Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:16 AM

Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (63408 Views)

100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by mosalab(m): 2:04am On Aug 18, 2016
The Police in Ogun State, yesterday, released unconditionally, the 30-year-old trader, Joe Fortemose Chinakwe, who was arrested last Saturday for naming his pet dog ‘Buhari’.

The embattled trader, who was visibly angry after his three-day incarceration in police cell, was let off the hook around 5pm on Tuesday after the intervention of both the Serkin Hausa and President-General of non-indigenes in the state.

It was learned that the prompt intervention of the elders made the complainant to withdraw the case he reported against the trader at Sango-Ota division which was later transferred to Police headquarters at Eleweran.

However, police sources said both the complainant and suspect were made to sign an undertaking not to cause any breach of peace again.

Speaking to Vanguard after this release, the trader, a father of two from the Niger Delta, who trades on second hand clothing lamented that he was made to suffer for no just cause.

Complainant from Niger Republic

Narrating his ordeal, Chinakwe said “It is annoying because the complainant is from Niger Republic and I am sure he is one of those illegal aliens in this country. He connived with one Police Sergeant from the Northern part of Nigeria called Musa, who works at Sango Police division to humiliate me. Worse still, the Divisional Police Officer there, did not help matters as he refused to entertain any plea from me after I was arrested that Saturday night. He simply ordered his men to throw me into the cell.”

Why dog was named Buhari

Continuing, he said “I did not commit any offence. I named my beloved pet dog Buhari, who is my hero. My admiration for Buhari started far back when he was a military Head of State. It continued till date that he is a civilian President. After reading his dogged fight against corruption, which is like a canker worm eating into the very existence of this country, I solely decided to rename my beloved dog which I called Buhari, after him. I did not know that I was committing an offence for admiring Buhari.

Ordeal with Police

“I was intimidated and thrown inside the cell with hardened criminals for about three days. While I was there, the complainant from Niger Republic and Sergeant Musa from the North kept on taunting me saying people from my part of the country are trouble makers and that after detaining me, they will throw me into prison where I will die unsung.

”Even when my wife came with our baby on her back, they stopped her from giving me food. One of my friends that came to see me was also maltreated.

“While taking me to Eleweran the next day, they handcuffed and chained me together with that my friend. Fortunately, when we got to police headquarters, both the Commissioner of Police and other officers were angry with their colleagues at Sango-Ota.

”They were wondering loudly why I was brought to the headquarters over such a minor case. It’s very unfortunate that I have to be so humiliated in my own country because of the antics of a foreigner in connivance with my brother from the North.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/named-dog-buhari-trader/

Photo: The embattled trader, Chinakwe.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by idesylvester(m): 2:12am On Aug 18, 2016
That's because u didn't add Sai Baba to d name...

Shey na buhari and Dog b ur hero now... fuel cheap 4 ur side be that

Well, sorry.. next

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 18, 2016
Learnt a lesson!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by StOla: 2:21am On Aug 18, 2016
The complainant then claimed it was derogatory because his father answers Buhari.” Police sources, however, told Vanguard that the actions of the suspect “were very provocative.” The source said: “he not only named the dog Buhari but boldly wrote it on the body of both sides of the dog and was seen parading the neighbourhood dominated by Northerners with it.”

Why are some people so self-destructive, suicidal and craving for conflict and anarchy?

The Northerners did not misconstrue his intention. They know him to be a hateful Igbo, the likes of which vent their frustration and misery on this forum and other online media. Now an Ipob member who has forgotten he is not in Aba, has met his match in Buhari's tribesmen. Even if the complainant is claiming to have Buhari as his father's name / surname, it is evident that both defendant and plaintiff are fighting a tribal proxy war over President Buhari.

Can he name his dog Ojukwu or Azikiwe? Imagine a Yoruba man in Nnewi naming his goat Ojukwu, or a Fulani man in Aba naming his dog Nnamdi Kanu and parading it around the IPOB meeting centres? That is the suicidal attribute the Igbos are known for. Imagine using such a revered name in a community populated by Hausa-Fulani? Even if he had named the dog Awolowo, I know his Yoruba hosts may find it repulsive, but would not react violently, resulting in the boldness of the Igbo man who then concludes that Yorubas are cowards and are docile.

Since the Igbo man welcomes bravery and detest the peaceful Yorubas as weaklings, let him celebrate and enjoy the bravery of his Hausa-Fulani neighbours. It is stupidity such as this that was displayed by Igbos in the North, that led to their slaughter in the Northern pogroms as a Northern civilian reaction to the Jan 1966 coup killings of Northern politicians and Army officers.

