given dimensions or sample.

Thanks.

You re just joking!!! The best he can do for you is to rebore cylinders and grind your valves, for any other precision stuff migrate to china. angry
Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by Kashif(m): 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
kaeforum:

You re just joking!!! The best he can do for you is to rebore cylinders and grind your valves, for any other precision stuff migrate to china. angry

You are wrong sir. While in school, we could fabricate simple valves with our lab lathe machines. Our lecturer then could program the machine and just sit and watch, with coolant running. Couldn't grab how he was doing it, as I only did those practicals for a semester.

If I can't find this in Lagos, I can as well go down to Enugu (SEDI or PRODA). They will do it! I am sure you may not have heard these names before. If you search online, you will see companies looking for machinists for employment, who can fabricate precision designs. You think they work in China?
Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by lonelydora: 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Kashif:

Thanks.

The guy is good but the 'very' is what I don't know. I will ask him if he has the equipment you mentioned.
Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by Kashif(m): 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
lonelydora:

The guy is good but the 'very' is what I don't know. I will ask him if he has the equipment you mentioned.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by erico2k2(m): 10:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
Kashif:

You are wrong sir. While in school, we could fabricate simple valves with our lab lathe machines. Our lecturer then could program the machine and just sit and watch, with coolant running. Couldn't grab how he was doing it, as I only did those practicals for a semester.

If I can't find this in Lagos, I can as well go down to Enugu (SEDI or PRODA). They will do it! I am sure you may not have heard these names before. If you search online, you will see companies looking for machinists for employment, who can fabricate precision designs. You think they work in China?
U need a CnC plus a Gcoder
Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by Kashif(m): 7:47am On Aug 19, 2016
erico2k2:

U need a CnC plus a Gcoder

Yes, those make it easier and faster, but before the advent of CNCs, machine parts have been fabricated using just lathes.

Do you know who has those in Lagos?
Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by erico2k2(m): 8:11am On Aug 19, 2016
Kashif:

Yes, those make it easier and faster, but before the advent of CNCs, machine parts have been fabricated using just lathes.

Do you know who has those in Lagos?

Nah bro.I don't live in Lagos .
Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 22, 2016
Kashif:

I dont know the school you are referring to, but I know that we have machinists all over the country that rebore cylinders , grind valves and crankshaft.

But if you are referring to machinist who can fabricate these components in Nigeria, I strongly disagree with you.

We dont have steel for that neither do we manufacture core metals like titanium, aluminum or other special alloys to do this.

If we could do these we would not be importing machinery for our industries.
Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
@Kashif kndly help a brother . am having issues with my car a Toyota corolla 2004 . the car is hesitating and cannot climb even a small hill . there is this loud noise I heard when I engage the gear in drive or reverse . please tell me what to do .
Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by Kashif(m): 8:26am On Aug 24, 2016
otunbaf:
@Kashif kndly help a brother . am having issues with my car a Toyota corolla 2004 . the car is hesitating and cannot climb even a small hill . there is this loud noise I heard when I engage the gear in drive or reverse . please tell me what to do . i can't locate ur number but u can reach me on 08060131811 . thanks

Have you scanned? Sure car is not in limp mode? You should be able to reach me now.
Re: Anybody Knows A Good Machinist? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
@

(1) (Reply)

Bmw's 100th Anniversary @ Eko Atlantic City, Lagos. / How To Identify A Camry Pencil With German Specs.. / Missing Battery And Car Symbol On 2017 Landcruiser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.