Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? (4829 Views)

Atiku's Photo With His Beautiful Daughters To Celebrate Day Of The Girl Child. / Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists / 2009- Nigeria In Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by chidichris(m): 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2009
in a couple of days, the self acclaimed giant of africa will be 49. my concerns range from our achievements to our failures. we have been celebrating hoping for better and improved nation. now that we are sure nothing is happening, will it be worth doing, celebrating 49 empty and backward years?

to me, if nigeria must celebrate come 1st october, let the celebration be on the aspects of our under-achievements and high level of corruption that has eaten into our nerves.

if i have my ways, i wish to congratulate nigeria in advance over her shameless leaders and fellowers who have perfectly destroyed nigeria.

no history of nigeria will be complete without the inclussion of pdp who have been outstanding in their role in the destruction of nigeria.

do i have anyone in the house who thinks in the same direction with me or feels am crazy, enjoy ur freedom of speech.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by samorijack(m): 12:16am On Sep 28, 2009
We have nothing to celebrate, nothing at all.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by bibiking1(m): 12:19am On Sep 28, 2009
absolutely nothing!!!!
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by sosisi(f): 1:04am On Sep 28, 2009
The fine man governor Fashola
He is the only reason I'll celebrate.
I have seen his works with my own eyes and I say God bless him and his government,his family and show him Grace.
All the other ones including Yaradua can choke on their pieces of sallah ram grin
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by OvieE: 1:11am On Sep 28, 2009
Celebrate corruptions and bad leaderships. Whether Fashola is doing well or not, as a whole, there is nothing to celebrate. Lagos is just a state not country. If Fashola making a small part in Lagos does not mean it is successful. Everthing in Lagos is decay.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by showbobo(m): 1:44am On Sep 28, 2009
I guess u guys can celebrate ME wink cheesy independence ko slavery ni
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by puskin: 2:11am On Sep 28, 2009
Offcourse, we have cause 2celebrate.
We must celebrate the following:
-for refusing 2take our no.1 rightful spot on the continent.
-for perpetually remaining in darkness courtesy PHCN.
-for having a president that can't priortise his tasks.
-for adamantly remaining underdeveloped.
-for having corrupt leaders that hv sworn 2plunder d treasury.
-for having leaders who fail 2look @critical issues facing us as a nation.
-for being a laughing stock among the big oil producing countries.
-for we the citizens, having the patience to listen to the meaningless numerous independence speeches designed to give the citizenry a sense of hope that is only too far.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by achinu(m): 2:41am On Sep 28, 2009
When you motivate an idiot, all you will have is a motivated idiot (9ja leaders are a bunch of idiots) in the case of 9ja, not only are the leaders idiots they are only motivated to line their own pockets, angryGod Bless 9ja & it ppl.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 28, 2009
My verdict steeks tongue
btw, i got all item - 7 major acessories on hot spot bid, u could reach me on for further enquiries, lol. cheesy
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Nobody: 4:54am On Sep 28, 2009
Fashola. . . anything apart from his works is bullshit! hehehe grin
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by drjerro(m): 5:17am On Sep 28, 2009
let everyone celebrate this day with a lesson on how to become twice richer than u are today in the next 365 days 4rm now, learn a simple magical formular by investing your time, energy and ideas. read and explore

Best Ways to Make Serious Money Starting With a Small Investment

Quite often people think that investing is not a viable option for them because of a common misconception that investing is only worth it if you have a considerable amount of capital. I was one of those people, as I thought that investing, making money and a living out of my investment, would require for to have 500K in my bank.

However, I realized that in order to reach the goal of making money and a living out of my money it was not necessary to wait 30 years breaking my neck until I am 65 and I have reached the 500K mark. Indeed, I learned that investing and making a lot of money at it was not about how much capital you have (although it is obvious that more is better), but more about how consistent and effective you are at managing your risk.

This is really the key, and the reason why we agree to put our money in the hands of large institutions, because we presume that they are better fit to manage the risk for us than we are, and this may be right to some extent, but the fact of the matter is that you can also do a great job at it without the need for you to be an expert thus getting far better returns on your investment.

Nonetheless, it is not about jumping into the markets to see if you get lucky, it is about being prepared, because remember, you are not an expert, but you sure need to perform like one. The question is, how?

Simple, you have to learn how to manage your investment yourself, and this is something you can easily achieve by turning to good educational resources and reliable trading tools, both of which will provide you with the ideal mix of know-how and accurate real time analysis to make your investment so profitable that you will need only a small amount of money to start making a lot of it.