However, whether the coward directed his friends of hate to eat up his own dog is irrelevant as no case exist here, talk-less of an implication. Nevertheless, the arrested man is safer in that police custody as his bigoted life will be wasted without a second thought, the moment he steps out of police "custodial protection".
We all know the Hausa-Fulani, they don't need to mouth hatred and beat their hollow chest to teach an equally hateful lesson.

See what hate has caused now? His days of peace are over in that community. Except he is released by the police directly at Aba, where his fellow bigoted clansmen will welcome him as a hero who had to runaway from Yorubaland because of Hausa-Fulanis who are his fellow settlers.

After his brain was reset at the police station, hear him declare eternal love for Buhari.

Why dog was named Buhari
Continuing, he said “I did not commit any offence. I named my beloved pet dog Buhari, who is my hero. My admiration for Buhari started far back when he was a military Head of State. It continued till date that he is a civilian President. After reading his dogged fight against corruption, which is like a canker worm eating into the very existence of this country, I solely decided to rename my beloved dog which I called Buhari, after him. I did not know that I was committing an offence for admiring Buhari.

362 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by daveyjay(m): 2:22am On Aug 18, 2016
I knew he was qonna be released, even thouqh he acted irrational, of all ways to honour your said hero, you name a doq after him, interestinq, it's not aqainst the law....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by daveyjay(m): 2:27am On Aug 18, 2016
GODKID98:
........nd dat z hw d man became an EX-CONVICT!!

Nothinq like "ex-convict" here! Need to take time and study the meaninq of CONVICT??! Google has always been loyal to err'one...

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by mhisbliss(f): 2:28am On Aug 18, 2016
just say you have the freedom to name your dog buhari thats understandable the excuse is very cheesy assuming buhari is actually a hero among all the ways to honor a hero you choose to name a dog after him

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 18, 2016
daveyjay:

Nothinq like "ex-convict" here! Need to take time and study the meaninq of CONVICT??! Google has always been loyal to err'one...

school me,pls!
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by daveyjay(m): 2:30am On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

Why are some people so self-destructive, suicidal and craving for conflict and anarchy?

The Northerners did not misconstrue his intention. They know him to be a hateful Igbo, the likes of which vent their frustration and misery on this forum and other online media. Now an Ipob member who has forgotten he is not in Aba, has met his match in Buhari's tribesmen. Even if the complainant is claiming to have Buhari as his father's name / surname, it is evident that both defendant and plaintiff are fighting a tribal proxy war over President Buhari.

Can he name his dog Ojukwu or Azikiwe? Imagine a Yoruba man in Nnewi naming his goat Ojukwu, or a Fulani man in Aba naming his dog Nnamdi Kanu and parading it around the IPOB meeting centres? That is the suicidal attribute the Igbos are known for. Imagine using such a revered name in a community populated by Hausa-Fulani? Even if he had named the dog Awolowo, I know his Yoruba hosts may find it repulsive, but would not react violently, resulting in the boldness of the Igbo man who then concludes that Yorubas are cowards and are docile.

Since the Igbo man welcomes bravery and detest the peaceful Yorubas as weaklings, let him celebrate and enjoy the bravery of his Hausa-Fulani neighbours. It is stupidity such as this that was displayed by Igbos in the North, that led to their slaughter in the Northern pogroms as a Northern civilian reaction to the Jan 1966 coup killings of Northern politicians and Army officers.

However, whether the coward directed his friends of hate to eat up his own dog is irrelevant as no case exist here, talk-less of an implication. Nevertheless, the arrested man is safer in that police custody as his bigoted life will be wasted without a second thought, the moment he steps out of police "custodial protection".
We all know the Hausa-Fulani, they don't need to mouth hatred and beat their hollow chest to teach an equally hateful lesson.

See what hate has caused now? His days of peace are over in that community. Except he is released by the police directly at Aba, where his fellow bigoted clansmen will welcome him as a hero who had to runaway from Yorubaland because of Hausa-Fulanis who are his fellow settlers.

****the complainant is from Niger Republic, not from Northern Nigeria, please read with ur brain aqain, stop hatinq, it can kill you oh, hope you know??!

Thank me later

306 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by LecciGucci: 2:32am On Aug 18, 2016
nawao... but everyone has d right to name their pet watever.

indeed we are in jokemocracy regime

8 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by daveyjay(m): 2:33am On Aug 18, 2016
GODKID98:

school me,pls!

I've arranqed a better and more patient teacher for U....Google, enjoy your lesson and don't skip classes...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by onnenka: 2:41am On Aug 18, 2016
So that Nairalander who said the guy is from delta state and doesn't like being referred to as Igbo is correct.
Neemrod:
For the Afonjas calling the man an igbo man because of his name, let it be said that the guys is from Isele Ukwu in Delta state, I know him and he never accepts to be called igbo. So please direct your venom to his clan and not the proud Igbo Nation.