Consider for a moment that if you achieve a 20% monthly return on your investment, an initial investment of $200 could turn into $13,249.47 after only 24 months. So you see, you can make serious money with just a little of it and without being reckless; all you will need to make serious money with your investment is know-how and/or a solid investing toolbox, and of course time, which is why starting sooner is key.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by OAM4J: 5:36am On Sep 28, 2009
I think this piece by Mr Reuben Abati says it all.

At 49, The World Is Passing Us By
By Reuben Abati

By this time next week, Nigeria would have celebrated its 49th anniversary as an independent nation: there will be speeches, prayer sessions, the same old hollow rituals. Almost immediately after, you may expect talks about Nigeria at 50, the landmark, golden anniversary that is bound to come up in October 2010. When Ghana marked its golden jubilee in 2007, there was universal consensus that the country deserved to roll out the drums. But this year, ahead of Nigeria's 50th, what is there to celebrate? This is the same land that produced King Jaja of Opobo, Ovonramwen Nogbaisi, Othman Dan Fodio, Queen Amina, Queen Idia, Oduduwa, men and women of valour who stood for something and whose legacies have since become part of the historiography of a country that emerged long after they passed through here. But today, what have we the new generation done with the legacies of leaders past, and with all the opportunities for greatness that abound in our land? This is what should occupy our minds as we look forward to Nigeria's 49th independence anniversary, not the opportunity to award contracts, or to supply small chops at banquets, sew clothes for the emperors and their wives, not the holiday to sit at home and return to work later like our forgetful Federal Ministers after the recent Eid el Fitri holiday. The truth is that the world is passing us by. At 49, we are a nation of malcontents. When last did anyone tell a happy national story made on Nigerian soil?

I am not talking about the achievements of Nigerian-born children of other nationalities who are resident in other lands, or others who are recording breakthroughs because they are far away from this land, but something that is home-made. I can't immediately recall any striking example in the last two years. We mark the country's 49th birthday against the background of stories about rape, kidnapping, murder in broad daylight, election rigging, corruption, and general anarchy. The average Nigerian is despondent. The national mood is dour. Our country has been rebranded into a country of fraudulent bank CEOs and criminal debtors. The world used to talk about plain 419 scams, but we have now added political 419 and banking 419 to the national profile. Nothing describes our failure as a country better than the woeful performance of our national football teams in recent international tournaments.

The only thing that used to bring us joy: football: we have lost it! In 2010, the year of Nigeria's 50th anniversary, the World Cup will be held in Africa. Not in Nigeria. But in South Africa. And Nigeria may not even be there. How nice it would have been for Nigeria to win the World Cup in the year 2010. But we cannot. We cannot even host football tournaments anymore without causing other people heartaches. FIFA had to advise Nigeria to borrow a leaf from Egypt's current hosting of the U-20 youth tournament (Sept 24- Oct. 16) to learn what it needs to do to host the U-17 in October. Less than a month to that event, we are not ready. And to think that we wanted to host the 2010 World Cup, but as in everything else, we bungled that too and lost out to South Africa, obviously a better organised country.

Our representatives in Egypt played so badly on Friday, some persons felt like smashing up their television sets. Ball possession was 61%-39% in favour of Nigeria but still we lost the match 0-1 to Venezuela. We collected 4 yellow cards and one red card, Venezuela none. We may not go past the first round of the U-20 tournament. Our next match is against Spain which has trounced Tahiti 8-0. I am not too sure we can dent a hole in the Spanish defence. Other African countries in the tournament: Egypt, Cameroon, South Africa, and Ghana are likely to do better than Nigeria. The example of Ghana is particularly saddening. Nigerians used to laugh at Ghana as an inferior and small country. That was in the 70s and early 80s: the golden age of Nigerian nationhood. But today, Ghana is held up as an example that Nigeria should emulate. Ghana's democracy, education system, social infrastructure network are now pushed in our faces as representing the kind of standards we should have. Citizens and companies in Nigeria are relocating to Ghana. For us, the grass is greener on the other side, but while the neighbours watered theirs, we left ours to waste.

What happened on Friday in Egpyt says it all about Nigeria. Nigerians are very good as individuals. Each one of us can kick a ball and metaphorically, manoeuvre it but we lack team spirit. Everyone is a big man or big woman. When Chinyere Igwe, that rude member of the House of representatives told the security guard he assaulted: "Don't you know who I am?," he was voicing out a national pattern. In religion, business, the professions, and interpersonal relations, Nigerians are too ego-driven. One religious group thinks that it is better than the other, so there is a violent clash. One ethnic group resolves that it must have a better share of the national cake than others, and that leads to ethnic conflict. One political party thinks it has a divine right to hold on to power forever, and other political parties are furious, and in due course, the politicians go on a killing spree. This is why for 49 years the Nigerian conversation has been such a shouting match of egos that it ends up in violence, trickery, and the tyranny of a few privileged ones. Nonetheless, individuals have done much better than the country. Some of our people are among the best in the world: this is still the land of Olaudah Equiano, the land that produced Things Fall Apart and Chinua Achebe, the country of Wole Soyinka, a Nobel Laureate in Literature, Benjamin Olukayode Osuntokun, a World Gold Medallist in Medicine, Philip Emeagwali, winner of global distinction in supercomputing, But we can no longer fully celebrate or appreciate individual achievements because as a nation we have for 49 years lived a lie.

When Fanny Amun once said that Nigeria in a particular football tournament will "fumble and wobble" to the final, we all laughed at the phrase and we have been quoting it ever since. But the man was defining our national characteristic. For 49 years we have been "fumbling and wobbling." That is why we may not be going to the World Cup in 2010. That is why the Flying Eagles will crash out of the U-20 tournament in Egypt. It is why our President is not in New York attending the most important meeting of world leaders in the year. That is why Nigerian public universities have been shut down for more than three months and government is not bothered. That is why our politicians rig elections and turn them into life and death matters, and they call that "home-grown democracy." Which African country is in the G20? It is not Nigeria, it is South Africa. What is the Nigerian ideology? What is our collective vision of the future? Vision 2010? Vision 20: 2020? Catch-phrases do not build nations. Human beings do. All our best moments are in the past, including the old National Anthem which is better than the current "hip hop hey" anthem that nobody takes seriously. We may have recorded some sucesses in the past through our strange mode of work, but the world has since moved on. There is no room for sheer luck anymore. Global competition is stiff. There is greater emphasis on hardwork and productivity. We simply slipped off as a country.

What the Manchester United- Manchester City local derby of the other week has shown with the former scoring an extended extra-time goal to run away with a controversial 4-3 victory, is that in any match it is the referee that determines when a match is over and a race does not end until it actually ends. In the world today, even in Africa, Nigeria is not one of the referees. We are at the mercy of other referees. We can't produce and distribute enough electricity to keep our industrial sector going. We are a nation of importers. We consume anything that is made abroad, and yet all our factories are shutting down. We lack basic infrastructure to make this country modern and liveable. For 49 years we have boasted that we are the world's sixth largest producer of crude oil and because of that the country stopped being productive as all our institutions chose to rely on petrol dollar. Now, that petrol dollar may be heading elsewhere. Oil multinationals have found fuel in Chad, Ghana, and somewhere off the coast of Sierra Leone and a more conducive environment in Angola. With all the crises in the Niger Delta, Nigeria's crude oil brings too much trouble. Crude oil that we can't even refine locally for the people's benefit.

Nigerians, as a collective, are also gradually slipping into the lazy mode. We worship money, no longer skills or intellect. And yet what the crisis in the banking sector has shown is that the Nigerian nouveaux riche do not necessarily work for their money. You don't have to be clever to be rich, just be smart. A nation of a few rich men and women whose area of expertise is in beating any system at all is bound to end up with the kind of contradictions that Nigeria is faced with. American security and law enforcement agencies are looking for hundreds of Nigerians who have compromised the American system criminally. In China, Nigerians are on the death row for similar reasons. Many communities in the country have been taken over by an ever-increasing population of young criminals. Inside Africa, other Africans now deride Nigeria and its people. So should we celebrate at 49, or should we engage in a serious re-think of our national processes ahead of Nigeria's 50th birthday in 2010?

In 1960 when Nigeria became independent, 17 other countries gained independence that year: Cameroon (January 1), Senegal (April 4), Togo (May 27), Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire) (June 30), Somalia (July 1), Madagascar (July 26), Benin (August 1) , Niger (August 3), Burkina Faso (August 5), Cote d'Ivoire (August 7), Chad (August 11), Central African Republic (August 13), Congo (August 15), Cyprus (August 16), Gabon (August 17), Mali (September 22), Mauritania (November 28). October 1 is the day of Nigeria's independence, it is also a special day for the following countries: Cyprus and Tuvalu and more importantly, October 1 is China's National Day. The word independence simply means freedom. Are Nigerians free, 49 years after the British colonial masters lowered the Union Jack and the green-white-green flag was hoisted and the people danced all night long: Free at last, "thank God we are free at last?" This is the same country where journalists were once convicted and fined for daring to write during the colonial era that Nigeria will one day be a free country. Are we free? How free?