And We were busy fighting for someone that doesn't accept being Igbo.

20 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by StOla: 2:54am On Aug 18, 2016
daveyjay:

Mumu, the complainant is from Niger Republic, not from Northern Nigeria, please read with ur brain aqain, stop hatinq, it can kill you oh, hope you know??!

Thank me later

Does being from Niger Republic stop him from being Hausa-Fulani?

Or does the complainant not share the same Buhari name with a Nigerian Fulani President as disclosed in the report?

Besides, it is the one sided claim of the now traumatised idiot that the complainant is from Niger Republic. Am I supposed to even consider that as factual? Or does that excuse the bigotry of the now Buhari lover?

I hope you and your ilk learn some basic inter-ethnic co-habitation etiquette from this episode.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by YorubaFynest: 3:10am On Aug 18, 2016
[size=14pt]If Hausas and Ibos want to go at it, they need to do it in the North or South Sh!t. Yorubaland is not for bitter idiottts to display their bitterness.

**** Imagine what would have happed had a Hausa man named his dog Ojukwu in the South sh!t. Would he have done this in the North? These fools take the peace in Yorubaland for granted.

We will not let foreign faeces or osus make Yorubaland inhabitable for others.

Yorubaland will continue to remain peaceful and tolerant to opposing views.
[/size]

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Firefire(m): 3:27am On Aug 18, 2016
[s]
YorubaFynest:
If Hausas and Ibos want to go at it, they need to do it in the North or South Sh!t. Yorubaland is not for bitter idiottts to display their bitterness.

I hope Hausas flog the mess out of this idiotic trader like Yorubas flogged the nuisance in Akure. Imagine what would have happed had a Hausa man named his dog Ojukwu in the South sh!t. Would he have done this in the North? These fools take the peace in Yorubaland for granted.

Yorubaland will continue to remain peaceful and tolerant to opposing views.
[/s]

Why are some people this hateful and exhibiting same on the cyberspace ?

Bro., free yourself from the spirit of hatred, irrespective of the opinion(s) of others towards you.

Thank you.

143 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by YorubaFynest: 3:32am On Aug 18, 2016
Firefire:
[s][/s]

[s]Why are some people this hateful and exhibiting same on the cyberspace ?

Bro., free yourself from the spirit of hatred, irrespective of the opinion(s) of others towards you.

Thank you.[/s]

Keep quiet!

29 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by RZArecta(m): 3:35am On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

[s]Why are some people so self-destructive, suicidal and craving for conflict and anarchy?

After his brain was reset at the police station, hear him declare eternal love for Buhari
[/s].

a fellow Nigerian named his goat after Jonathan, nobody heard all this nonsense we're hearing now. Just because a despot is in power now, you want everyone to bow down and worship your tin god

https://www.nairaland.com/3294886/man-name-goat-jonathan-see

209 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by ministeriallist: 3:36am On Aug 18, 2016
If A dog is named Obama in the US, nobody would give a hoot. It's simply a sign of admiration of a personality.
Evidently, we don't value pets in this country.

I can see what tribalism has reduced us to in this country.
Most unfortunately, even some of our law enforcement Agents had to be corrected by their superiors b4 the innocent man was released.
One needs to be careful in this country because good intentions could easily be misconstrued by ignorant people.
Sorry man, that's your fellow Nigerians for you. They're more concerned about trivial matters that doesn't have effect on the price of fuel or garri.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Firefire(m): 3:36am On Aug 18, 2016
YorubaFynest:

Keep quiet!

A word is enough for the wise.

Laayooooo.

19 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by YorubaFynest: 3:40am On Aug 18, 2016
Firefire:

A word is enough for the wise.

Laayooooo.

I don't blame you. I know you're on PDP payroll. Na your type go sell Yorubaland because of kulikuli change. Please go find Pro-APC people to spit at.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by YorubaFynest: 3:41am On Aug 18, 2016
ministeriallist:
If A dog is named Obama in the US, nobody would give a hoot. It's simply a sign of admiration of a personality.
Evidently, we don't value pets in this country.

I can see what tribalism has reduced us to in this country.
Most unfortunately, even some of our law enforcement Agents had to be corrected by their superiors b4 the innocent man was released.
One needs to be careful in this country because good intentions could easily be misconstrued by ignorant people.
Sorry man, that's your fellow Nigerians for you. They're more concerned about trivial matters that doesn't have effect on the price of fuel or garri.

Name a dog "Trump" and walk him through a white-centric neighborhood right now.

Stop yarning dust.