Look at all the countries with which we share the symbolism of 1960 and October 1. It can be said that most of them are better than Nigeria in terms of development indicators. On October 1 in China, the Chinese will be singing their country's national anthem and reviewing national progress and achievements, and the place of China in the world, many Nigerians will be busy frowning and hissing and wondering what independence means after all. Nigeria is rated among the poorest countries of the world. It is also regarded as one of the most corrupt. Its human devlopment index is low, given the frightening statistics on maternal mortality/morbidity, as well as infant mortality/morbidity and life expectancy ratios. We are, to borrow a phrase from Adebayo Williams, "a land of living ghosts." Cynics would say well it is not so bad, after all we are better than Somalia, Congo, and Gabon, and we are still the most populous and happiest country in Africa. Yeah, how about Cote d'Ivoire, Benin, Cameroon, Senegal, Tuvalu, Togo where the quality of life is much better in comparison? And should we be comparing Nigeria with Mali and Mauritania? What has happened to the country of Ahmadu Bello, Obafemi Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Funlayo Ransome-Kuti, Fela, Ayodele Awojobi, Ben Okri, that at 49, we have to search for happy stories to tell in form of present realities and not as past achievements or untapped potentials?

In a situation such as this, a few Nigerians will ask: what should we do? We all know what is wrong with Nigeria but how do we move it forward? Quo vadis? These are stale questions. The problem with Nigeria is not about knowing what to do: the solutions are embedded in the identifiable problems, it is gettting the right people in the right positions who are willing to make a difference. Ours is, 49 years after independence, a country in search of patriots and citizens. The leaders are incompetent, the people are complex, the country itself is a question mark. The challenge is in all of us rediscovering the purpose of nationhood: Why Nigeria?

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/editorial_opinion/article02/indexn3_html?pdate=270909&ptitle=At 49, The World Is Passing Us By&cpdate=270909
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Forestrock(f): 7:30am On Sep 28, 2009
We have a lot to celebrate the fact that things are been done our way

There is hope, Real Hope, i see a better Nigeria in years to come lets just hold on.

THE WORLD NEEDS US.

WE WOULD BE HUGGED ON OUR INDEPENDANCE DAY
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by slap1(m): 7:32am On Sep 28, 2009
We've got somtin 2 celebrate: we're 49, so we just got a Golden chance of being 50 next year. Lol @ dat. Dat's all. . . . .weeping 'bout ma country. Sometimes I try 2 lift(in my mind)d roads, electricity,schools,leaders etc, of oda countries & bring dem 2 Naija but, alas! They refuse 2 fit in! Are we cursed?
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by chidyke77(m): 7:54am On Sep 28, 2009
Absolutely notin.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by bidemi12(m): 8:09am On Sep 28, 2009
@ drjerro you too much jooo. Anyway, back to the post. I think the originator of the post is just playing with us. what is there to celebrate? the only thing to be happy about is that we have not gone into civil war. which means there is still some form of hope for us as a country. Yes, i think the only thing to celebrate is that hope is still alive. for how long? well your guess is as good as mine.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by jamace(m): 8:12am On Sep 28, 2009
It is just sad to know that we are 49 on October 1, 2009 with the  present deplorable state of affairs in Nigeria.There is total loss of sense of nationalism in our leaders, only individualism. Most things that make a nation great are lacking due to corruption and general lackadaisical attitude of our leaders  towards common good. Its really sad.