You're right. Tribalism caused the Ibo man to name a dog "Buhari" and walk him through a Hausa community. When will you Ibos learn to take fault and stop playing victim? Keep your intolerance in the SE.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by RZArecta(m): 3:42am On Aug 18, 2016
YorubaFynest:
[size=14pt]If Hausas and Ibos want to go at it, they need to do it in the North or [b]SOUTH SH!T. YORUBALAND IS NOT FOR BITTER IDIOTTTS TO DISPLAY THEIR BITTERNESS.

[/b]I hope Hausas flog the mess out of this idiotic trader like Yorubas flogged the nuisance in Akure. Imagine what would have happed had a Hausa man named his dog Ojukwu in the South sh!t. Would he have done this in the North? These fools take the peace in Yorubaland for granted.

[b]Yorubaland will continue to remain peaceful and tolerant to opposing views.
[/b][/size]
why contradicting yourself so blatantly ? You say Yoruba land isn't a place for "bitter idiotttts" to display their bitterness yet in the same breath you show the whole world your own bitterness by calling the south east "south sh!t"

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by YorubaFynest: 3:44am On Aug 18, 2016
RZArecta:
why contradicting yourself so blatantly ? You say Yoruba land isn't a place for "bitter idiotttts" to display their bitterness yet in the same breath you show the whole world your own bitterness by calling the south east "south sh!t"

Sometimes you have to get in the mud to pull the pigs out.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Nobody: 3:46am On Aug 18, 2016
He should be locked up for ever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by ministeriallist: 3:49am On Aug 18, 2016
YorubaFynest:

Name a dog "Trump" and walk him through a white-centric neighborhood right now.

Stop yarning dust.

You're right. Tribalism caused the Ibo man to name aa dog "Buhari" and walk him through a Hausa community. When wil you Ibos learn to take fault and stop playing victim?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by jamesibor: 3:50am On Aug 18, 2016
daveyjay:
I knew he was qonna be released, even thouqh he acted irrational, of all ways to honour your said hero, you name a doq after him, interestinq, it's not aqainst the law....

What is irrational about naming a dog Buhari?

I wonder which cave some of you live in.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Firefire(m): 3:50am On Aug 18, 2016
YorubaFynest:

I don't blame you. I know you're on PDP payroll. Na your type go sell Yorubaland because of kulikuli change. Please go find Pro-APC people to spit at.

You see, bringing tribalism into politics. embarassed

So, you still believe some people are on PDP payroll in this era? where PDP go get the money to pay my costly bill? My expense is not less than 50k Naira a day.

Take my advise, leave trash for LAWMA quite tribal warfare.

Let the unrepentant bigots advance their trade, unless you are also one of the traders.

Shalom!

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by RZArecta(m): 3:52am On Aug 18, 2016
YorubaFynest:

Sometimes you have to get in the mud to pull the pigs out.
if you want to remain a man just stay that way, if you want to be a pig also stay like a pig. Contradiction is the sign of an unstable person, your last statement would give unwary outsiders the impression that perhaps Yoruba are not as hospitable as they claim seeing that you were claiming to be neutral but at the same breath taking sides in this small matter. Let peace reign in this country

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Nobody: 3:57am On Aug 18, 2016
Naming the dog Buhari, writing the name boldly on it and parading it around Hausa neighborhood was very disrespectful. If anyone does such with my dad, I'm gonna SH00t him.

I still don't like Buhari though.undecided

8 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by YorubaFynest: 3:59am On Aug 18, 2016
RZArecta:
if you want to remain a man just stay that way, if you want to be a pig also stay like a pig. Contradiction is the sign of an unstable person, your last statement would give unwary outsiders the impression that perhaps Yoruba are not as hospitable as they claim seeing that you were claiming to be neutral but at the same breath taking sides in this small matter. Let peace reign in this country

If you want to act like a pig, do it in the SE.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by YorubaFynest: 4:05am On Aug 18, 2016
Firefire:

You see, bringing tribalism into politics. embarassed

So, you still believe some people are on PDP payroll in this era? where PDP go get the money to pay my costly bill? My expense is not less than 50k Naira a day.

Take my advise, leave trash for LAWMA quite tribal warfare.

Let the unrepentant bigots advance their trade, unless you are also one of the traders.

Shalom!

Leave trash for LAWMA! Go sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by omogin(f): 4:41am On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

After his brain was reset at the police station, hear him declare eternal love for Buhari.

Make we hear word. Reset nonsense! Who is proud to be associated to the slowpoke at the top? Only morons

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Dog That Walks Like A Human (Video, Photos) / Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) / Two-headed Snake Eats Two Mice Using Both Mouths At Same Time (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.