Imagine the rot in the system. Most of the leaders, whether political or otherwise, got to positions through dubious means. In offices, funds meant for projects for the good of all are looted for individual satisfaction. In appointment/job employments,  the mentality is now  on connections rather than on ability  to deliver. Really sad, because the best candidates, having both the knowledge and the zeal to make things happen, most of the time, lose out because they are either "nobody" or "children of nobody". Hmm. I'm sad. Let me stop here.  sad  sad  cry  cry
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by sayso: 8:29am On Sep 28, 2009
In church on Sunday 27th September we prayed for Nigeria and with faith in our hearts things will definitely be better come 2010
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by slap1(m): 8:53am On Sep 28, 2009
@ sayso. How many churches make such prayers evriday! U will say d same prayers next year. As an aside, i don't think u answered d question.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:25am On Sep 28, 2009
there's only 1 thing 2 celebrate which is the rate of kidnapping in our country.It has risen to a very admirable level "though not in support of it, im not against it either.The so called political big boys have started scampering 4 safety.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by bayo1(m): 9:27am On Sep 28, 2009
No one celebrate failure. People only celebrate success. China will be 60 years old also by October 1. China can afford to celebrate but not Nigeria. They are only 10 years older than us, but 100 years ahead of us in development! As Ruben Abati rightly said, the world has left us behind. We are no where to be found even in Africa! Forget all these noises of been the giant of Africa. Giant in what? Population? That has not helped us.
Until we wake up to the fact that we are not alone in the world, we would not make any progress. The world is laughing at us and we are shamelessly bragging as the most populous black nation in the world. What a shame!
I know that in the very nearest future, there will be alternative to petroleum which is our main export. The developed world is working tirelessly to find alternative. Maybe we would wake up by then. But why waiting till then?
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Witi(m): 9:39am On Sep 28, 2009
What do you have to celebrate about a sick, mentally retarded, foolish, proud, morally degraded, slowpoke 49 years old man or say uncle! Absolutely nothing angry sad shocked angry sad shocked
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by MUZBO(m): 9:47am On Sep 28, 2009
Celebrate ko jubilate ni! Abeg whats the latest on that peaceful 'light up Nigeria' match slated for the 1st? BTW that Mr Abati guy too dey talk, make hin step out and lead a 1 million-man match then we'll see.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by princekevo(m): 9:54am On Sep 28, 2009
We have many to celebrate,
1. Our backwardness.(at least we are not stagnant so worth celebrating)
2. our level of foolishness attained.
3. our hight of coruption( We have achived new record on coruption level so worth celebrating)
4. endurance ( We are the best on this, even if we are dying of hunger and starvation we can always endure with happiness).
and many more.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by jamace(m): 10:00am On Sep 28, 2009
there's only 1 thing 2 celebrate which is the rate of kidnapping in our country.It has risen to a very admirable level "though not in support of it, im not against it either.The so called political big boys have started scampering 4 safety.

I second you, jare. De thin don tire me. Hmm. angry angry
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by StEdwin(m): 10:01am On Sep 28, 2009
There's just nothing to celebrate. Instead of moving forward, we are no longer stagnant but we are now moving backward in all sectors of the economy.
No thanks to a backward leadership and sluggish former university lecturers who parade themselves as President and Vice-President.
1. ASUU IS ON STRIKE, STUDENTS AT HOME,
2. PHCN HAS GONE FROM WORST TO UNFUNCTIONAL, DESPITE YAR ADUA'S PROMISE TO DECLARE A STATE OF EMERGENCY IN THE POWER SECTOR.
3. NO INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT.
4. BANK EXECUTIVES ARE BUSY ENRICHING THEMSELVES
5. CRIME RATE IS INCREASING WITH INCREASED UNRESOLVED ASSASINATIONS
6. CORRUPTION IS THE ORDER OF THE DAY AS NO FORMER GOVERNOR HAS BEEN PROSECUTED
7.  THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE IS IN SHAMBLES AS THEY ARE NO LONGER CHASING CRIMINALS BUT SHADOWS
8. INFLATION RATE IS INCREASING,
9. NAIRA IS DEPRECIATING TO OTHER CURRENCIES
10. FOREIGN INVESTORS ARE LEAVING THE COUNTRY TO NEARBY AFRICAN COUNTRIES WHERE THE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT IS FRIENDLY AND CONDUCIVE
11. WHAT MORE CAN I SAY THAN NIGERIA IS NOT JUST HOSPITALIZED BUT WE ARE IN A COMA AND IT WILL ONLY TAKE THE GRACE OF GOD FOR US TO SURVIVE.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by okeey(m): 10:09am On Sep 28, 2009
we shd first thank God and dere is a lots to celebrate.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by nethacker(m): 10:10am On Sep 28, 2009
We should celebrate the Idiots in power
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by tayoTFC(m): 10:12am On Sep 28, 2009
we need to celebrate 49 yrs on fail leader, without acvievement, PDP 7point faliure
1, education , fail
 2. security, fail
 3. Power, fail
 4. Employment, fail
 5. food security, fail
 6.Development, fail
 7.Water, fail

SO LETS CELEBRATE THE FALIURE OF OUR LEADER 7 POINT AGENDER
leader who its education in the contry has collapse and went to celebrate the succes of another country education
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by otokx(m): 10:14am On Sep 28, 2009
Nothing at all
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by tokunegiye(m): 10:34am On Sep 28, 2009
49 years of hopeless hope
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by U1(m): 10:59am On Sep 28, 2009
Na which yeye independence dem dey celebrate self? Are the people really independent from those corrupt folks up there? sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested / Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State / Osama Bin Laden Kept Ponography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.